Girlfriend of 3.5 years (lives together for 2.5 years) wants a break. What's the best way to handle it?

Girlfriend of 3.5 years (lives together for 2.5 years) wants a break. What's the best way to handle it?

Backstory is that I haven't been making her a priority, stopped courting her on good dates, she feels like she's not important to me and wants to take a break. She doesn't have many friends, works really hard (we are both self employed) and has trouble communicating with me.

I know that I need to be better at this it's just hard but I'm willing to commit to making a regular habit out of it. She's a pretty awesome girl and definitely someone I could see spending my life with.

>inb4 she's cheating on you.

Attached: 1517282891166-pol.png (500x566, 109K)

A break basically means she wants to go fuck other dudes while you sit there like an idiot waiting for her to come back to you. If you want it to be over, break it off. If you want to stay together, stay together. None of this 'break' bullshit.

This.

Also don't agree to being friends after the breakup.

Have a pretend funeral for her in your head and find someone else worth your time

Were both in our late twenties and based on the circumstances I just don't think she wants this so she can fuck other guys..

Enjoy the blue pills

Breaks are never a good thing. Either work out your problems, or break up entirely, because breaks inevitably lead to the latter. Breaks are a way for someone to say "I don't need you in my life anymore", which should cause you to start thinking the same.

Uhh yes she does. This happened to me three times. You've already lost her, you just don't know it yet. If you want to make this work out best for you, you be the strong man who take shit from nobody, female or not, and dump her for suggesting that. Then go no contact, and then maybe after 6 months or so she'll come crawling back. I promise. But if you don't do it exactly as I said, she'll lose respect for you and you'll never get her back. Stay strong bud, there's other ones out there, that will fucking blow your mind ;)

If you are in your late twenties and still haven't learned what "breaks" truly constitute, there may not be any hope for you

Honestly friend, she's probably talking to someone behind your back and maybe she just wants a quick fuck from someone else and then wants the stability that you provide back. Either you let her go fuck around with no repercussions or you just shut that shit down. It's your choice but I know what I'd pick.

Well she's definitely been saying that prior to this break.

Ok so why if she's not, fucking robots. Let's just say she's not, what advice do you have?

rephrase this

What advice do you have if you rule out her wanting a break to fuck other guys.

Then she wants the break to get some free time without you, to build emotional distance so that it feels less worse for her when she breaks up with you after the break.

Communication man.

You two are at a critical point - you need to fully asses whether or not you want to be with her.

If the answer is yes - you need to have a frank discussion about why she wants a break. I'd be honest and tell her the things you told us about not courting her anymore, etc....that goes a long with a woman that still wants to be with you.

If you have this chat and make a pledge to try a little longer and step up your game and she's not interested...then it's time to move on.

If she's still interested - hopefully that will spark something in her that she agrees with.

No breaks man.

From personal experience. Just tell her that it’s all or nothing. If she wants a break that you’re not doing that and tell her you’re ending it. Leave her and don’t look back. She crawl back as long as you’re not a total dick to her. If she texts you just tell her that you don’t want to remain friends so texting is pointless.

sounds super healthy d00d

.. It's.. Gonna be fine guys.. Right??..

Attached: IMG_20180410_234542.jpg (3036x4048, 1.9M)

Nope, it's over. Time to start fresh.

Nice guy approach incoming.... ...she already fucked him. You knowbthis, I know this. Let's get over it. Pretending you know a better way out of how you feel, that you give absolutely no fucks is the pretending notion in your heart that means you love her. No! The chemistry was too "real". You have no real way of ascertaining that she belong to you in any light anymore because her scent, your mother's scent likely, is at an all time high and you are simply wondering what the truth might be for the sake of not feeling stupid. She already let up on letting you know thebokd fashioned way, talking, she wants action. She wants collateral effort to prove to herself that shes as real to you as you are to her that the scent isnt what kept you as trusting her, which you all knew you couldnt, to the degree that you knew she wouldnt but she did. The break up then low balls you into the belief that shes worth "just another chance" in the case that you wouldnt make her the most inportant aspect in your had you just made her the least important thing in yours that you dont need her anymore and you find yourself being projected to as the thing that made you less reprehensible in the first because lets face it what dont moms know about their little boy? The ordinary mans response here would be dumo thay hoe but yhat the general degree to which we predicate fact and failure is that the aporoval methods find themselves "feeling" to some lateral degree the tailor of a man that made suit his woman for the available contention that cock and balls know no less the scent and smell of another mans than the scent that another man make his astute approaches in a woman those of the available coincidences that create spurt and loin growth the most necessary appeal. So that unless your kid comes out black you know its a white guy because only thyme will tell but that if its a pimple he might be poor. Otherwise the last fact to state abjective here is the variety of women you might be laying.

That then she stands to contend to the fact that she cheated on you with a nigger or otherwise cheated on you with your friend or best friend. :O White women! Narrowly the approach to which white will contend that they hate a man and no longer need them is the day they find themselves defeated of him or by him and thus should only nature themselves tailor suit for someone that will reeeaaaalllllyyyy care about them because theyre in fact too serious and just want to make the bed for a child and not for love baby because yeah baby i feel it. Also she rehearses break up rather than understand she is going to have to explain her side clearly and with facts, about the relationship, before she can contest the child is yours if indeed the solstice is coming to an end and you have enough money for a few years of payments. And shes fat! Goddamn!

A complete breakup will require either she leaves the house or you do and she needs to be sure of where she will go when the relationship ends. To do that she needs the freedom to see other men, even spend the night with them without reporting to you where she was/is, upon her return.

Your relationship is over already and she is nothing but a roommate

i laffed. user, you have much to learn.
A break is a breakup with a time limit on getting better.

>
*back together

OP YOU ARE A KEKOLD!!! Holy shit you deserve to be in this pathetic little one-way relationship. Have fun getting your heart absolutely shit on, while you could have saved a little face by taking EVERYBODY'S advice to break up first, but you won't. You knew before you even typed this thread what anons would say, but you did not care, this is your excuse of an "effort" at saving your 3.5 year? (Way too long) relationshit. But whatever, like i said, you probably already have some fantasy about her forgetting everything she just said and crawling back into your disgusting claws, so good luck friendo

pfffft im sorry but she's either already cheating on you or wants a break to go fuck other dudes
break up with her, be hurt, move on

Back together? No. When we started talking again I realized all the problems we had together and said it wasn’t worth it. It’s just a nice ego boost

why do you think someone 'needs' a break?
If she loved you, she wouldn't need ab reak from you
maybe seeing you a little less - a week(-end) with her parents or something, but going on break is a deathsentence for any relationship