How do people "organically" start dating?

How do people "organically" start dating?

Weird question. But I had the realization not too long ago that the last (only) three women I've been serious with, I met online. Online is like a super streamlined system where we just get right to the point, it makes stuff kind of easy.

I moved out of my parents house a couple months ago and I did it thinking that I wouldn't rejoin dating sites and apps so I could maybe meet someone less artificially. And I mean, I guess I don't really want or need a relationship right now, but I'm kind of wondering how that even happens in the adult world? I find myself just thinking about my friends more romantically and I don't think that's healthy.

In college or high school it's easy, but out in the working world, what happens?

I guess my question is, if you met your significant other offline, how did it happen? Through friends? Was he or she a friend already? I'm curious.

Attached: aladdin2.jpg (264x229, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QX1SojKfgNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everyone is different, thus I expect this thread to not have a narrative consensus. But, since you asked...

>If you met your significant other offline, how did it happen?

>Be me, edgy acoustic male in early 20's
>It's around 1 or 2 in the morning
>Driving home after hanging out with best friend
>Best friend lives three counties away
>Be lightly raining and dark as fuck
>Drive past cops at scene of accident in first county
>Drive past cops pulled over a semi in second county
>Third county before my own
>Cops have a checkpoint
>Blue lights, yellow vests, white barricades
>Cop with glowing red baton motions at me
>Slow down, parking break, roll down window
>Not a man, cute as hell Lady Cop
"Sir can I see some identification?"
"of course... here."
>Literally just me and this QT cop late at night
>Think that I might never see her again
"They have you standing out here this late? In the rain? I hope its important."
>Try to make small talk, show her I am sensitive cunt
"There have been a lot of accidents, just making sure people get home safe."
>Hands back my ID
>Oh fuck. Got to impress her
"I... uh..."
>Looks at me weird, even scans me with her flashlight once more
"You can go now sir."
>Mind blank, fuck, say something anything
"I am trying to think of an ice breaker"
>Why the fuck did I admit this?
"Sorry what?"
>Small smile form on her lips
>Now or never, go for broke
"What to hear a funny joke?"
>Nods
"Sure."
>Gulps
"9 - 11"
>Lady cop snorts, snorts like a piggy, then laughs
>Laugh with her
>Laughing together at the most offensive and edgy icebreaker I've ever done
"I was not expecting that user"
"Can I get your number? I know its late and you're working. But I want to see you again."
>Badge number and cell number

Our first year anniversary is actually coming up, its May 15th

Attached: FjEgd8F.png (500x570, 341K)

Fuck you that's the funniest and cutest story I've heard all year so far

Current significant other I met through work, it was not a long term type of job so I didn't have any reservations about hooking up.
Before that, I was in a weird relationship with a coworker at different job and we worked in different departments so things wouldn't be terrible if we separated. Coworkers also tried to hook me up with their friends outside of work a couple of times.

It's not a great idea to date coworkers but you can find yourself a part of some big, overlapping social circles out of the blue. I was shit at socializing in college but the working world thrust me into some strong adult friendships/relationships.
Hella cute user

Fuck you too and youre welcome

Never met anyone from a site/app. Everyone I've hooked up with I met through mutual friends.

My first relationship started from getting a job. Worked 40hrs/wk after dropping out of college and two sisters were regulars at the fast food place I was moving up in.
>learning to work the registers up front on a slow day
>2 sisters walk in
>older (and admittedly less attractive) sister comes to talk to me at least 3 times about fucking nothing and compliments my eyes
>she starts coming in alone sometimes
>greet her from the back (part of the job) even though I've forgotten her name
>she smiles and waves or makes eye contact when with her family
>she applies and starts working cashier (boss known for profiling always puts cute girls up front and guys in the kitchen)
>I talk to her between putting up orders because she looks miserable at the job every day
cont.

I struggle with it as well...
I tried inviting girls from my university, but they are fucking frigid. I tried street approach, no women are nice, but flake almost everytime. Clubs and bars I don't like as this is not so random and romantic, also too loud for me. Friends I have none. What else is there? I got tired of trying so I stopped, but the spring creeps up again...

>she's not interested in the conversation and I don't think she even remembers my face from our first encounter months ago
>she doesn't say much and seems generally bothered by me
>one day it's a particularly shitty day but this is nothing new to me but new girl is struggling
>put an order into the window and when she grabs it I don't let go
>she immediately makes eye contact with a glare that could kill a man
>I ask her to try smiling and say 'it's just chicken man'
>she does and goes red in the face and I let go to save the awkward moment
>she finds my number in the staff contact list and texts me asking for a date that night

From here all current and future female employees were constantly trying to talk to me and ask for relationship advice because my gf would openly share our relationship.

Had a ton of problems with current and new hires flirting because i'm somehow 1000x more interesting when I'm taken.

I met my girlfriend of 8 months in middle school, she was HOT and i was one of those nintendo DS nerds. We road the same bus until midway through highschool. When i graduated highschool i saw her snapchat story and it was a selfie of her. I sent a simple 'heart eyes' emoji. A few times over a course of a few days and then we started talking. She told me about how shitty her ex was and all that, blah blah blah fast forward about 3 more days and she come over to my place and we play video games and smoke weed. (Didnt know at the time weed makes her hornier than a dolphin) the second time we hung out we smoked keef and ended up fucking. she practically pulled my dick out and sat on it. It was my first time right out of highschool. I still have a sense of morals and obligation so i asked her out like a week later after going on a few dates. We reminisce about the days on the bus and all that, she is a bit bigger now than she was but god damn. My plan is to motivate her to loose weight so shell be just as hot as before, i had a huge change from middle to highschool and now to college. She is the sweetest and most caring and understanding person that has come into my life. She cried during sex because she couldnt believe i was treating her so perfectly. Something she never had with her old ex. If i need time alone she understands and doesn't pester me or cling. But when we are together there is not a worry in the world. 8 months is my longest relationship but its also my first real one. As things are right now, that doesnt worry me since she moved in a town with a bunch of ugly rednecks, shes on the chubby side so no chance of her cheating or having the ability to cheat. Once she loses weight shell be a fucking babe again and shell be all mine.

>Had a ton of problems with current and new hires flirting because i'm somehow 1000x more interesting when I'm taken.
I know this feel. Last gf I met through mutual friends. We broke up and she blew up and left that friend group, but from then on all her female friends wanted to fuck me. If another girl finds you desirable enough to date you, then you become more interesting to her friends because her opinion of men holds weight in their minds.

Not buying it. Why the fuck would she give you her badge number?

Also I don't get the 9/11 joke.

youtu.be/QX1SojKfgNI

Hang out with friends. Meet new friends through existing friends. Date those people.

Also, go to events, bars, aquariums, fucking anything. Maybe even go with your new friends Find a person who you think is attractive, isn't doing something important, and isn't obviously with someone. Talk to them for a sec about something interesting. Then ask for their number.

Literally just those two things have been how I've met the last 4 girls I went on dates with.

I met my gf through some roomates, she was a friend of theirs. She was dating someone else but I think I just seemed cooler than he was and did a lot more IRL activities. Over a few months we spent some time together and both grew to like each other. Her other relationship deteriorated and she left him and we started dating. I think that's what you mean by organic OP. It just happens naturally.

met my gf at a colleague/friend's party.

faek

Every response so far in this thread confirms OP's observation that dating isn't "organic" and people pretty much don't just talk to each other in public unless they
1. Have to, due to the job
Or
2. See you have something that caught their interest (friends, job, education)
We'll all heard the stories about people meeting up in bars are such as well, but no, OP. Online dating is the closest thing to organic dating because they can't use your social standing as an initial bias towards talking to you or not; they have to talk to you first to find out
Or they did, before online dating was infected by social media and everyone started putting the tiniest details to their life online

>Online dating cant use social status as a bias.

LoL. So men aren't selected based on looks, income and dick size? Which according to raw interest data from OKcupid, 80% of men are below average. Thereby those who want a chance "enhance" or "exaggerate" themselves. In person is so much less organic.

>In person is so much less organic.

Attached: 1520455565743.gif (250x188, 1.74M)