To fellow Christians of any denomination

What does you church say about posing nude for art? I'm thinking of being a nude model because I believe as we are created in His image and likeness and out bodies are His greatest creation that it shouldn't be sinful to reveal it for art's sake? I still plan to reserve my sexuality to my future husband and honor him.

Attached: a533c4662f5957c9fefb676ca9ca0afe.jpg (512x384, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/nudity-in-art.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This page has the exact answers you're looking for: gotquestions.org/nudity-in-art.html

My church is against this.

The problem is that even if it’s for art, people will probably still view it sexually. They’ll view you sexually. Do you really want that? If you really want to preserve your sexuality for marriage, you should probably not do that.

Also, I’d examine your motives. Why do you want to do this? Is it really for art or something else?

>bawwh im too stupid to use christian google so ill just ask an arabian religous text database website instead

you fucking retarded christcuck. read your fucking stupid book and find out for yourself you retarded fucking dingus. its not like its going to matter anyways, youre just going to ask someone who probably doesnt even exist for forgiveness and forget about it anyways

If you cute and shapely then yes, Jesus loves you and encourages you to make informed decisions about your life.

If you're fugly then please join a convent so he's not embarrassed by having fugly followers hanging about in public.

Really why do you care about whether people see you more sexually? Giving a shit is what gives rape culture such an upper hand in society. Youre only young once, embrace it.

>using the term rape culture unironically

>Yeah? Go on.

>its my fault that others sin

It most certainly exists in certain sections of society. Ever heard of the Catholic church? A multi-billion dollar organization so stuck in its traditions that they pay off families, silence people in their own churches and relocate rapists dozens of times just to avoid having to talk about it. Sounds kind of like a rape culture to me. Look beyond the scope of SJW memes that irritate you and use your brain, user.

You act if it is one massive conspiracy the entire institusion is on so everyone of the faith should be held accountable. Get out of your bubble.

Someone might get a boner, and boners are of the devil.

Very pagan way of thinking. I'm not a Christian, but I'm sure scripture can illuminate your thinking on this. As far as I can recall, Christianity has ALWAYS been about modesty and restraint, especially about sexually tempting things. Disagree if you want, I'm not the person to debate this with.

Attached: Dionysus_mosaic_(detail),_from_around_A.D._220_230,_Romisch-Germanisches_Museum,_Cologne_(8115573864 (1287x965, 865K)

>Christianity has ALWAYS been about modesty and restraint, especially about sexually tempting things.
>Ignoring all the rape in the Bible
>Ignoring that you get to keep your rape victim if you just pay 30 shekels as long as she isn't married

Are you fucking retarded? I said I'm not the one to debate this with you dumb motherfucker.

Holy shit.

You forgot
>Ignoring that women were pretty much just property and didn't have much value beyond being a womb with legs according to the Bible

So I'm not allowed to point out that you're incorrect, then?

As someone who did a fuck ton of life drawing in college, it's really no big deal and there's nothing sexual about it.

Not a Christian or religious or anything.. but like.. the shame of being naked came after eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge. We were naked before that and God was cool.

It was only after that Adam started hiding his nasty bits and God was like "yo wtf why you hiding your nasty bits".

>read your fucking stupid book

This seems obvious for a bible thumper

god isn't real user, but if you're gonna believe in a bunch of fairy tails then read them

art is art, church is church, and apparently church says no showing some parts despite the church being created in time when shit didint matter

Then why post anything at all retard

unacceptable
I wouldn't marry someone who does not reserve their body for me

Just don't take your own life and you will go to heaven, we're all sinners.

Not Christian anymore, but I think you're fine, OP.

I used to be Baptist and there's a lot of folks who are going to shame you or say that it's wrong or whatever, but honestly...it doesn't sound like you're doing this for "perverse" or "nefarious" reasons.

Bodies are just bodies, nudes are pretty much a staple of the art world.

As long as you're being respectful about it I don't see how it would clash with Christian theology. If anything, anti-nudity isn't really Christian, it's more conservative. How feel feel about nudity really is just a social construct, as it varies from place to place.

>cherrypicked
>ignored the the main part of the anons statement

gg tard.

Well, at least they got one thing right in that pile of garbage then

u r a vergen
no one cares
kys

Not religious but as an artist I can say that I have never viewed the situation sexual in any way. Depends where you're doing it I guess, but if you have a room full of even somewhat professional artists I wouldn't worry about it. It's similar to going to a doctor I imagine, I don't give a shit about anything but how the lighting works and trying to get proportions right, don't care about your junk unless I need to draw that too. In which case it's just another shape in the drawing.

SECONDED

In Biblical days, in was not out in the ordinary for people were nude out in the open. Especially the poor, Greeks, etc. When Jesus talks about offering your cloak to the homeless guy, that guy is genuinely nude. Supposedly, he was a guy who practiced what he preached so he most likely walked around in the nude after giving away his cloak.

Fishermen and crafters were generally nude as to not get their only good set of clothes dirty. Co-ed bathhouses were of the norm in Greek culture.

The shame we place on nudity is primarity a Western trait and the Victorian era was heavily responsible for it.