General Motors hate thread

Just let these fuckers die. These fuckers are constantly extorting the government for free money. Fuck these fuckers! Government bailed them out last time with tax dollars now they are crying again.

Fucking if you can't swim just fucking die. We are not your fucking caretaker you fucking fuck!

Attached: gm_logo.png (445x445, 34K)

there not asking to be bailed out again
people just stopped buying their cars

My friend got a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that needed a engine rebuild by 100,000 miles. Total trash.

GOOD, their cars are literal trashcans. If nobody wants to buy your overpriced trashcans you should go extinct. No more fucking bailouts.

Go to hell!

Why did we let them get away with this.

Attached: Pacific-Electric-Red-Cars-Awaiting-Destruction.gif (696x434, 172K)

Nigger mobiles

That's probably because he forgot to put oil in it.

fucking commie piece of shit

checked. this is the exact reason. their cars are shit with low resale value.

its literally run by some minority woman now

Found the (((Lolbertarian))). Go suck corporate dick more, Jew scum.

Attached: libJew.jpg (2000x1140, 127K)

The only vehicles GM sells worth buying are the Sierra/Silverado, Tahoe/Yukon, and the Corvette. The first two are just the same vehicles rebadged. Nothing but a GM V8 is worth buying at this point.

Agreed

>That's probably because he forgot to put oil in it.
Sorry fren, I said its a Chevy not a Toyota.

b-but what about muh new buick?

Attached: 560235347632315432032360354301735423154233203652054230524233141543.jpg (1000x600, 161K)

I don't think you understand.

They aren't crying about their buisness being good. Their business is doing so good, they can buy a bunch of machines to do the jobs humans used to, and open new factories overseas.

Their share prices shot up 7% when they announced the layoffs.

Woman should be used to sell car, not run company. Silly mutts.

Attached: 56364543556.jpg (793x525, 142K)

i am going to be sad to see the Z06 go, but I would rather own a 1963 stingray anyway

Their business is SOOOOO GOOD! That's why the (((Obama))) had to bail them out during the last recession. Fuck off kike.

Name cars made in mexico and then spread the meme not to buy them.

Sadly zoomers and millenooners don't buy cars so it has be spraed via chain emiails to boomers.

>rebadged Opel

no thanks

GM fucking sucks. If you want to buy American, buy Ford.

Attached: 1487041727158.gif (226x224, 180K)

That was 10 years ago.

I don't recall the last time a corporation threatened to throw me in jail for decades if I didn't hand over 30% of my income to them for absolutely jack shit in return.

Just suck it up buttercup
GM will always receive a bailout and there's absolutely nothing you stupid peasant cashcows can do about it!

Henry Ford would mass shoot Ford HQ if he saw how globalist the company Is today.

You morons.

Attached: x2g6qp4.jpg (807x570, 38K)

They are closing plants in a restructuring. GM isn't selling as many cars, and selling more trucks and SUVs. That is where their main focus will be.

It's called "good business". and the "bottom line". GM isn't in major trouble. And businesses are not fucking charities.

And they will beg for gibs again during the next recession. This company is a fucking leech. The personification of Jewery.

And this is a good thing. Why pay a bunch of alcoholic high school dropouts forty five bucks an hour to turn a wrench because MUH UNIONZ, when automation is a better alternative?

>not rebooting the Grand National

all these anons who drive riceburners...

THE EVIL HOST NATION! IT DOESN"T WANT ME TO DO USURY ON THE GOYS! I MUST USE THE EVIL HOST NATION TO GIVE ME FREE GIBS USING TAX PAYER DOLLARS! BOO EVIL HOST NATION!

LABOR ZIONISM NOW! DESTROY THE EVIL HOST NATION SO THAT WE CAN COMMIT USURY TO OUR HEART'S CONTENT WITHOUT PUNISHMENTS!

Attached: moses hess.jpg (184x273, 7K)

Funny coming from a Jap. If you want to buy American, buy Toyota... seriously.

My ex gf had an equinox, you had to remove a transmission mount to add oil the the transmission and it was prone to blowing head gaskets. Fuck GM

One of the worst designed cars in history. My sister had either a 2007 or 2008 that needed a recall for ignition switch failure that could shut the engine off while driving. Fucking pieces of shit.

Posting my GM.

Attached: BCE39D8A-CCDE-4C2B-92AF-23A8B6FE4B05.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Even I could build a better car than that trash.

Attached: 554654654.jpg (660x363, 36K)

Oh yeah?

Attached: hbb5785940.jpg (1280x720, 289K)

>Nothing but a GM V8 is worth buying at this point.
For sure.. GM cant overhead cam

Ford understood he needed people who could afford to buy his cars.

Thats not true, the 3.6L V6 is a great block, with DOHC and VVTI, their pushing out over 300 HP with better gas mileage.

Shit vehicles, shit working environment, treats workers like shit, depends on bailouts because shit.

GM=Literal Shit??

Agreed. After already being bailed out, they can't stay solvent? Maybe, just maybe, try making cars people want to actually fucking purchase and the problem will be solved. It's not like people are stopping driving or driving less, so if you can't compete in the marketplace, you deserve to struggle until you pull your head out of your ass and start making the RIGHT decisions without thinking that big daddy government will be rushing in to save you from yourself and your bad decisions.

“My friend had a car that lasted over 10 years and needed to rebuild the engine because they don’t drive it enough and the seals failed”

Oh!

And I have a Lexus that is 18 years old and hit 300k miles with its original engine & transmission. I'm a mechanic and I will admit GM brings nothing but shame to the USA.

based aztek

Attached: its_a_cadillac.jpg (1600x900, 103K)

Yeah they do great in markets where they’re not considered cheap pieces of shit. They probably would be better off to take a break from the US market for a while and come back in as the #coolguy in 2020 or so. Maybe even with EVs, who gives a fuck.

Really their name is sullied in the US market for all of the 2005-2018 shitty $20k cars they made. Like Suzuki and recently Mitsubishi, you can burn your car brand by selling lots full of shit cheap cars, and wait 10 years and everyone will forget. Seriously, they will. People think they won’t and then you will see them at the dealership getting a photo with the keys in front of a new GM in 10 years.

I work at the one closing in Oshawa. AMA

My Toyota corolla 1997 has 350k km under its belt.
I haven't change the oil since mid last year and she's still running great. I've drove over rivers, climb mountain and tackle snow condition before. Never took to the mechanic once - and you need is a spanner and firm handshake to fix anything. On quiet days, you can faithly hear the warm wet moist sound of girls being turned on when driving pass.
You're an idiot if you choose American shitbox

Attached: 1280px-1997_Toyota_Corolla_(AE101R)_Advantage_Seca_5-door_hatchback_(2015-05-29)_01.jpg (1280x961, 242K)

This is actually an Opel and probably better than 99% of the domestic stuff GM shits out.

Even their trucks are disgustingly cheap and they ask 70k for a lot of models now.

Looks like they were ripping off the look of the gen1 Camaro

You are a certified dumbass.

Obamba didn’t have to bail them out, they just got caught with their pants down. It happens to companies all the time. The market tightened up when they were planning on it loosening up.

The only reason they got a bailout is because Obongo had the checkbook out and said fuck it, you want some too? He was looking for anybody to give a fucking handout to. Your problem isn’t GM, your problem is the monkey.

Nice bogan buggy you fuckin drugger.

Shot up because even post bankruptcy they are still sized too large for their chunk of the domestic market.

Buick should have been toast in the US back in 2009 along with the other car brands they canned.

They still have overcapacity in cars, this move by Mary Barra helps alleviate that while they are healthy and making money.

Yes.

Some shit happened with Holden in aus and opel in eu bailed out over and over took the money and ran just like they did now in usa
Ford Mitsubishi and Toyota did the same thing

That car (AMC Javelin) and the company have a pretty fascinating history to be honest. And yes, AMC was playing catch up a little too late in the muscle car wars with it.

Based and redpilled.

The amount of cars that have ignition switch recalls or recalls in general that are dangerous is practically 100%. If you actually believe the ignition switch recall means the car sucks, you are probably an retard.

Bad designed cars all get a clockwork failure that puts them in the junkyard at like 80k miles +/- 5k. That’s the sign. Not a fucking recall. Go check the recalls on whatever car you have right now, guarantee there are a few and I wouldn’t be shocked if one was for the ignition.

What happens to you afterwards?

The great recession caught everyone and everything with it's pants down. The auto bailout was actually initiated by Bush and continued and completed by Obama.

Sergio Marchionne (RIP) and Fiat made out like fucking bandits knabbing Chrysler in it. Bondholders got fucked up the ass.

Opel a cute

Attached: IMG20180511132556-01.jpg (2481x1096, 1.04M)

nah, those things had a bad timing tensioner. Its a $30 part that takes 20 minutes, covered by recall.

Plebs are plebs though. There is a higher percentage of cobalts and cavaliers still on the road than corollas or civics.

I'm sure you can think of all the beat-to-shit cavaliers driven by single moms that somehow keep smoking along.

>thinks GM isn’t solvent
>they’re literally slaying in China

Attached: image.jpg (500x750, 342K)

Your government basically ensured it was impossible to have a domestic manufacturing industry for cars by not enacting protections against every shit-tier Asian country dumping cheap shit in your market.

Once a country loses domestic manufacturing and talent to engineer cars like Holden and Ford (and to an extent Toyota) it's hard to get it back.

Holden made some damn good shit.

Go on unemployment and look for a new job. Luckily I'm young so it shouldnt be hard. I feel bad for the guys with 20 years who will never get hired now but no pension.

This, Caddy and Buick are the "must-have" luxury car in China.

Not krautboxes, not rebadged Toyotas.

Fullsize trucks in the US and China are what GM actually is.

GM's reliance on China should concern everyone. Same with Volkswagen.

I know it's made yamaha/lotus heads or some shit but it's been done

Attached: images(30).jpg (617x497, 49K)

Comparing a Lexus to a GM w.r.t. reliability is like comparing a nuke to a balled up piece of paper. 10 years is kill for most non-Lexus cars today, Toyota’s name brand included.

Yep, China will be keeping all the sedan models Cadillac sells there because they buy them.

We will be left with the Escalade and XT pieces of shit here.

That car is more American than any Mexican built "domestic" you pleb.

If they weren't so heavily subsidized by the japanese government they would cost 50% more and noone would have ever bought one. They're quality because they're built by Americans.

Thanks mate I always liked foldens and falcuntdores
Also this aftermarket boat engine

Attached: images(32).jpg (660x465, 26K)

>These fuckers are constantly extorting the government for free money
The government is constantly extorting you for "free" money; GM doesn't extort the state, they lobby politicians personally in order to give them your "public" money.

You're the one who gets fucked and you're the only loser.

Soon robits will be doing everything. Get used to it

So is gm gonna go the (Holden) route and import cheap shit from China Asia etc? Or no because of the tariffs?

>Heavier, more rotating wear components, dimensionally larger, more expensive, more difficult to manufacturer, proven less reliable.
>But muh extra 1mpg

If you want more power on a pushrod, you add boost - you get to keep the reliability.

.t 1.5m kilometre never rebuilt 5.3 vortec owner

We know who the market is for the Escalade in the US

Attached: image.jpg (620x400, 229K)

Yea the LT5 from the 93-96 Corvette ZR1. Was a dual overhead cam motor.

I hate how they made the new camaro look like last years accord. They can go bankrupt for all I care.

Attached: CVA.png (1336x334, 825K)

Who here /toyota/?

Elon didn’t we tell you to get the fuck out and stay out, you greasy bastard?

Model 3 “production hell” STILL hasn’t met the targets, Tesla fuckbois BTFO

Robot assembly process will never happen. Henry Ford knew this back when he elected not to use robots on his assembly line.

>>Nothing but a GM V8 is worth buying at this point.
>For sure.. GM cant overhead cam

But why? Even now they have VVT, direct injection and the stock heads flow insanely well. They have even swapped the V8 into civics at this point

>You morons.

Both Obama and Trump try to help GM and them stupid fucks can't get their shit straight now both the unions and the white house are angry

Why is a v8 "more expensive and difficult to manufacture" - I thought the turbo shit they're forced to add to everything for the ridiculous fuel economy standard was way more expensive.

Cars would be cheaper if they didn't change the damn design every model year now.

Attached: bug.jpg (1200x799, 209K)

I drive a taco.

Nigger cars.

Luckily Chrysler was as worthless as Fiat and will always be. Just a shame that Jeeps are now made by Italian fags with curly mustaches who put stuff up their ass all day.

>I don't recall the last time a corporation threatened to throw me in jail for decades if I didn't hand over 30% of my income to them for absolutely jack shit in return

They just enslave you with debt for the rest of your life. Much better. They also cheat us and nickle and dime us every way they can. Lookup "shrinkflation".

Do you know what corporations do with toxic waste if there are no rules saying " dont dump it in the ocean". They fucking dump it in the ocean!
Know what they do when you say there's no labor laws or minimum wage? They enslave kids- like in China,India,Myanmar and alot of other places.
BE HAPPY YOU LIVE CORPORATE TYRANNY YOU ABSOLUTE DUMBFUCK!!

They probably were before tariffs.

That would be the dodge challenger tho.

Fuck GM.
I was done with them when they discontinued Pontiac.

Mmmm I mean it is possible
Maybe the new lt5? I don't go on /o/ anymore
Oic
Gm can still fuck off doe their non afm v8s are good but everything else is garbage glad most of my car is euro/aussie with a yank engine

Found the boomer

FiatChrysler makes bank right now.

Sergio was also smart enough to realize wasting money on developing and fielding cars in every segment was fucking stupid.

Pulled the plug on the 200/Avenger just two years into the cycle.

Ford followed suit by discontinuing all their cars except the Mustang.

Now GM is following suit.

All three companies are primarily truck companies and have been since the 90s when they started being en vogue.

Rip pontiac they did nothing wrong

GM sells something like ten Escalades (which are 80-100k a pop) for every one Cadillac sedan here.

The Escalade is also the most old school Cadillac-style Cadillac. All their cars are bumpy, noisy and try to be like BMW. The Escalade is just huge, has a nice wafty quiet ride and sounds good when you floor it.

Fuck off zoomer you can't handle 350rwhp and 400ftlb torque

Attached: images(33).jpg (640x480, 33K)