Which job to choose?

I had 2 job interviews today and both of them offered me the job on the spot.

Job A:
Pros
>will be machine operator with a strong company
>will start at $15.75hr
>good health/dental benefits
>something new and sounds interesting
Cons
>don't really know what I'm getting into, responsibilities are vague
>2nd shift
>10hr shifts
>fast-paced

Job B:
Pros
>9-5 mon-friday, always
>holidays off
>it's a new company that works with silk from silkworms
>i would be caring for/breeding the worms and moths which sounds really awesome to me
Cons
>starts at $10 and no benefits because it's a new company

I can't decide between working shifts and hours I don't want for decent money vs shifts and hours I do want, and work I want to do, for less money.

Attached: 20838132_110120949696919_555800129953595392_n.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Job A. Easy.

I’d go with the second one, it’s much more calm and relaxed, working around animals always sooths me.

First off, congratulations on your job offers. Is $10/hr enough to live off of for you? If not, you should take the one that you can pay your bills with. If it is enough, take the silkworm job. You spend roughly half of your waking day at work, do something cool.

10 hours is a long time, but only two hours longer than B and there's more money. Your salary is unlikely to change quickly with either company so the money matters. You probably also need that to live and save money.

You're German so you get 29 days paid leave minimum? I guess B gives you all the public holidays additionally? I'd say 29 days is good enough atm and the health/dental is ok too.

You’re German? Forget it, go with A, you need all the money you can get before ze Jews come and take it away

I live in USA now. How'd you know I was German?

I've been making $11hr with an average of 31 hours a week. I can pay my bills but it doesn't leave me much. I want a job I will being happy with though. And thanks.

How do you guys know this

If money is not a problem just go for what you like

>aka If you don't have a family to support 10/hr should be enough to live comfortably

Your pic related has a German flag on his arm

I'd go with the silkworm job and it isn't even close. But it depends how old you are too. How old are you?

This is really tough because 15.75 is good money starting, but that silk worm job sounds fucking SWEET, really unique and interesting.

Let me ask you this, is there any room for advancement at that job?

Some info about my situation that might help:

I left my unique job I loved for better money and benefits. Yes, I am less interested in my work during the day, work longer hours and am tired. But, when I'm off, it's nice to not have to pinch every penny worrying about extra spending. If I want to buy nice clothes or concert tickets, I do it. Gf wants to go to a nice restaurant on Friday? No problem. AND I have money to save.

And benefits are a game changer dude. No more stressing about if I'm too sick to work or how I'm gonna get by after taking time off.

So it's a trade of one type of freedom for another. It all depends on what you value more.

I don't know if there's any advancement in the silk job.

What was your unique job?

Welp, went with job A. It has way more pros and they already gave me the job. Reslly not sure what I'm getting into, but gonna give it my best.

Attached: tumblr_p079p0BEYi1s3imabo1_1280.jpg (1280x1707, 783K)

>$15.75
>Decent money

Is this bait

It's good pay where I live, especially for someone with no college degree.

If yo work 10 hour shifts, does this mean you only need to work 4 days per week to get your 40 hours in?

It's decent if you don't know any better and/or don't have a college education. You gotta start somewhere. I jumped over $17/hour cause I didn't know any better and I didn't go to college. I make $30/hour now and in retrospect yeah 17 isn't shit but it was good at the time. Hell 30 isn't even enough these days but you gotta start somewhere.

Yes.

Op here, I can live pretty comfy on $16hr so I'm excited.

Job A sounds much better

Ok shit guys, I really don't know which one to do.

Attached: c69.jpg (636x768, 48K)

B. Second shift fucks you in the ass when it comes to having a social life. I would never take 2nd shift if it paid ever 100k a year

That's the biggest issue I'm having.

What would you guys do?

Job C: write spy novels

>00:15:55
I actually kind of do that already

We'll at 29 you probably should think in terms of benefits. Private health insurance costs a bundle, and at $10/hr you could probably pay for it anyway. But also that silkworm job is cool. Imagine telling people that's what you do, chicks will dig it

>15
Yeah it's a lab that creates spider silk from silkworms and moth in effort to create protective gear for police and military using the material. It sounds so cool.

Doing shift work if you are not inclined for it will be bad for your mood and health.

Take the other gig, it's a strong economy, if things don't work out you can seek new jobs in six moths time

I would say job B i know a lot of people that got dicked over by vague job descriptions.

If I get job B I can meep working at my current job, too and just work 2 jobs. Better than 2nd shift and 10hr days to be honest.

Will be working with these cuties.

Attached: 25a308f4171b9fc7706042b257a018ca.jpg (650x365, 19K)

Job B if it's enough money for you. Vague responsibilities is a huge red flag for me. Last job I had did that and roped me and the other new guy into splitting the work of another position because they didn't want to pay a third person

Job B seems better.
here's what i think, which you might never considered
>A seems like a easily replaceable job, which means you are not actually secured with the job, meanwhile, B will make you a professional dealing with moths, and knowledge in a silk industry, which make you more valuable as a unique worker.
>Do B sounds like they have a plan? or they are like "hmm, doesn't seems like anybody doing silk business, guess we can try that." ?
>You're 29, so you still have 1 or 2 years to fuck around before settle down on a long term job.
>You can always quit anytime if you don't like A / B job.
I would definitely choose job B because a stable working time is more preferable to me.
And while the pay is shitty now, If the company did well in the future, i will be the important member for the company that stayed with them and stayed loyalty. The company won't forgets that, hopefully.But i can always bargain for a raise if i'm super knowledgeable about the company & breeding, and it will be a big loss for them if i leave

The HR lady for the silk lab says she can't promise if it's going to be a lifelong career type of job, and raises aren't set in stone. But she says since she's worked there for a year and a half the company has only grown.

I personally wouldn't go with a new company/startup, but maybe that's the right choice, who knows. You seem to have skills so I'd go with A and stick with it a little bit, especially for the much increased pay.

>if it's going to be a lifelong career type of job,
i'm pretty sure an expertise like this are hard to find elsewhere. Unless you're just "doing what's told" and paid no efforts into learning more.
>raises aren't set in stone.
It might take awhile, but when the company grown, i doubt that they will not give you a raise.