I read many books about economics (that's my career), and as a student I don't have much money, so if I can...

I read many books about economics (that's my career), and as a student I don't have much money, so if I can, should I get a kindle?

Attached: book-vs-kindle.jpg (480x321, 17K)

I usually shill for tablets. Kindles make more money through the books/services you buy after the fact, not necessarily from the initial purchase. In my experience they try to wall you in and encourage you to buy buy buy. Their features can be limited because of this.

With a tablet you have more flexibility. You can download whatever apps you want, download free books straight off google, view colour images, even listen to music off it, etc. The main downsides I know of are the glare of the screen, the battery life is not nearly as good as a kindle, and I think they're heavier as well.

No, as a student you pirate the books or get them from the library. Only pay for books if you really need to.

Your school should have the classics.
The new meme economics books should be in a public library.
I have a kindle that I use while I'm at work when we aren't busy but it's not the best replacement for an actual book.
I wouldn't jump on it if you already have a laptop.

The new kindles have all of the tablet shit, just with an easier to read screen. It's easy to ignore the shilling shit if your IQ is north of 50.

I love my Kindle and read pretty much exclusively through it. That being said the reason for that is I pirate all my books. Though Kindles are good at traditional books textbooks are a bitch to read on one.

If you're intending to read textbooks for academia, then I don't recommend an ereader. I can't speak for highest-end readers, but for the mid-range, you can't jump to, or find sections super easily.

Much better to get a convertible laptop, or a tablet for textbook ebooks.

If instead you're intending to just read books sequentially like normal without much cross-study or refering, then yeah an ereader is a great choice. Super compact and convenient.

In terms of ereaders, personally, I went for a Kobo as it supports the open epub format. Amazon has a more locked-down ecosystem that you have to faff around with to circumvent.

t. Student; has convertible laptop/tablet, kobo ereader, and physical textbooks.

what tablet is good?

Kindle is waste of money. Kinda like apple among ereaders. Kindle cant even open pirated epub books and their pdf and txt file support is laughtable.

You as a student need notebook to play dota and csgo and for everything else you need pen and paper. Library should be all you need beyond that.

>pro tip
The most effective learning technique is explaining subhect to your schoolmate. Second best is to read the book and at the same time compiling notes from it.

Ebook is for people who love to read conventional heavy books. When you study for exam, you skip, make notes, yell, cry and cum on pages aka everything you cant do with e reader.

Get a library card?

Depends on your needs and your willingness to pirate, OP.

Large format textbooks and anything picture heavy, get a tablet or a laptop. Novels, get an e-reader. The reading experience on an e-reader is much better than an actual tablet if you're doing it for any extended length of time on a regular basis.

>Kindle is waste of money. Kinda like apple among ereaders. Kindle cant even open pirated epub books and their pdf and txt file support is laughtable.

Well, first off: converting epub to mobi is literally 10 second job that any retard can do, and most programs that do so email it straight to the kindle after conversion. I don't know where you're getting your information about txt support either, as those are perfectly fine. pdfs are fair enough but generally if its pdf its going to be a textbook or similar, which kindles and e-readers in general arent really intended for.

Having to convert shit you're not paying for in the first place really doesn't outweigh the fact that everything else about it blows other e-readers the fuck out of the water.

Actually I have lots of pdf files but reading them on my phone or notebook just kills my eyes.
Most of them are just pure text, a few of them have graphics.

book, you can write in it.

Kindle for nontechnical books. Anything I can't find off Libgen in an ePub/Mobi format I'll buy a physical copy. Dislike PDFs.

Get an ebook reader and pirate books (use libgen.io and calibre)
Don't just get a regular-ass tablet
the reading experience is way different with the e-paper style displays compared to normal backlit LCD shit.

The kindle is only good when reading for leisure, otherwise is "yet another gadget" together with your laptop and phone.

what about comprehension?

go

to

the

fucking

LIBRARY

ereader just makes sense

and yeah books in pdfs sucks

I love my kindle. Just use libre to convert files you find online and its pretty great. Look up a scratch and dent kindle 7th generation on eBay for 30 dollars you won't regret it.

Attached: Thermal_pad_for_cpu._mind_blown...jpg (1000x1387, 293K)

the library of my university sucks

Option 1. Public library
Option 2. Interlibrary loans

holy fucking based

:D

Chromebook + library, unless you're some kind of muh privacy autist

Get an iPad. Way more useful.

Do you think you need it? If not, use the money to make more money.

>battery
I've never in my life seen the battery die on a book, except that one time I was reading a book to my 4 year old niece, and the cow stopped mooing

well, if I know how to pirate the books it will save me many dollars because the books are really expensive

bumperino