College graduate being forced to take a minimum wage job

College graduate being forced to take a minimum wage job

How do I stop from killing myself from the shame/misery mix?
I'm probably gonna never rise above this

Attached: images (2).jpg (255x198, 8K)

kill self

An hero

What do you expect other people amount to? People don't have a choice, go to college/uni and get the same pay as someone who didn't go through all the bullshit. You're not the only one.

I need to at least make it until I pay off my loans

Don’t kill yourself. You will never get revenge that way.

It's not the money
It's the fact that I wasted 5 years and accomplished nothing
And now I'll be stuck laboring around idiots when all I want to do is die
I should have drowned myself in that river when I was 18 but I foolishly saved myself

Well the million dollar question is what degree?

Math and computer sci

haven't you heard of loan forgiveness?

you don't really owe anything that shouldn't have been provided to you by the state

It's the one that my mother co-signed that I need to pay off

That would negatively affect my siblings

coward

My sister might make it in the real world
I don't want to hinder her potential

life isnt fair.

but make connections and and friends and people will pull you out that hole

Why can't you get a job that pays better than minimum wage?

I don't know
Probably because
I don't know how to do that

are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Math AND computer sci... please tell me you built a portfolio, right???

Build one right now and look for an internship. This will allow you to find a better paying job in the future

I'm telling you why I can't off myself of just yet
It's getting really hard not to kill myself right now anyways
I'm just trying to survive long enough to give my sister a chance

I've tried user
But no takers
I just got a barebones comp sci degree and don't know much programming past python and c
And I suck at those anyways

Plus I'd don't live in an area with many tech jobs and don't have the money to move to where they are

shit sucks OP, i understand that. i didnt do cs, but EE and am in a similar situation. all those tech degrees are great indeed but what people fail to mention is that the reality after graduation is even more mental work. you have to surpass an already insanely high standard to make a career in any of these fields. so you are too bad to start in what you majored in but too "overqualified" to do slightly lower mental work. it's a limbo really. well, keep working just so you won't burden your family. i do that too and will probably have to for another 20 years or so. treat life like a sort of penance, like sitting out jail time kek.

one more thing: don't look at those 5 years of college like it was a waste. if you are like me, then we did this simply out of boredom, because there really was nothing better to do. and now that you're stuck doing shit jobs. well..what else is there to do?

How about working online from the comfort of your home? Have you search up any work that's available via internet?

What do you do?

It's not really the job status really
I'd take a data entry job
But I can't get one for some reason
I'm stuck doing physical labor in a stressful environment around unsavory people and I'm already suicidal as it is
I'm gonna eventually go over the edge
I'm desperately trying to hold that off

My internet sucks too much and I have speech problems so I can't have a job that uses a telephone a lot

if your major is computer science you need to realize that working in this field is not about a degree its about skills . If you live in the states try to learn machine learning and deep learning they pay good salaries for those positions and there are plenty of online courses about them .or you can dig deeper into operating systems like linux because many companies use it in their data centers . Also taking cisco certificates is beneficial try to pick one of those and within a year you might find a job with decent salary

You were going to drown yourself in a river, at 18? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, why? At that age you can do so many things in life and meet people.

So what did you graduate in mate? I tried going for CS and failed because I sucked in more abstract math and couldn't even handle basic physics.

If you're around 26-27 it's not the end of the world, you graduated and if you worked and have friends then why the hell would you be THAT upset. I have it worse, I'm about that age and have nothing else. Currently looking for jobs to have a history while I go back to school.

currently i am fucked and work 32hrs per week washing dishes. i didnt think that things would turn out that way. in hindsight my greatest problem was not caring about uni. instead of focusing on one subject and actually specializing in something, i scattered everything and did electives, projects and my thesis in random topics, no good! not building a social network adds to the difficulty.
look, i cannot tell you not to end yourself. this type of situation sucks hard, i know that. two or three more years and nobody will care for your degree anymore. it might be once again time for you to completely re-align your life. forget everything that you did before. try to find meaning in struggle itself and eventually climb back up. for example my plan now is to start laboring at a factory for pharmaceutics while doing an online degree in business administration. i might or might not be able to start a career in that field then. you have to fight, there is no other way OP.

Scratch that, you succeeded where I failed and have your degree in CS. I REALLY don't understand why you're THAT upset.

Not that other user but I know how he feels. I went to college (graduating in May) and feel like I've hardly learned anything or made any friends while here. I did well in my classes they just didn't teach as muh as other schools did. I am okay with comp sci and math. I wish I hadn't been such a loser and had actually socialized. 22 now and I wish I could be 18.

A lot of people are in the same situation mate, my cuz graduated as an engineer with suma cum laude and he's cleaning apartments right now because he couldn't land a job. A lot of people are in a similar situation, I think as long as you are doing a job you can do and are a part of something, there's no reason to feel like your life may as well be over.

I couldn't even handle a busy McD's as a frycook so you can imagine my situation. Be proud of what you've accomplished

Don't kill yourself. What did you major in? What do you want out of life? Why did you want to drown yourself when you were 18? It sounds like this could be bigger than having a bad job. Probably would be best to seek professional help.

You're still 22, so what if you're not 18? I would be worried if I was 30 and you didn't go to college, never had a job or social life. At this point THEN you can worry all you want.

I didn't try to drown myself
I got caught in rapids trying to save a raft
I managed to pull myself to shore but I could have easily died that day
I was saying that I shouldn't have tried to save myself and just let myself drown

If you feel like your degree is worthless realize a lot more smarter people do too. I know math doctorates and shit who can't even find jobs it's bad.

It's your own fault.
If you got any STEM degree you should've been doing internships and had an offer before you graduated. I stayed an extra year just to get an internship and I got a great gig despite being a 2.3gpa no extra curriculars loser.
My advice is to not take a minimum wage labor job. Go out and find a help desk job or something and work your way up to like a sys admin. If you can't find a help desk job you're probably in some flyover shithole and you need to move.

Dude I have a PhD in chemistry

I have a postdoc job starting in July

I currently work in a box factory

Use your free time to job hunt, looking for real jobs takes effort. If you give up now and accept where you are you have only yourself to blame

I fucking knew I should have stayed another year but I ran out of money
I wasted 2 years being a physics major

Also yeah I can't find something like that and maybe it would be helpful to move but I don't have the money to move

Live out of your car if you have to.
You can either suffer for a year or for your entire life.

Realize that it's way more common than you think. Then hang in there, fight it out, and pull through. It's the beginning of a rough journey, but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CAR

>Realize that it's way more common than you think.
Oh that's real fucking helpful
Knowing there's people who are in my situation
The difference is I want to FUCKING DIE RIGHT NOW BUT I FEEL TOO MUCH GUILT LEAVING MY FAMILY WITH THE LOAN DEBT I HAVE TO STAY ALIVE LONG ENOUGH TO PAY THAT OFF

Quit being such a fucking drama queen
You made shitty retarded choices and you can't take them back

You didn't have to bankrupt yourself to go to college but you did, now you have to deal with that
Suck dicks or take your shitty minimum wage gig then get a car and move as soon as possible
You don't fucking kill yourself because you have a minor set back at 22 you fucking retard

It wasn't my choice

If I had any choice I wouldn't even be alive
My life was a mistake

Anyways I'm having trouble forcing myself to take my lumps
Calling me a drama queen ain't helping

Then do it pussy. I've gone from 60+k in debt with no job or car to 20k, still managing to support my family and go out on the weekends. If you're that much of a little bitch that you want to give up at the very beginning, quit whining on here and end it.

You won't. But you'll keep making excuses on how "impossible" it is.

If you really want to pay it off, you'll find a way just like I've been doing. If you don't, then you'll continue making excuses and complaining here. You're in charge of your own life man, it's up to you.

I'm having trouble forcing myself to do anything that would help pay it off
I'm struggling and no one's giving me anything useful here
I'm fucking crying over how useless I feel right now

> No one's giving me anything useful
We told you exactly what you need to do, suck it up and work your way out.
What did you expect? A richfag to just give you money and tell you to be ur self?
How do you expect anyone to hire some entitled little shit?

Work from home using the skills aquired using the diploma. That's what I do.

If I tried to get a job the usual way I wouldn't be able find one either, except for maybe flipping burgers.

You havw to work your way to success, and it's hard.

Alright well I'm already done with sucking it up and working my way out because I have to suck it up just to live everyday
I can't keep digging on the hope one day I can get out

>Wasted 5 years of his life
>Calls other people idiots

Attached: 1500507334603.png (540x405, 516K)

Yeah I probably shouldn't call them idiots given they're more useful than me

Don't keep digging on the hope of one day making it out. Make a fucking plan to get out. Quit wallowing in self pity and work more hours and search for a better job. Start saving for a vehicle.
You are 22 with a college degree and you act like your life is over. If you need to stay alive for your sister for whatever bs reason you have then may as well enjoy your limited time here on earth.
Too many people on here ask for advice when all they want is pity or be spoon fed some magic solution. I can almost guarantee if you post your zip code that 20 fags in here could find a better job than part time dishwasher. Reach in your pants, find your balls, walk outside and face life you bitch.

Mate just keep looking. I scraped through school and got a comp sci degree with a shit gpa. No internships or networking. Literally job searched for a month and was offered a software testing position for 60k a year. Been there just over a year now. Maybe polish up your resume and look up interview tips? I dunno why you would be having trouble.

Also I might be clueless in what else I could be looking for but getting help for that is harder than getting help for this

Well this certainly has dissuaded me from going the ComSci path just to get a job. I'll go to school for what actually interests me instead so I don't shit up the job market by being dispassionate and bad at my job.

Keep looking for jobs. Brush up on your resume and interviewing skills. There is hope here.

No you can
Just make sure you don't get a barebones degree like I did

There's no point
I'll never do get anything better

Learn Excel/Microsoft office and databases. Apply for an operations or analyst job. Any job that requires you to think extensively all day.

You'll be ok, OP. Life fucks rn but it's worth it to keep moving forward, even if it's difficult. You've made it this far, too late to call quits now. Stay safe.

Post anonymized resume. What is your location?

connections + comp sci degree = job

spamming indeed doesnt work

it’s actually very normal you fucking frog poster. are you going to grad school?