Shit. Tax day is here and I procrastinated far too long again...

Shit. Tax day is here and I procrastinated far too long again. Got buttfucked by obama with the healthcare fine now my return is $35. Not $3500, just 35. What can I do? Is a 17k income low enough to say I can't afford healthcare?

Attached: fgf.png (3200x1200, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3667663-irs-not-enforcing-obamacare-penalty-anymore
hrblock.com/tax-center/irs/tax-reform/tax-reform-affordable-care-act/
ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3662774
time.com/money/4265121/taxes-by-hand-once/
investopedia.com/financial-edge/0411/do-canadians-really-pay-more-taxes-than-americans.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don’t quote me on it, but I’m pretty sure I remember Trump getting rid of the Obamacare fee for people who stayed uninsured. I think your ok. Check it out on google or something.

Jesus christ dude if making that little then your taxes would be stupidly simple to do. Just follow the directions on the 1040ez. Literally. Just. Follow. The. Directions

Same user here. Found it. It’s not repealed but Trump directed IRS to not go after people with the penalty anymore so you should be fine?
>ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3667663-irs-not-enforcing-obamacare-penalty-anymore

He did not. It was in the news for months.
The fine is like a couple hundred dollars.
You have to look up the bronze insurance and see if it costs over 1600 a year.
If it does then you can be waived.
>recommended answer
Lol wow nice source.

*shrugs* multiple sources said IRS won’t go after the penalty anymore. Take it for what it’s worth.

No, the fine is 695 dollars and I was supposed to get 730 back

I’m user , did some more research. Best bet to pay the penalty this year, by December 31st 2018 the penalty goes to zero. I dunno but most cities have people who help out with taxes for free for low income people if you look around.

Multiple tax sites say the reverse.
Where are your sources?
hrblock.com/tax-center/irs/tax-reform/tax-reform-affordable-care-act/
ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3662774
Executive orders do not overrule laws.
He can order them to process your claim but he isn't making your tax return "legal" so you can still be audited and be forced to pay the fines plus interest.
The actual healthcare reform takes action in 2020.

In Cali, you need to make 15k or less. I ended up owing 1k mostly because the stupid healthcare mandate. And i make jack shit as it is.Luckily the mandate was overturned in the tax bill, so you won't gave to pay it after this year

They failed to overturn obamacare as a whole, but they did repeal the individual mandate as part of the tax bill that was passed. But it wont take effect until next year

OP here. I really should clarify. I'm using Tax Act to file and it takes it out automatically. I'm not sure if there is another program to use that doesn't do this but that's kinda what I was hoping to figure out here.

time.com/money/4265121/taxes-by-hand-once/

Correct.

I know I should've fucking done it myself. A little late though, isn't it?

Did you submit it?
It's only too late if you actually submitted it as in you are going to get your refund soon.

But you have to mail it, right? Then it will take a few days to get to the IRS and I have till midnight.

wow

In Canada healthcare is free

except in BC, which costs about 300 a year
I was really angry about that, but dude wow,
America fucking sucks

I also had major surgery in December, and it would have cost around $100K if I lived in the US

it was free! Yay go Canada

again, America you suck

We also get to actually keep the money we earn. Nice try fag

>except in BC, which costs about 300 a year

source? im a nursing student and never heard about that

There is no such thing as free healthcare. The taxes you pay to support it are more than my insurance premium. I'll take my free market solution and vastly reduced tax burden, thanks.

investopedia.com/financial-edge/0411/do-canadians-really-pay-more-taxes-than-americans.aspx

Canadians who make under $45k a year are taxed at 15%, whereas Americans who make under 35k a year are taxed at 25%.

Lower-Income Canadians pay less taxes, while still reaping free healthcare, free university, and better schools.

Attached: e6kqc_AqIIuNODkPTy5OyVXNjAqS7Sh_nBjLCGPZlYc.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>investopedia.com/financial-edge/0411/do-canadians-really-pay-more-taxes-than-americans.aspx
>Canadians who make under $45k a year are taxed at 15%, whereas Americans who make under 35k a year are taxed at 25%.

Nothing else to be said. Any person who thinks American healthcare is actually good for the consumer has been living under a rock.
T. American with “good” coverage

We also have higher quality foods. It's illegal to sell Canadian milk that comes from cows that have had hormones and antibiotics added to it.

It's also insane if you consider that America already pays about $9,500 per capita on healthcare, probably the highest in the world, even though it's not free.

the us spent $260 million on missiles to shoot at syria in one day but didnt want to pay 55m to fix flint's water

fuck your shitty government

There's nothing wrong with the water in Flint.

>Source MSP

I moved there for 1 year. I had to pay for my MSP (medical services plan) it came out of my pay-cheque directly.
When I moved back east they charged me for 3 more months because that is their policy

You have to have MSP it is the law.

That's what they want you to think

you suck the corporate dick every day

Hope nobody in your family gets cancer. They better get healed on the first run because your insurance will skyrocket and you cant' afford to do it again.

Putting money over people when it comes to healthcare is unethical

TurboTax, H&R Block, etc. are free if you don't make much money. TurboTax website for me, they figure it out aka its really easy. I have health insurance and they ask if I do so I check the yes but I don't have whatever form thing (because they never send it until like a month after I've already done my taxes) and that's the entire process for that. Only my second year doing taxes though.

How about just fucking applying for obamacare (aca)? I don't pay shit for mine.