Studied animation and games design at college

>studied animation and games design at college
>decided to study computer science at university because I knew it would be hard to find a job in animation plus I wanted to keep my animation and creativity as a hobby
>teachers told me that I don't deserve to go to university and that I shouldn't just continue studying art
>I get into an average rank university to study computer science and Japanese
>struggle to fit in because I'm one of the only girls in class and the guys would talk about boring coding stuff
>guys make fun of me and tease me for being an airhead
>start to get depressed and get social anxiety in class and in accommodation
>find out I have dyslexia
>failed everything except for Japanese (mainly because I had anxiety to hand in work)

>decide to repeat a year in computer science and start next level of Japanese
>feels more confident and talks to the teacher more
>struggled with the first semester because of being ill and getting my support put in place
>passed my first semester computer science with high percentage
>second semester I'm doing pretty good but struggling with maths
>avoids going to one of my important classes because childhood friend who I haven't seen for 5 years is in the same class as me and feels too embarrassed to say hi because it took me 1 month -2 months to recognise him
>finds out I got chosen to go to a Summer school in Japan
>worrying about failing repeating year...

Attached: 26e0aa27-6812-43da-8b20-a69a073b2624.jpg (1247x1245, 139K)

lots of my friends have told me that I should just study Japanese instead of computer science because my huge fascination with the culture and being able to pass the subject easily from self teaching myself a year before.... however I heard its very difficult to get a language job plus my parents said I should do something with Japanese (which I picked computer science for plus I was interested in it).

I'm worrying about failing my year for the second time... and if I do end up passing I might end up struggling with maths.... I don't want to end up disappointing my family and having to work full time at this job that I rather like working part time at... can anyone give me some advice on what I should do? and if anyone has some advice on what I should study let me know please. the only thing I know I really want to keep doing is studying Japanese and learning about the history and culture.

thanks and sorry for any spelling or punctuation mistakes I made in this.

>teachers told me that I don't deserve to go to university and that I *should just continue studying art

>dear /adv, please tell me how i should live my life
Sorry sweetie, this is something only you can decide. Pic related: take paper and pen, make a table of options and fill every category. Then decide.

As far as your troubles go i have a pro tip for you: stop giving a damn about what others think about you. The only one who is important is YOU.

Attached: swot analysis.jpg (1500x1368, 298K)

>Go to computer science
> everybody just talk about boring coding

I find this unironically triggering please go back to animation so you can end up a typical housewife for someone really thirsty

is the language school in Tokyo?
If it’s Akamonkai you’ll have a good time and learn a lot.
My suggestion is, learn japanese till N2 level, then apply to a senmon gakko in Japan (can easily be coding or game design because you have previous degree/experience).
When you do, just ditch uni, get the senmon degree and you can so easily find a job and live in Japan, probably doing your dream job and keep learning japanese in your dream country.
Also, as a western girl, finding a good partner will be incredibly easy.

lol you're worthless

Some socially anxious delicate snowflake type girl is never going to work hard enough to go from beginner to N2 level even within several years.
Also Japan is cool to live in and all but godfuck the working culture is truly awful. You would be putting in so. much. work. just to get a (most likely) extremely demanding and underpaid job.

Are you double majoring? I would recommend sticking with one. You are a lot like me. I had to put off music and the things I liked for CompSci because I was never gifted in maths. There's a lot of socially retarded arrogant nerds in CS courses that do a great job at making you feel stupid. Just remember they are only capitalizing on the things that they are good at.

Stop giving a shit about what other people think and you won't have anxiety.

Jesus you followed my exact path

>Be into art
>Decide to do compsci as a major because I can learn art on my own also no jobs
>Learn Japanese self study on the side

Currently on my last semester and know Japanese at N3ish level, haven't drawn in a long time though, no time.

sorry what was the question

That's the thing, I would join in the conversation but I have never done coding before meanwhile the guys I was hanging out with did it before coming to university and were the smartest guys in my class. even if I did wanted to join in the conversation I wouldn't understand a single thing they're talking about....

The language school is in Kyoto, I was going to apply for a Tokyo one but I decided I'd do that next year. My dream Japanese university I'd love to study at is International Christian University Tokyo, it was one of the main reason I was inspired to go study at university in the first place (and yes it's pretty stupid if anyone is going to mention that it's a stupid reason). Sadly the current university that I'm at isn't partnered with this university but I'm trying to convince them to partner their Uni ( I got a business card from one of the admin of the ICU when I went to a study in Japan exhibition)
Also yeah that's the reason I don't want to live in Japan. I would be okay with studying abroad there or going for that few years teaching program but I'd never want to live there long term.

if you're talking about the program at Doshisha then it's better than anything ICU could offer

im not double majoring, the Japanese is more of an add-on to my computer science. I'm currently a level 2 in the Japanese but I get the add on of the qualification once I complete all 6 levels (once I do my summer school I can skip to level 5). it was because of my average level in maths that is the reason I never got into my first choice university (even though they loved my personal statement). I wouldn't want to give up studying Japanese because it's the main motivation to help me continue studying. I guess I could try and study Japanese as a hobby but it's very difficult to do that while doing computer science...

is there any specific reason you want to learn Japanese? it's not particularly useful outside of Japan or in CS.

the only reason why I was caring at first what others thought of me is because I was trying to fit in and make friends since before then I was an antisocial loner who started developing social anxiety from my lack of interacting with people, I mainly interacted online. I wanted University to be a fresh new start, which it kinda was.

this year I don't care what others think. those I do care what my family thinks a bit. I feel like they're depending on me to pass university so I can help support them (my mother doesn't have a paid job, she quit so she could look after my disabled sister and is currently trying to get her own business running, mean while my dad has a part time job with minimum wage but he wants to quit it). I want to help support my family and sister but at the same time I'm kinda struggling with my studies.... maybe it's because I'm working hard enough or lack of motivation from repeating a year.

Nope, it's a summer school program in Kyoto university of foreign studies. This is their third year of their summer program.

The language fascinates me and because I want to learn more about their culture and history. Since I was 16 I've been really into watching documentaries about Japan and their different traditions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this. to be honest, before I did animation and games design I studied animal care.

but anyways, I feel the same. I don't have time to draw or do any of my art stuff. My mom suggested that I should take my watercolours and art book to Japan so I can paint while there.

I have a question for you, was it hard to study computer science while studying Japanese?

thank you user, you're right! though I really don't know what I want to do in life nor what I want to study (other than Japanese). I spoke to the career advice person last year about how I was thinking of doing an apprenticeship in digital media but I ended up not passing the interview.

I will do what you sent me after I complete this assignment I have due in