TRUMP'S RETAIL APOCALYPSE:Gymboree to close 450 (FOUR-HUNDRED AND FIFTY) stores

>Trump's economy is doing goo-

In the latest retail massacre, children's apparel chain Gymboree is set to close half of its 900 locations. This is the newest big shutdown amid a string of retail collapses and store closures across America. Trump fans will defend this:

>Kids clothing retailer Gymboree weighs closing half its stores

>Gymboree Group Inc, a U.S. retailer of infant and children’s clothing, is considering closing more than half of its approximately 900 stores, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. The move would be a setback for Gymboree after it emerged from bankruptcy last year. It was one of the few brick-and-mortar retailers that managed to escape liquidation in a wave of bankruptcies that swept the sector...

>Gymboree has hired consulting firm Berkley Research Group LLC to assist it in evaluating options, which could include filing for bankruptcy again... San Francisco-based Gymboree filed for bankruptcy in June 2017. Through that process, it cut its debt by $1 billion, and closed one-quarter of its shops. It emerged from bankruptcy in September 2017 with debt that included an $85 million term loan and $200 million revolving credit line... In addition to Gymboree, the chain has the Janie and Jack and Crazy 8 brands.

>More than 20 U.S. retailers have filed for bankruptcy since the beginning of 2017.

reuters.com/article/us-gymboree-restructuring-exclusive/exclusive-kids-clothing-retailer-gymboree-weighs-closing-half-its-stores-sources-idUSKCN1NW281

Attached: Gymboree-Store[1].jpg_ssl=1.jpg (2000x1319, 571K)

When was the last time you actually went to a store? I couldn't tell you personally.

Good thing all you programmers went to school for computer science so you've got a head start now that the entire world is going to retrain and flood the market with more computer programmers until you're all equivalent of factory assembly line workers! Way to listen to them counselors and all those (((articles))) that told you programming was the future!!!

Didn't you know there will only be 500 million people inhabiting this world after the great war of all wars that's about to start.
??

Gotta close them down so they can send the goys to war and die for Israel

Same deal here, I buy all my shit online, meanwhile retail stores are having a record downturn in earnings.

I actually went into a Kmart during a liquidation sale. I ended up buying some iron plate weights. It looked grim in there.

I'll wait two days and get exactly what I want delivered to me. I hate Bezos, but dammit, it's just too convenient.

I go to stores to sample designer fragrances, I then buy them online.

I will say I go to Costco. I buy my clothes and food there.

Never even heard of them

Malls stop kicking out unruly niggers. People with money stop going to malls. Why is our business in the mall doing so poorly?

Attached: seriously, you need to.gif (500x222, 463K)

Trumps Rectal Apocalypse.

Globalism is good! Free trade makes things cheap! Everyone benefits!

shut the fuck up nigger mall and retail stores have been dying for years, kike thread

Trump also crashed retail and GM, also he cucked cali about ratings or whatever when people were still burning out

many of these retailers were fucked before dubya bush was in office.
they refused to change their stores appearance, chains like Ross were already gaining massive traction, add in charging more than any other store that's selling the same chinese slave labor junk you're dooming the company to fail.
Why buy clothes from store A when store B right next door is selling the exact same thing for half price? Both are made in Bangladesh

Shit it admril autism
You use more buzz words then Lester Holt on his period

Home Depot is still killing it though.

Brick & mortar retailers are dying due to online shopping. You'd know this if you weren't an NPC.

Attached: 1543193428854.jpg (720x717, 115K)

I've never even heard of this company. Are there any stores in the NYC metropolitan area?

Everyone needs to fix stuff. Personally I go to ACE as much as I can because the guy who owns the local franchise lives in my neighborhood. Support local business if you can.

Home Depot has a good business model. UPS doesn't want to ship cinder blocks and plywood.

Attached: djfreez2.jpg (864x1012, 105K)

Not exactly. They aren't opening many new stores. Lowe's closed 50 locations, and Orchard Supply Hardware went out of business entirely this year.

This year in particular has been rough for a lot of retail chains. Something is different about 2018, especially since this is supposed to be a "hot" economy with explosive 4% GDP growth.

Don't buy yet more Chinese shit. We've done this all our lives. There can be economic growth without all of it going towards the "Christmas sector" FFS, MAGA

Attached: 567675756567.png (791x896, 171K)

Or maybe they just lost out to Amazon? I've never even heard of gymboree. Toys r us is closing many stores, what makes you think no name store like this can compete?

That's right goy. It's all Drumphs fault!

Attached: 5aa7a2583be59f1b008b45a9-750-500.jpg (750x500, 50K)

I agree, just saying that the business model Home Depot/Home Improvement stores run are unaffected by Amazon and such. Nobody want to wait 2 days for a nail.

>can’t compete with shart mart

>must be Drormph’s economy

Attached: 6E1EC4C2-3DA3-42F8-83EF-D4937644A2C1.jpg (350x400, 39K)

Cuz Lowe's is a shit company. Their new CEO is from Home Depot though and he's going to try to play ball. They are paying big bucks to take a bunch of Home Depot store managers and such. Home Depot is opening 20 DC's just this year to try to keep up with Amazon. They will soon have 2 day delivery.

Absolutely right

Those stores are in malls which no one goes to anymore cause of online shopping of and niggers. You can add malls to the list of things niggers have ruined.

you people are still fucking retarded, it seems. we tried to tell you the president has nothing to do with it during bush, during obama, and im sure since time immemorial. trump cannot stop people from shopping on amazon you stupid piece of shit.

you people will have to learn that automation is not going anywhere, and youre a dumb fucking Luddite if you try to hold jobs just for the sake of it.

>Retail hasn’t been in a steady decline for over a decade
No no, it’s Trump’s fault some literal who store goes bankrupt repeatedly in its existence.

According to my wife, these stores had way overpriced clothing for kids to outgrow in literally months. The resale market on eBay for the sale items has always been red hot. My wife used to make big bucks doing this.

>This
Shart marts model basically means the can shove off anyone who cannot outsell them or overspecialize them.
My local shart mart made million in its store alone on black Friday in pure profit. compared to our local mall which all the stores together barley made 10 million the whole weekend.
In other words, carry shit that shartmart can't sell or wont sell normally, or start an online store. Take your picks.

>This year in particular has been rough for a lot of retail chains.

They have been fucked since the mid 90s in most cases. Sears is the best example of it, they have never updated their registers since the early 80s and were floundering right around the Y2K meme.
Meanwhile look at retailers like Burlington or Ross, they cleaned the floors, got a few new racks to put clothes on, updated the registers, charge 25% less than jcpenny or whoever for shit on average (it's still more than amazon/walmart), and turn profits. These stores are primarily clothing. Every single dingus is dying due to their sheer arrogance while charging a premium for slave labor made junk you can get cheaper for the same quality elsewhere at another brick and mortar store. There is nothing special about 2018.

I don't think I've been in a mall since the '90s. It was getting a bit noggish even back then.

the fuck is a gymboree?

The reason Lowe's closed those locations is because they now have a former Home Depot big wig as their CEO and he's cutting the fat. Even after all the closings, they STILL have more stores than HD.

Kids clothes.

It's probably because they switched from patrician tier respectable clothing, to sparkly glittery, garbage, I heart unicorns clothing for trash.
Their clothing started to target the poors. Poors can't afford it, richies don't want to dress their kids like poors. It was bad business decisions. Not Trump. Wew.

That's one of those nigger mall stores isn't it? Maybe I should go to the mall and record how many niggers are at my local mall during Christmas this year.

Is retail gonna be the pin that pops the everything bubble?

Lowe's is a nicer brick-and-mortar store than HD but Lowe's online store isnt even synced with their store-based delivery service. So, if you order something from Lowe's online and it's to be delivered to you at home the chances are their online inventory system wont actually forward it to their separate inventory system. And if it does and they fuck up their initial delivery it'll just slip out of their system and they'll forget about the delivery and no-show. This just happened to me and I had to dig into them so much they admitted this and that their new CEO knows their internal systems are crushing their company so theyre trying to combine them together - I told them to scrap all their bullshit systems theyve been trying to cobble together and just start fresh if they wanna do it right. Similar shit just happened to me at Petco.com. With assholes like me, I will call these companies out and haggle the fuck outta them, making them discount their products and/or services for fucking up. It's like exponential death by internal decay leading to customers taking advantage. I highly encourage you all to do the same until they fix these issues.

>trump is responsible for the death of retail
kek

That's why you go to Ace if you can. The guy that owns the place will go out of his way to make sure he doesn't fuck up your delivery.

the quality of the clothes went to crap
same with the children's place
materials so thin it doesn't even last a whole season on a kid...don't even think about handing it down to a younger sibling because it won't last long enough for the kid to outgrow it
and the cut of the clothing is off....they skimped so much on fabric that seams barely exist and can pop in just a few wears
and the big chains fell for the gender neutral bullshit too
what 5 year old boy wants to wear skinny jeans and a pony t-shirt?
I get it....materials across the industry have become super lightweight/ thin, so they're not the only ones doing it...it's just they're going to be effected first, as people stop buying the cheaply made, crappy clothing that is being peddled in every mall store and opt for either walmart (at least you're getting what you paid for) or online sources

Children's Place is killer for kids 5 and under though. They also have tons of coupons and sales.

You also have to factor in that people aren't having as many kids as they did in the past. Less kids=less sales of kids clothes.

It could be. The closings keep coming.

2018 IS different. A partial list of franchises that have shut down stores, announced major cuts, or gone bankrupt since summer 2018:

>Toys 'R Us
>Sears/Kmart
>Orchard Supply Hardware
>Mattress Firm
>Bon-Ton department stores
>Papa Gino's restaurants
>Victoria's Secret
>The Gap
>Banana Republic
>Destination Maternity
>David's Bridal
>Lowe's
>Lord & Taylor
>Performance Bicycle
>Blockbuster Video
>Herberger's
>Carson Pirie Scott department stores
>Magic Mart

Attached: Bon-Ton.jpg (640x381, 61K)

why did the "retail apocalypse" under Obama suddenly change names into "trumps retail apocalypse"?

Blockbuster Video shut stores down in 2018?

Retail has been getting fucked for a long time, before the turn of this century even. Shouldn't have ever let that jew Sam Walton pretend Wal-Mart goods were made in america when they were actually all made in China. shouldn't have had every store blob up into one monolithic "made in china" store where it really doesn't matter what the store's name is when it sells the same chinese goods as the store next to it. shouldn't have let gangs move in and drive out all the mall-rats and white pypo with money. shouldn't have been run into the ground by shithead jew vulture executives whose interest was how much they could plunder the company for to enrich themselves and fuck the company's long-term prospects. should've adapted to the internet and gotten online storefronts up faster. there's a lot that could've been done.

>old big names that had their 15 minutes but no one bothers with anymore and LITERALLY WHOs

one can only speculate why these stores are having a hard time

why would I buy kids clothes from children's place when I can get better quality at walmart for the same price as their sales prices?
I bought all my kids' jeans from the children's place for years...but the quality took a huge shit over the last two years and I will never waste money there again....

Oh, I love Ace however I 'tolerate' bullshit from major retail chains because it'll open holes for asshats like me to negotiate pricing. I just got 15% off (5% of which was in store pickup discounting), free delivery on 84# of litter, and $10 off black friday deal from Petco. I got 20% off a $3350 4-piece appliance sweet package, plus free deliver, and made them take back the first fridge and replace it for free because they fucked it during delivery because my driveway is sloped and I have a split-level. Sure it's much easier just to spend the 20% overage to get what you want when you want it, but I got kidz to feed and I will take advantage of every sale, coupon, and shitty service opening a company provides. I seriously dont really buy shit unless I get 2:3 of those factors going. If I want something str8 fwd Ill do an Ace run or order on amazon, otherwise I do my diligence to get the lowest price. Art of the Deal, baby.

>Oh no, my brick and mortar chain that sells left-handed Onaholes and Fleshlights exclusively is going under. Did I have a terrible business model?
>No, it's Trump's economy that did this!

Huh?
Childrens Place is dirt cheap if you time coupons with sales. I bought a giant pile of clothes for $50 just the other day.

Attached: walmartmadeinamerica-1.jpg (1540x800, 124K)

Desperate shitpost OP

Ace is a little more expensive but the guy who owns it lives in your neighborhood. He isn't going to fuck his neighbors, and if he does you can turf his lawn.

Yes. The franchise has contracted from over 3,000 locations in the late-90's to a grand total of ONE (1) location in the entire US. The most recent round of closings happened in July.

I know, that's why I used to shop there
but at this point it's a waste of money because the clothes don't even last a season
cheap materials and no seam allowances destroyed what was once a good brand

>Gymboree has hired consulting firm Berkley Research Group LLC to assist it in evaluating options
Found the problem and economic drain

>not one decent store save VS and even then that's a maybe.

I actually worked there in college. I remember what a bitch "Meet Joe Black" was because it came on two tapes and we had to rubber band them together.

>go to store looking for a yoga mat
>find one by some gayan company, it's thicker than usual mats but otherwise the same
>46.99
>go online and search for extra large yoga mats
>find one that's significantly larger, better constructed, and in a more appreciable color
>26.99

Oh wow I wonder why stores are dying? It's almost like their prices and selection can't compete. The only purpose of stores in this day and age is grocery stores, and clothing stores. Everything else will die.

Attached: 1487367725114.gif (250x250, 69K)

The illusion of choice.

lmao doesn't matter got mine. I'm still better than any diversity hire or poo-in-loo curry nigger at programming, and when everybody retrains, I'll have a good two decades of experience on them.

Attached: 1542755848956s.jpg (124x90, 2K)

Is it time to speculate on CMBSs?

The economy is doing fine, amazon exists you tard. Lots of normies don't shop in physical stores. we might, but they don't.

I didn't realize President Trump made GM go bankrupt a decade, then crash a second time after shorting the US taxpayers 10 billion dollars on the bailout repayment

nice thumbnail nnnnguy.

Why would anyone go to a child-exclusive clothing store that is most likely located in a mall and sells the same cheap, made in China trash as Walmart?

I don't know how other Children's Place stores are, but the one by us is just in a strip mall. Easy in, easy out. Lots of coupons and cheap clothes.

Sounds like someone is upset they didn't get a headstart on the competition and will have literally zero options come a real financial crisis that affects ALL markets.

>retailer of infant and children’s clothing, is considering closing more than half of its approximately 900 stores, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. The move would be a setback for Gymboree after it emerged from bankruptcy last year. It was one of the few brick-and-mortar retailers that managed to escape liquidation in a wave of bankruptcies that swept the sector...

Its Drumpfs fault that kids grow too fast to spend money on clothes they are going to outgrow in a few months, I tell ya what

Attached: 1535005506860.jpg (480x389, 21K)

>Reagan gives us good economy
>Clinton inherits good economy, signs NAFTA and every product we buy starts to become cheaper and cheaper chink-made shit because they can get away with anything
>Nobody thinks this is a problem
>Trump comes along, recognizes problem
>problem not immediately fixed
>Trump failed, impeach now
I haven't read too many economic books so maybe the folks who get their school learning from top Jewish professors have some different ideas, but to this ol' boy it seems about right

within 20 years the only stores left will be walmart, circle-k, and mcdonalds.

this is capitalism working exactly the way the rich assholes in power want it to work.

As long as SpeedyStop is still around I'll be okay.

>The Gap
>Banana Republic
this one's easy
it's three stores (Old Navy is under the same umbrella) selling you shittier and shittier versions of the same clothes
last time I was in Banana Republic I tried on a wool sweater and a seam ripped right in the dressing room
then I go with reviews, order online, and get wool that's lasted me years

No, because when SHTF you wont be able to code yourself a cheeseburger and you'll be a human shield victim for real men. And if Raj doesn't take your job first, then you'll end up automating yourself out of the job. Coders praise themselves as the new-age scribe, when you're no better than a laborer without the actual grit.

Attached: IMG_1783.jpg (640x564, 36K)

> because you're a programmer, you're not a real man
Faggot, I don't work 24/7. I have hobbies that teach me the rest of the skills a well-balanced life requires. Grow up, child.

Yeah thats a store specializing in clothes for young white kids. Guess what? Whites are too old to have kids now.

Attached: average age.png (599x451, 56K)

This is one of my last store experiences.

>went to stores as long as I can think of
>never had a problem
>after the online shopping started, I order most of my stuff from there

>a few days ago thought I just check out the stores to buy some clothes
>go to store
>some not native looking guy tries to probably steal something from me
>got away fast enough and went into the store
>there were only a few other people there
>nothing happened
>go to cashier to pay
>some trash tier woman went full retarded and insulted me from behind for nothing (maybe on crack, I don't know)
>I paid for my stuff and went home

There was a time where I went shopping daily and NEVER had a problem. Now I tried shopping and with this experience I know this was the last time I visit a physical store again.

I'm lucky that I wasn't charged for racism (you know, because this not native looking guy couldn't steal my stuff). And I also realized that I dodged a "rape" allegation. I bet this woman was trying to get into a fight with me to sue me for rape.

This whole diversity shit I experienced was just disgusting. I never had any bad experience in my life with shopping, but now that I tried it again I had more bad experiences than ever before.

Because I couldn't believe it I tried the offline shopping once more in a different location and same shit. That's it for me. Online it is.

I guess we should close the internet to save the stores.

Isn’t the death of retail going to destroy real estate values? All of the land and buildings associated with retail and store fronts is going to be useless. People just want to stare at a tablet, play vidya, go on social media and do absolutely nothing

the commercial real estate bubble is about to burst like a 50 year old festering boil
it's about fucking time too

>2018
>shopping at retail stores
The absolute state of boomer faggots

Attached: 1477797624818.gif (245x230, 871K)

>went bankrupt a year ago
>Goes right back under due to shit management
>D-DRUMPF!!!!!
You people are pathetic

This is because white women stopped having children.

>Isn’t the death of retail going to destroy real estate values?

and since a stupidly large % of people work in the retail sector the whole economy will also tank at the same time.

Online is the future of stores
Amazon beat them to the punch
the best method always wins
these stores failed to adapt
just like self driving trucks and drone delivery is the future of mail and packages

Attached: 1531779631608.png (1267x785, 99K)

Funny how it says they filed for bankruptcy in June 2017, but they don't mention that Gymboree shut down over 350 stores then as well. Seems they've been on a downward trend for several years, especially after they gave up their Play & Music branch, which to be fair was probably a failure anyways.

Please, Chick-fil-a will unseat McDonald's soon enough.

>Something is different about 2018, especially since this is supposed to be a "hot" economy with explosive 4% GDP growth.
Yeah, it's called everyone is buying online
This cyber Monday with the highest grosing single day in the history of the planet
You're a stupid motherfucker who knows jack shit

Nobody cares about this San Franfaggot store, that's why it's closing you dumb pile of fucking shit.

Nice pillars.

Attached: boaz_jachin.jpg (300x407, 20K)

near 0% unemployment and the best stock market to ever exist

oh fuck where will boomer grandmas buy overpriced clothes for their grandchildren

Rolling my fat ass out of bed in the morning to have some Chickn minis.