Does adversity, hardship, boredom and discomfort make people stronger or weaker?

Does adversity, hardship, boredom and discomfort make people stronger or weaker?

Attached: customLogo.jpg (500x500, 61K)

both

Sort of. It teaches you and allows you to make mistakes you won't make again. It also makes you strive for a better living condition. We all just want to be /comfy/.

It will make you stronger if you manage to overcome. Some things will just make you weaker, but it depends on what it is.

It doesn't make so much as it shows.

It depends on how people approach it. I've been through some super fucked up shit, but I'm doing pretty great in terms of function and finances. Adversity has actually fueled me in the past. I like to have obstacles to overcome - makes the achievements worth something, imo. I'm full of hate, though. I still treat people well because I know I'm just a little sick in the head from all the shit I've been through and need to continue to work on how I view society.

stronger as long as you actively try to do something about it. They are tests of your character

Excessive comfort turns people into slobs.

Excessive insecurity turns people desperate and into assholes.

Be thankful during times of comfort, and persevering in times of stress. Always stay the course.

Always stronger. If you can still perform, grow, and work to be and achieve your best under hardship than anything is possible and you are an adult in my eyes

Depends on how you react to it, I guess.

Weak people are weak and strong people are strong. The people in the middle are affected positively by negative circumstances and negatively by positive circumstances.

It doesn't make you anything. It reveals what you've been all along, perhaps without knowing it

Only you can make yourself stronger or weaker.

This makes no real sense. Think about it this way, imagine "you" as a person playing two different games. One is barely a game at all, it's just an empty space with calming music and let's you move a character, another is a traditional gaming experience with enemies, obstacles, different environments to traverse, interesting mechanics and a lot of meta and in-game knowledge to learn, a real challenging experience. Which do you think is going to force the player to get better?

The former game is "you" alone without adversity or challenge, the latter is you in an environment where these things are the norm. You can't get better in a echo chamber. The cold winds shaped the vikings.

I guess i should elaborate.

Regardless of the situation it is really up to you how you take that situation and make it into something beneficial or detrimental.

I agree with you that challenge brings forth potential improvement, but he asked whether you need to go through hardship to be strong or weak and that really is relative.

It brings forth the question, when do you consider someone strong, or weak?

Depends on the person. Trying times can improve some, but will break others.Some will grow weak, some wont. Not everyone is created equally, and allowances must be made, and assumptions must be ignored.

/thread

It always makes people 'stronger', but being stronger isn't always a good thing. A blind man doesn't fear eye damage anymore so he's stronger, someone with no legs doesn't fear being crippled so they're stronger too. And the strongest person sometimes is the one that has lost everything and so cannot be threatened anymore by anything.

Hard times can be a positive, but not always.

>be me
>Drinking alone at German bar
>Cute classmate and her hub see you and say hi
>You gripe about thesis, HW, etc
>They leave, unsure whether you're an alcoholic, a drunk, or a depressed weirdo

Attached: 1522805768991.jpg (720x695, 60K)

All are meaningless terms people define based on their own subjective experience. This question cannot be answered objectively, only specifically when put in the context of specific people and situations.

/thread

Depends on how you react.
Hardships expose your character.

>Rick and Morty nihilism
>/threading own post
*tips ten gallon fedora*

It really depends. If it's a group, then it makes those in the group stronger . This is why boot camp is very tough in the Navy. Everyone in the group is being pushed to their limit. They do this not only to train them, but to build a sort of comraderee among soldiers. If it's just an individual, it can go either way: unless the individual is motivated from the start and goal oriented, then he would become a stronger individual through adversity.

>adversity, hardship
Makes or breaks you, but weeds out the lowest of society.
>boredom
This word describes a huge portion of modern society's problems in itself. Definitely weakens people.
>discomfort
It depends. It doesn't do anything inherently.

This is the best answer for individuals.