What would happen if they banned plastic bags in your country?

stuff.co.nz/environment/106160806/new-zealand-to-ban-singleuse-plastic-bags

Attached: bigstock-Multiple-Plastic-Shopping-Bags-239117521-768x512.jpg (768x512, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robinandrews/2018/10/25/the-european-union-just-voted-to-ban-single-use-plastics-by-2021/#1896c4084b4e
dnevnik.si/1042777298
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

less litter from niggers hopefully

Apparently I have white trash-tier thinking. It's current year people

Attached: Screenshot (181).png (978x901, 1.6M)

Something shouldn't last 500 years just to carry your shit to your car and into your home.

my city 'banned' plastic bags while promoting 're-usable' plastic bags that use more material and still get thrown away
>this is your city on leftism

Environmentalists feel smug that they're saving the planet.
If Commiefornia is any indication, however, it features unintended consequences like homeless who used to shit in plastic bags now simply shit in the open streets like it's downtown New Delhi and shitting streets are designated.

we would use paper bags?
Ironically paper bags are cheaper than the plastic ones

cheaper here that is

the basket weaving business would be booming, better go plant some grass

Id knew i live in faggotland

I see fewer bags laying around in my neighborhood. Its hobos that bring trash all over the place

>banning bags
Its the greenies way of virtue signalling their degenerate lifestyles.

They recently did this in my home state of Queensland and desu it is the fucking gayest thing ever.

I constantly have to purchase the environmentally destructive reusable bags on the frequent occasion I make ad-hoc stops in the supermarket. My car boot is crapped up with reusable bags that only get used at the weekly shop.

Worse than that, I often end up going without, carrying things like a savage. I don't know why they can't at least give me a paper bag??

Last but not least, a special message for the hippies: I am now using about 10x more garbage bags than before, instead of just recycling the shopping bags I got at the supermarket.

All in all, plastic bag ban has been a shitshow and you're a faggot if you support it.

Those who do support it: there was nothing stopping you using your reusable bags. Stop forcing your ideas on others you enviro-fascists.

Attached: 1541747867009.jpg (1100x787, 171K)

In New York we already have to pay for plastic bags. It's only 5 cents but they will be banned soon enough. I don't have a problem with it and it probably should have been done sooner. I have a stack of fabric bags i bring to the store, fill, then empty when I get home and re-use. It's really not a big deal to us, but could mean a lot to the environment. There's really no reason to be against it unless you're the absolute laziest cunt in the world.

Attached: P668R2S.png (441x549, 412K)

>supermarket bans plastic bags
>99% of products at the supermarket is packaged in plastic including selling rolls of plastic bags to line the bin with

what did they mean by this?

They won't ban it...
>Because they would rather tax them 10 cents a bag so they have even more money to give away and fund their efforts to import the entirety of asian and africa

>what did they mean by this?
VIRTUE SIGNALING. That is what they mean.

>ban
They didn't ban it the fucking greenies basically forced a tax on plastic bags.

I can't remember when I bought a plastic shopping bag since I use cloth ones, saves me some euros every year. But still fucking everything in the store is packed in plastic so who cares?

>What if you're out and decide to stop at a store and don't have your bags?
>What if your reusable bag tears before it reaches the amount of uses it needs to be environmentally equivalent to just using disposable bags?
>What if you're not a faggot new yorker who doesn't just shop at a bodega at the base of their building?

I liked New York better when it was a post-apocalyptic crime den.

Attached: 1282446623043.jpg (523x367, 70K)

This. This is the biggest part.

Plastic bag bans aren't bans, they're still fucking everywhere, you just have to pay for it. $$$ for corporations, and they can make it out as good publicity as well.

Why do you think these laws get passed so quickly?

I could start distributing my stored up bags at a 10x price

There’s currently an island of plastic in the pacific ocean the size of france and spain combined, anything we can do about that has my support

a little less litter from bydlo

Banning plastic bags in the west does absolutely nothing about that island since all that garbage is there from Asia, Africa and Latin America.

people would go on using reusable cloth bags as they already do. we germans are just a better people.

I'm sure as someone on the actual other side of the planet you've been here many times and definitely know exactly what it's like and are not just regurgitating what you've heard on Jow Forums. I live in the suburbs, I leave bags in my car, or I pay .05 for them. The fabric bags are sturdy enough that I've only had one break in 2 years.

Plastic bags are still needed occasionally but not to the degree where everyone in the country needs 5,000 of them rolled into a ball and stuffed into a cabinet.

Attached: dK5rwjs.jpg (600x450, 18K)

i have like 30 bags from countdown that i keep forgetting to bring with me to the supermarket, might just store them in the motor so i don't forget next time to be quite frank

My country got rid of free single use carrier bags. Now I pay 10p for a "bag for life" which must use 10 times the plastic, except I still treat is as single use because I'm too brainlet to remember to bring bags when I shop.

So all the plastic from europe and america just dissappears into thin air?

Im sure they will. The thought of it makes me weep.

You have trash tier thinking for going to (((stuff)))

I have reusable cloth bags that I got for free from my mother and I prefer to use those because they are bigger and I can shove more shit in them without risking having them break. So banning plastic bags wouldn't really change how I operate.

Will there be dog shit all over the streets too?

>or I pay .05 for them
So you're fucking the environment anyway?

Great ban faggot.

What do you do for garbage bags?

Nothing.
Banned in Syd, but at my woolies they now give away the heavier “reusable” bags for free anyway (normally 15c). Gotta have something to put my garbage in, so all good.

Based

Just wait till those people try to clean out the kitty litter.

>how dare you do anything for the environment
>you're not doing enough for the environment

Attached: MbCtgoI.png (426x251, 12K)

DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR BAGS, NZ.
IT'S THE MOST ANNOYING GODDAMN THING IN THE WORLD TO HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN BAGS.

t. Californian (help us)

Happens here in Queensland.
Now I gotta buy thicker woolies bags for 15 cents just so their handles break off after a few uses.
Why we didn't go back to the paper bag baffles me. Just make sure the bag can be composted and you've got yourself a use for all the waste.

>I am now using about 10x more garbage bags than before, instead of just recycling the shopping bags I got at the supermarket.

this. many people, myself included, reused those bags for a multitude of purposes. all things considered, each bag is a tiny amount of plastic, considering how thin they are, and the things that are replacing them are inevitably using more plastic and generating more waste.

They already did it here.
If you don't bring your own bag they just fucking sell you one anyway.
All it means is you wait fucking longer to buy your groceries while dumb cunts who want to save fifteen cents try and fit all their groceries into their hemp satchel backpack.
Hippy bullshit is all about paying more to live worse.

Wouldn't a better idea be to mandate all single use plastics be biodegradable?
Engineers out the actual problem.

Attached: 1423183307287.gif (315x258, 650K)

not much. we go back to paper bags and all grocery stores start charging 25 cents for them

You'll have to start paying 10¢ for a fucking bag. Side note this shit is worse for the environment. Even if less people are throwing bags everywhere the reusable plastic bags seem like they'll last way fucking longer than the normal ones

We've done without disposable plastic bags for years in South Australia and it's just fine. You just take your shit with you to the car in the trolley then load up your canvas bags which you obviously carry in the car with you. You see once a plastic bag hits the ocean it looks like a jellyfish and turtles eat them, dying horribly. If it's a choice between turtle bros and whinging Brisvegas faggots like you, I'll choose the turtles.

They are trying to ban plastic bags in my city.
Which is going to ruin my job, because newspapers are bagged in plastic sleeves to be thrown, so when it rains, how the fuck does one deliver the newspaper?
Might finally kill this pozzed jew propaganda industry for good. Wouldnt miss it.

>here, we printed out a section of the internet for you to throw away

Attached: hmUl7BA.jpg (1373x917, 137K)

Those plastic sleeves are different and don't fall under the ban (at least that's how it was here). Your pitiful "side hustle" delivering propaganda to boomers remains secure.

Banning things is never for the better

I really dislike the amount of plastic bags, they're great on their own but it's the throw-away mentality that is bad, paper bags are ok in sunny places but won't last 5 mins in rainy places like the UK, so hemp etc would be best, y'know something with a handle.

it's not just bags that piss me off it's excess packaging in general, apples etc in fucking plastic blister-packs et

plastic products are great if used properly

Before I had a car I would have been pissed since I can't carry as much groceries in the brown paper bags verse the plastic bags. Now that I have a car wouldn't are as much besides the fact u re use the plastic bags for other things

NO NOT THE TURTLES!

>hemp
lol the industry was shamed to death before any of us were even born, thx paper companies

Does it even matter?
You will be dead before anything world impacting happens.

Those who throw trash in the nature should be shot.

we already did it, way less litter from useless cunts that cant figure out how a bin works.

The jewy Swiss Gov made agreements with the biggest retailers, that they should charge 5 cents for platic bags at the checkout. If they keep the agreement, the Gov would not create any prohibitive legislation, which is a total lie. They gonna ban them anyway sooner or later Now they are pushing the remove the plastic bags at the produce section.

I went to Aliexpress and bought 5k plastic bags. One bag cost me 1.5 cents. Now and then I leave a few at the checkout with a 'for free' sticker.

eco-fascist here, suck a dick and carry your shit peasant.

Already happened in my small city, simply because we try to ape whatever west cost progholes do. Stores then sold/gave people flimsy cloth bags, but they become extremely unhygienic when people don't wash them and if you wash them they fall apart. Now the stores sell thicker synthetic (read: plastic) bags made in China. Hipster types use fancy bag contraptions they bought online. The rest of us just reverted to old-school paper bags that they charge 10 cents for.

Oh also, the same usual suspects that got the plastic bag ban rolling are now wanting to ban the paper bags.

up until recently plastic waste from the UK was being "recycled" in asia, we pay them to take it. so im guessing a lot of that ended up in the ocean, so banning plastic bags and other single use plastics in the west would have an impact.

yes but people arn't throwing away the reusable ones nearly as often, hence why they're called reusable.

according to a Danish research you need to use an ecological cotton bag 20000 times before it's more environmental friendly than a plastic bag.

Normal cotton bag 7100 times and paper bag 40 times.

this. it's fucking retarded, supermarkets are putting more things in plastic and importing more shit from overseas.

>danish research

Attached: 1448064436043.png (240x228, 78K)

Excessive waste, ban plastic straws too

Reduce pollution

That's not reducing waste

Plastics are fucking disgusting for throwaway items. In my ethnostate all non-essential plastic products would carry the death penalty for importing or producing.

Define 'non-esential'

They have banned them in Australia already. Basically is what happens is that "renewable" bags costs 10c which means Coles and Woolies make about 100 million dollar a year from bags.

Literally anything that can be made out of an alternative material must be.

>Refining a limited resource
>To produce products that get thrown into the sea and never degrade
>All to line some rich Jews pocket

You should gas yourself if you support plastics.

They were banned here last year, life goes on, with less garbagre.

Yeah, but I'll be lining some jews pockets no matter what. I'd rather spend less with plastic packaging.

And no, I don't care about long-term consequences. I'll be surprised if I live past 50 given my lifestyle choices.

>he wants to cut down the amazon to profit the jews
Get a load of this faggot lads

Cool, just fucking kill yourself then.

>Implying there is 0 alternatives than chopping down forests

Nice strawman

>Nice strawman
Straws are made of plastic and trees, now what is your argument gonna be poofta

Soon™

Attached: 1465255373739.jpg (360x270, 24K)

littering would happen with reusable bags
the problem isn't availability of the bags, it's littering

forbes.com/sites/robinandrews/2018/10/25/the-european-union-just-voted-to-ban-single-use-plastics-by-2021/#1896c4084b4e
>The European Union Just Voted To Ban Single-Use Plastics By 2021
Like this?
Or this:
dnevnik.si/1042777298
>V Sloveniji bodo s 1. januarjem 2019 na vseh prodajnih mestih blaga ali izdelkov prepovedane brezplačne plastične nosilne vrečke ne glede na debelino njihove stene.
Translation:
>From 1 January 2019, in Slovenia, free plastic plastic bags will be banned at all points of sale of goods or products, regardless of the thickness of their wall.

That's pretty fucking spoiled brat of you desu senpai. Just remember to take the bags out of your car it really is not that hard.

It would increase testosterone for all men.

plastic bags fall under a state regulation and get exchanged with biologic friendly bags (cotton etc.) but the main reason for the enormous amount of plastic trash aren't the bags but every product that gets bought at supermarket or shop itself.
The real problem therefore doesn't get touched or deliberately ignored.

we would use paper bags again

I wouldn't have trash bags for my little waste bins

That plastic island comes mostly from Africa and Asia. While you're being a good little goyim recycling your cans so the new brown generation has a nice clean environment, it doesn't mean anything when China and India are dumping vast quantities of open waste into the sea.

Why can't we just use wicker baskets?

Attached: 848bc2ab40565f1e870b008592--dlya-doma-i-interera-korzina-ovalnaya-s-prodolnoj-ruchkoj.jpg (915x759, 101K)

That's because politicians are all corrupt, they pretend to solve the problem, but haven't really. They solve problems by putting burden on people, not the easy solution to put burden on producers.

They banned plastic bags when I lived in CA. I thought it was great until the homeless no longer had a way to dispose of their shit. Months later there was a hepatitis A outbreak that killed over 20 people in my area and shit all over the sidewalks. Couldn’t leave the building for lunch breaks anymore.

My state tried to put a 5 cent tax on plastic bags and people chimped out and they stopped it. There is too many lolbertarians here and they'd say, "da gobernmunt has broken the last straw." There would be a rebellion.

This is used already.

Attached: recycled bag.jpg (700x700, 54K)

Yep, exactly what's happening now in Australia.

>It would increase testosterone for all men.

Oh shit! REPEAL

It is a mixed bag actually. It will improve ALL men. That includes the minorities. You guys, and us too, are fucked

we'd use regular bags and disposable paper bags

Honestly every kilo is nowadays bagged in aroung 1-2% by weight of plastic. From milk to soda to bread to chips. Taking it plastic bags out of use will not change that by any means.
Reminder that 1 Storm surge from Florida carries more plastic garbage into the Oceans than anything else.

Wut, just use a non-plastic reusable bag you retard.

Tropical timber makes inferior paper compared to sub-arctic timber. Eucalyptus plantations are only popular because they grow fast so you can churn out shit paper.