Mental health general

About to quit taking my meds (anti psychotics)

Convince me why I shouldn't.

Attached: 1525177817301.jpg (622x588, 265K)

Because it would be stupid.

which anti psychotics?

do you want to hear those gay voices again?

Because you have a serious mental disorder that can’t be fixed by readjusting your cares and habits like most of these fake depressed retards on this board.

Your cause isn't like "le depression antidrugs". Your case is actually well researched and probably the route to go. Take your fucking anti insanity meds.

any manlets here go to a psychiatrist cause of their height? how did they treat you? did they laugh and think it was stupid or they treated it as something serious? im considering going to one cause being a 5'4 manlet is literally making me not want to do anything anymore and im seriously considering killing myself cause everything literally evolves around height such as career and dating.(serious question)

Attached: IMG_20180501_151930_432.jpg (612x608, 24K)

Buy some crack and smoke it.

Antipsychotics are gains goblins and are guarenteed to make you fat and disgusting and give you Parkinson's. Stop taking them immediately

Keep those moods stabalized, senpai. The highs are high but the lows are so much lower.

A psychiatrist shouldn’t and wouldn’t laught at the your reason for consult, on the other hand there are no meds for stopping being a manlet so go to a psychologist instead, it’s cheaper in most cases

Don't do it or you'll end up in a mental hospital like I did.

If, by changing your lifestyle, and by being diagnosed by a medical professional, you are still feeling depressed, you will need to take your medication.

Anti-depressants are drugs that allow for a conditioned flow of serotonin because your brain isn't doing it well, skipping medications, there are lifestyle changes that may help, but if it's clinical, you're just fucking yourself in the long run.

yea i mean meds to make me not want to kill myself and to be happy

these meds literally make you retarded, stop taking drugs and fix the cause of your mental problems, avoid problems and live with it

He's not a bigger, he needs meth.

Quit them user. Antipsychotic drugs are just jewish mind control chemicals

Psychiatrists cant make you taller

Yea, it's been extremely hard trying to cut while on zyprexa. I've been taking 2.5 mg Every night for the past 8 months. Gonna quit cold turkey.

Kinda worried about anxiety attacks and psychosis but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'll just stay locked up in my room to avoid over-stimulation and slowly reintegrate into society when my brain gets back to normal. Pretty sure the drug fried my neural circuits idk.

Attached: 1525183264138.jpg (458x456, 22K)

take a holidays somewhere in south asia

no shit thats why i want anti depressants

Will do brother

Attached: 1525181254457.jpg (640x960, 131K)

Please take your meds, user. It's for your own good. I don't want you to be scared or your brain turning to mush if it's schizophrenia... even if it's not that, antipsychotics are taken for a lot of incredibly debilitating mental illnesses and I fear for your safety if you were to go off of them.

That being said, do antipsychotics completely halt muscle training? I think if I can't complete my goal if I have to go on them would make me so incredibly depressed. I have to go see a psychiatrist over the summer.

Attached: CAF33965-2CC1-40B8-A2B5-62375AD3E581.png (314x363, 16K)

psychfag here, zyprexa is no joke. If they have you on that then you probably need it. I guarantee whatever you'd gain from quitting is not worth it.

What happened exactly that caused you to be put on it?

Because you’ll end up admitted on a legal hold.

>I'll slowly reintegrate into society when my brain gets back to normal
>gets back to normal

>>>Jow Forumsrules/2

>Pretty sure the drug fried my neural circuits idk.
Your neural circuits were already fried by the fact that you were the one having them. The drug just salvaged them, and you're going to throw it away again.

Hey guys, did you all know schizophrenia is heritable? If we just sterilized them then we'd stop having to deal with them.

Anti depressants have actually been proven to worsen the condition. I don't think you know what you're going on about but know meds unless you're schitzophrenic or bi polar you don't need meds you need to fix your diet and hobbies or whole lifestyle in some cases people are depressed for specific reasons not because they don't produce serotonin that shit only happens with drugs or other addictiions

>IMPLYING schizos POSSIBLY get to mate anyway
Pathetic WHELP

I had depression. Antidepressants put me at a constant neutral. No more suicidal thoughts but no more having fun. Quit after half a year. Still get depressed but at least I feel something. (Also my dick didn't work)

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'm betting a doctor prescribed those to you. Another shot in the dark, but im guessing that doctor prescribed them to you because youre prone to emotional outbursts that are dangerous for you and those around you.
Just take your pills faggot.

Attached: 1514041625212.jpg (306x306, 16K)

I think that you're the one a bit confused. Depression is a multi-variable disease, in that, while lifestyle (such as diet, exercise, etc.) are important factors in determining intensity and occurrence of depression, fixing these is only fixing a singular part of a whole problem.

Depression is a very, very complicated issue, as there are many affecting factors. Social stimulus (friend groups, family units, work, etc.), Physiological (serotonin receptors and regulating levels of serotonin and dopamine), and psychological (anxiety induced depression (whereby your quality of life decreases over time due to anxiety), pessimistic and nihilistic perspectives on reality, lack of motivation or feelings of fulfillment, lack of feelings of joy or happiness, etc.). The list goes further, but honestly, depression is very hard to "fix", so we "patch" it instead.

I've had depression for literally over a decade (diagnosed as Major Depressive), so trust me when i tell you that Anti-depressants aren't some evil poison. They aren't. They allow physiologically, you to try to antagonize or stop the flow of serotonin, depending on the type and strength, and allow for an attempt at an equilibrium physiologically.

Will anti-depressants "fix" your depression? No. Anyone believing that anti-depressants "fix" anything are morons. Anti-depressants are a tool, a step towards addressing the issues pertaining to an individuals depression. It's like trying to fix a leaking dam, It's a temporary fix.

Side effects are varied and are hard to talk about, but they can be bad for some people for sure. Which is why when using ANY medication prescribed by a doctor, it should be under medical guidance, hence seeing a psychiatrist in the first place and undergoing psychological assistance is the way you even get anti-depressants in the first place.

As for changing lifestyle, that should be used WITH anti-depressants, not just assume that prescribed medications are bad.

The fact that you think you can stop taking them means they are working. I've fallen in this trap. Fuck the stigma, unless they are actively doing you harm stay on them.

Attached: DS6PK6nVQAELwsa.jpg (900x790, 63K)

Stopped taking antipsychotics
Life is great.
Rule of thumb:
Do you feel helped? If the answer is no, take a year to self improve, no drugs. Changed my life. I almost died.

Almost died on the drugs***

I've been on SSRIs for almost a year now (was on Zoloft for a couple of months before but changed because it was doing me more harm than good) and things have gotten better in many ways.
However, I still experience breakdowns about 0.5-1 a month on average, I still passively contemplate suicide when I feel extremely** stressed and I've been experiencing higher levels of anxiety lately which pretty much stops me from being a responsible productive member of society (I'm missing an extra-curricular group meeting as I'm typing this).

I don't really want to stop taking these meds because my psychiatrist insists I keep taking them while trying out therapy (still haven't gotten around to scheduling with a shrink though...), but I'm left to wonder if this is really taking a positive effect on me and if I'd be much worse without it.
I'm not exactly left numb as many people claim to.

Attached: 1367146578140.gif (152x200, 397K)

>Convince me why I shouldn't.
Nice larp blog faggot

I don’t want you to do anything stupid like hurting yourself

I have one too, stopped taking it because im "cured" start having episodes and my sister hates me now

You could at least try to talk to your doctor about that and reduce the dose gradually.

i have adhd and before i was prescribed adderall, every day was suffering for me. i couldn't think straight, my mind felt like it was going at 100mph, i was suffering in school, and when i finally started, i finally found peace. i could actually close my eyes and focus and think and understand. sure this is an anecdote but think to yourself user:

what were you like before starting your medication? were you happy? did you have a high quality of life? were you unable to do things you could do now while on your medicine? is this previous state something you want to regress back into?

use basic logic.

a (your mind is stable) + b (your doctor approves) = c (you stop taking antipsychotics)

if conditions a and b aren't being met, figure out why.

>I'm seeing a nurse.
Many nurses are only qualified to do med management, not to put people "on" or take them "off".

>My prescriber believes I should be on pharma for life.
Get a new prescriber who doesn't think this.

>I'm not doing fine, and I feel these drugs are making me worse.
Discuss this with your prescriber.

I am with you op.
Gonna stop taking my Fanapt, oxcarbenzipine, and fluvoximine Tonite.
God damn side effects are worse than the illness. Seroquel made me sleep 16-17hrs a day and put on fifty pounds in 6months. Fanapt makes my left eyelid twitch and has killed my ability to orgasm