Trans

Need some serious help here guys

>be me
>get gf 6 months ago
>just came out to me as trans, now identifies as a man
>also know that she was sexually assaulted as a child
>has previously stated she felt afraid of middle aged white men and that she had felt taken advantage of for being a girl
>have a feeling shes running away from being a girl out of fear
>is talking abt going on testosterone and undergoing top surgery

Should i tell her how i feel lads. I think she's making a terrible decision based on popular media to run away from past trauma. I need help.

Attached: 687474~1.gif (600x338, 1.55M)

We got ourselves a sissy boy here fellas

Talk to her about getting a binder, and tell her to hold off on the irreparable stuff like hormones or surgery.

She has a binder and is moving very fast toward everything else. Just yesterday she said T was an option but now she says she's totally for it.

Just drop her and make sure you next gf isn't mentally fucked up

I would except for the fact that im the only person she's told about the assault, so i feel obligated to fix the fuck shit, because i think i know why shes doing it

There's literally nothing you can do other than be supportive but firmly state that you think it's dangerous to rush into this so quickly.

The T isn't hard for her to get, but to get approved for surgery typically a psych eval is required I think. If she gets psychiatrically cleared for it, it's really not appropriate for you to interfere. You aren't a mental health professional.

I think you're right, and im not afraid of the mental psych eval. She would'nt pass, she's chronically depressed and on Prozac.

>She would'nt pass, she's chronically depressed and on Prozac.
That doesn't mean she won't get passed. You don't need to be in perfect mental health to get approved. Depression is normal in people with gender dysphoria.

You should guide her towards getting the psych eval though rather than doing shit like getting the drugs first.

Does he expect you to change your sexual orientation?

What happens in relationships like this? The partners can't just become gay, can they?

Thank you thats what im talking to her abt at this moment because testosterone can be stopped but will leave lasting effects on the body

I also need advice on how to convince someone not to transition

You won't be able to do it. You don't have the training or power over her. Just chill the fuck out and get her in to see the shrink about getting an unequivocal diagnosis of being trans.

You must be confusing me with the OP

Not exactly. She would only be undergoing top surgery and T not bottom surgery.

Nigga fuck convincing her of shit, get the hell out of there and don't look back. Even if by some miracle you convinced her otherwise, she's fuckin insane already.

Honestly the same advice applies; you won't be able to convince this person not to transition, you do not have the mental health training nor do you have the power to deny them treatment if a physician agrees that it's medically or psychiatrically necessary.

The best thing you can do for someone who's trying to transition is to get them to a good psychiatrist to clarify whether he or she is actually trans.

How could i do this realistically

It depends on a lot of factors including who this person is to you and how involved you are in the decisionmaking process.

I mean, if it's literally just a friend, you're probably not going to do it.

No it's my gf

I know you're right but it feels like I'm allowing someone to ruin their life and I get angry knowing that I can't stop them, there's something's in life you can't change man

Again, if you get this person to a competent shrink who does an honest to goodness psych eval and confirms a diagnosis of being transgender, they aren't "ruining their life" by proceeding with reassignment.

Thanks guys I think I know what i'm gonna do now. OP out

if she has a binder try just doing guy stuff with her (him?). There's a reasonable chance she's just tomboyish and not actually trans, cus going from nothing to trans is kinda a 180°

Nothing is normal about gender dysphoria.