How do I get a girlfriend with an edgy sense of humor? It seems like every time I get into a serious relationship...

How do I get a girlfriend with an edgy sense of humor? It seems like every time I get into a serious relationship, the girl loves my banter; but as the relationship goes on she thinks I cross the line increasingly often. After a while, it would just feel like I wasn't even being myself and felt comparable to being at work or in class, which made me feel that the relationship(s) weren't worth it. At first I bought the meme that it was the whole "liberal feminist SJW" type, but my last girlfriend was actually pretty right-wing but she still got on my case for certain jokes. Are there many girls that are all about super edgy humor and remarks? Or would it be better to go it alone a while until I feel like it's worth self-censoring again?

Attached: Tom Hiddleston.jpg (240x300, 34K)

Give us an example of a crossing the line joke.

Could be you are on the spectrum and can't read people for shit though.

I dunno, maybe a quip about Elliot Rodger or something like that? I actually try to be pretty wary of people's sensitivities and things like that, so it wouldn't be anything recent like the Parkland shooting or something that happened personally to the victim. Yeah, I guess Columbine and Elliot Rodger were things I often quipped about that annoyed the last two girls so it's probably a good example.

Because you don't actually want an edge girlfriend since you'll realize how batshit insane they are. Also your dumb joke about Elliot barely even moves the edgy needle. You just look like an asshole.

lmao im a girl and id be down for that shit

Joking about mass shootings and terrorism in general should not be an issue. Just don't ovedo it. What about rape , pedo, holocaust / Nazi jokes?

Well yeah, I don't think it's edgy at all. But then why is it something to get mad about? If it's so tame, is it worth getting worked up at all?

Wouldn't want to make a rape joke at all honestly, just can never tell if you're in the room with someone connected to that shit somehow. Holocaust stuff seems pretty funny to me honestly, but I wouldn't joke on it since the political climate is so crazy and you never know what can follow you around nowadays. It's something I might get in trouble for laughing about if I heard a joke in that area though.

Honestly you should be able to joke about whatever you want. Everyone has the right to be made fun of. I know how you feel though. I can laugh about anything and with most of my friends I have to hold back because they wouldn't understand.

Sounds like they're not getting offended as such if they were fine at the start, shock humour is just lazy and boring after a while. If you're constantly making edgy jokes it loses its appeal quickly

I don't think such girls exist, user.

I feel the same way. People are so offended these days.

OP here. I agree with the "anything should go" mindset but I feel like that's a common one on Jow Forums. Obviously you'll never be able to just go on ironic edgy monologues at the bar or something, but I'm just thinking about situations with one person. I know a lot of guys that I can do this with, but with girls it just seems like there's a lot more lines. Idk if that's just me imagining more differences than there are though.

Having poor social skills, showing a lack of concern or empathy around others (especially making fun of traits outside of their control) being dumb/irritating for the sake of it, these things are never sexy?

I think you think the thread is about something it's not. Talking more about making dark jokes on news events and such, not running up to people and calling them fat niggers lmao

I guess I'm going to assume that dark/edgy is more than likely antisocial/racist/sexist/ableist. Maybe that is what other girls are doing as well?

I also think that sometimes it isn't funny, it is more indicative of an antisocial personality born of a fear of the world. Like you'd rather poke fun at it for being so shitty because then you get to be the confident, funny observer who doesn't want a part of it instead of the insecure, neurotic outsider who can't find a place within it?

Again, not that sexy I guess? Demonstrating value within the world and its systems require you to have the desire to get down in the hole with it.

I will make fun of anyone and anything. Not to their face but why should I not joke about disabled people and rape victims with friends that can discern between joke and reality. I'm can bhave and keep these things to myself if not in the right company. Most girls just can't into humour.

I shit talk rape/murder/gore for the sake of shock value with a much younger guy at work. Most people my own age are REALLY not into the kind of shit we talk about though. This is likely because I'm quite immature in comparison to my more normative friends. I mean, I'm shit posting on the internet instead of sitting down to a wonderful family dinner. We'll try and out inappropriate each other and it does get pretty funny. Girls hate this shit because they are desperate to appear 'mature' from ages 14-30 for some reason. Like if I act like a serious adult I'll actually be a serious adult even though intellectually I'm unable to tell the difference between pretending to be something, actually being something and portraying a parody of something for comedic impact.

Not at all what I was going for at all friendo. Again, more along the line of bleak remarks on things like shooters, ISIS, cartels, local crime stuff, and so on. Nothing to do at all with things like race or sex. I guess you could say it implies a greater antisocial cynicism but if so I don't think one's views on Elliot Rodger is really demonstrative of how they see everyone in the world and their place in that system. It seems silly to me to get so worked up about a joke like that when it has nothing to do with you. Especially since these stories are so old that they're not really in the public consciousness anymore; like the user at the start of the thread said, I don't think it's even all that edgy.

I'm a gamer girl (with feet) do you want to date OP? Or will it only end being an online relationship we both waste our time with by sending each other gore and trying to out-edge each other

I don't know. I do know that focusing too heavily on the unpleasant side of existence has very little value to others and just makes them miserable. I know others find safe exposure to this to be part of the humorous way we deal with fear, death, anxiety and the ultimate futility of human existence and so on, but existential crises are usually resolved by applying yourself to the more pleasant side of life.

Women as a whole can be pretty prone to deluding themselves to the reality of what is going on around them. Men too, but I've never seen ignorance to the reality of things be so heavily sought out by men.

Like you might be thinking you aren't making anybody miserable, it is the things you are bringing to their attention and specifically their reaction to them that is making them miserable, but all they remember and take away from the encounter is that this dudes sense of 'humour' makes me unhappy.

When you are having a bit of an existential crisis it can be therapeutic to wallow in misery and horrible things. It puts into perspective lesser fears. But if you aren't having an existential crisis you generally don't want to start having one.

Ultimately this is one of those "what is wrong with other people who don't like an aspect of my personality?" things. The problem if there even if one (you say you have identified one) is literally with you. You can't in good faith control their reactions, but you can control your behaviour now you are aware it is causing you a problem. If you are unwilling to do either you should accept that you've made a choice to potentially alienate people who don't need reminding about mexican cartel executions.

Hey fair enough, that makes sense to me. I didn't mean the topic as "Man, fuck these normalfags who don't agree" so much as "Can I find someone different, or should I just be alone for a bit?" I'm not really bitter about people being a little more sensitive to tough topics, and I can just refrain from being that way, but it just makes life less fun for me to do that. I think that with all the time, work, money, and potential heartbreak a romantic relationship can entail, it should provide (at the very least) more fun than an average non intimate social interaction. But I think you're right and odds are I'll have to go it alone until I grow out of being edgy or I just stop caring about that part of my personality.

Gotta admit I'm hesitant to start a relationship on Jow Forums. Any chance your a Tomoko NEET qt?

Attached: cba0a0e4b2442b9a614c255f6074b77a.png (841x949, 212K)

Sorry part 2 of that was meant for