After a lot of weight loss, how long should I wait before I start buying myself better fitting clothes...

After a lot of weight loss, how long should I wait before I start buying myself better fitting clothes? I'm worried about gaining it back, because I have before.

Attached: IMG_4762.png (495x332, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.com/is-there-a-cure-for-alcoholism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you have read
you would know that fat loss has to be slow (at MAX 1kg per week) and it has to be LONG TERM SUSTAINABLE life style change so you DONT gain it back.

How much BMI you got? If you dont plan lifting aka gaining muscles, you should get new wardrobe once you hit your target weight.

Don't wait at all! I don't know how much weight you lost, but I'm willing to bet that you worked damn hard to get to where you currently are. Reward yourself with well fitting clothes, and consider it extra motivation to keep your weight down - after all, you already spent the money and time. Don't let that reward go to waste! And congratulations, buddy. Whether or not it means anything, you've made this stranger proud!

I've read, but also hate, the Jow Forums sticky, because it spends ten paragraphs or more talking about macros before it even mentions calories in, calories out, and pretty much the moral of the entire thing is "lift a lot." There's no flexibility in it for people.

Honestly, 1 lb a week or whatever wasn't enough for me - mainly because my weight gain problem is drinking, not food, and I cut out alcohol for a while, doing the diet as a secondary thing. I needed to lose the weight while I had a window to lose it. Plus, now that I'm down nearly 40 lbs, that would have taken nearly all year to do. This took me just under 2 months.

My BMI is 23 now. It was 29 when I started. Almost obese.

Thanks friend. It's nice to hear. I never want to get fat again. The big challenge will be drinking in moderation.

Sorry, but you cant
>drink in moderation
You are obviously alcoholic in denial. The only cure for you is to never touch alcohol again. Find new hobby.
drugabuse.com/is-there-a-cure-for-alcoholism/

Yes, I am an alcoholic. I'm aware, I admit to it.

However, my job highly encourages drinking, and it would be very difficult for me to maintain it if I did not continue to drink. It would also completely destroy my social life. Going completely sober is not an option at this point in my life.

The best I can do is try to moderate as best possible. Maybe I'll stop entirely if I ever have a kid, but I don't really plan on that.

Ugh. This, so much.

My diet is awesome, I go to the gym 5 times a week but I drink almost every weekend. I didn't even realise how many additional calories I was drinking because it was all "low calorie" stuff like vodka.

Not drinking on a weekend is hard, as it really helps to break up the week. However, I absolutely cannot shift weight when I drink, so it's a lifestyle choice I have to make.

Good job on losing 40lbs user.

>encourages drinking
Bussinessman? CEO? What a joke...
>going completely sober is not an option
Tell them you have been to doctor and you have damaged liver and simply put: if you will drink you will die. And become designated driver.

Businessman, yes. I get involved in a lot of business dinners and happy hours that involve me working to create deals with others, mainly over alcohol. Drinking is part of the company culture too, based on what we do.

>Tell them you have been to doctor and you have damaged liver and simply put: if you will drink you will die. And become designated driver.

Yes, this will work well with vendors. "Sorry, can't do it! I'm literally on the cusp of death. Let's all go broker a deal over froyo!" And I'm sure it'll look great to my coworkers if I ever decide I'm going to slip and have a drink to celebrate anyone.

>Oh no, we need to take user to the hospital! He had a Miller Lite!

Delusional.

All you had to write was: i am not willing to reconsider my life choices nor carrer ones.

Also consider seeing doctor about your liver condition. Maybe after your doc will give you estimate about how long your liver will survive, you will think about life values and maybe even decide it is sometimes better to be a less rich and longer alive.

Godspeed OP!

>if I did not continue to drink. It would also completely destroy my social life
sounds like you just don't want to stop.
I stopped smoking weed 6 months ago and my best friends still do it everyday and there was never any bump in our relationship.
yeah yeah you claim you -have- to drink for your job, but you thinking that talking about a liver problem not being something that a client would consider being a realistic reason for not drinking is the real delusion.
Most adults are understanding about shit like that, you don't have to be over the top and mention frozen yogurt. Just get a water jesus christ, again, most adults understand health issues.
>>Oh no, we need to take user to the hospital! He had a Miller Lite!
way to create a totally unrealistic scenario to support your shit.

Fuck living longer. Seriously. I wanted to be in shape, but it's more so I can attract women and not feel like shit. But I have no interest in living a long, boring life - especially since I don't want kids or anything.

I don't want to permanently stop, no, because it is fun and helps my life be more fun. Your weed example is fine, but it's nowhere near an equivalent to my situation.

No, I don't want to *lie* to my coworkers and other vendors so I can't ever drink around them again, because then if I ever slip and drink again, they're going to panic. I can't go out with people for an evening and just sip on a water for the rest of my career. It doesn't work that way.

And if I tell people I'm going to *die* if I drink, as was your suggestion, that's exactly what's going to happen - insane overreactions because people think that if you're an alcoholic, one drink is tantamount to crashing your car after downing a 5th of vodka.

I am in the wrong industry if I don't want to drink and entertain, and I don't plan on quitting and finding a new career.

At least you are being honest. Rare trait even in Jow Forums waters. I just hope you wont regret your decisions later in life.

tell your liver I said good luck.
how old are you?

I hope I won't regret them too - but I am taking measures to drink less when I come back from being stone cold sober. Like having no alcohol in the house besides really, really expensive stuff that I won't drink on but the rarest of occasions, making sure that whenever I'm drinking, I'm also eating, having my roommate hold me accountable, that kind of thing.

I'm not trying to say "fuck it, I'm going to drink myself to death," just that never touching alcohol again isn't very realistic.

I'm 31.

>I'm not trying to say "fuck it, I'm going to drink myself to death," just that never touching alcohol again isn't very realistic.
okay that's good, I'm sorry I just assumed you were a far heavier (ha) drinker.
>I'm 31.
well at least you're not a woman, in case you decide to start a family or w/e

Well, I AM a heavy drinker, like we're talking 9 beers on a weeknight when I'm home alone, add 4-5 shots to that if I'm out for the game with friends, and a case of beer with shots on a normal weekend day. (Yeah, like 50+ drinks between Friday to Sunday night.)

That's why I gained the weight, and what I hope to never get back to. A couple months back I was able to have a cheat evening and a full cheat day without slipping back into my old ways, and that's the hope this time around.

geez do you not get hangovers?
well then yeah just drink in your professional settings or whenever you feel like you -have- to with your buddies.

I lose and gain weight within a window of 10lbs, 145lbs to 155lbs. Since I eat consistently and as healthy as I can afford (sometimes you have to cheat and get ice cream), I have that normal 10lb fluctuation, no more no less.

So what's the obvious thing to do? Buy clothes for my 155lb self. It's not like the clothes won't fit my 145lb self.

Also, you might shop oversized shirts, but oversized pants are out: make sure your pant legs aren't too long and remember to wear a belt.

The only time I get a hangover is if I drink like an entire bottle of Jagermeister combined with a bunch of gin and tonics and drink for like 10 hours straight.

At my peak tolerance, I don't even know if I can drink enough (normal, like 5% ABV) beers to black myself out. Can't drink 'em fast enough. I avoid hard liquor drinking mostly so I don't do it even worse.

Yeah, a 10 lb fluctuation wouldn't be so bad - I'm not always going to look -perfect- because I don't spend a bunch of time at the gym working on aesthetics. It's just the difference of 210 or so to 165 or so that's insanely different.

I skipped XL stuff and went straight to large. When I regained a little bit, it was rough. But it encouraged me to keep it up so I'd feel comfortable in my clothes again. I'm excited for they day I can fit in mediums, down from 4xl...

Was in a similar boat, OP. Went from XXXL to M... then back up to XL... to M... now at L. I bought different wardrobes at each change. Wish I hadnt, but it does feel great to wear smaller clothes and feel good.

I'd say buy one or two things to congratulate yourself (it's necessary and you DO deserve that much) and throw away the clothes that remind you of being bigger... except one piece, perjaps, to remind you how far you've come.

Way to go, by the way.