The Rise of "Competitive Gaming" and Its Future Consequences

The Rise of "Competitive Gaming" and Its Future Consequences:

youtube.com/watch?v=UffSAYtl2WA

"Competitive" gaming is targeting and exploiting "zoomer" children by devaluing physical competition and education. The games are free to play, "Fortnite" being the most popular, but make their money ($2 million dollars per day on average/ $9 Billion by the end of 2019) through in-game purchases known as "microtransactions" (other profits come merchandising, tournaments, etc)

Economic synopsis explained here:
>investopedia.com/tech/how-does-fortnite-make-money/

The free-to-play model is a classic tactic used to turn "free users" into walking advertisement campaigns (exposure to immediate social circle, online social circle, user-generated content on Twitch and Youtube). From these supplementary platforms and the game itself, some of these children are making anywhere from $7,000 a month to $1,000,000.

This game has become an addiction for children comparable to "Online Poker", profits and all. It gives them a taste for free and then milks them for time and money. Online poker has age requirement laws for a reason. So children cannot warp their developing brains, morals, common sense, and sense of reason with gambling induced dopamine rushes (that will result in lifelong addiction and psychological problems). These games are no different. Yet, they remain unregulated and are considered harmless, even to the parents of these children.

These games are not only stealing the childhoods of these kids, it is domesticating them to be weak males in the future (both physically and mentally) that thrive off peer attention, and underestimate the struggles of life (inevitably failures) due to the fast-twitch biochemical reward system that gaming has ingrained in them since their daily prepubescent conditioning. The games have become an addiction no different than heroin or cocaine to these young males, and should be treated as a public health crisis.

Attached: Fortnite.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RgYW8IlOPA&t=0s&list=PLKFDUMupjXqh-D40ySQgyUIp_Z_6y5LWO&index=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So we should ban world of warcraft?

Epic disregarded Unreal Tournament and even Gears of War for this ultimate shit.

>So we should ban world of warcraft?
This is warcraft, except without the community, immersive world/lore, creativity, or sense of purpose.

It's warcraft, but reworked for normies, and it learned from previous games mistakes concerning the importance of continued revenue streams.

It's monstrous and it is feeding on the generation that will rule the world when millennial are set to retire.

Fortnite is the lesser of the two evils. Rather have my kids play that shit then watch cartoons with fags kissing.

Attached: 1020986.jpg (1200x682, 97K)

Fortnite has some thicc female models.
These kids are playing for a reason lol;.

You're right

Maybe WoW used to be that, but now it's an insane 1000 mile an hour autistic poker machine.

>This is warcraft, except without the community
The community is immensely large, you're plain out wrong. Grandmas are flossing for viral videos
>immersive world/lore
Again you don't know what you're talking about, the seasons have a plot continuity
>creativity, or sense of purpose.
Warcraft doesn't have creativity or purpose either. You get little outfits for your online avatar.
My point isn't to demonize Warcraft, but to relate OP's post to the Anti-RPG outrage when WoW was gaining steam, which turned out to be absolutely nothing

This! A good post user especially a lot of us who were here since the start. Some of us have kids who are of age to play. My advice have your kids go out side, get in sports. You have the capability to go hunt. Teach your kids how to hunt and love nature( don’t have to be an avid hunter). For sons let them do physical stuff, take to air shows monster truck rallies. For daughters put them in sports too soccer etc gymnastics. The outdoors is good for kids. I do allow my son to play videos games but is on a time limit and only on the weekends for Aprox an hour an half.

I will never let my kids watch these jewish cartoons.

lol the world is gonna be so weird once the people who grew up after 9/11 and played CoD online are running things.

Attached: RgqxZ.png (836x1024, 221K)

To this right here. I don’t allow my kids to watch cable to tv. I do have Netflix but only watch a few movies on there. I also show them
90s cartoon shows and movies lion king, Aladdin secret of nimh etc

>"People are making money off of [insert thing] in 2018 and it's making [insert X demographic][insert mental illness etc]"
Ban money and we won't have the same problems reapeating at infinitum

Attached: 1539321335684.jpg (996x1000, 315K)

Have watch classic shows bug bunny. Shit like ain’t PC

>Rather have my kids play that shit then watch cartoons with fags kissing.
How about get off your ass and introduce them to hobbies you pathetic waste of space. It's your fucking job as a father to ensure they are on a path of productivity.

Spend some time with them and mold them to be better than you. Don't pawn them off on a faggy friend simulator/time waster just so your Dominican ass can drink a six pack and watch TV.

Attached: 1538033250575.jpg (1200x800, 237K)

>Ban money and we won't have the same problems reapeating at infinitum
>money

That's a weird way of spelling "Jews". Is it from a lesser known German dialect?

Attached: 1538020259633.jpg (800x516, 47K)

This! You will be or are already a good father user.

Fuck, I remember reading this is a kid. It gave me a real laugh. Who could've predicted the future would have turned out the way it did? It's things like this that make me realise the world 30 years from now will be nothing like we could imagine.

Attached: 1429024378915.png (556x610, 371K)

In some situations; To kill a devil, you have to take away its pitchfork.

you sound like a concerned mom from the late 1980s

>waaah stop conditioning kids against what we want you to condition them with
>they should be risking injury and social approval by fueling the sportsball meme so we can make money ,rather than being comfy with friends they wanna talk to online

The real reason they attack vidya is because it’s boys having uncontrollable fun within which they have to answer to no one. No coaches or parents. And most importantly it’s not something that is validated by women.

If people, see boys doing things women haven’t influenced towards mass appeal commercialization . They will attack it.

Change my mind.

>fortnite
>competitive
Kiddos, when will they learn?

Attached: 002BB4E4-3D7A-4C59-9BE4-0DD1E25A6E48.png (1128x1002, 105K)

>the path of productivity
>posts image of painted roastie

Why not sustainability. When you think of young men you only see tools to supplement your parasitic economy.

I see a kid that’s enjoying his life and not wasting it on chasing the approval of holes

>they should be risking injury and social approval by fueling the sportsball meme so we can make money ,rather than being comfy with friends they wanna talk to online
holy shit, fat zoomer nerd detected

Attached: 1506774612488.jpg (600x629, 176K)

>the games have become an addiction no different from heroin or cocaine

Why is everything young boys like demonized as an addiction or some sort or problem?

I mean it’s literally anything.

I’ve never seen any outrage over things little girls like, such as slutty women role models in magazines or outright degenerate music and pop culture which has in fact more of a negative effect on their psyche than video games ever have on boys

Sounds like typical war on boys bs to me.

cringe

Imagine being 50 years old and just now realizing Esports exist.

Attached: 1488413766027.png (684x588, 486K)

I wont lie, i have fartnite on my ps4 and do play occasionally but the whole environment and it's player base are fucked. I can playa few matches but it gets old quick time and theres fucking losers who spend all day playing and know every nook and cranny and what not. As lame as it sounds I usually play wth some like 12 year old kid who is actually pretty redpilled and I like shooting him more information on history and politics and society etc and in a sens efeel obligated to redpill him more because it can cause chain reaction. I only really play racing games and even those games are becoming plebbit type communities and social warrior safe havens. the newer Gran Turismo has a decal uploader and some nip added a pic of some big titted japenbes broad and the comments were fucking saddening. Things like "this is prono, you are reported", "eewwwww grosss", "delete this now!" not to mention the fact the game is shit, i am ready to give it up all together. I only play ps4 and GT cause it was a gift but videogames have become the biggest centre of indoctrination and group think. Igrew up in the 90s and obviously spent a lot time playing games but when I reched highschool I never played and it wasn't till a few years ago when I got internet i started playing again to play online.

So. If I was .so what

Not fat and played sports ball all through school.

What I realized is people feel reassured if you’re a moron playing ball .that’s encouraged , rather than a guy playing video games having decent grades.

That’s why niggers can get into top schools on sportsball “scholarships” with a 2.0 gpa while college recruiters come to them

While everyone else has to bust their asses with recommendation letters and essays and maintain at least a 3.5 while getting student loans

You ever think a new generation of people are sick of fueling retarded social conventions.

As an old man I used to play the counter strikes and used to get very het up when I lost. But it wasn't mainstream. Im scared when I hear that every kid is playing a first person shooter now, if a war kicks off are all the zoomers going to noscope me and have better aim?

In my experiences in COD games, they love to jump of buildings while spinning. During the spin they somehow land a hit and it's an instant death for me. And here I am, I can't even hit something standing still while using a scope.

>rather than a guy playing video games having decent grades.
Yeah right, school work suffers when little shits do nothing but playing video games. And yes, I know there's outliers.
Anyway, it's not about video games vs sports; sports have their own problems. It's about the addictive nature and profiteering of the video game industry.

THEY'RE BOTH SHIT YOU DUMB FAGGOT RETARDS

>it’s about the addictive nature

Dude anything that produces endorphins is addictive.

No one complains about video game industry profiteering when it’s female accessible FarmVille, candy crush or angry birds bullshit.

This is specifically an attack on games boys enjoy near exclusively, and it’s always been that way. No one tells a girl to stop texting and being an instathot social media whore and go play sports.

It’s an attempt to get boys back on the plantation. Because if boys aren’t pursuing sports and socially acceptable hobbies , they aren’t controlled, which put dent in every industry built around what boys are doing

If boys are playing vidya, then they aren’t all dating, which means no diamonds, chocolates or spending money . They’re just playing vidya and enjoying themselves.

Same logic essentially applies to dating robots. If boys stop pursuing the sexual triathlon, people panic.

Literally every time.

All the better for me and my sons to chad the fuck up and imoegnate the finest women

that's true!

My nephew plays this and young men are using thicc slut skins instead of masculine ones. Society is over.

I dunno mate, I think you'll find people criticise excessive social media use and dogshit mobile games all the time.
youtube.com/watch?v=7RgYW8IlOPA&t=0s&list=PLKFDUMupjXqh-D40ySQgyUIp_Z_6y5LWO&index=3
That's an Australian government initiative to get teen roasties off the couch, for example.
I agree, everything the government does is about building a healthy, reliable taxbase, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you're doing is good for you.
I don't know where you get this idea that video games = no roastie. It might work that way for ugly cunts who put no effort into themselves, but normies can play video games and still get bitches.

ey, that's some rare common sense you got there.
Would be a shame if if was ignored so that people can complain about XYZ to feel better about themselves.
Also /thread
everybody gtfo

Attached: 1539400032822.jpg (612x441, 59K)

>criticize social media
>make movie jerking off Zuckerberg who sells your life and info to corporations and governments
>no movie or acknowledgment for Tom teaching you how to code html before destroying the beast he created

Yes.

Fortnites skill gap has brainlets so mad. Stick to the easy point and shoot games

Also any man who’s been around women long enough know that after spending an extended period of time around them they began to attack the things in your life that break her monopoly on your attention.

I had a gf for 4 years who was cool with vidya, at first.

But god help you if I played them for any more than 20 minutes.

She would literally make up shit to argue about and could not tolerate me playing my Total war campaign

A gf a had before that played the “we need to talk” game. Just to butch about how she’s worried that a grown man like me is playing vidya.

I ignored her, and she started fucking a coworker.

So no gamer girls are just roastie who realize they get more male attention than fab by picking up a controller. None of them are any good at the games that require skill or competitiveness

That shit has been happening the last 20 years without people saying anything.
Remember old console games?
Remember Everquest? Asheron's Call? Star Wars Galaxies? World of Warcraft?
Why do you think there were so many "GAME DESIGN" wannabes over the last 20 years?
Its why the for-profit colleges have made a ton of government money off of students they trick into enrolling in those programs even though theres no actual job to support it.

Also, YOU are paying the bill for these schools funneling government money through the poor for these programs that the poor can't afford/won't be able to ever pay back.
We got played bad.

These games used to be subscription fee. Then companies like Sony Online experimented with micro-transactions. They were the first with 'card packs' you could buy for Star Wars Galaxies and get random rare items in booster packs you bought separate from the subscription.

You're one of the good ones user. Thank you for having the patience, self respect, and interest that are necessary when raising a child in the cesspit of modernity we currently exist within.

I hope others take after you, but I fear we are to far down the road of decadence and distraction to ever turn back.

Attached: 1538086334972.jpg (960x960, 50K)

>lol the world is gonna be so weird once the people who grew up after 9/11 and played CoD online are running things.

Yea. We're fucked. But at least the inevitable horror of Armageddon will be matched by the absurdity of the events that will inevitably lead to the pressing of the button.

This party is just getting started.

Attached: 1538899834541.jpg (800x800, 119K)

>Yes.
Based.

> For daughters put them in sports too soccer etc gymnastics.
degenerate as fuck
might as well just make your daughter a stripper

>degenerate as fuck
>might as well just make your daughter a stripper
I agree. That's why you volunteer to coach/ assistant coach the team. Keep an eye on things.

Attached: 1538542204188.png (568x928, 612K)

Can't tell if you're being degenerate or not

you realize that shit rots your fucking brain and if you put that console jew away youd realize how much of a cuck and baby you seem like to your gf. video games are for fucking children. put it away and be a man, provide for her and make the bitch cook, clean, and pop out children for you.

you want violence in your life, go hunting like real men do....

I was going to say this myself; it seems like he's letting his real life slip away to play total war lol.

This right here

>Change my mind.

I've never met a single child or adolescent that plays video games and reads more than one book per year (If I'm being honest, the number of books read is actually closer to 0 on average). Youths that play video games don't read books or pursue non-digital hobbies at all. It's either vidya or television.

Don't want to play a sport? Fine. That doesn't give you an excuse to play vidya. Read a fucking book and learn a skill or hobby.
Do something fulfilling with your pathetic existence.
"Meaning in life" only exists when you grab reality by the scrotum, uppercut it in the balls, wrestle it to the ground, and kiss it gently on the back of the neck before whispering in it's ear "You're my bitch now sweet lips. Now let's go see if bird-watching is a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy."

Attached: 1538845680606.jpg (564x460, 46K)

Thank you. And yes I agree, but you can’t look it like that. We just give have to give hope to the youth even if it’s our children. A little by little just red pull the people around you, start with family friends. We are a last of a dying breed.

animenigger spotted
difference made: none

if your daughter isnt married off at 14 to a suitor age 20-25 that you personally know you are setting your daughter up for failure and retarded down syndrome grandchildren
and yes you can legally marry you daughter off when she is 14 in quite a few states that arent femenized

>You're my bitch now sweet lips. Now let's go see if bird-watching is a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy
This is actually a wholesome rape phrase. 9/10 would use if i was a rapist.

Attached: Rape Game.jpg (500x832, 83K)

>imoegnate
Is that when a leaf preps the bull for his wife, while simultaneously selling all their real estate to East Asian holding companies, and electing a highschool drama teacher as their country leader and representative to the world, while pay $20/per pound for a shitty cut of beef chuck steak, and then right before letting the bull blow his load into and impregnate your wife, you make a post on Jow Forums about how superior you Canucks are to Americans (and actually think we can't see your jealously behind your thinly veiled attempt at bravado).

It's called "The Limp Leaf". A sex move so difficult, it can only be pulled off by a Canadian.

Attached: 1538012838600.png (500x568, 236K)

>Stick to the easy point and shoot games
Men don't play games. Perhaps you'll learn one day.

Attached: 1538020243017.jpg (800x1236, 559K)

>This is actually a wholesome rape phrase. 9/10 would use if i was a rapist.
>9/10 would use if i was a rapist.
>if i was a rapist.

No need for modesty Brazil. We both know the answer to the answer to that question.

Attached: 1538774974998.jpg (481x854, 36K)

Thank you OP, for showing me the most boomer video in existence. I've seen some shit, but this is on another plane. old people have complained about what young people are doing for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. yet progress is still made

most of the kids i knew who played video games had decent grades growing up in school, the outliers are the ones with bad grades

>physical competition

Most esports teams make their team members lift weights and exercise.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 8K)

>WoW
>competitive
The only people that compete in WoW are people who already make enough money to wipe their ass with $100s, usually hedgefund kiddies operating gambling/ponzi schemes.

even in competitive gaming women suck and are underrepresented
imagine their excuses to come

Funny you mention that, I met quite a few people who were as you describe. I don't know how many of them were posers though, seemed way too common to actually be that common.

>watching other people play video games

Attached: rllynigga.png (291x312, 119K)

>We are a last of a dying breed.
I'm a survivor. We're a dying breed.

Attached: 1504409472109.png (1537x1069, 1.84M)

>In my day video games had a sense of purpose

Jesus Fucking Christ

Attached: estatua.jpg (914x607, 105K)

I like vidya.

So fuck off with that bullshit. Reading Boksburg are boring unless it’s a book I enjoy , amd I’m in no rush to read them, and most of them are ones let’s when you have stuff to read on your pc..

So I don’t live a life pursuing social expectations. And im happy with my vidya .

They also don’t post on satire side boards meant for pokemon image posting. Especially on a board that loves black and Jew dick

>be a real man
>do things that society decides real men do
>even if you don’t joy those things

Why the fuck would I WANT to provide for some woman?

Hurra dürr it rots your Brain.

So does contact sports and alcohol but I don’t see that shit getting demonized.

I like vidya so fuck off. Nothing wrong with that.

While I agree, cringe is not a downvote.

Fortnite is legit boring as fuck.
>walk around aimlessly looking for someone to shoot
>nothing happens for 15 minutes
>you get sniped
or
>you engage in 10 seconds of combat in which you kill your enemy
>repeat
>same map every time
How do zoomers like this shit?

Any sport requieres cramming and repetition.
Chess players learn and incorporate to themselves THOUSANDS of moves to the point that being a pro players is being in front of the same "puzzles" over and over again to enjoy those rare events when something spooky happens.

Just ask them where they were born or live. Its usually Cali, Washington, Florida, New York, etc. If its a small-town guy you know they're knee-deep in ponzi.

And I have to add, I'm not saying that gaming is OK.
I'm saying that the "repetitive" part is part of every sport.

We should isolate the componentes that make a good activity good and push those activities.

Fortnite, the base game, is fun.
Battle Royal is boring cancerous garbage just like all "moba"s.

This. Kids don’t read. They have no attention span. Their brain is rotten

>Fortnite
>Competitive
Fucking how? There's no escalation, no goals, fuck, no purpose to do anything besides daily events for new skins.

>So I don’t live a life pursuing social expectations. And im happy with my vidya .
You've forfeited any potential your life ever may have had if you've already accepted this. Kill yourself and be done with it. While you still have a shred of dignity left, end it. You think it won't get worse, but it will. You think you've scraped the bottom of the shame and self-hatred barrell already? Nah. You have no idea how deep your bottom will go, so I'll tell you. It's endless. Men like you? They reach lows of self degradation, neglect of self, and meaningless existence that only those that willfully accept the limbo state.

You should kill yourself before you end up the way you're heading. Sometimes, dead is better.

Attached: 1539742877946.jpg (819x1839, 215K)

Kids don't read because what they're "allowed" to read is controlled.
Liberals are low-hanging fruit. Eventually someone wants to reach higher, but liberals will just hold you down.

You're forgetting that most "social" endeavors are ponzi schemes orchestrated by MSM in conjunction with oligopolies.

Its not that some people are incapable of socializing. Its that what people socialize about is bullshit. Inorganic.

Real competitive vidya like Quake/SCBW have no objective argument against them. Unless you also think games like chess or chinese go "rot your brain" as well.

Fortnite is not a competitive vidya, it's a waste your time vidya.

Attached: 8144.jpg (320x240, 44K)

Fortnite is legitimitely progpoganda. First, the creators are all jews, if you ever thought about the fact youve never heard the names of the creators, that is why, darren sugg is a praciticing jew. Second it is propaganda because it promotes empowering lesbian women, the majority of the characters are women, and the male characters are effeminate looking or act retarded. It is made to normalize that bs and promote it to children

>The real reason they attack vidya is because it’s boys having uncontrollable fun within which they have to answer to no one. No coaches or parents. And most importantly it’s not something that is validated by women.
Exactly. These children are falling out of society, living a life of hedonism, and failing to attract mates because they spend their time doing and creating nothing.

I would rather have a mass murderer as a child than an idle calorie burner.

It's FPS mixed with that Saturday morning cartoon feel. Why else do you think TF2 was such a big hit as well?

>ignoring the main reason TF2 was popular was because of crates and being the main source of trade economy for the longest time
Gameplay had nothing to do with it. TFC had better gameplay.

>The rise of competitive gaming
>2018
was this written by a chick?

I'm talking about before that stuff. Did you know /v/ use to eat up TF2 years ago?

You do realize how many hours there are in a day right?

>BEME
> Merged with CNN Digital Studios
hmmm really jews my brains

Attached: 14.png (760x749, 494K)

TF2 was never popular before crates. That's why /v/ liked it.

>TF2 was never popular before crates
Bullllllllsheit

i wish i was a fucking streamer making money playing videogames fro zoomers. any game not just fartnite.