Enigmatic mind I can't cracj

Back story: Met a guy about 10 years ago. I was married, he was single. He had a thing for me, never acted on it because he's a gentleman.
Fast forward some years: I'm a widow. My husband died in June of 2016. We connect again, we start talking etc. We get into a relationship, he cuts it off almost immediately because he can't get over his ex wife leaving him. He shuts me out, COMPLETELY. During my mourning period his son dies (((CP or CF))) can't remember.
Fast forward: 3 days ago, he wishes me a happy birthday, tells me he has feelings for me, wants me to move there, etc. He's texting, calling normally until today. He got drunk went out with friends and kept telling me he'd call he doesn't. I send him (((pic related))), his reply is trying to sleep....Are my expectations too high? Do I stop texting now and see what happens? He's the one guy I can't figure out. HELP!!!!

Attached: 81C89A54-CBDC-431B-8064-621C23012DFF.jpg (750x1334, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2016/jun/12/echoes-beating-the-far-right-two-triple-brackets-at-a-time
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where he says he has feelings....

Attached: 50C46377-9D9B-4A92-ABA3-AE15834655DD.jpg (750x1221, 208K)

he can't even spell

He's drunk...

Nm. He was not drunk in that text.

I hate to say it, but he doesn't really have interest in you. It looks very much like he's just stringing you along.

If I had to guess, he was into someone else who let him down so he reached out to you to make himself feel better/stroke his ego. That's why his responses are cagey and then he disappeared.

I would forget all about him as soon as you can.

This

That's a pretty shady message. If I was woken up by a wall of text I'd either stop and respond properly or put it down and go back to sleep so that I could respond properly later.

Is this a joke? Those text messages sound like two kids talking, having their first spat in a relationship.

Attached: 1514751986624.jpg (790x706, 151K)

2 kids? I'm 38, he's 39

I'm suggesting you both sound immature as fuck.

Attached: 1522350484769.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Thank you Dr Freud. I'm glad you can tell that by literally 2 images of texts. Leave me your number and then I won't need a therapist.

Thanks for proving my point, dumbass. If you both are in your 40's, you should start acting like it.

Also, just a little side note.. you shouldn't act so high and mighty when you're a middle aged woman coming on Jow Forums for Jow Forums.

Attached: 1498533719717.jpg (519x519, 68K)

She's probably an originalfag like me. Most of us grew up, but still lurk quietly. Apparently some didn't.

This, you need to grow up.
Just because someone doesn't text you when they want doesn't mean they are the worst person in the world.

Thank you. Since 2007.

Point proven about texting however if I'm called names like "fucking immature" I will defend myself. Don't like it? Fuck off, this is Jow Forums after all. Call me "high & mighty" for asking for advice Says the hypocrite ALSO on Jow Forums.

I grew up just fine thank you.

Or, alternatively, he's been through some real soul-crushing shit, and has regrets that have fucked him up mentally and he is now uninterested in experiencing love/companionship or is incapable of doing so, but is trying anyway.
The way OP texts is kind of annoying and comes across as desperate/clingy (even though she is just being honest which is cool) and if I we're that guy I would be hesitant as well. Also it seems like he just wants to take it slow and feel things out whereas OP wants him to hurry the fuck up.
Best of luck OP I hope you two reconcile your lost, forbidden love for one another and come to terms with the fact that we all deserve to burn in hell for not fully appreciating our loved ones during the short time we have with them. I know I will.

So I'm another mature (45) 'chan'r who hangs here. You should know how it goes by now... the jealous incels call everyone names out of spite.

So back to topic. I agree with this.... I don't think he's seriously into you. It's the kind of messaging us (older/experienced) guys do when we're grooming someone we'd like to casually date and fuck. We know for a woman your age you're harder to crack than a 20 something but if cracked the intensity of the relationship can be fantastic (and the sex is better with women aged late 30s to mid 40s).

So it's a tight rope walk - to engage you enough so the brain/heart dampens the panties, but not to do say stuff we know you'll remember and throw back at us later.

Sorry. I've done it this way lots of times and my 'takes one to know one' radar alarm is sounding off. The "I need to sleep, Sunday is my day off' is not how you respond to someone you've got serious romantic interest in.

Thank you. I need to slow down.

Thank you for your honesty desu.

You're welcome.

I also forgot to mention 2 TOD in Iraq & Afghanistan so I'm thinking you're the winning response
I will def slow down. He means a lot to me. Has since I first met him as a friend. I refuse to drive him off.

Why are you calling the picture you took Jewish?

Wait what???

ahh... so he's not quite settled into the real world and how to engage with people at a one to one level. It can take some of them a long time , and many of them never adjust because they went into military service young and lacking life experience. When they come out they're ill equipped to deal with people and need to relearn how to properly engage. Many are fine but some never do well.

Yes. It’s sad. I remember how he was before all the life trauma... smiley, joking, confident etc. He’s still those things to people he knows well, just not strangers. I hope I didn’t lose him forever because of all the trauma. I really do love him.

So why'd his wife leave him? Knowing the real reason can give insight to what you'd be facing too, if he got serious about you.

She left him for another man. I think some of it also was the stress of a sick child. I can’t imagine DESU

First and foremost, you've both and each lost someone, the world, to you. There's no lateral compass for you to teach yourself the ways and wonts of any conversation to between you both but that you naturally suggest his stake in your life would be that of a death, as death tore you both apart and asunder, would be the mistake you made between you two by bringing up sean the way you did.
That I' m concerned that way is mendable, call me rude and place your fear and hatred on me for the momentary period, but note that his time is taking a toll on you and as victorious as that SHOULD make him feel he has a son to mourn the loss of.
He cares about you and he has a lot on his mind. Your ability to tear yourself from something, that by mentioning it, you can class act your way into his life, while neglecting that he cant make promises but he will make absolvances, is the meaning point for you two to start a relationship. Dont forget that you mean something to him, he cares for you, but dont confuse that meaning for love yet. He cares and time apart is just that, not some meaningful requiem of information or disinformation. The ability to care for the other means that you both hold a place in the other's life that you dont want to mirror to other facts of your life until they are clear to you. Register that you clone to act on events as your own rather than common things. Eventually the two of you should come around to the fact that this is a whole new relationship. Babying your way into his life is going to make him hate you. Dont organize a psychology. Manage your own emotions properly so that a stereotype of his life doesnt manifest itself in your actions as some available point of absolvance to where he "gets over" his sons passing so quick as you can make him forget but you get to immediately bring up your husband whom passed no long so prior to the point you two reconnected.

Adults. Not lovers. Adults.

>Jumping on a cock this hard and fast after your husband dies

There's a special place in hell for you and you're gonna fry, roastie whore.

I haven’t jumped on ANY cock. 2 years almost since he passed & NOT ONE COCK. KYS

Stay off of godlike. Ivanka's got droney niggers following people around and they pretend not to notice you speaking and having alternate thoughts to the degree that obama had niggers eschewing to chuing just like nigress obama did.

Youre going to tire yourself out talking back to those things.

Hasn't even been 2 years and 2 years really is no time. I don't know how a person could move on so quickly. You talk like you look like pic related.

Attached: da3eaf06-3bd6-43c5-8df0-ef9b36c79e3f.jpg (970x582, 88K)

The only thing you're getting off on is the novelty. Once you fuck him a few times you'll be over him, I guarantee it.
Leave it alone.

>OP is almost 40 years old

>KYS, KYS, KYS!11!!!!111!!!

Do people like this really exist out of facebook? Am I being trolled by a middle aged ex house wife?!

Attached: 1514766524354.jpg (1012x1324, 290K)

sorry for your loss OP.

if we're keeping it real though, you sound thirsty as fuck in those texts, and from the background context you gave, he sounds pathetic as fuck. who just tells someone out of the blue that they want to move so they can be with them. honestly, his response shown is pretty predictable-- he realized he totally went over board with what he said to you, and is taken aback by your equally over the top response.

yall aren't enigmatic. he's sad, and you're sad, he's just not that into you, as evidenced by his repeated retreats. you need to figure out yourself, without this dude in the picture.

Hello OP, fellow femanon here.

I truly feel for you and the hardships you have endured. It is hard to lose a loved one, it is even harder to move forward from it. A little back story before I give my advice:
>engaged and pregnant
>fiancé passed away February 2016
>miscarriaged April 2016
>have been trying to emotionally recover since then

I see myself in the messages you have sent him.. I see the need for security and reassurance and I can empathise with it. I cant truly understand the history you have between you. Though I feel when two people have such traumatic experiences the grief is something that has to be dealt with alone. Sometimes I feel I have dealt with my own grief.. other times I have dreams I am back in that hospital losing everything all over again.

When you mentioned Sean to him, even mentioning the date you lost him.. I could understand why he would want to distance himself after that. It’s not a personal attack but please consider the possibility that you may be replacing him. Trying to fill the void of pain and loss with the love of someone else may seem perfectly fine for you, but for him it is a lot to live up to. Especially after the loss of his son.. he is aware right now of the fact he will never be replaced. This could make him hesitant.

Disregarding the intense individual background.. you deserve more than that. Woman to woman, don’t settle for anything less than a man that understands your pain and WANTS to give you reassurance of his interest in perusing a relationship. He seems sketchy, unwilling to commit even.

Yes, your expectations are too high in regards to him but that doesn’t mean you should lower them. Take back the power, stop throwing yourself at him and move forward.

Have a bubble bath and a bottle of wine, you deserve it.

To paraphrase Nelson Algren (since I can't remember the quote exactly)

Never eat at a place called Mom's, never play poker with a guy called Doc, and never get involved with someone crazier than you

Omg I’m so so sorry. I know exactly how you feel, minus the miscarriage. Why is life so hard? It shouldn’t be!!!! Thank you for your honest opinion & I am sincerely sorry for your losses. I feel amazing some days, other days like a snotty nosed 3 year old basket of nerves and emotions I can’t control. It’s like 1 step forward, 10 steps back. The pain is palpable. When we lose our loves, it changes us and not necessarily for the better. I’ve decided to leave him alone. If he wants me, he’ll get a hold of me. Thank you fellow lady chan’r for your story and advice. I will pray for you.
Xoxo

>i'm not a newfag
>what do multiple brackets around terms indicate?
theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2016/jun/12/echoes-beating-the-far-right-two-triple-brackets-at-a-time

Hard times create strong people. I honestly feel for you my love, I hope the fire brings you incredible happiness.

I know the thread is slightly dead but I have a throwaway Kik, feel free to contact me any time you need to talk. Wether it’s serious or not, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
HeartShapedAnon

Good luck OP, I’ll be thinking of you.

You are kind of... needy?
We all get those thoughts but I think its etiquette to not text them...