Dating in your 30s

Some background: I'm 35. I have en engineering degree and an mba. I work at a small dry wall factory in Alabama in a town of 300 people as an engineer. I just made senior engineer this year. I make about $80k a year. I'm not a lardo or a neck beard. I'm 200 lbs and wear a size 34 pant.

How do you meet compatible people at this age? I've only dated like 2 or 3 girls since I took this job. Thats 3 people in a 4 to 5 year period.

In college I just talked to female friends of friends and eventually started dating. There are like no women my age or appropriately above or under in this town. All the women are married or kids or hags.

So what do I do? Do I have to move? Give up my good job or pay?

I have two sisters and both moved to cities. One movied to hawaii and the other to Nashville. They make about half of what I make.

ugh, I don't want to move though. My cost of living is 35% less than theirs. I just want some nonfat nerdy girl that I can marathon netflix and eat pizza with. I'm not asking for a lot.

Attached: 28795876_932020333642515_7439795480196294292_n.jpg (600x800, 74K)

>in Alabama

You're going to have to go to church. That's what people do in Alabama. I'm not being ironic or sarcastic. It's the most religious state in the nation. But it's not so bad. I know lots of nice people there. I'd move there in a heartbeat if I had a job there. Matter of fact, I need to start looking in to that.

Have you tried talking to women online?
I'm sure there are women in their mid 30s trying to settle down as well.

>nice people
>Alabama
Lol no

>>nice people
>>Alabama
>Lol no

Yeah that's what everybody thinks. But I go with my experience, not what everybody thinks.

>You're going to have to go to church.

I don't want the church life. I'm not interested in giving up my sunday's and Wednesdays

Fellow mid 30s dude here. The way you meet people in this age bracket is either through work, or through things that you do. Hitting up bars or dating apps or hoping you just see a single person out and about one day are all shots in the dark. You have to improve your chances by being more socially available. That means joining groups. Another user said church. That's one group. But if you're not religious, it's out. Don't try to change for church pussy or fake that shit. It's bad for everyone.

But there are plenty of other groups. Even in a small town. Charity/volunteer groups. Professional groups. Mens groups (someone is bound to have a sister or a friend). Spend some time scouting out your library or city hall for info on what people do in your community. Then become active in it.

Alternatively, yes, you could move to a more populated area. The more people, the easier this is.

if I were you I wouldn't move.

your life sounds comfy

You don't have to fully commit. Go on a Wednesday night. At least then you can 'shop' around.

>But there are plenty of other groups. Even in a small town. Charity/volunteer groups. Professional groups. Mens groups (someone is bound to have a sister or a friend). Spend some time scouting out your library or city hall for info on what people do in your community. Then become active in it.

have you ever lived in a town of 300 in the American south. It is literally just church.

>You don't have to fully commit.

I'm talking about the end game. I'm ready to settle down and have 2.5 kids before I'm too old to land girl in her late 20s, early 30s.

Most of the girls like that at church want the church life. They have a social circle. They want to go every chance they get. Bake sales. Shit like that. And we're not even talking living by the bible.

I want my weekends and Wednesdays. I want to say fuck and shit around the house. I want to have a beer, eat her out and a dozen other things her sunday school will have told her not to do.

Attached: 1521668883904 (1).jpg (736x1104, 118K)

The usual. Tinder, dating sites, bars.

Try a church that ain’t crazy. We go to a Methodist church. We go when we can, every few Sunday mornings. At home we cuss, drink, fuck, etc. no problem. There’s no pushy shit with church types trying to shill Jesus at us. It’s chill.

>a town of 300
>Do I have to move?
Probably
>Give up my good job or pay?
Job, likely. Pay, not necessarily.

Any dating advice you will find online or in media is written from the perspective of, and for an audience who has a dating pool of more than 50 people to swim through.
In a town of 300, you simply don't have many choices to make.

My suggestion, start job hunting and spending weekends in the city. Keep your small town property if you own it, though. City folk are generally garbage and you won't want to stay forever.
t. moved to major metro from town of 2500.

>City folk are generally garbage and you won't want to stay forever.
>t. moved to major metro from town of 2500.

how'd that go for you?

Generally went pretty good, actually. Wasn't for me, though.

>Generally went pretty good, actually. Wasn't for me, though.
what did it do to the dating?

im over 35 and it the same way its always been, bars, pubs and clubs. but in a small town your options are limited be prepared to go to a bigger town to improve your odds. even if it means staying in a hotel.

other ideas would be to join some groups and join a online singles site. the great thing about these sites is why restrict yourself to one country?

if all else fails: dating agency.

Dating was great. Just set some standards and don't compromise them.
People are disposable in the city. Don't be afraid to sift through some rejects and don't invest in anyone who's even a little questionable.
There are a lot of opportunities to find big groups of like-minded people who produce/consume the same things you do, no matter what they are.
If you're into media, there are conventions.
If you like cars, start at an auto show or raceway.
For beer or liquor, visit craft breweries and distilleries.
Gastropubs and farmer's markets if you're into food.
Find a hacker space if you like making functional things.
Art galleries, cooperatives, shows, museums. Concerts of all shapes and sizes. Burlesque and circus troupes.
And if all you want is to stay in and watch movies, there's more women into that than your entire town's population.

which city did it end up being?

>move to a place with high crime and niggers for pussy

Bad idea user

Maybe i've had bad experience with women but i would prefer a good paying job over women anyday.

>Maybe i've had bad experience with women but i would prefer a good paying job over women anyday.

yes, you've probably had bad experiences if that is the case. Or you're gay.

>wanting to be a wagie with some single mum pussy and have jamals 2nds or 3rds

lmao KEK

>wanting to be a wagie with some single mum pussy and have jamals 2nds or 3rds

now you're just projecting.

One day I hope to not have to suffer you troglodytes from Jow Forums.

If anything you will see more of us since our govs pissed everyone off with migrants and other lunacy policies. Politics is swinging back to the right.
Enjoy.

Can I bump this thread?

>be me
>36, 37 in September
>MA
>MBA
>Making 110k yearly
>330k savings

but

>never married
>no kids
>dating my ex from college, who contacted me after divorcing her husband

I feel like the girls I find attractive (20-28) no longer find me attractive, and the girls my age (30-40) are head cases, have a bunch of kids, or have a lot of baggage.

On top of that my gf lives 8 hours away, so not only am I dating my ex, but it's actually a long distance relationship, we don't fuck but a few weeks every two or so months.

My guy is saying to really cut ties with her, work on myself, and try to attract someone new, but I feel like I am too old to attract anyone hot, and I'm actually letting go of a pretty great person.

Wat do?

*my gut, not my guy

>Making 110k yearly
k savings

What are you doing to make 110k a year?

It's a pretty broad generalization to make about girls 30-40. I think if you get yourself out there you may be happily surprised that this isn't the case.

No I'm not a 30 year old female. Just a guy in his late 20s who had the same feeling about women in their early 20s. I ended up being wrong.

besides, if you want to settle down, you only need to find one

Manager at big tobacco

Alabama is like... the worst place to find a healthy, normal woman.

Time to move.

Ask yourself, whats more important? House and money or a woman and a great life?

Gosh fucking underage b& in this bitch. Can you get more naive?

What a dumbass, thinking he cant have his cake and eat it too.

Tbh if you feel that way then why do you feel like investing time in another person.

Because op assumes a woman will fill the hole that his career left inside of him.

actual advice: take a holiday and go traveling

find a wifey potench overseas, bring her back

meeting women is so easy when traveling too

i mean you'll have to convince her to live with you in nowhere town, but if u can't do that then u shouldn't b with her anyway?

Just go back to college and date a young professor or stydent again.

>the thread is incel city
figures
>how do you meet compatible people
it's a fucking crapshoot
you just keep searching until you find one
at your age you deal with taken people but eight years behind you we deal with social justice and political ideologies being substituted for entire parts of personalities.

Every demographic deals with something. You just have to have patience-- dating is exactly a numbers game.

united states is doomed lol

Horrible idea unless you get to know them for a couple years before bringing them over, even then. Good way to rush into things and regret them later

>If you like cars, start at an auto show or raceway.
Usually auto shows turn females down, but depends what kind of vehicle/female you want.

I would kept fucking her and consider yourself single. So try to get someone else, she is an ex for a reason.

300 person town? You don't date- you get musical partners. Maybe you find someone with shared interests - start a Magic Game night at a bar. Maybe you have to get out of tiny town to date.

Your relationship with a woman who got divorced and found a better suiter is disgusting. She's probably fucking someone else too.