I can’t get a job

I can’t get a job

I’m 26 f. I’ve been confused about where to head in my life

I didn’t have the best upbringing , had a single mom who worked constantly to make ends meet for 4 kids etc

I did try going to college on &off but paying for my rent which where my college was is so expensive even w/ roommates & working full time in a stressful job to pay rent and do homework. None of my family support me in going to college (financially or emotionally) . I got sick here and there (I’ve had Lyme disease and mono all in the past less than 2 yrs)

I have gaps in my employment. a lot of jobs I didn’t keep for longer than a couple months. & dropping out of school

I have gotten called to interviews. Some have went well.some were bad, some were ok.

For the onethat did follow up w references, none of my references answered just told me they got voicemails. I never heard back. For the others, I never heard back. I’ve gone to 4 interviews in the past month. I feel like partly I have age discrimination, bc I’m 26 & a lot of the jobs I’m applying for are w/ college aged who are home for the summer time bc I live in a vacation place that’s only busy during the summer. even though I blend in fine. The other jobs (like office jobs) I seem to young/juvenile for. (Ice just been applying to retail, waitress and host jobs, none of the office jobs ever call me)

I’m getting depressed, I’ve gsined a solid 8 lbs which isn’t like me, I’ve weighed around the same w nothing more like 3 lbs fluncations for the past 6 years.

Part of me wants to take the rest of the week off &be recluse. Stop applying for jobs.start dieting and doing my own thing and clearing my head. Part of me wants to keep looking even though I feel defeated. I’m not fat I weigh l122 and I’m 5’4 but I’m usually a really skinny girl,

I feel bad. I have no money, my mom/boyfriend give me like $20 here and there for gas money/food, but it’s an awful existence. I feel useless

Attached: B9350C1D-AFA1-492C-8585-A99839CB92E3.jpg (1242x2208, 325K)

look into trades

Probably because you're dumb. Maybe stop being dumb or lower your standards.

I am

I’m considering going to school for esthetician. Or finishing my degree , but I need a lot of money saved to pay for my apartment bc my school is a 2 hr commute.

Whatever I decide to do for school if that’s what I decide, it won’t begin until September . So I have from now until then, and I can’t afford to do any of that until I have money. And I can’t seem to get a job anywhere. It’s so weird

I’m thinking of lying and saying I’m in school for two days a week, I think I coul probably get hired. I honestly think it’s because I’m not in school or employed, so I look like a bum /failure. But that’s why I’m going to interviews to be employed so it’s jusf a stupid thing and cycle

I’m not dumb.
I’ve had jobs in retail stores and restaurants .
I went to an interview a couple days ago for a place that I’ve gotten hired at in the past (but declined because I found a better job) and a year later when I applied again they rejected Me. It just seems so weird .

I’m starting to think I smell bad or something ?? Wouldn’t my boyfriend tell me?

This just feels awful

>is a woman
>I'm not dumb

Attached: 1517691322789.jpg (862x1024, 117K)

how can a girl not get hired? unless she's ugly or autistic or something

yes you are dumb actually, why don't you try applying for jobs that actually have a future instead of retail and restaurants. no one wants to hire some dumb broad just so she can make money, they want to know what you can offer them in return for what they're offering you. if you're going to school pick some random stupid shit doesn't matter, and then apply to jobs that are related to that and put that in your resume. "i'm going to school for stupid woman degree so I'd like to work here at stupid woman incorporated because I want to develop skills in this area. I am determined because this is my future " blah blah blah. but you're a dumb woman you don't need to work just marry your boyfriend and make him work and start leeching you slut, you basically already are. 26 is marriage and kids time for a woman. your eggs dry up by 35. you either have 10 years for a career where you start making 30k by the end of the 10 years and stop working dumbass jobs or marry your bf and have a kid with him and not work

Search Aaron Clarey on YouTube he does asshole counseling and you don't even need to spend a dime. If you look through his videos you will find a lot you can apply to your life and learn lessons from other peoples mistakes.

Okay all of that is really mean

I would have a kid , but my boyfriend doesn’t want them yet, and we don’t even live together.
None of my friends have kids yet who are the same age unless it was by accident and they are single moms..

your mom is mean when i fuck her BITCH

Attached: 1523330532124.jpg (679x472, 49K)

Staffing agencies find you good jobs, look into it

>how can a girl not get hired? unless she's ugly or autistic or something
A combination of ageism and sexism. Lots of employers are reluctant to hire women in their 20s and early 30s because there's a chance they'll want to have babies and therefore take time off.

I have the same vision as you

I am curious about being autistic all the time and my eggs being dry.

But I haven't even gotten started

I'm age 23. Living under my parents. And I think I understand you.

I have this vision.
Having complex vision on building my resume to have entry levels in less professional environments and coming out as someone or a hand man (multi tasking).

I think it's possible and everyone should be a handy man. Why have many degrees if " those" people have lower chance to reach to " them"

Starting from volunteer
To house keeping
To labor school
Etc

lel adv is so fucking normie oh my god

Paternity leave is no joke user

yeah but that doesn't make it sexist it just means women are worse to hire that's not sexist lol

and ageist? wtf is that even jej

Was agreeing with what was said, it's a big common inconvenience for the work

but do you think it's "ageist and sexist"

Hard to say, if I were hiring I'd avoid em too. you never know what you're getting reguardless

They can smell your depression.
Either get professional help or go hard on self help.

If you want to change your life, you have to make changes to your life.

Same, the idea of paying a woman to go be a whale is disgusting. Dont have babies that you cant afford.

You need to stop looking at your past struggles as excuses for why you are where you are now. You're failing yourself because of the way you approach your problems. You need to commit to finding ways to get through the shit that life throws at you. Just about everybody out there has a tragic story or three by the time they're in their 30s. I'm 28, and going off of just the info in your post, I've been in similar shoes. But I've also had all of my savings stolen, been homeless, and been stabbed a bunch. My mother hardly supported her two kids; she held a knife to my neck when I was 10 for telling a bad joke I heard at school. She often threatened to kill my sister and me, and she beat us, chased us, and screamed at us for really small shit - sometimes no reason at all. She kicked me out on my 18th birthday. I've paid every cent of my college tuition out of my own pocket from minimum wage work. I have 7 roommates to keep the rent cheap. I've been told that I'll never be successful. My supposed "friends" let me sit on the streets when my ex stole all of my savings that I was coasting on between jobs. I was so fuckin' depressed from the break up and trying to keep a roof over my head with nothing that I stopped eating. I was 79 pounds when I was wheeled into the ER after being shanked. Almost died. Now, my reason for telling you all of this, other than relatability and to give an example of how you CAN bounce back from rough shit if you persist, is to get through to you that life will push you around through entropy, but you have the ability to steer toward certain paths. You might not always get what you're aiming for, but you'll get much less of what you're aiming for if you give in to feelings of helplessness, lose hope, and more or less give up. As for the employment gaps, go for a cashier job and lie about your experience. Have a friend vouch for you, and get different references. "I'm not familiar with this kind of register" is a good phrase to remember.

>boyfriend
Every time. Even the most useless, retarded, failure of a female can find some schlub who will date her and give her money. Men by contrast actually have to be worth something to have any dating success.

True that, but I'm still glad to be a man. I mean, can you imagine going through life never experiencing hardships, never being truly interested in things due to your shallow mind and never creating something that's useful, and just being a fuckhole for the superior sex?

Lol

Never been thru hardships

You don’t know my life, the reason why I’m in my
Situation is bc I’ve had a really hard life . Of one of seven kids (one of my brother passed away when I was 10) I’m the only
One who tried going to
College (that I paid for in my own and has no
Emotional and financial support from anyone).
I struggled my whole life ,
My mom had cancer 8 years ago,
I had Lyme disease and then lost the nerves in my face from it for two months and slowly gained them back over the next hear (half my face was paralyzed) a year later I got Lyme disease .
I have a dead beat dad and none of my family talks to Me. I lost all my friends bc my mom married this gross guy so someone could be in the house to “watch us” and bring me to school
He’s disabled and makes $6000 a year. He also emotionally abused me, and our house was so poor that I wouldn’t let any friends over bc I was embarrassed. And I lost all my friends bc they thought I didn’t like them.

Please don’t tell me I don’t know hardships

Well you never told me
How you got
Out of your satiation and stuff but Ok thanks

But are you ugly though? How would you rate yourself based on your looks?

I’m not ugly. That’s the only thing I got lucky with. At least a 7. I have a really nice body (I was a dancer for most my life and I exercise and Eat right. Ans I take care of my skin etc) I’ve always had guys after Me. That’s pretty much all I was blessed with, but also I’m fetttjng older so past my 30s it’s not gonna be able to help as much (you can still be attractive, but people usually prefer younger like early-mid 20/s).One of the restaurants I went to for interview told me “you’re attractive, articulate, blah blah everything were looking for” and then I never heard back from them. , it’s been two weeks .

Holy shit fuck you.

Wish my parents or my SO would give me $40 here and there just for exsisting.

You know what my parents gave me growing up? A beating, a lot of alcoholic abuse, and severe mental illness.

You know what you're problem is? You're a priveleged middle class white girl who got spoiled growing up thinking she was a special little princess by her mother.

I don't buy the victim bullshit. Fuck you and your feelings. Get a fucking job, hold it down for a least a year ot two, then use that to springboard into another field.

So sick of you fucking priveleged middle class Stacy's whining about how hard it is to get a fucking job because you went to art school when I've easily grabbed over a dozen within the past 6 years (some I kept for awhile, others were temp) and most paid a good wage (13-14/hr or more).

Axe yourself for being so pathetic.

Read

I’m not but okay I’m not reading the rest of your
Comment. Just because I didn’t tell my whole story or history . You don’t know anything about my life .

And my family has been dysfunctional, I’ve seen my dad (when he used to live with us when I was 10) and my brothers fight when drunk. My brother died when I was 10 when his friend was driving him drunk.

I didn’t live with either of my
Parents for two years. I switched schools like 10 times. My mom never (and still doesn’t ) own a house

Bye bye

OP is an attention whore ugly bitch freeloading woman and should kill herself

Do Postmates my dude, if you live in a metro area you'll make around $10-15/he depending. It's easy money that will keep you going through unemployment. When you do get a full time job you can stick to it on your off time for even more money.

Let me know what you think.

I thought about it

But I don’t live Ina place where people have that ..(like i live ina slow place where there’s no Uber eats and very few ubers) so I would prob have to travel like an hour and more to the city to get jobs with that

Develop skills to make yourself worth hiring. Unskilled = unskilled jobs = low pay because anyone can do them. Read some books on sales and psychology of words and behavior. You want money for little effort? Find a sugar daddy mentor. 26, be a a grown up and be responsible for your choices and actions. If things are not working - change what doesn't work or find ways to make the change. Identify what you can do and then DO IT. Talk is cheap. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Those who do win.

How wrong is it to seal professional clothes

All my jeans have holes in them, I only have one blouse and a blazer, and I have $0

I can offer you full time employment bouncing on my dick, and ill provide you a home, food and amenities.

Yeah definitely take a break and cool off, but don't get comfortable because you'll need to get back at it again. You've had jobs, so it's not like you don't have any work history, but what you need to do is work on your bad habits that cause you to leave jobs early/get fired or whatever it is that is keeping you from having a steady job. I'm not a manager, but I've noticed all of the people I work with who've had multiple jobs in a short period of time were deeply damaged individuals with personal problems that kept them from working in their new jobs. They were also terrible people, completely unreliable and self-centered.

Borrow, no problem. Steal? Not good.
Used store is fine too.
Surely there are other friends or family who can help you with some wardrobe at least as a loan. If not, cam whore for paypal bucks. Collect cans and bottles for deposit money.
this is right too.

Lol

I was gonna go apply to places in person, but it was raining and I didn’t look great so I just went to the library for at least two hours, filled out apps etc even applied for volunteer jobs

And yeah totally. I would consider myself damaged, I come from a broken home. I don’t think I’ve ever been fired. I’m working on it though. I wanna keep my next job or a while or not leaving jobs tilll I have new ones, I’ve learned a lot now

I’m not a bad person tho!! I’m a really good person, nice and have a good heart. I’m just not super outgoing & I don’t hVe a support system friends etc from the shit I went thru in my life, so in seriously working on fixing everything and being more normal