How do I get a job ?

I'm starting the self improvement. I did everything except for the job part.
>How do I get a job ?
>How do you write a resume ?
>How do you do the job interview?

Attached: walmart-cyber-monday-720x720.jpg (720x480, 71K)

Try a temp agency

I got a job at a box factory by working for Adecco (temp agency)
its shit, but it is a way of building references to get better jobs.

call them or others explain your situation and they will try to help you

Indeed.com will take care of the first two, it has a resume system on it that's easy to fill out and you can download it once it's done for printing/ sending. From there, you apply to whatever is in your area(I suggest you hit filter and set it to 5 mile radius) and approach the location within the next 3 days. Ask if the position has been filled; they'll probably tell you apply online which is where you reply you have, leave your name and number and 90% of the time you get a call back in less than a day. The interview is on you, though

Attached: 1523919325882.jpg (700x867, 51K)

What do you do for job interview anxiety ?

Practice

They expect you to be nervous, it's normal, so that's okay. Just try your best to focus and answer their questions. Don't sperg out; less is more here, don't blabber on about extra shit.

>Don't sperg out; less is more here, don't blabber on about extra shit.
best answer

you're not applying for exec level jobs, so all they want to see is that you can do the job and that you can't a terrible person to work with.

>can't
aren't*

what are comfy office jobs that don't require a degree ?

there are lots of them, but you have to work up to them

Start low and keep getting promoted.

Whatever position you are in make sure you learn skills and make yourself important.

Once accomplished apply for other jobs that pay better, if you get an offer negotiate with your current employer to match it. If not go to the new job and repeat. Do this every 1-2 years

Are trade jobs any good and can you raise a family off of the low salaries ?

You don't need to have a degree to write software professionally. It pays incredibly well, the work-life balance will vary depending on company, and you'll never be unemployable as long as you keep learning.

I tried coding. I gave up after I kept forgetting how things worked.

State jobs.

Deep down, you either gave up because of a fear of succeeding or a fear of failure. Ask yourself which one it is, and be brutally honest with yourself.

He could also just be stupid, user.

Not to insult. It's just likely.

most of the people interviewing do it ALL the time, theyre also trained to be friendly and helpful. chances are, they wont think you're weird for being nervous.
be honest and smile a lot
talk about how much youd love to work there even if you dont and about how great you are with people even if you arent

that being said, if its an entry level position like target or walmart
if you got the interview youre pretty much hired
i think of it as a formality (:

data entry, mailroom stuff, customer service calling (although not comfy but u gotta start from the bottom)

Wondering this also

If someone dedicates their time learning and has a degree in something non-STEM related, could one realistically learn enough programming to get a job learning from scratch in 9 months or so?

this thread is relevant to me

how do i explain my period of unemployment?

Research the company. Come up with some questions to ask them. Look online for sample interview questions and think of what you might say.

Try not to over prepare, it should feel a little improvised, but if you have a game plan you'll ace it. I usually write some bullet points for myself, because my mind tends to go blank in those situations.

And always be confident. Know your strengths and think of how you'll be a good employee.

I work for an office supplies store as the night manager. Have dealt with plenty of new hires.
The biggest things that have influenced me hiring them was their availability, their age (being out of teenage years is a big plus), their willingness to work hard, and their sincerity. Having a well formatted, grammatically correct resume will almost always get you an interview, even if it includes nothing but who you are and why you want a job. People who "perform" well in interviews disgust me - they recite lines, dress in their best clothes, show off accolades, and overall act as if they are entitled a job; and they will always let you down, because they're faking it. Don't fake it. Just listen to what I say, do what I tell you, work hard, and don't fuck me around, and you'll be more worthwhile than 99% of the hires I see.

Trade jobs are not low-paying. If they are low-paying in your area then move somewhere else where they are in demand and wages double or tripple.

Even working at a modern factory is a trade job these days with the Proces Operator education (which I have)
And I make madddd cash, so does my collegues and we all live middle-class lifestyles

Electricians, smiths and plumbers are always needed in the economy.
Welding pays good but is shit for health and obviously monotonous

Ask your friends if they have any open positions at there workplace,you do have friends with jobs right?

I don't have friends at all

Not to derail OP's thread but can you live off of a low salary ? Something like 30,000$ or 40,000$

>trades
>low salaries
You may want to get off whatever drugs you're on before starting your job hunt. HVAC techs make like $25/hr starting, plumbers like $35/hr. It only goes up from there.

I've lived off around $26k a year for the last five years. It's not hard. I could live like a senator on $40k.