Is there anything more degenerate than speedrunning video games...

Is there anything more degenerate than speedrunning video games? Why do people waste their life on this and try to justify it?

Attached: featuredimag.jpg (1280x720, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM&t=30
youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they want attention
The only good speedruns are from racing games and finns that are shitposting irl

Attached: 0f1.jpg (812x883, 277K)

FF7 speedrun was quality. defo recommend, OP.

I don't know why people do it.
When I play video games, I like to enjoy the challenge and experience. I'm baffled that people find trying to rush to the ending to do it faster than before appealing.
It's stupid and you might as well just play games like Super Meat Boy, VVVVV, Dustforce, or some other 2D indie platformer.

this isn't a pol thread, but. just watch

youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM&t=30

speedrunning is the most degenerate act ever created by man. speedrunners (myself included) know this. we have accepted degeneracy.

>waaaaaah, someone else likes something I don't

Some guys out there are making 6 figure incomes being really good at Super Mario Brothers and you can't even afford to move out of mom's house.

Making threads on Jow Forums

Attached: 1541541742641.jpg (255x255, 9K)

>what is speed-running a game you've already beaten?

I think speedrunning should be at the olympics

Attached: girl14.jpg (575x796, 51K)

What's the fun in that? It just means you've already played that game to death. Either go play other games or do something productive.

Attached: trantran.jpg (931x767, 178K)

To get a better highscore

Attached: icri.jpg (625x742, 38K)

Is this fucking aids skrillex?

we dont talk about that event

Richard Spencer is speedrunning now, and he's fully honest about the inherent degeneracy in speedrunning.
youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM

Fuckin' Ben Franklin second to bottom left.

Damn, AGDQ would be my prime recruiting grounds if i wanted to start a freak circus

why do you waste your life shitposting and jacking off every day? baka just let people enjoy what they think is fun

GDQ is a good example of what happens to any hobby or pasttime when they chase out all the conservative voices and give people with mental damage the reigns.

Honestly, those marathons used to be A+ chill work watch/listening material back in 2012-13. But in a few short years they've ruined everything.

Even if you think the hobby is retarded, its important to understand that this could very easily happen in whatever YOU enjoy doing.

This

I used to have a lot of fun playing for high scores in shmups which a friend described as being similar in concept to speedruns. I always bashed speedruns but it made a decent amount of sense though as I've aged I don't play vidya much anymore and haven't touched my favorite shmups like Kingdom Grandprix or Souky in probably a year. What I don't get is the faggots that watch this shit and who watch streamers in general. It's all complete aids

Attached: skulls.jpg (137x193, 12K)

Goddamn RWhiteGoose is fucking kino mate

The aids is far in its progression.

Attached: 1542593110256.png (597x418, 132K)

Should honestly just wear a wig and would look at least marginally better.
Cant fathom the thought process that thought this was a good idea.

Attached: skulls1.jpg (541x765, 45K)

Dude is utterly honest about what they're doing, and he uses terminology that implies he knows more than he lets on about the world and human nature. I love the guy honestly, and really enjoy his videos. I don't even play games at all, but I like to learn about speedrunning and what people are doing for optimizations and such.

Speedrunning may be completely pointless, but it's a testament to what men can do when they become single-minded about solving a problem and becoming the best. I had one game like that, way back in the day. It was a very difficult game - Trials. I had some top runs that took hundreds of hours of practice to complete. Thousands upon thousands of tries. And I was so proud of what I'd done, despite the fact that nobody would ever see or care about them. I still watch them from time to time to marvel at what I was able to do. But I know it was a pathetic waste of time, and I could have written songs or a book or just perfected myself somehow. I could have learned to write C++. But instead I became one of the world's best Trials riders well after the game's glory days had ended. Oh well.

>Some guys out there are making 6 figure incomes being really good at Super Mario Brothers

I doubt that, and if they did thats the most embarrassing why to becoming a millionaire

You think they ever really make it? These people are fucking children. I have wealthy parents that have thrown money at my younger brother to try to get him to finish college, get a nice job, move out etc, but he's convinced he's going to be a pro gamer and it has destroyed his life. Dude's in his late twenties and hasn't done a single thing of note, probably never fucked a chick either

Yeah nevermind scratch that, it’s a lost cause.

It’s often done for charity so it gets a pass in my book. Also, finding glitches in 30+ year old games is neat.