I'm going to start learning German because I have plenty of free time...

I'm going to start learning German because I have plenty of free time, think it sounds good and don't want to be a one language brainlet. I'm an Englishmen.

Before I start are there any good resources anyone can refer me to, any reason I shouldn't learn german, anything else I should learn instead? Just some basic advice please, anyone else tried and got very far?

Attached: DgZYEPNXkAA3aaU.jpg (1200x889, 168K)

When you learn their anthem motto, you will see the truth.

We are not dead yet

Attached: artworks-000249524633-ync2zt-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 44K)

dont learn a language you have no intention of actually using. It will be, quite literally, a waste of your time as you will forget it much faster than you learned it.

Mein Kampf

Ficki Ficki is all you need to know

You beat me to it.

It will be difficult, but if you stick with it, K recommend you actively try to speak it. Consider trips to germanic nations. Don't try to pick up a regional accent, go for standard (if possible, theater) german. It will sound best and you will be understood everywhere.

DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES
ÜBER ALLES IN DER WELT

Just pirate a copy of Rosetta stone and get the German language pack. Be careful because most versions floating about have virii. Bang through a load of that for vocab and retention. You will also need to practise key phrases and basic convo. Learning the top 100.most used words would be helpful too. If you are not going to risk tormenting RS then get a free trial of Babel and search for voucher codes. Just most importantly fuck off to Jow Forums with your non political thread.

this

Can you just put on the funny accent instead

You should learn it of youre genuinely interested in it. If not it will be a struggle, that is soon ended.

English and German are very similar, that you would find out very fast.

German is the language of love. Chicks dig being spoken to in German.

I took German in high school, it’s not at all a difficult language to pick up. Just get basic grammar down and the rest fills itself in pretty easily.
As for resources, dict.leo.org is the one I used the most. It’s just and English-German dictionary.

Lmao der amerikan ist ein klein juden kreatur hahahahha!!!

Oeine kinder ist schwarz und rund und nicht klug

I had a plan to study in Germany (electrical engineering). How long does it take to get into B2-C1 with normal-intense lesson? Right now, I only had learned by myself by A2 textbook and almost finished Duolingo for vocabulary.

Seine*

(Sorry learning german too)

I tried to learn the language by watching YouTube tutorials, listening to audio instructional guides and using a English-German Android dictionary app. Got bored tho after two weeks. So now the app stagnates on the phone.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-29-05-37-07-662_com.bravolang.dictionary.german.png (1080x2160, 113K)

Something I've been doing for the past two years is getting one German word or phrase a day and try to work it somehow into my workday, and I have a basic hold on the language.

Yeah the similarities I've already noticed just by listening to German speakers. Sometimes I can understand short phrases despite knowing nothing.
Possibly, i would like to visit germany though. Perhaps it'll come in handy for future jobs too. Not that I give too much of a shit about that. It would be nice just to be able to talk to more german people aswell though
Have read in english :) but I'm sure it'd open up avenues to more material
No doubt about that

Duolingo and YouTube Deutsch fur Euch.

TV series you find on YouTube after you've learnt the basics.

learn Russian you fucking retard
if worse comes to worse, g*rmany is going to be the one starting the war between the nigger-tier pozzed western euro war against the based and redpilled east euros and meds
you have no use for g*rman, you can at least help spread our ideas in Russian throughout East Euro countries that are more tolerant to our ideas
they have literally ruined europe 3 fucking times in 100 years, dont align with those faggots

Attached: 1529249018222.png (1186x889, 434K)

this, I never learned english in school but by actually using it

Rrrriiiight... Learn the language of the nation with a GDP smaller than several single US states despite it being the largest country in the world.. Sounds like a good investment.........

Attached: 1542582738506.gif (155x173, 836K)

I'll teach you the basics:
> Ein Doener bitte, mit scharf
> Bitte schlag mich nicht
> Ollum sik da lan anamakuyum

Als ob Döner ohne scharf wäre essbar...

Thinking of learning Russian to connect with my heritage, grandmother used to be fluent but she's lost most of it over the years. Not sure if it's actually worth it though.

why dont you learn how to make cyanide, then drink it

fucking memeflags and their lame post format is soooo easy to spot..

you want to learn German, you should start with learning Arabic, the official language of the EU

Attached: 1491359716979.png (1889x1889, 340K)

t. 48% weiss
esse scheisse

*Iss Scheiße.
The last time I posted the the noun for hospital has 4 synonyms in German and each have a different gender like the most 3 used as an example
>die Klinik
>das Krankenhaus
>der Hospital
I was told I am too retarded for German speech by a "Wir waren Deutsche." mixed raced Amerimutt looking for his """heritage""" based on 23andme, so I got shit just because I posted from Romania and not from my relatives houses in Duisburg, Linz, Göteborg.
So how about you eat a pile of horseshit and choke on it too.

*Der Amerikaner ist eine jüdische Kreatur. Ihre Kinder sind dumm und nicht schlau.
Then you have to mention ""as smart as X"" to prove point.

I know German to a kindergarten level, I plan on learning Norwegian and Japanese.

besides English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese (lesser extent) are the most important languages to understand in the western hemisphere

Hey dude. I can speak pretty good German. Here's some advice.

1) Unless you have a good reason to learn you will probably give up. I spend a month in Germany each year and I still struggled with motivation.
2) If you're doing it just for the experience of learning another language learn French. It's much easier.
3) It takes a long time unless you are naturally very good with languages. It took me 2 years to get near fluent and I'm still learning.
4) Never learn a noun without the Article. It will seem tedious at first but when you get on to more complex grammar you will have to learn all the nouns again with the articles.
5) Apps like duo-lingo are shit as they teach you without context and things just don't stick.
6) You need a conversation partner/teacher to really make progress. Learning alone is possible but really slow.
7) Don't make the mistake of learning to read and then not being able to understand when people speak. Listen to stuff more than you read.
8) Music is really useful. Translate songs you like and learn them.

Viel Erfolg mit deinem Deutsch.