Bavarians vs prussians

while reading Goldenshon's Nuremberg interviews, i run into some counterintuitive statements from Goering and Albert Kesserling about the general differences between South Germans and North Germans. i always believed the Southerners to be more into work culture and pragmatism, while the Notherners more creative and great-souled.

GOERING:

People who knew my parents and me often said that my mental abilities were from my father but my temperament and energy come from my mother. One explanation of their differences in personality might be that my father was a northerner and my mother a southerner. The north German is very quiet and constructive. The south German is more lively and artistic. All great statesmen were north German, whereas all the great artists came from the south.
[...]
Did Goering have the same taste in art as Hitler had? “No. Hitler was an absolute opponent of Gothic art. He leaned toward the antique and classical-Romantic. Classic art is more Greek or Renaissance, such as was found in the beginning of the nineteenth century. Hitler liked the classic style with many pillars. He preferred in paintings the work of the nineteenth century, from 1800 to 1900, but he also favored Rembrandt. He disliked Dürer, who is one of my favorites. Whereas Hitler liked Michelangelo and the middle Renaissance artists, I preferred the German masters and the early Italians. Another example of our differences of opinion regarding art — Hitler didn’t like wood carvings but was an enthusiast of bronze or stone. I prefer wood. Hitler was a south German — an Austrian, really — and I was more influenced by my northern German ancestry. In art I preferred the work of the Dutch masters, the Scandinavians, Dürer, and Holbein.

(1/2)

Attached: 11413-004-D9FFDA51.jpg (316x450, 25K)

(2/2)

KESSERLING:

The mixing of northern German and southern German characters make excellent results.” I asked him what the differences were between north and south Germans. The northern type has broader horizons, a bigger viewpoint, because the land is flatter and he can see greater distances. He is better at organizing things than the southern German. The Bavarian is more narrow-minded, tends to be melancholy; perhaps the mountains and isolation have something to do with it. The flatter the country, the wider the horizons. In Schwabia the people are inclined to be artistic and ambitious, and poetic.

so, what do german /pol think about it?

I thought this was obvious? And it's kinda true and captures it. At least the Northerners being "anal". Although I'd say it is them who are narrowminded and the Southerners tend be more introverted and dreamy/visionary. Which the Boheme Hitler also was.

why then bavaria is more productive and industrialized than ex-prussia?
isn't it inconsistant with goering and kesserling's words (about the prussian superior analytical abilities)?

Bump for comfy thread

mentality doesnt directly translate to results

as an italian the differences in mentality are even greater in your country in the north vs south,

trentino vs sicilia

well, in italy notherners (including tuscans) are generally smarter than southerners (ex-kingdom of the two sicilies), and this is pretty well-reflected both in their respective economies and broad culture.

Terroni di merda

The north is full of industrial ruins and has either a lot of immigrants or was commie.
Bavaria meanwhile doubled its population in the last 60 years, mostly with intergerman migration, thats why our citys turn red and green. We still got enough room for new factories.

Also Bavaria is politically very stable with bascially one party rule since 1945. They have a lot of laissez-faire policy going (upon the brink of breaking federal law actually) and the taxes are lower in most citys.

Nordmen from Switzerland to Austria all the way to Finland and Iceland shouldn't fight each other and should unite as Nordic brothers as Hitler wanted.

Probably there is some truth to it.

if you go to germany, visit the south. It's the better part desu senpai
there are exceptions though. Hamburg is one I know of. It is great.

i wonder how modern bavarians feel about king ludwig II, if they still appreciate his vision or if they take the beauty of their land for granted because it hasnt been totally spoiled yet, or maybe it has been i dont know but i think it deserves to be protected from manipulation

I fucking hate Hamburg. I prefer my little town in Schleswig-Holstein. But I guess people may see it differently visiting it only a couple times in their life versus having to transit through it every fucking day.

Land of shit?

>my ancestry is *this* therefore I like *this*

Attached: 1516546076910.jpg (447x444, 38K)

>It is true because Hitler X
I've been told here Muslims hate dogs but the Iraqi surgeon's wife has 2 in my town. She walks in traditional clothes too. Just like in the pic related. Their children are dressed normal.

Attached: latest-arabic-style-abaya-saudi-kaftan-design.jpg (410x800, 48K)

>Checks flag
>"Muh ancestry" doesnt matter
OH NO NO NO HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: cheddar-man-the-first-briton_12cddee2-0bff-11e8-8111-5ed3551128ed.jpg (960x744, 46K)

>But muh naxalt!!!!!!!

You mean now? Because east-Germany is a post-Soviet country with the worst brain drain of all.

Prussians were Baltic-Slavic mongs
North-Eastern Germans today are just Slav mongs

Attached: germutts.jpg (818x608, 147K)

We South Germans are more diplomatic and less strict when it comes to rules, but when boundaries are overstepped we tend to be harsher with penalties.
North Germans in general stick more seriously to their notion of laws, and don't really have an off-setting.

Also, Gold artwork is clearly the best.

obviously you can choice your own culture, even if it's an hard process. but the environment will always push you in selected directions or standards of judgement. e.g. the christian worldview is stretched between good and evil, contrary to the greek one between excellent and mediocre.
moreover, people are generally FAR less original and emancipated from their native culture than they usually think.