Thought about moving to the Midwest

Well, I want to set up a small business that involves growing a New Lime Species and making Marmalade from them.

Attached: Citrus Glauca.png (800x599, 777K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vYTbxpSLMUw
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A
youtu.be/lIBJFAsYSWQ
youtu.be/-WUvDgJVd6A
youtu.be/El9RVIl47ZI
youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E
youtu.be/VNn3i1aakIs
youtu.be/sJM2HLYtW38
youtu.be/nTn6UMzAgZY
youtu.be/vWeoen7hPhY
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ
localfarmmarkets.org/ILsouthfarmmarkets.php
youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_3_gsgsnk
naispring.com/inventory?propertyId=1500-E-Main-Street
duckduckgo.com/?q=flamm orchards&t=iphone&ia=images&iax=images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ok? and?

Isn't citrus grown in Florida?

You can’t cultivate limes in the Midwest

You’ll need a greenhouse and heaters. Have fun!

Sage

not enjoying the new lime psyop

It is, I plan on growing a New Lime Species which is currently secret which can grow in most areas of America.

Be aware the food industry in every single step from growing to selling to restaurants have very slim margins of profit. Wish you the best though.

if you're conservative and believe in gun rights, come on over.

Sounds gay

I have studied the Biomes and indeed a Desert Lime hybrid can grow in the Midwest.

>which is currently secret
Which is why you are telling everyone on the internet about it?

What state. it snows in all of them and it's not as tropical as Florida.

I make Thatcher look like McDonnell.

just sell your moms ass on the strip, seems to have worked well for you so far.

I haven't told you the secret.

You should go for plums, persimmons, pears, apples, and maybe peaches depending on location. We have some wicked blackberries you may want to look into.

The Midwest has rich soil so maybe you don’t want to waste it on a fruit. If marmalade is the goal though then use a good fruit that you can actually grow in a deciduous area.

Spit my beer out.

he wants to assassinate the president.

Give me a call when you get here. We can go catch Water Moccasins together. Good eats, and good skins.

I'm not looking for a tropical area. I'm looking for a Great Plains environment.

it will freeze for half the year tard

Aren't they more of a Southern Species?

>Great Plains
Not the Midwest

Hit me. Desert Limes can tolerate -12.

Wait, the Dakotas are in the Midwest and on the Great Plains.

LMAO it gets a lot fucjin colder than that here in Wisconsin dude. It gets lower than -12F and is below +12C for a good three months of the year dude

Typically yes. They do live in many Midwestern States. The Cache River in Illinois is loaded with them. Big fat snakes.

Tell me more about your lime. If for some reason you are serious, I know where you should try.

Australian Limes can grow in most environments.

Might pick Kansas.

Nah. But I have seen them classified in it.

Is your minus 12 in celcius or Fahrenheit?

Well, the Lime I plan to grow can grow in Desert and Tropical environments.

Okay, hang on. Phonefagging and want to grab some links.

You're going to go broke dude just move to Florida or CA if you want to grow citrus. Literally never heard of anyone growing citrus anywhere else outside of greenhouse.

Here is an opportunity to learn some unique redpills from Papa
>the nature of Chaotic-Good and Jow Forums
youtu.be/vYTbxpSLMUw

>100th monkey effect and shitposting
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A

>NXIVM child cult in Columbia
youtu.be/lIBJFAsYSWQ

>eternal Memetics and symbolism
youtu.be/-WUvDgJVd6A

>article 13 is the great meme Iconoclasm of 2018
youtu.be/El9RVIl47ZI

>prophecy of a cyber future IF we DONT act
youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E

>your leading a revolution and dont even know it
youtu.be/VNn3i1aakIs

>planned parenthood expose , legal sacrifice
youtu.be/sJM2HLYtW38

>npc meme 3 part miniseries starts here
youtu.be/nTn6UMzAgZY

>john titor time travel trump doc
youtu.be/vWeoen7hPhY

>ingersoll lockwood and Baron trumps wonderful adventure
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ
And LOTS MORE, here is a small window into a world you might not know

Celsius.

We already grow regular limes there.
Seriously, orange trees line the streets in Arizona.

I thought you were going to Africa, Limey.

localfarmmarkets.org/ILsouthfarmmarkets.php

Come to Ohio, you'll love it. There is plenty to do here, a lot of fun. We're all just having a whole bunch of fun over here. Trust me, trust me...

this video might be relevant to your interests, best of luck m8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_3_gsgsnk

I know it's weird. I do plan on having a Greenhouse. But Desert Limes are Frost Resistant. I may completely revolutionise farming.

everyone hates marmalade.
everyone.

Dumped it because bad social environment.

I get it dude but -12C is like 15 degrees F and it's colder than that for a good 3-4 months of the year on a cold year

I'm seeing that they can tolerate up to - 5.5 CELSIUS. That's about 22 Fahrenheit. It gets a LOT colder than that pretty much anywhere in the Midwest for most of the winter and much of late fall and early spring.

That helps. Southern Illinois is your spot. Peaches are huge there and it is a Southern crop. Land is not good for corn, wheat, basedbeans. There are plenty of freshwater prawn farms nearby.

That's Southwest though.

If I screencap this thread and show it to you later you better give me a job.

We're full, fuck off. Midwest is extremely Germanic and they hold all the farm buizz here. Also growing Lime in the Midwest....what

You sound like a Southern Illinois fag. Can you handle tons of wildlife?

This. In Chicago/Wisconsin area it's been around mid 20-30 since like end of October all the way untill early march

The exact opposite. Fuck ohio it's boring as shit

That's great.

> below 12c for only 3 months
> Wisconsin
Are you retarded

You'll love this one!

Yeah, I used to study Zoology.

No user, you're not trying hard enough. We have Wal-Mart, Goodwill, antique shops, and places to eat, a lot of places to eat. Have you found any good places to eat yet. Please tell me of any good places to eat. Nom nom nom nom nom nom

dude you have to feel the lime

Yeah if I sell well, jobs will go to Americans, will not go into Mexican exploitation.

The soil alone is incompatible btw...
Purdue University has tried this and other citrus plants a years now and failed time and time again. The only fruit that midwest can grow abudance is mostly berries, apples and pears. Reason being, because of the soil contents.

I am going to play that you are serious. You won’t make crap on lime marmalade so am assuming you are looking for life enjoyment.

Southern Illinois is an interesting spot. Cost of living is nothing. A major university that studies farming, horticulture, and fisheries is near in a town of 20/30 thousand people. Rednecks and the overly educated have created an eclectic hodpodge of a culture. St Louis be a 3 hour drive and Nashville 2.5 hour drive.

Search Southern Illinois Peaches.

Here, this place is abandoned now and should be for sale.

Attached: GiantBasket.jpg (1200x800, 127K)

it actually varies
and a few areas still exist where sweat equity can pay off
but you really have to know what you are doing

Strange. But possible.

Biodiversity in Southern Illinois is second to none...well, third to Australia’s reef and Tennessee’s Duck river.

You may like a town like Makanda or Cobden Illinois.

I have to imagine to do this legally would require a fuck ton of paperwork. To start it might be considered a foreign species which could threaten cross pollination with indigenous, so youd need permission just to get it here. If its a gmo and you want to keep the rights to it youll probably need to get a patent for it. Youll need agricultural land which is probably more paperwork than normal. But illegally you could just come here, smuggle some seeds get a place with a big back yard and grow some trees, them make your own products from them. It would probably have to be sold under the table, maybe could get away selling it at mom n pop shops in small towns. But idk not a farmer.

They are no Normal Limes, they will blow your mind.

Ah no, there is no Native Citrus in the Americas.

I'm thinking more of a homestead.

For how much?

Don't come here. It's full.

England's full. We're of a little island.

I'm going to college right now for biology/genetics. Ideally I'd like to develop a series of cold resistant foods to make agriculture more viable in colder climates. I know this one might not be as profitable, but I think it'd be interesting to develop a cinnamon tree for cold climates. What can I say, I like cinnamon.

Interesting endeavor. Legal issues for growing in So Il are nothing. Ignore one of the posters.

Southern Illinois is your spot bong. As long as you are okay with poisonous snakes, wild cats and dogs...you are golden. The community there would most likely support you. It’s not city life so neighbors rely and trust each other.

Pic is La Rue Pine hills in Southern Illinois. They close roads in the Spring to let snakes migrate.

Attached: 479BC1A0-0748-4482-9D13-852AB8DE1481.jpg (2400x1600, 711K)

Sold for 1.7 million in December of 2017, it's an undisclosed price now.
Unironically though, this area of Ohio is actually booming hard in a business perspective.

naispring.com/inventory?propertyId=1500-E-Main-Street

That's really nice. I look out for my neighbors myself. You will absolutely not believe this but I once lent some tools to the police so they could break the lock of my neighbors door (She's old and she fell over and needed help), and they gave the tools back!

Google >Greenhouse in the snow.

Guy from Nebraska has been growing tropical trees and plants for 25 years.

duckduckgo.com/?q=flamm orchards&t=iphone&ia=images&iax=images

Link is Flamm Orchards. South of Makanda Illinois. Many places like this there. It’s rural fren.

Things for you to search:
Giant City State Park
Shawnee National Forest
Lake Kinkaid, Little Grassy Lake, Devils Kitchen Lake, Cedar Lake
Giant City Lodge
Garden of the Gods
Mississippi River
Southern Illinois Wine
Makanda Illinois
Metropolis
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale Illinois.
Climate.

You owe me!

sounds good except marmalade...yuk. does it taste the same?
a geothermal greenhouse would keep you in tall cotton for all food necessities.

Well if he goes the Dakotas route it's fucking empty, like drive for an hour and not see a single farm. You could probably buy land for $500 an acre

Attached: walldrug.jpg (796x600, 248K)

grow blood oranges.
few to be had & very expensive.

I don't know how I can repay you! I can send you an Eremolemon if that can suffice.

Attached: Eremolemon.jpg (1600x1200, 1004K)

That'll do! Just need inexpensive land.

That is surprising! I mean they didn't even arrest you for having a screwdriver.

I lived there when I went to uni. I have plumbing and electrical skills. At the pub on Christmas Eve and was called out to help. Was sick once...met my doc in public at 2:00am. He prescribed me medication and the pharmacist opened up at 2:30am to help. It’s a different world there. Produce stands have coffee cans with nobody nearby in which you put your money. Break the trust though and you are screwed.

good grief...soil can be amended. uni ag programs are deficient.

Thanks! :)

I’ll find you. I’ll stop by with a Pepe t-shirt and some fresh eggs.

Lul, they borrowed a Hammer!

A lot of farming happens in AZ. The only question is water, but the land itself is very arable in a lot of places, and it's not all saguaro cacti and sand dunes like everyone who hasn't lived there thinks for some reason.

Midwest is pretty cozy once you get your circumcision documents taken care of. What parts of the midwest were you looking at specifically?

"i have studied the bioms"
yeah growing any lime in the midwest is not hard, wtf are you smoking

depending on your business model and what your long term goals are you can lease prime farmland in almost any state for very cheap. Here in southern wisconsin farm land sells for around $3k an acre but you can lease it for $200/year or less.
considering getting into the business myself but with tomatoes and bell peppers instead of fruit

I'm probably the most trustworthy person you'll ever meet, it's in my nature, i'm Autistic.

Might pick North or South Dakota since land is cheap.

Well, people think of Westerns when they think of Arizona.

But my Lime will be High Yield.

Thanks! :)

There are a lot of good people up there. I live in the Southern States but am familiar with it. I’m also a math/stats geek that lives the biodiversity in Southern Illinois. The glaciers and the Gulf of Mexico stopped there. The landscape can change within a mile.

Pic is the Cache River.

Attached: D1611CDB-DAA3-438A-8C5C-9D8023CBE484.jpg (800x533, 79K)