I'm in a difficult situation now, Jow Forums

I'm in a difficult situation now, Jow Forums.

Few days ago my girlfriend tried suicide by overdosing pills. Couldn't see that coming at all. When we were going to sleep, she started to be nauseos and weird. She went to throw up to the toilet. Still couldn't see that coming, I thought she is just sick. Eventually and fortunately she let me to know what was going on by pulling many empty medicine packs from the drawer. At this point I called an ambulance and they took her to hospital. She got out from the hospital and her moods have been like a rollercoaster after that, from being happy and loving to being completely apathetic.

Ok, few days forward to this day. This morning when we woke up, she started to be really cold and mean without any clear reason. She said many hurtful things, like how she hates me, she wants us to break up, that I don't really care about her and that I'm only helping her for my own conscience, and that I make her puke.

I tried to ask reason for her behavior and eventually she admitted, that she doesn't mean those things, just wants me to go away so she could kill herself peacefully and she wants me to hate her, so I couldn't feel so bad when she dies.

I'm feeling really contradictary feelings at the moment. I want to do everything to save her, but I really can't bear all those hurtful things she has said to me.

I can't just leave and let her die, or should I? What can I do? Call an ambulance? After that she will end up to a hospital and gets out quite fast. After that she has opportunity to kill herself again.

I'm the only close person she has around. She does everything for me to leave her, but I know that if I'm leaving now, she doesn't exist anymore in few days.

I know that many of you will judge for "putting my dick to a crazy", but it wasn't anything like that when we went together.

I'm lost. Sorry if I wrote confusingly.

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (852x480, 19K)

I don't have much advice for such a weughty scenario but: You really can't afford to have hurt feelings about the insulting things she said to you right now. For both of your sake. She's not in her right mind and she is trying to destroy yourself. You can't have your head muddled with petty feelings right now when the woman you love's life is on the line. Other than that I can't advise you.

destroy herself*

>where did I go wrong I lost a friend.
Do everything that's humanly possible to help her if you really love her.
You know I may say this since I'm not in your shoes but I've always considered that friends family and urself are the most important things in life.

>>Few days ago my girlfriend tried suicide by overdosing pills.
she's attention whoring you dipshit

Oh please. She used pills. That's just a cry for attention not a real attempt. OP should drop her. She sounds like a nightmare.

She's an adult and is responsible for herself. If you believe her not be, the only thing you can do is put in for involuntary committal. Either way, wash your hands of her. Or don't, you're an adult so I can't tell you what to do, either.

bpd detected
abandon ship immediately
she is 100% bluffing. she is irreparably mentally ill. she does not have the capacity to care for you in the way that you think you care for her. read up on this shit and get yourself out of there asap
t. voice of experience

I know it might sound like that, but before the night she tried to kill herself, she didn't show any clear marks of pain, which would draw my attention. We were watching netflix, listening good music, talking about future plans, making jokes. She obviously didn't want me to know what was going on. Even after she took the pills, she came calmly to bed with a smile on her face. But then she started to feel nauseous and rest you can read from the first paragraph of my 1st post.

Maybe she thought by using pills she would die in her sleep???

I don't know how to help OP, but it isn't your fault that she's trying to kill herself, never forget that

Your heart is in the right place by wanting to help her, but I don't know how to proceed here, maybe call the suicide hotline? They might point you to resources you may never have thought of

If she didn't want you to know, she would've gone off to some dark alley to take them, not crawl into bed with you hoping you'd wake up to her corpse. She's histrionic and you're not gonna change her. She's not your problem, or rather, she's your problem as long as you let her be. Get out, OP.

Calling the suicide hotline is a good idea, or try to get her into a psych ward

Seriously though, whats wrong with being honest about your feelings? How does that make her suicide attempt not as valid as someone elses?

I don't know if I want to give up so fast, because until this we have had great time and lots of memories.

I don't know, love is a blind feeling I guess.

Consider the hypothetical scenario where you break up. Ask yourself "Did I make the right choice?" Then consider this: how many people have you ever heard say "My wife was suicidal and self-ruinous but I perservered and we're together still." Now consider how many times you've heard "I once dated a psycho chick..."

The statisitcial fact is that these relationships don't work out to any aignificant degree, it's only a matter of time before A) she dies, B) she leaves YOU, C) you have enough and leave, or D) you're back here two months from now asking the same shit.

I will consider breaking up with her, but I can't do it in this situation. I still love her and I want to help her. Even we can't be together, she might find help for her problems.

Why life is such a big pile of shit?

best for her:
get her sectioned. secetly record her admitting she did it, preferably on video.

best for you:
just leaving.

actually helping her might result in her being very mad at you. she needs to be sectioned and to stop abusing/traumatizing you. you’re forgetting about yourself because of some primitive mating bond. you probably don’t want to get her sectioned because it’ll be bad for your relationship.

but she is not well. she’s not even using effective methods, which shows she’s irrational and/or stirring up drama. instead, she should be getting help. it’s actually very insane and shitty to everyone, including herself.

Bruh her mental conditions are beyond you alone. Take her to a therapist, she needs extensive help.

Don't break up with her, she may not admit it but it's likely she needs your presence to pull through this.

The advice on this is quite pragmatic, but remember your emotions are attached to this person. In a case like this you have to try and fulfill everything on your end before you call quits.

I would say that if you do all that you can, you can at least prove to yourself that you did love her if you choose to decide to leave.

Please do get her to see a therapist.

See you in two months

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's a lot like what happened between my ex and me.
It's like they turn into a totally different person, and the old them is dead.
Your situation might turn out different. I don't know what she has. I'm not a shrink.
She might need a combo of pills, and it can take a lot of trial and error to find the right one.
I don't know to what lengths she'll go to try to drive you away. My ex did the whole "I wish you would hate me" thing and went from name-calling and insulting to stealing my money and cheating.
Don't forget to take care of yourself too. If it comes to the point where she's refusing to help herself again and again and harming you in the process, I think that's where you should draw the line and leave or at least get out of regular contact.
Cliche, but you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

She even cheated on you? That's rough, after all this help and support you gave to her.
I think that kind of stuff is over the maximum I can bear. It's hard to care about a person, who hurts you intentionally.
Thanks for this post, helps to know someone has had similar situation. It also made me consider if I want to take the risk.

Btw, did she killed herself eventually?

Nope. Threatened to so many times and once explicitly said, "I'm going to go kill myself" and drove off. I called the cops.
Ex came back and told the cops that were waiting there that I was lying. I was so fucking mad.

pretty bitchboy to take that abuse tbqh

Alright, I think I have ended up to a solution.

I will try to ask her home, try one last time to support her. If she refuses, I will call paramedics to take her to a mental hospital. Then I arrange myself out of her life.

Am I doing the right thing? I can't see any other solution, even I feel I'm betraying her.

-OP

yeah that sounds vague and non committal. you probably don’t want to call the police, because that’s would be painful, and bad for your relationship, even though it’s the right thing to do.

Is there anything else I can do? I want to avoid this, but I don't see any other solution. I can't think clearly anymore.

like I said the two most practical options are to call the police or to not deal with this anymore. anything else is servicing your feelings.

I would even say let someone commot suicide as it’s their right, but since they keep doing unsuccessful “attempts” and practically harassing you about it, it’s clear they’re behaving this way for a reaction.

and that’s when it’s time to call the police so they get behavioral treatment. who knows, maybe she’ll actually attempt, and how would you feel knowing you played games with the situation?

I just cant accept in my mind this situation. Yesterday she was so loving and caring. And in one night she turns to so hurtful and cold. I feel it's a bad dream. Fuck, life is hell.

The way she’s acting is about her, not you. Consider this a lesson learned. Modern society has a lot more behavioral problems and illness than it wants to see. The way to be free of this is to find a somewhat mentally healthy partner, it not better.

But it’s time to deal with the present. She can get better but only if it’s insisted that she does.

She has the option of admitting herself to a hospital, too.