Why aren't you Catholic?

You realize Christianity, Catholicism in particular, is the answer to the lifestyle you're looking for? Marry a virgin, raise beautiful white babies, and send them to a private Christian school free of political indoctrination? You don't have to pretend to be friends with Jews? Don't get caught up in degenerate lifestyles? Being involved in a community with values that actually make the West a better place?
After being an atheist for years, I wish I had someone help me understand the truth earlier. I'm hoping I can help you the way I wish someone helped me.

Attached: 54dae358048c8_-_ingrid-bergman-092208-def.jpg (240x312, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_of_the_Virgin
youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo
youtube.com/watch?v=lhH2z3Ub7GA
youtube.com/watch?v=O8NObY_idZY
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pope is a Marxist. If the head is rotten, the body can't be healthy.

I don't like washing nigger feet

Because I dont want to worship Mary.

>Picking a middle eastern religious cult

Give 10% of your income so the guy up front telling you what to do can afford to pay off the family of the kid he's fucking

Ehh, in past centuries the random pleb didn't even know what the pope's birth name was, never mind what he was doing or saying on a daily or weekly or even yearly basis. Seeing everything through the lens of a fast and often (inaccurate) news cycle is vicious and distorts one's perception of everything. The current pope has his flaws like all people, but in the end he's just one guy who like everyone else will be judged.

why do protestants like to worship circumcision?

Blessed and Marypilled.

Attached: ccc3034ac8899854afb4c6962c5dca5f.jpg (478x600, 62K)

we are not pedophiles

BECAUSE YOU ARE LITERAL BRAINLETS AND DON'T UNDERSTAND THEOSIS
YOU ARE LITERALLY TURNING UNDERSTANDING OF GOD INTO LOTR AUTISMOID FANTASY THAT ISN'T EVEN SELF CONSISTENT
CATHOLICISM IS LITERALLY ORTHODOXY FOR BRAINLETS

Because if there was a god and he loved me he wouldn't have made my life a living hell by being a mentally ill black person in a shithole

Protestants are even more fucking dumb than Catholics.
Not only do you get metaphysics wrong, but you also decide to throw any and all sensible metaphysics out of your religion because you are literally to dumb to understand anything more complex than the basic ten commandments.

can someone be a good christian and bump my thread

Francis is a departure from what Catholicism used to stand for, the teaching of the Catholic church haven't changed with him in charge.
Then don't.
Mary is a cultural symbol for human purity, understanding her is important to understanding ourselves.
Straw man. Explain how this Middle Eastern religious cult has given more to the world than any other faith.
It's not required that you give 10% of your income to the church, I don't know anyone who does that. 10% of your income to charity, though, is a good idea and will make your life better. In terms of the molestation from Catholic priests, I agree it's totally fucked up, but these people are not worthy to call themselves a part of the church. This isn't Islam, Christianity does not support this type of behavior; on the contrary, it pioneered efforts against sexual abuse and child marriages. It receives a lot of media attention though, so the idea that all priests are abusers is a popular one these days despite how untrue it is.

That's a poor argument that entails a very short-sighted conception of the problem of evil. After all, if you lived a life of material wealth and health you wouldn't cite that as proof of God's existence because it is all stuff that won't last.

Suffering is an opportunity to draw closer to God because God is very close and in suffering some worldly distractions fall away. But in your darkness you have to reach out to God to find him. It is only by suffering that I realized I was beloved, and once I realized that I was humbled and filled with amazing gratitude, joy, and love because of it. God does love you, friend. Begin praying regularly and seek to draw nearer to God and over time you will see great changes in your heart. The Jesus prayer is a great prayer even if it doesn't make sense to you in the beginning. I'm going to sleep now, but I will remember you in my prayers. Don't give up. God is love and it is very near.

The very fact that you mentioned getting closer to God means that your experience is in orthodox metaphysics and not Catholic Aristotleian mental mess

>op claims to know anything about catholicism
I grew up hardline catholic, I grew up with exactly the belief system you described and you know what? My family are the only people I know who believe. I bailed for Orthodoxy largely because catholics these days are literal atheists who believe not a single word of what they hear in church and live hedonist lifestyles just like everyone else.

>marry a virgin
>have white babies
L M A O
M
A
O

As someone that was raised and baptized into Roman Catholicism I can safely say that it's actual worship.

I would be but the Pope is a commie

BECAUSE THAT WOMAN WILL NEVER HAVE BABIES!

Attached: cross those legs jesus.jpg (465x508, 55K)

You don't have to be Orthodox to get closer to God.
I grew up Catholic and bailed on it for several years myself because of that same dissonance; I assumed nobody actually believed it and it was nonsense to begin with. Once I started getting involved in the community at my current church I was proven very wrong. There are believers, and they're right. Who gives a fuck if there are Catholics who don't practice what they preach? That doesn't make Catholicism itself wrong. What's more, Catholics are a part of the true church of God, the one and only church Jesus properly gave authority to.

Do you understand that Christianity is process of THEOSIS? I pray that you didn't just switch to orthodoxy in name but in internal understanding too.

You have to be orthodox to understand what happened when you got closer to God, because otherwise your mind imagines borderline pagan analogies of what said reality is.

>You don't have to be Orthodox to get closer to God.
No you have to be a viking because God is a Germanic word for Odin, Godin, Godan, Wod, God.

Your bible demon is called "El". That's what Jesus called him.

Attached: elohim.jpg (474x379, 42K)

Idol worshipers.

30 iq literal brainlet that can't grasp any concept more complex than a whip and a carrot.

>That doesn't make Catholicism itself wrong.
"Waah I'm the only one who believes" is not the full length of the story. It was the event that prompted me to research history in great detail, which in turn brought me to Orthodoxy.

What does make sense to me is that God is a person (not in the human sense of course, but he does have a mind and personality of his own) and Orthodoxy treats him like one, instead of as essentially a set of rules on paper the way the West does. Am I on the right track? Still have yet to become a catechumen because I still live in hardline catholic family's basement and I don't want to bite the hand that's feeding me

I'm not a paedophile

I was. But I see the weakness in Catholics and decided to leave.

Attached: 1504504019907.jpg (600x576, 65K)

Catholics would be ok if they didn't have a pope

Popes can't change the sacraments my friend. They can pass on doctrines which can always be changed in the next papacy. Pope francis has at most more 10 years

The Catholic Church is not the same as your Orthodox Church trust me Pope John Paul II worshiped Mary more then Jesus and when the Soviet Union fell, The Catholics said Mary did it instead of God or Jesus Christ.

Can you read people's mind my friend? Or do you believe cognition can't be used to reach the divine?
Stop being retarded you fucktard, you don't even know what you are talking about

Attached: Santo Expedito (4).jpg (800x1022, 103K)

Cringe. Imagine thinking you’re going to marry a virgin from joining the catholic church. Mostly spics follow this religion anyways.

t. Joe the redneck from inland kansas

If we didn't have a Pope, we would be protestants therefore we wouldn't follow the apostolic succession therefore we wouldn't be following Christ's word

Orthodoxy has apostolic succession without a pope

>not having a pope means not having apostolic succesion

Yes, they do. And? What is your point? They still follow a centralized doctrine among themselves, different from protties

>if we didn't have a pope there would be no apostolic succession
>you don't need a pope for apostolic succession

Attached: thumbs_up.jpg (768x768, 114K)

Don't know what Catholics turning Mary into a mother goddess with vactican approved fertility cults has to do with anything you're talking about

Do you understand what centralized doctrine means?
How can you tell that people think Mary is a God? Can you read people's mind my friend? Or do you believe cognition can't be used to reach the divine?

Brothers remember say no to the ecumenical movement which the Catholic Church is pushing for. Do not be unequally yoked not all churches believe the same thing. The Western churches both Catholic and Protestants have been corrupted.

Spic

>spics=catholic
So you're saying the religion has it's own labor force. Sounds good.

yes but how is it relevant? Why can't yall be like the orthodox and just have bishops instead of one big bishop and a ton of """"bishops""""?

Because I have no interest in Semiramis.

Tell the Catholics that Gregory the Great refused to be called Pope and thought that it went against Church doctrine.

It’s only latin american spics and the shittiest european countries that are catholics

>yes but how is it relevant?
Totally relevant as they follow as well a central authority, but instead of focusing on a pope and cardinals, they focus on the patriarchates. It's literally the same, as they can't pass on their doctrine without being in full communion with each other. Recently the Russian Patriarchate is fighting with Ukraine and the Constantinople Patriarchate, basically causing a Schism among the same Orthodox Church. That's what it's all about. They have their own "pope" but in a less centralized way. It's completely different from the Protestants which anyone can call whatever they want

Because of how they treat her in the church. The prayers, the official writings, etc...

John Paul 2 prayed to Mary when he got shot for example. Vactican approved teachings tell you that Mary is the queen of heaven and it's co-ruler.

>Because of how they treat her in the church. The prayers, the official writings, etc...

but there is no pope, no central authority. Communion between churches is different from papal domination. Even patriarchs don't have the same authority over the bishops in their area. Technically, the patriarch has no more theological authority than your local bishop. This is starkly constrasting to the papal model, where the pope has absolute theological authority.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_of_the_Virgin

As proof of queen of heaven thing

I am a practising Christian, thank goodness. :)

So that they would be indoctrinated to be conservative NPCs instead of making them to think by themselves? Please, no.

>Praying to her means she is God
Ridiculous
>Vactican approved teachings tell you that Mary is the queen of heaven and it's co-ruler.
She is the Queen of Heaven as she was bestowed with unlimited Grace from God, hence she has a purity without parity in the temporal world, that doesn't mean she is God. Catholics pray for virtuous figures as they see God in them and use them as a way to get in touch with the Divine, hence why you can pray to Virgin Mary. Because Jesus when he was alive he was also a Human therefore he could also use rationality to reach the Divine, and that is the whole difference from protestants, as they only value sola scriptura which doesn't have a word saying that Jesus was anything but the Truth incarnated in the Flesh
There isn't a central authourity, but a Central Body of Patriarchs, if one patriarch goes against the rest, a schism happens. You could say that the Pope can reveal dogmas and other shit, the council of patriarchs can do the same m8, it isn't decentralized as protestants. Also the Pope can't do everything he wants m8, he can only reveal dogmas, which means he can interpret and adapt the word of Christ to the recent times

Attached: virgem-maria.jpg (750x500, 61K)

can the pope dismiss a bishop?

Because there is only one way to Heaven frens

Attached: 1540337479248m.jpg (1024x681, 245K)

Yes, but he can only do so if they have a canonical law reason to do so, it's not within the tradition of the church

> Because I dont want to worship Mary.

So you have no love for the woman who gave birth to Jesus Christ ? No respect for the loving care she gave to Jesus ? No admiration for the fact that God chose her for this task because of her immaculate heart ?
Where Christ is our Savior , Mary is our Mother
She intervenes in our struggle against the forces of evil by praying for us and salving our wounds with her kindness and even warning us of Impending doom.
The warnings from her Appearance at Fatima brought Russia out of Communism and back to Christianity

Attached: VictoryDayParadeMoscow.gif (640x360, 2.19M)

This particular body changes heads every now and then and history shows it already had a few awfull ones. It survived nonetheless. Perhaps this is not a good analogy for the analysis you want to make.

what happens if a pope does so without canonical reason? Who will stand up to him? Who will schism with him? The other half-bishops?

>fatima
Russia will never be Catholic m8, they hate Rome's guts.

that's true, but did you reject the Presidentital Institution after Obama won?
frienldy reminder that papal infallibility is a meme.

Why pray to her when there is supposed to be one god.

You ignored the co ruler part (the mercy half of heaven according to the Vatican) and ignored the whole crowning her part. It's not supposed to be symbolic and it only starts to appear after the schism.

>what happens if a pope does so without canonical reason? Who will stand up to him? Who will schism with him? The other half-bishops?
There is something called anti-pope in history m8. Also you say that as if canonical law was something easy to get around lmao. Also love the fact that you are using the calvinist method of keep on questioning people into shame. Are you truly orthodox? Cause if you were, you would be ashamed with the current state of the Russian Patriarchate nowadays.

Because I dont want to get raped.

Underage pls

>joining a church full of slutty chicks and beaners run by pedophiles and lead by a marxist worshipping a dead jew
Sounds a little cucky to me m8

Bible belter here, I understand its what your church teaches and I have a lot of admiration for her as well as your church. Love too.

But my issue is that the Bible doesn’t contain any verses on praying to her. I love her and I hope to meet her in heaven and worship alongside her(wouldn’t that be great) but I don’t see praying to her in there at all.

>you would be ashamed of the current state of the russian patriarchate
possibly only because they like driving around in expensive cars and stuff. Many of them are corrupt, but oh well, what can we do? Isn't every church like that (wink wink)?

>calivinist method of questioning people into shame
what? I'm using the socratic method to show that the catholic church is a dictatorship of the pope, and you legitimize the pope's actions rather than cross-checking them against canon.

>being sola scriptura

>They can pass on doctrines which can always be changed in the next papacy. Pope francis has at most more 10 years

It's going to get substantially worse for you people from here. Francis appoints the Cardinals who choose his replacement after he dies.

Catholicism sends people straight to hell anyway, and 99% of the Catholics I've met are unsaved and think they're going to Heaven because someone sprinkled water on their head as a baby and because they're abiding, faithful members of the One True Church™. Repent, and believe the Gospel.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo

youtube.com/watch?v=lhH2z3Ub7GA

youtube.com/watch?v=O8NObY_idZY

Attached: Luke-Chapter-11-12.jpg (660x999, 157K)

protestantism is the more liberal version of what you just described, my dude.

Sweetheart most Catholics vote Democrat.

because most catholics in the US are beaners. Catholics in Europe are redpilled af

when I went to spain, they were pretty degenerate there. Are you sure about that one, Jose?

Because Jews.

>Why pray to her when there is supposed to be one god.
Because of the humanity of Christ, also the figures and statues are supposed to be used to get in touch with the divine, therefore you might take a liking towards some saint's life or the virtuous path of some of them, therefore venerate them and follow their steps as something towards the divine, Saints/Virgin Mary are used as a bridge of temporal life towards the spiritual life. Catholicism is much more complete for that reason, as it takes human rationality and the shaping of mankind's virtue and good deed in a centralized way
>You ignored the co ruler part (the mercy half of heaven according to the Vatican) and ignored the whole crowning her part.
Yes and? Does that makes her a God m8? She is crowned as the Queen of Heaven as she gave birth to temporal salvation of mankind she was also the one that gave the birth towards Jesus which was basically an overflow of the Holy Spirit and which spread towards non-believers and gave birth to the church, which is a temporal chain of this flowing of the Holy Spirit, hence why the church is called the Wife of Jesus, or the Body of Jesus, as they are bestowed by the Jesus-head (Jesus himself) to pass on the Holy Spirit by the Jesus-Body (Catholic Church)
>what? I'm using the socratic method to show that the catholic church is a dictatorship of the pope, and you legitimize the pope's actions rather than cross-checking them against canon.
PFFFFTT, you don't even know what that means my friend, also it isn't a dictatorship as the pope is limited by the Bible, Canonic Law and Apostolic Tradition himself, it's ridiculous thinking he is a dictator, he can't destroy the sacraments.
>Isn't every church like that (wink wink)?
No, it isn't. Since the catholic church is its own country it doesn't need to pander to president of their own country

>It's going to get substantially worse for you people from here. Francis appoints the Cardinals who choose his replacement after he dies.
Funny as most of the Cardinals nowadays were chosen by John Paul II
Do you believe in the Humanity of Christ, therefore his ability to perceive God in everything?

No, most are Irish and Italian.

First of all, my name is Javier.
Second of all, people here are degenerate precisely because they are not catholic. Spain is one of the most atheist countries on earth. And it happended in 20 years.
Even I don't believe in god, but I wish people pretended to be catholic so society wouldn't be a pile of steaming shit.

your church has corruption scandals, and the globalists control your pope too. I would rather be controlled by Putin than soros tbqh.

>pope can't destroy the sacraments
>pope is limited by the bible, canonic law, and apostolic tradition
>but pope has the power to change any of those as well
so what was Vatican 2 then?

literally because of the pope

I'm counting the days until that argentinian communist dies and goes to hell.

The Roman Catholic Church, especially the Vatican ii,is a pagan counterfeit knockoff pagan religion that mocks Christianity and blasphemies the Lord

Attached: 1525916823326.jpg (1512x2016, 1.13M)

The same reason I'm not a satanist.

ok Javier, when are the Falangists (or their discount version: CEDA) finally end this shit?

soon (pic related)

Attached: nazi_modric.png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

Catholic festivals have beer sponsorships and hot drunk sluts looking to fuck. That's what made me convert from Baptist bullshit.

>your church has corruption scandals, and the globalists control your pope too.
I find it funny that even tho the Globalists control the pope, Pope Francis is losing power day by day, to the point that even some low-ranked Cardinals and Benedict XVI is standing up against them
>I would rather be controlled by Putin than soros tbqh.
I would rather be controlled by none, funny as you see Putin as the least evil, when I am sure you can only say that due to KGB propaganda and not really to the NazBol ideologies which I think you can't honestly understand them
>so what was Vatican 2 then?
An ecumenical council, I honestly think you don't know what that means, and you are honestly desperate to pull out that card

the catholic church is everything jesus preached against. your infallible king pope defends pedophiles and communism from his golden palace.

jesus was an anarchist party animal, retard

M8 I don't know know who you are trying to fool here. As I stated before I grew up as a Roman Catholic and what you guys do is worship. When your posts now are creepy and are boarder line worship

Pope Paul IV, Bull Cum ex Apostolatus Officio, Feb. 15, 1559: “6. In addition, [by this Our
Constitution, which is to remain valid in perpetuity, We enact, determine, decree and
define:] that if ever at any time it shall appear that any Bishop, even if he be acting as an
Archbishop, Patriarch or Primate; or any Cardinal of the aforesaid Roman Church, or, as
has already been mentioned, any legate, or even the Roman Pontiff, prior to his
promotion or his elevation as Cardinal or Roman Pontiff, has deviated from the
Catholic Faith or fallen into some heresy:
(i) the promotion or elevation, even if it shall have been uncontested and by the
unanimous assent of all the Cardinals, shall be null, void and worthless;
(ii) it shall not be possible for it to acquire validity (nor for it to be said that it has thus
acquired validity) through the acceptance of the office, of consecration, of subsequent
authority, nor through possession of administration, nor through the putative
enthronement of a Roman Pontiff, or Veneration, or obedience accorded to such by all,
nor through the lapse of any period of time in the foregoing situation;
(iii) it shall not be held as partially legitimate in any way…
(vi) those thus promoted or elevated shall be deprived automatically, and without need
for any further declaration, of all dignity, position, honour, title, authority, office and
power…

What Francis Really Believes (4th Edition)
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE

Attached: 1542133361999.jpg (878x599, 247K)

Yeah because an anarchist tells you to pay taxes

you've never read the gospel's you retarded faggot

>you don't understand what X is
>you don't know what Y is

>vatican 2 was an ecumenical council
that allowed clown mass? More like an anti-council

>putin is KGB therefore I'm brainwashed
Putin objectively made the lives of many russians better by cleaning up crime and allowing at least some form of business to work, getting Russia out of a 10 year long wild era. I think that's a Christian virtue

>pope francis is losing power day by day
and? he's still pope, and how much power do you think low-ranked cardinals actually have?

>As I stated before I grew up as a Roman Catholic and what you guys do is worship
Then again, can you read people's mind? Have you taken the RCIA? Have you taken the first communion? How do you expect to say shit about the church, when you don't even understand about it? If any fucktard like you could simply demoralize the church into saying it is pagan, why have the church survived for 2000 years?

Attached: 1543100652508.jpg (611x605, 72K)

taxes are part of nature, you tiny twink.
gospels isn't possessive, you fat gay.