Im a union electrician, am i bluepilled af? what's wrong with labor unions Jow Forums?

im a union electrician, am i bluepilled af? what's wrong with labor unions Jow Forums?

Attached: ibew.jpg (400x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thenewatlantis.com/publications/shop-class-as-soulcraft
where2bro.com/hot_spots
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing in theory. I don't know the specifics of most unions, but they can go very wrong.

Nothing when they're not corrupt as fuck like the Teamsters. SEIU is shit too, why the fuck do dishwashers deserve to organize?

Nothing is wrong with free association. But your group does not get more rights than any individual has inherently.

How much have you had to drink this evening?

idk if the ibew is corrupt but it is REALLY big. so thats why im asking.

Go to bed, Adam.

i said im a union electrician didn't i? only a couple of shots

IBEW is pretty based as far as unions go. We have to compete with nonunion labor so the market still influences our wage. Public unions are the real problem.

kek, what is it about electrical work that makes all of you drunks? ibew drug test or something?

all unions drug test.

Unions are fine so long as they don't attack the worker.

What state are you in OP? Im a journeyman in NC we get paid peanuts because of all the illegals. I've thought about moving to moving to a state with a union.

>wrong with labor unions

Nothing, come to bongland where we quashed the unions and earn 25% of your current hourly rate.

Real monoxide hours

My local tests guys randomly, the bigger contractors around here will only take guys that have been recently tested though. I only got tested when I first got sworn in.

nothing. you get paid more and treated well.

You're smart because you have a pension waiting for you at retirement. Hopefully it's still solvent by then

me too. local 153.you?

Lu 26 here.
Being union doesnt make you blue pilled. Buying into the internationals bullshit and voting democrat when they undermine your nations sovereignty does.
Go upstairs, user.

If capital can be pooled into corporations in order to mitigate investor risk, labor should be afforded the same right as a countervailing force.

However, no organization is immune from corruption.

ElectriFagging is good, honest, thinking man’s work, and you should be proud.

>”So perhaps the time is ripe for reconsideration of an ideal that has fallen out of favor: manual competence, and the stance it entails toward the built, material world. Neither as workers nor as consumers are we much called upon to exercise such competence, most of us anyway, and merely to recommend its cultivation is to risk the scorn of those who take themselves to be the most hard-headed: the hard-headed economist will point out the opportunity costs of making what can be bought, and the hard-headed educator will say that it is irresponsible to educate the young for the trades, which are somehow identified as the jobs of the past. But we might pause to consider just how hard-headed these presumptions are, and whether they don’t, on the contrary, issue from a peculiar sort of idealism, one that insistently steers young people toward the most ghostly kinds of work.”

thenewatlantis.com/publications/shop-class-as-soulcraft

Attached: C629FE3F-9DF9-401D-ADFB-11C363D834B7.jpg (1519x2325, 709K)

look into political donations your union makes with your. Look into whether or not they've actually protected anyone in recent cases. After that, decide if you still want to pay your dues. Every one is different. UAW has left a a bad taste in my mouth.

Politics.

One day you're gonna get out of bed and realize everyone's a special interest group and democracy is just a bunch of these groups trying to get the one-up on the others.

Attached: anime avatars.gif (312x234, 2.85M)

if you enjoy your work but are smart enough to not listen to every word that any new source will tell you, then you're not bluepilled

washington state

191 brother

>what's wrong with labor unions
If your in a union and you don’t have any issues why the fuck are you asking a bunch of strangers on a North Korean crochet forum? Fucking idiot.

>what's wrong with labor unions Jow Forums?
Ours says the same bullshit every 4 years:

>Vote democrat. No one is taking your guns guys.

Every year we vote republican. Granted there are a few that fall in line, but overall there are a LOT of Trump bumper stickers in the parking lot.

t: Pipefitter

IBEW is a great place to go to find electricians who are a known quantity. All the members skills are documented, with non union, you may be getting Pedro fresh off the border wall skirmishes who doesn't know shit.

Other unions just serve to protect idiots who couldn't get a job if their lives depended on it, like SEIU, IATSE, Teamsters, public employee unions, auto worker unions, etc.

nice. just got in the apprenticeship after being a CW for a couple months. are you inside or resi?

inside. congrats! i just turned out a month ago, getting those big checks

Attached: feelsgoodman.png (1480x832, 66K)

Same here. USW. Fuck the commies, vote for the candidate you want, and use the Taft Hartley act to keep your dues from funding Democrats.

Theyre corrupt leeches. They steal from workers, screw up wages, and fuck over anyone who doesn’t join their cult. Fuck Unions.

In
Breadlines
Every
Winter

>t. poorfag

we used to have a need for them, but that time has passed and now theyre just a legal criminal racket.

fuck off cunt. alot of our products would be a hell of alot cheaper if we didn’t have these lazy faggots screwing up their industries. Some mouthbreather that presses buttons on an assembly line all day does not deserve $20+/hr and a life time pension.

Keep applying. Someday you'll earn a real wage like us.

IBEW is commie-tier garbage.

Attached: newlogo.jpg (262x262, 39K)

Idiots
Blocking
Every
Walkway

Your comprehension and/or math is fucking terrible.

hell no, im not going to bow down to some fat slob that robs his employers and fellow workers. Im also not going to accept unreasonable wages at the expense of my countrymen. Unions are the reason our domestic production is so shitty. fucking bolshevik stooge, you are a cancer on this country.

I’m a welder currently doing scab work, all the unionniggers at my job site deliberately get in the way of me and my crew and play it off as accidents or happenstance every time. I personally don’t give a shit and revel in the butthurt, I fucking hate unions in CA and plan on becoming a RIG welder so I can take on scab work whenever I can and don’t worry I have my CCL and I own an indoor cat so no dogs for you subhuman Unionfags to poison

Attached: 6BD2E196-AAD7-4AB9-A11D-AE8FBE5D29B3.png (498x594, 122K)

>alot of our products would be a hell of alot cheaper if we didn’t have these lazy faggots screwing up their industries.

As far as that goes, you dumb fuck, why did my Toyota Tundra cost more than a comparable GM or Ford, even though it was built at a non union plant?

The IDGAF sticker on your hard hat or maybe that a decent scab outfit runs pipe faster and straighter and 2/3 the price?

>decent scab outfit

No such thing exists.

I
Block
Every
Walkway

I'm going to trade school soon. Should I join a union? I don't have that much of a need for a lot of money.

There are some. How come the union guys come in with pink eye which clears up by lunch but comes back again?

How many times a week do you almost die?

How many times a week do you get bitched out?

How many times a week do you work more than 12hrs a day?

How many times a week do you want to escape life?

How many times a week do you get hurt?

Attached: tardigrade-water-bear-esa-schill.jpg (999x934, 464K)

You become a scab outfit on accident usually, my company picked up a job that was meant for union workers but they’re on strike or the boss knows a guy who knows a guy and we somehow won the bid. You can become an independent scab if you’re willing to put up with the threats and even violence depending on where you’re at

>what's wrong with labor unions Jow Forums?
They funnel money into the Democratic Party.

shit I didn't see it
In
Brotherhood
Everyone
Wins
not sure how much I believe that anymore...
I'm
Broke
Every
Wednesday

your dues fund democrat campaigns, for god's sake.

Im also a Union electicrician Hail Hortler brother.

>You become a scab outfit on accident usually, my company picked up a job that was meant for union workers but they’re on strike or the boss knows a guy who knows a guy and we somehow won the bid

Then if you knowingly cross a picket line, you're part of the problem. Don't fucking whine about what previous generations had. They were men. They weren't sniveling little bootlicking cowards, perpetuating the race to the bottom. Enjoy your crumbs.

kek

>vote for the candidate you want
One of my Business agents came out to the job site back in November 2016. Certainly he is a great person and a friend, but he came out to remind us to vote and who THEY wanted to vote for. I blew up his spot in front of 45 men. >My vote is mine and you, nor the United Association have any right to tell me who I should vote for!
He threw his hands up in the air, and simply said that all they are doing is "following the money".

>They steal from workers, screw up wages, and fuck over anyone who doesn’t join their cult. Fuck Unions.
Do you enjoy working for the ABC for half of what the Unions pay? Do you love getting onto a "prevailing wage" job and ever wonder who sets the rate for "prevailing wage"?

GM and FORD trucks are poorer quality

so they can pay their workers enough to compete with shitheads like you and to make up for the cost of tariffs on the vehicles they still import. y’all also fuck up a bunch of other industries, not just automotive.

this too

>Im also a Union electicrician Hail Hortler brother.
kek. I have to post the picture.

Attached: IBEW hard hat.jpg (401x280, 33K)

Non-Union Maine Electrician. Union is respectable, and it fosters good work ethic, and tool proficiency.

I'm indifferent.

Tramps Master Race
where2bro.com/hot_spots
local pukes are virgins

>y’all also fuck up a bunch of other industries, not just automotive.

Yeah, move those goalposts. Also, from your use of y'all, I will conclude that you are some ingnorant, inbred, stumpfuck hill scoggin from the south? You people deserve not only non union trash jobs, but also to be gassed.

Fuck off nigger, I volunteered for it, fuck unions and fuck them in particular in California.

>calling non union workers bootlickers in this day and age

o im laffin

seems like non union guys never hate on us much, which i would think you guys would

UAW here. Ive seen weak unions be corrupt and abuse their workers. And now I've seen a strong union that protects them. Its all about the locals and the people in power. To all the car owners out there u have no idea how far companies will go to get their quota and ignore general saftey norms. I got a fucked up arm because of it. Even with a good union they will still cut corners.

CWA union fag here, we do get more rights and priviledges because we negotiate as a group for better working conditions and fair pay.. scabs enjoy many benefits and workplace standards many of us take for granted because of collective bargaining. Often forgotten and largely unknown workers of the past made significant sacrifices to mobilize against corporate greed.

I enjoy having some fucking integrity and doing a good job. If it wasn’t fornyou cunts, workers across the board would be payed alot more in proportion to the cost of living. But instead, you lazy fucks cause wages to rise across the board and in turn raise the cost of everything else at a disproportionate rate. fuck off, i am a southerner and I get to enjoy working in an enviroment where a bunch of lazy pigs dont get to fuck over everyone else because they cant handle some real work.

What's your local? 716 here. I'm an apprentice currently.

>handle some real work.
Kek. Bitch, I work in a fucking steel mill. You probably assemble shitty furniture or slap tailights on beemers.

>seems like non union guys never hate on us much, which i would think you guys would
I respect non-organized workers. There are different places in the industry for each of us to exist. Live and let live. I am a "Hammerhead" on job sites, but when I am off the clock I am realistic that my lifestyle is not for everyone, and vice versa. Everyone works to keep the lights on and the shitters working as best they can.

I think forcing people to be in a union to work is kinda stupid in some places that do it but idk it depends on the union

see

Local 66 lineman here

When you boys gonna do a real mans job? :^)

Just giving you shit, you guys do good work. Glad to know I’m not the only one on this board that isn’t a fat NEET larper

This guy gets it

This is some cucktier thinking right here. You're a literal bootlicker. "I'm also not going to accept unreasonable wages at the expense of my countrymen" - say that out loud to yourself so you can fully understand how absolutely fucking pathetic you sound

You wouldnt last a fucking day in an auto factory dixie. Put your balls to the test and call us lazy again when you come home covered in your own blood and sweat

I actually do concrete work, but enjoy pressing buttons and having your 20-30
breaks a day.

already do dipshit. concrete work for residential and commercial jobs. wether it’s fucking 90 or 19, im out there mixing pouring, cutting, and rolling all day.

They endorse a straight D ticket.

this is exactly what i thought, and why i wanted some redpills on unions

Coming to the Christmas party at the hall on the 8th? Or is 66 a huge jurisdiction and you're out of the metroplex?

I was actually considering joining the machinist union, since it's a career that really interests me and I could make decent money doing it. Anyone have any advice? Live in Western Washington.

Unions are scumbags, especially ibew. They’re all Democrats and the unions all vote democrat. Best thing that could happen is unions are abolished and companies start doing their own job training for what they need.

Why are you opposed to being paid a decent wage and having great benefits in exchange for busting your ass and slowly breaking your body down?

stop standing around and get to work

yes and organized crime that only cares about itself

I knew that, was asked to knock doors for Beto, but when you get picket duty, you can ask for non partisan stuff. Also, blue pilled people can be fun to pal around with if you avoid talking politics, religion, etc.

Fuck the IBEW I could tell from the outset it was just a circle jerk good ol' boys club. I applied for an apprenticeship with them, passed their shitty tests, jumped through all the hoops, wore a suit and tie in my interview, had a sick resume and good job experience but no they hired my friend (who is a redneck with less job experience) instead.

Fuck you IBEW 595!

And im in a fucking furnace making gears having sparks of cut metal on me and burn my clothes so wtf is your deal faggot

>what is it about electrical work that makes all of you drunks?
Electrical work has one of the highest alcoholic rates in the country.

Construction work is just ass tbqhwtf

>unions also arent just as greedy and thuglicious against the individual worker as the soulless corporation they fight

>If it wasn’t fornyou cunts, workers across the board would be payed alot more in proportion to the cost of living.
Keep fueling your company owners jet, and I will keep filling up my wallet.

who the fuck wears a suit and tie for labor job interview?

what is usually expected for attire?

and the democratic parties

I'm curious, what exactly was on your "sick resume"? I'd imagine having time with a union company as a CW would probably impress them a lot more than whatever handjob bullshit you put down on your resume.

I did, that user is just autistic. He went in front of a panel of people called the JATC, who are members of both the ibew and neca, and they ask like, 5 questions. His friend probably had better test scores than him, and typically they don't admit a whole lot of people into the apprentice program anyways.