Nuclear power for australia

I reckon Australia should have nuclear power because it's cheap and reliable. We don't have large earthquakes and have smart enough people not to press the wrong button, and if something did go wrong, nothing significantly bad would happen because it would build in the outback where all the Abos live. I live in Adelaide, and I am being raped my electricity prices 40-51 cents per KWH, plus in Adelaide, in summer it gets up to 45C to 48C consecutively all summer. Australia has tones of uranium deposits, and it would clean up our greenhouse gasses.

What do other Australians and countries think?

Attached: PgFsF01.jpg (2000x2000, 947K)

I firmly believe that every capital city should have a minimum of 4 2000MW gen 4 reactors. Plus every major regional center should have at least 1. Coastal areas should utilize the excess power to run massive desalination plants, big enough to produce enough water to supply all towns nearby and the rest pumped inland to irrigate drought areas and replenish water tables

we should use all that uranium to build a shit ton of nukes and Kim Jon Bazza the world

Thorium Reactors would be safer.

doesn't australia have the largest uranium one reserves in the world

you can't threaten to nuke china with a reactor

the prices are so high because of taxes. not because it costs so much to produce.

BUT MUH CHERNOBLAS AND HIROSHMAS

Attached: greenss.jpg (225x225, 7K)

the eternal boomer hates nuclear power, they see it as a step away from nuclear weapons (they lived their lives at the height of the cold war) and that's nothing to say of the fucking hippies and peacenik faggots who grew up in the 60s and 70s.

A rational answer would be the country doesn't have enough skilled people to run them (over the decades, most Australian nuclear scientists had to leave the country for work. attaching a massive stigma to it as a job)

You also have a shitty coal and gas industry who don't want nuclear or renewables and would fight opening up nuclear power.

Nuclear power is awesome though, great base load, we have an excess of uranium, we already have a large enough no-mans land to dump the waste in, or bury it in unused mines. Nuclear waste management has actually matured a lot into a streamlined process and monitoring.

Cheap power would fuel the Australian economy to be more competitive and allow for a higher level of living.

Douchebags want renewables (which will end up being more expensive than nuclear, have no baseload, pollute just as much (given the materials needed to build the solar/wind farms), and need constant maintenance for such lousy gains.

>not using thorium

I fucking hate commies so goddam much

You guys dont understand how this country works. Every decision in this country is designed to fuck over the country incrementally.
If you have a good idea it will never happen. Only bad ideas are accepted because everything has to be ratcheting up the sufferring.

No faggot Australia is a shithole

Yes, and for some fucked up reason we choose to sell it and not use it for ourselves. I hate my country sometimes ...

can you keep your niggerbirds out of it?

Attached: bogan.jpg (1148x746, 102K)

the mining lobby are preventing nuclear power

You realise we already tried and the CIA coup'd our PM, right?
We even dug the foundations for it.

RIP Gough Whitlam.

How's that "superpower" status coming along, Sanjeev?

Nuclear power has always, always been the best option.
There's a massive psyop against it because it rivals the oil industry and the oil is literally dictating our economy.

I sound like a shill but I'm unironically serious about it.
If you want to know more search for "Pandoras Promise" on youtube which explains how it all came to pass (And learn about Thorium; a richer, more abundant material for fission that's being largely ignored because it doesnt produce nuclear weapon).

Have any information on it? not that I doubt it for a second.. it's just that I only have seen sources of this being true for Big Oil.

Just look into why Whitlam was ousted as PM.
Combination US foreign policy/keeping Aus needing to be an ally and pressure from the mining lobby in Australia.

Also some Abos denied them mining rights worth a few billion in uranium, most based thing the coons have done.

Absolutely we should, we've a country that is almost entirely ALREADY uninhabitable geologically stable etc the easiest of easy modes and we cant work out how to make that work with power plants that might return it to the state it already is if there's a meltdown.

why not ? can't you just drop a nuclear reactor with a plane in the middle of Beijing ?

I think you're not in the position to say what country is or isn't a shithole considering pavements full of human shit is a glance through your own window away

>Douchebags want renewables (which will end up being more expensive than nuclear, have no baseload, pollute just as much (given the materials needed to build the solar/wind farms), and need constant maintenance for such lousy gains.

This. Renewable dip shits never mention the words 'cobalt' and 'lithium'

we don’t have the skills to build it, run it, or decommission it, it’s too expensive to build or decommission, and no one will want it anywhere near them.

Really should just burn coal. The way things are the entire nuclear power plants would be imported, probably from Korea or China, the builder and maintenance foreigners would skim so operating economics will be fucked. Always better to be at the center of cost creation. Don't start talking about an indigenous design AU can't build cars and I think about the most complex locally designed thing is a ferry.

Also because it takes 5 to 10 years to build a power plant, and it has to close in 40 to 60 years depending on how it was projected
Plus nowadays it would be necessary to build it to withstand terrorist attacks (e.g. some concrete dome able to withstand an airplane crashing into them) which makes the initial investment even higher
Basically you have to be sure to make a lot of revenues (maybe it's better to build one plant with big capacity right away) in the limited time you have after it's done

>dig lake from ocean to middle
>build nuclear plant at end
>steam = irrigation for outback

Attached: 275AF626-C037-44D6-A752-3D9DC2A242FF.jpg (554x554, 47K)

We don't need nuclear weapons all we need is a holiday around the world.

Attached: 1542881732819.jpg (960x665, 101K)

>we don’t have the skills to build it, run it,
Except for the reactors we've had running for 60 years