Has it happened to you yet?

Has it happened to you yet?

I'm 28 and feel like musically I'm stuck in 2012/2013

Did this happen to anyone else where you stopped following or being into new music

like don't get me wrong I still download a new album here and there but it's usually stuff like Taylor Swift's new album and stuff.

I just find myself just going back and listening to music that I was really into from when I was 17-23

only new person I've listens to is Cardi B and I literally only heard about her last week when she has supposedly been making it big for some time now (I love be careful and thru your phone)

Attached: itll-happen-to-you_zps4e8fa255.png (501x374, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sonemic.com/charts/
youtube.com/watch?v=g86eWfqoOps
youtube.com/watch?v=aasGHntEio4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't get 'it' when I was in highschool and I don't get it now (33)

Apparently I became cool as fuck by not caring and doing my own thing

Pop culture = painfully average pleb shit

Well, after now it seems that my musical tastes have derped as well. In high school my taste were on par with typical normie. Now it seems I can’t get into anything new. Pretty much have gained a taste for vintage EDM and retro music.

Had to find my iPod video and had a mix of emotions listing to my taste from a decade ago.

Pop music seems expire very quickly. Pretty much why I gave up on that as well.

>be 32
>musically stuck in 1975
Very seldom do I find a current artist I like but there are a few. I'd say about 80% of what I listen to is from before 1990 though. I was into a lot of drugs in highschool so I was big into Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and shit. Meddle and Animals are the best Floyd albums by the way, fuck The Wall and Darkside.

Listen to whatever you want. Who cares. I was blasting some Blossom Dearie in the warehouse at work the other day.

>Pop music seems expire very quickly

yes and no

Everything that is made expires quickly but is also typically just rehashed shit in the first place

I've never worried about that sort of thing. Since high school, all I really listen to is classic rock and niche electronic music. More specifically, I heavily listen to Pink Floyd and The Beatles, so new hit music never really fancies me.

>I was born in the wrong generation the thread
None of you are over the age of 18, stop lying.
>namedropping Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles

I'm stuck in 2007, because that's before things became overly corporate and gay (compared to what I knew and grew up with), including Jow Forums.

Op here I used to be quite into hip hop and electro music but feel lost and uncool with today's hip hop and elctro

Nobody cares. Fuck off.

it's very much about culture (if you count out all that bullshit rap about xanax and stuff). if you aren't popping molly and licking assholes then you're pretty much not real enough for that scene. perhaps you are more suited to dad rap such as Kayne West.

>dad rap such as Kayne West.
yeah he's my favorites artist and basically where I'm stuck lmao

well people like Jay-Z and Em are falling out, but Kayne has staying power because he's a true artist who will be at least somewhat respected in music history.

That's really just whatever and okay, man. I've listened to maybe 25 or so albums from the 2010s in full, and 300 or so from 1960s-2009. There's no need to confine yourself, or feel like you have to keep up with this trend or that. I remember a friend was trying to get me to listen to To Pimp A Butterfly when that was hot shit, but I was already knee deep in 90s post-hardcore and didn't feel like contemporary music. It's whatever, man. Why is this a thread.

also I like Nas. The production on some of his albums is really bad though, not good for my hard of hearing (I'm 23)

>not good for my hard of hearing (I'm 23)
Wew, lad. You gotta lower your shit to below 85db. Same age is you but recently my tinnitus kicked up a fuckton. You adjust to the lower volume after a few days. Gotta take care of yourself.

There's so much music out there, OP, it's ok. Even in your prime years there was probably plenty of amazing music that you never even discovered let alone all the new music that keeps coming out year after year. It's very difficult to keep up. Unfortunately, though, that's just how life works. Enjoy the tunes you find, user. Don't worry about being with it or trendy.

I'm 24, musically stuck in 1990's
damn sister would listen to all that fucking TLC and n sync, I just started listening to mazzy star

I’m stuck in 1983. Come visit.

For anyone looking for new music, use the Sonemic chart builder.
sonemic.com/charts/
Should be on the left. You can narrow exact genres, sub-genres, influences, decades, to single years. It's great.

Look into Tara Jane O'Neil.
youtube.com/watch?v=g86eWfqoOps

Attached: mfw.gif (256x256, 1.82M)

I pretty much have Mozart ear genetics. They're gonna go. Honestly, I could still hear the textures from instruments and all that until one night I was coerced into going to this degenerate club where some piece of shit bartender was supposedly DJing. He turned the volume up so loud that anyone with a genetic predisposition to hearing loss definitely lost a chunk that night.

Fucking asshole, that DJ. Sorry for your condition, but we've got high tech hearing aids, now. Docs can even alter your cochlea directly. Don't give up, man. I know what it means to listen to music nearly every minute you can.

not psychedelic enough

youtube.com/watch?v=aasGHntEio4

My craving for good post-rock will never be satisfied.

If you go to live music, wear ear plugs.
I'm serious! you seriously don't miss out on anything with them in, I actually think you can hear more with earplugs in because they block out all the white noise, you can hear every detail from the band/act. And you save your hearing to boot. I don't go and see bands without earplugs now.

Yes I guess it’s happened to me, I never listen to my radio in my car instead I put on my pandora and listen to shit I listened to in high school

23 and I can't do the new pop-country, mumble rap or the 2015-current seizure dubstep. I still look forward to my spotify release radar every week.
Godsmack's new album is shiiiiiiit.

The hilarious part is that this is what your parents and their parents say.
Source: am part of your parents generation and hang out sometimes with their parents generation.

I had a brief period of being kind of cool back around 21.

I fell out of cool quickly since then.

With that said, I still explore and enjoy new bands, artists, and genres on a semi-regular basis, but with a hard bend toward shit that I already like.

Forgot to mention: 28 years old, can’t stand “classic rock” or the oldies. Not a fan of Godsmack, disturbed, or similar so called “heavy” music. Not usually big into shit in the radio for the past ten years (Katy perry and nicki minaj are the tits tho).

My tastes bridge the gaps between MCR, bluegrass, dubstep and electronics, folk metal, alternative, rap, and just about anything in between.

Its a normal psychological thing to get"stuck in your adult formative years. 18-25 years old is when your brain is finishing developing and you start becoming the adult you'll be, so it's normal that music etc. From those formative years really sticks with you. You can recreate this "reminiscence bump" by going through another major change in life, like a career switch or going back to school.

I heard like third-hand information somewhere that apparently 16 is when your taste in music is pretty much cemented for life.

You might go onto other genres when obviously you grow out of your teenage and early 20s, but apparently you will always go back "home" to whatever it was that you first really got into as a teen.

I can't say that's my case though. Musically, I've completely move on from when I was 16. I grew up on punk and metal and these days it makes up maybe like 10% of my daily listening and overall library. I listen to just about everything and anything.

I guess maybe it's also because punk and metal are meant for teenagers and once you grow out of those rebellious angst and puberty anger phases music like metal and punk just sort of falls flat. If I had grown up listening to classic rock or happy hardcore maybe I would still be into those.

protip: people listen to pop music because they like dance and have fun, not because they treat their music like aged wine at a sommelier's competition

Attached: 1507149144911.jpg (1024x1022, 111K)

Fuck if I know user. i'm a Pleb music wise. I listen to stuff like IAMX, Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave. How? I stumble upon a song on a movie or show, then search for it, then find the artist, and that's it. I don't go looking for music. Hell, I've never come across people discussing music in general.

Found my main passion in classic music as a 10 year old. When it comes to more mainstream music, I like the late 80's (lots of great German songs from that time) to early 2000 (early Coldplay or Linkin Park albums, for one).

Just wait.

Hearing Nirvana on the oldies station.......