Any advices for depression?Im on Therapy for 2 months but its not helping me...

Any advices for depression?Im on Therapy for 2 months but its not helping me. Legit answers pls no "Go out meet new people" shit.

Attached: 1523731766228.jpg (236x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Hardcore-Self-Help-Depression-English-ebook/dp/B01BQSF8BK/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1524066541&sr=1-2&keywords=depression english
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay then, start by telling us what have you been doing about it.

why? have you gone out and met new people? do you understand that good, healthy socialization is the end goal of like half of mental disorder treatments?

Depression is a chemical imbalance. Therapy can work for some, but there are more difficult approaches that can work.

Lucid dreaming.

If you succeed in getting a lucid dream, seek out your subconscious. Only they will be able to tell you what is missing in your life or what is giving you pain. Its what i did and it took a month of me inducing a lucid dream and when i did it felt like a a large weight was lifted off my shoulders.

>Legit answers pls no "Go out meet new people" shit.

Attached: 1511936964862.png (769x733, 34K)

mmm that pic

>what colour is the sky?. Legit answers please no "the sky is blue" shit.

muh chemical embalance
muh subconscious

It took two years for me to start getting results from therapy and I still get suicidal and severely depressed sometimes. Keep at it and maybe ask your therapist about seeing a psychiatrist too.

well I don't know anything about your lifestyle but here are the standard advices for people with depression
1. be social active
2. set up a goal (losing weight, or getting a new car)
3. maybe get a new hobby or try to focus more on your hobbies
4. Educate yourself about depression (reading books and stuff) and you may find some helpful tips there
5.Meditate (it is not a meme really)
6.Do some sport. You don't need to lift, just do something which is fun for example you could go walking while playing on your smartphone or listening to music.
Hope I helped you a bit. Depression is a bitch, we deserve to be happy

Not OP, but any book recommendations?

This. Therapy is a long-term treatment and if you go to it expecting immediate signs of progress you'll just be frustrated. Take it one session at a time, reflect on what you discussed and try to apply it in real life in order to better yourself. It takes a while but it will work. Good luck user.

here is a link to a book which looks quite promising
amazon.de/Hardcore-Self-Help-Depression-English-ebook/dp/B01BQSF8BK/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1524066541&sr=1-2&keywords=depression english

Thanks, will get it when I have some money.

I went for years, friend. 2 months ain't shit. Keep going. It also took SSRIs. I'm off them now but they legit helped me to more or less train myself into keep my emotions more leveled out.

There is no single cure for depression but the following things have helped me:

* Do exercise of some kind, go to the gym and start lifting if you can
* Eat healthy and at normal hours
* Keep a normal sleep schedule, don't oversleep or stay up til 4 AM browsing Jow Forums
* Avoid staying in your room all day, go out even if it's just to take a walk
* Have a daily schedule of some kind, don't allow yourself to piss the whole day away, you'll feel awful about it at night

Cold shower every day. Ice cold. It works but no one can stick to it

you can read it for free if you use the kindle free trial for 30 days.

Unnironically exercise
Also get the will power to do some productive or hooby things, you must break the cycle
The hardest part of it is to stand up to do the thing

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Second Edition by Hayes et al. A behavior based, scientific approach to stuff like depression and anxiety.

Mindfulness based cognitive behavior therapy doesn't seem to work for more severe depression. ACT is behavior based and while it may not help anymore than CBT or MCBT it's at least a different tactic you can try.

If your depression doesn't respond to medication and therapy then you should read up on the NEW way we do electroconculsive therapy. ECT is very mild these days. It has pretty mild side effects, short term memory loss with full recovery--I'd argue it is less invasive than shit like Zoloft.

If you feel like your depression is the result of your brain being fucked up and isn't the result of past trauma, social skill deficits, or a lack of coping skills, then ECT may be something to work towards.

What is not working with the theraphy in your opinion?

Well i guess i can try it since i have nothing to lose. And yes i know about chemical imbalance im gonna order pills soon

> (OP)
>>what colour is the sky?. Legit answers please no "the sky is blue" shit.
Then how is it happening that many famous rich people with families had depression that even led to death?? I guess they should just go out and meet new people.

Im actually thinking about changing my therapist, it's not like she's bad but she does not really help me at all. We r just talking about recent stuff

My therapist is not giving me any advices on how to do things better. Its mostly that i talk and she just agrees with me. Probably will change her soon.

ever try doing something fun? maybe just enjoying yourself?

When you think about shit what do you think about that brings you down?

I have this thing where i can shut it off you probably cant so try and occupy yourself with work or job. unless you already have one then idk just occupy yourself so you dont think about it.

Well the problem is i have 0 energy and will to do anything when the depression hits. I mostly just try to sleep or read something. The only thing which is helping me short term is alcohol but I know this is a shitty way to go so im searching for some alternatives.

I am going through the same thing, and have been dealing with depression for most of my adult life. If you are starting from nothing, make it your goal to do one thing everyday. It could be something really simple like take a shower, go outside for a walk or some other exercise, or say you will devote x amount of time to a productive activity (start small like 30 min). Make it so that even if you are feeling miserable and hopeless, at the very least you are doing something that is contributing to improving yourself, or achieving something, no matter how small, every day.

I feel very little happiness if any, and have no desire to do anything, but I am slowly building up a routine of exercise, and small amounts of productivity that are giving my life some sort of structure. Hopefully this will provide a stable foundation from which you can continue to build upon to address larger issues that seem daunting and overwhelming.

Try to get a therapist that will challenge/ confront you.

I tried to do this routine thing. Everyday workout at home, cooking meals and all that but i totally lack motivation to do anything after a short period of time. But good luck to u, maybe u ll make it

Correct.

I try to go on discord to meet some people, or i watch streamers on twitch, or watch cartoons and shows on the tv or computer to distract myself from whatever bothering me. Or play games to get my mind off of things.

People on the internet are interesting you should talk on discord. They cheer me up.