The Sun/Earth Are The Spaceship

We talk alot about wanting to explore deep space but it would take generations and unholy amounts of resources to do so.

But after seeing the solar system not represented as orbiting in a flat circle around the sun but how the orbit actually looks. I think I get it now. The sun is some form of super engine and our solar system is the collective planets that utilize the engine.

We are on a spaceship right now. We are fulfilling all the necessities, with generations moving on through sustainable reproduction with the perfect conditions for human life, this earth is traveling towards something (the lanakiea supercluster i believe) and we are essentially just another car on cosmic freeway heading there.

Wether this all has purpose or not is unclear right now... probably

Attached: B915C1CF-DD10-45A8-A6DC-CDB7FEFA273A.gif (400x354, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Attractor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Substantial if substantiated

Attached: Marble.png (566x447, 345K)

>heading there
The solar system is going around in a circle, user.

the plane of the solar system is not perpendicular to the plane of the milky way. that animation is wrong.

Attached: 1543522851187.gif (480x270, 2.26M)

But the milky way as a collective is also traveling in one direction towards the great attractor

Biggest problem of all this shitty graphics is that they are abstractions. 3D space is forced on 2D space, speed and size of object are set in “creative way”, bunch of things are omitted or unknown.

I cannot wait till this wreck train gets distorted by “dark mass” and hits “dark mass”.

Even force that supposedly bind this space-time continuum (or whatever is a new fancy name for material world is these days) is measurable only indirectly. You cannot measure mass directly, you can measuer it only by using third party tools. So all cosmology and popular physics nowdays make a sense as a transgender eskimo.

We ARE heading into the center of the galaxy... somehow.

But, muh space nigger, everything moving apart so how get into b4 Goldilocks terrafarmables?

yeah, pity the engine is going to blow up and kill us all long before we ever get there

nice analogy fuckwit

Not really no. We orbit the sun but the suns movement is due to it orbiting in an arm of the milky way galaxy and that arms movement is due to the rotation of the galaxy which itself is now thought to be largely due to dark matter.

The suns relationship to us is not so much a spaceship (something that takes you somewhere) but rather sustenance for life on earth to survive the journey.

The destination is basicaly around in a big circle though, although more interesting things might happen over longer time spans when the milky way and alpha centuri 'collide', that's so far in the future we'll have needed to move to planets around other suns.

isn't it andromeda we collide with?

Yeah sorry my bad, that's the closest galaxy, AC is the nearest star, I'm being an idiot.

Interesting though, it's thought that the collision would result in no actual real collisions, there's just too space between everything, all the interactions would be gravitational. During which time solar systems can actually be ejected into intergalactic space. Any civilization that happens to is properly fucked.

This.
We aren't exploring shit.

Attached: 9CD0A50A-F710-4A80-8E7D-9F6D39C2165F.jpg (1280x720, 438K)

>Any civilization that happens to is properly fucked.

Not if the star keeps its planets. Then it's proper exploration.

The space between galaxies even inside our own local cluster is so massive that any time to travel between them the star would die out.

The only way to survive for very long periods of time is to have a civilization that hops between planets around stars that are still active and moves on before they die out.

That's not possible in intergalactic space you're too far disconnected from other stars. Basically anything in that system is doomed long term.

If we become a multi planetary and eventually a multi solar system species we can survive in the short term at least. Even with all of science fiction I doubt there's enough energy available to get from one galaxy to another.

The ultimate fate of humans is pretty grim even if we survive all of the stupid infighting. Eventually everything in the sky will receed from us so far it becomes causally disconnected and all the stars will eventually burn out and then it's just perpetual darkness and cold until your last few resources run out.

Yeah, they've had to jigger with the math by introducing dark matter, dark energy, dark blah blah, in order to make the model of the universe work. And introducing dark matter to represent like 80% of all matter is a compromise beyond compare. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I don't know. But if you're looking at a system, and trying to make your math match what you see, then introducing 3x as much stuff into that system to make the theory work, maybe it's time to start questioning the math. Even if that just means admitting that the rules you think are universal actually just break down at various stages of size. Quantum doesn't match with the standard model. So maybe the rules simply change with scale. Maybe none of it adheres to a logical system and we're still applying our human expectations on something that refuses to care about what our brains can, or cannot, comprehend.

great fucking song

Let's at least enjoy the ride.

cool.

>believing this bullshit

why do fluiddynamic-experiments show that we are completely stationary?

Attached: 1541638921137.gif (300x300, 566K)

Around what?

God people like you are so annoying. I know because I used to be just like you.

What, you mean educated?

I refuse to swallow your intergalactic blackpill.
The expanding, and fissle out theory may be the ultimate end but I believe we have more to do before that happens.

Attached: E1DD82C6-9216-45F5-BF01-1A9B8BB43AA7.jpg (657x870, 186K)

A party pooper.

Even no matter hard you're convinced of a fact, its still just a theory. Nothing in the realm of existence is absolute.
Therefore a smart and prosperous person tends to question everything.

No one here gets out alive

garvity

your mom

I guess time will be the answer to that.

This. Where are we goin’ dude bros?

Attached: 31F33480-D81D-48DE-8A3F-CDB4EC2A3687.jpg (708x433, 28K)

All sorts of cool stuff might happen meanwhile, we could be uploaded into a cloud AI and become one large conscience, who knows. But it appears the ultimate fate even for those seeking to travel and explore is to eventually have no destination to go to and a dwindling amount of energy to do anything with.

The truth is almost always upsetting.

Most of the current models of the universe are based on some really good science, it's not just a theory there's good observational evidence to work out mechanically what is happening and project that behaviour into the future. It might not be perfectly accurate and there's more to discover and understand but it's looking increasingly more likely to be true as we refine our ability to collect observational data.

This is not a new concept, OP. Also, this has nothing to do with /pol.

That model is incorrect. The Sun and Earth move, but not in that direction. We move sideways, not upways.

Attached: AACE35F8-988D-4F00-BCAB-9425C747A39F.jpg (500x375, 72K)

Whenever I look at this I think "how the fuck does gravity propagate?"

It cant be a massless particle that's the carrier, because it would be stuck at luminal speeds which means shit should've flown off from the Sun by now.

>yfw you realize this is why a majority of the land mass is in the northern hemisphere.

our night sky has been the same year after year season after season with the stars rotating around Polaris because the earth doesn't move

There is a 20k or 50k year precession which changes the North Star.

there is no evidence to support that claim

We have billions of years to figure it all out. We'll transition into synthetic life long before then. All we really need is a little corner of the universe to upload and maintain our consciousnesses.

You actually think shit looks like that?

The Universe isn't expanding, it's draining

>ITT

Attached: 29FCE303-9378-427E-A334-F07C7D77D06A.jpg (963x1024, 92K)

if you remove the light trails that visualize the motion, yeah I do

do you enjoy being a retard?

didnt think so

Draining into what/where?

This animation is bullshit

>but it would take generations
You're looking at 80,000 years minimum.

Our galactic center? We're on an arm of the Milky Way, user.

The supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

it’s going around a circle which is also moving

Show me your interpretation of the solar system then.
Yeah it would. I agree with you

Attached: EB8D68A3-B044-4880-98D0-BBBEBAAA4A92.jpg (960x640, 75K)

>the lanakiea supercluster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Attractor

it's just the universe man. no one really knows the truth, so i just read all things as a big science fiction.

maybe you find answers in death. religious texts seem to just want to control your soul after death and not allow you to find your true inner peace.

man

Attached: 5vyc0p82hyq11.jpg (2019x2046, 683K)

Except for orbital mechanics.

Speaking with absolute certainty about what is possible and not possible, in regards to the universe, is just plain stupid. If you described the modern world to people that lived 1000 years ago, they'd burn you on a stake for being a witch.

Well thats the "fun" thing about being a human, we have a conscience that has the ability to think in abstract thoughts to the point of infinite.

So along the way it's interesting to challange "facts" with a new hypothesis because you're right best you can do is chop it up to science fiction.

idc if people call me a retard or bash the concept, its just a "what if" and maybe it may give more insight to someone else

Attached: AE3A2CD5-33BB-449F-A9BE-DE7D65A77A88.jpg (1000x585, 135K)

Aye. I just want to explore as much of the universe as possible before then. I know its almost certainly not going to happen but I hope life extension becomes advanced enough in our time that we catch the wave of surviving thousands of years. I don't want to live forever, but I would like to see the end of the universe. Crazy I know, but as long as I'm alive I'm going to try.

Ending up between galaxies with nothing but your solar system would be some dark, freaky shit. But my kinda dark freaky shit.

>it appears the ultimate fate even for those seeking to travel and explore is to eventually have no destination to go to and a dwindling amount of energy to do anything with.

Yes but the point is to do some cool shit with the time that we do have.

Earth is flat and motionless. There would not be fixed star constellations if we were spinning and gyrating through space like in that simulation.

Attached: 967FC159-59F8-4295-80A1-1E9A4552B150.jpg (3444x3444, 1.03M)