Best u.s state to relocate to for employment and living?

hey there Jow Forums, i'm a NEET trying to recover, i need to pick a state to live in, I have no job experience, connections or friends, i'll be moving with literally nothing but about $400 (no car or assets, don't have time, need to move out asap), I will get room board and food in exchange for a few hours of volunteering with a work exchange service though, so I'll have to find a job i can work at after i finish volunteering

what state should i go to and what kind of jobs should i apply for (need to make $2k a month so i can move out)? any advice / tips for making it from nothing?

Attached: makoto.jpg (300x168, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's about what city you move to, not as much what state.

Just off the top of my head there are more than handful of states with no State Income Tax. It totally matters what state you live in though because there are a ton of other strings attached to each one.

I would suggest Texas. Cost of living is low and there are plenty of jobs where you could easily make 2k/month.

the goal isn't to wade at full time earning 2k a month. it's to get a skill and then earn at least 3k.

right, but which city?

the exact location will depend on which host family accepts my application but i guess i can still apply or maybe find a way to get there and apply?
alright, so austin maybe?
right, i was thinking of finishing 12th grade online and starting a few businesses, one a landscaping / window washing and cleaning company starting out door-to-door and craigslist, the other a social media / marketing consulting company starting out contacting smaller / local businesses, handing out my business card etc

Attached: sato1.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

Austin is expensive and full of hipster fags.

fuck no austin is expensive

dallas. or houston. san antonio is a spic shithole

if you're doing domestic you might as well be able to clean the entire house. industrial window washing is another thing.

if you have money to start a business why are you having an issue?

probably too hot as well

>too hot as well
It's a trade off for living in some portions of Texas. You get used to it after awhile anyway so in the end it's actually more of a win.
I'd second Houston. I'm a little biased cause I live here. I did live in Dallas for awhile but I didn't really like it as much. There's a lot more culture in Houston and more to do. I'm pretty sure that's a fact.

good point. plus if hipsters like it that probably means you'll like it. most places nobody really likes much and they just drink.

in texas all the manual labor jobs are filled by illegal immigrants

go for a state up north

>most places nobody really likes much and they just drink.
That's just depressing... Those people just ain't living right and if that's how you think all people live you're just setting yourself up for future failure by being a pessimist.

Have you tried using google and searching for words like
>jobs
>cost of living
>average speed of internet
>crime frequency
>healthcare cost
>rents
>prostitution
>alcohol laws
>obesity levels
Nobody can tell you where you want to live. Everybody choose living area by different standards.

Before you move you want to get a job in the location FIRST...

yeah i heard about that, guess not then
hmm alright, i'll try looking for hosts in dallas and houston, i thought spanish-named places like san antonio was always a big no-go, are you sure there are non-slave job opportunities in dallas and houston?
the plan is to start with domestic an expand to semi-industrial (small corporate etc) but shooting for the roof with full on industrial isn't something i wouldn't be willing to do

>if you have money to start a business why are you having an issue?

i never said i have money to start the business, i just said my goal was to eventually get money to start a business instead of just staying at 2k and or getting a skill then making 3k
which state / city up north specifically?

Attached: sato2.jpg (704x400, 20K)

2k a month is livable?

yeah i have, and the majority of my research points towards austin texas, bismarck / fargo north dakota, and sometimes utah but nobody really agrees on those lists so i figured it was good if i got the opinions of people who actually live there / have extensive knowledge / experiences of certain areas, of course i'm going to choose but that doesn't mean i can't ask around to get an idea, right?

my living standards apart for high speed internet, a livable paying job, affordable 1 bedroom apartment living and low-hardly any crime are next to none

>Before you move you want to get a job in the location FIRST...

how would i go about doing this? i don't have any qualifications / formal education, don't have time to get any of those either, aren't those just for meme / super white collar jobs?
yeah, in dallas for example there are rooms on craigslist with a rommate for $400 utilities included

Attached: apu.png (251x201, 7K)

>how
First step is to delete all your frog pepe memes.
Second step is to send CV to open positions.
Third step is to go there (by rented car for example) and attend the interview. Also motels are a thing...

mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
There are shitton of jobs you dont need much brainpower or hand skills, but they are all kinda low paid...

i have CFS, an autoimmune disease and carpal tunnel which impair my ability to use my hands and move around / labor, don't think i could do an intensive-labor position like mcdonalds for more than a few hours, also aren't they only part time?

for my CV, i do technically have a year of experience in social media management, outsourcing consulting and POS and 2 months as the CSO for some small social media marketing company but it's all in another country and i haven't worked for 2 years since then, do you think it would be relevant or should i just exclude it completely? should i play around with the dates and make it just a few weeks since i haven't worked? what kind of positions do you think i should apply for?

first thing i do apply for fast food part time then when i can find a normal job like in retail or something move there?

Get a job at Costco. They pay pretty well for menial work.

right, retail, i had my eye on retail because it seems pretty chill and comfy and like you said they seem to pay good

gonna start off in retail then i guess and try to get to social media management / marketing or maybe customer service then try and go on with my business models

bump

anyone want to recommend another state / city? dallas and houston texas so far

Attached: a1591e0e85f56e3a177c158a652f2cfadeadd533_hq.jpg (640x432, 35K)

bump?

is the thread really dead?

>houston
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
here's what we offer, this also applies to all surrounding communities such as Katy, Richmond, Spring, Pasadena, etc:
>constant construction on every road
>atrocious traffic 5-7 hours daily
>jobs being outsourced
>preferential hiring for illegals, minorities, and friends/family of management in that order
>niggers blasting rap at all hours
>spics blasting rap/mariachi/cholo music at all hours
>sand and curry niggers blasting the call to prayer and bollywood's greatest hits at all hours
>worldwide leaders of sex slave/trade industry
>above average food, amazingly flavorful to northerners/canadians, insulting to natives of the dish's original country
>massive gay community
>zero (0) nature beyond a few parks, this land is flat with potholes
>entertainment is sitting in traffic driving somewhere else to find things to do, then sitting in traffic driving home
>poor cost of living to wage ratio

Anyone recommending this town has no clue what they're saying. I've been here for 27 years and have seen it turn from a decent enough city to cesspool of filth and degeneracy, then learned that most people you see will either not speak English or have a kindergarten level understanding of it. I'm saving every penny I can to move anywhere else when I hit 30.

You could try taking a look at touristy towns. Anywhere that might offer lots of seasonal work and employee housing.

A few years ago I found myself completely detached, miserable, and cohabitating with an ex, so i decided to move to butt fucking anywhere. I landed a housekeeping job that offered employee housing (I just had to share a room) so I packed everything I could into my car and left. Went for the summer but stayed two years. Met some interesting people, made some friends, had adventures, all that bullshit.

If you're not tied down to anything I would highly recommend just going anywhere. Man up and make a "fear based" decision like I did, fueled by 100% fuck it.