Does torture work?

Does torture work?

Attached: 843eq59u34e.png (1600x1125, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3jc_3p0YZY
youtu.be/rPvXe0DB07k
youtube.com/watch?v=N3kUEwKfQWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HFcvk497IiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

/x/ tier photo

Depends, what's your goal? If you want information then usually no, people will say anything to make it stop even if it's not true. If your goal however is to make someone suffer immensely but not die then torture works fantastically.

It will make someone tell you anything they think you want to hear. People being tortured will say ANYTHING to make it stop. Could be truth could be a lie.

Attached: cons.png (1579x1303, 917K)

Pain usually not, psychological sometimes, spiritual (eg threatening to shoot a mudslide with a bullet covered in pigs blood) like a charm

if it didn't, why would the world's pre-eminent intelligence gathering apparatus use it?

any one who says it does not work is a moralfagging liar

This site is a form of torture imo.

Depends what you want to hear - torture someone enough they'll tell you whatever the fuck they think you want to hear to make it stop. Acting like a tough guy is all well and good from the comforts of home, but you'd break like a little faggot if I cut off one of your fingers.

not saying i wouldn't - neither would you. the bloke you pick up might know something, might know nothing - but i'd assume he knows something and tough luck for him.

The fear of life in harsh prison conditions followed by the promise of freedom is way more effective. That or threatening family members.

thats just a meme. you're supposed to conduct torture over a long period of time - ask questions you know the answer to already and catch them in a lie, then punish them for lying to you. rinse and repeat until you know they wont lie to you again, or can at least tell when they are.

Yes, obviously.

so that's a definite yes

If you want good intel, then studies say no. But it sure can be fun.

yes, but we didn't take it far enough
Real torture is abducting their family members and inflicting pain upon them while the subject watches.

Attached: 1521168750151.png (472x690, 454K)

Attached: torture.png (1292x1562, 401K)

God damn i cant even imagine being tortured. Or like imagine how horrifying it would be on the losing side after a battle, when the whole chain of command has fallen apart and people are tripping over themselves to get away. I remember reading about a german guy where a tank rolled over his trench and almost smashed him while his comrades were in retreat, but instead it hid him from the enemy. he could hear people begging for their lives in german, a few gunshots, silence. then just silence, which i think would be the worst thing because you would know that the battle is over and you're just waiting to take a bullet or worse

>people will say anything to make it stop even if it's not true
Why does every armchair expert act like interrogators don't know this? They form a baseline pieced together from things the interviewee almost certainly knows and wait to see if it is extracted and gauge all new info accordingly. They also cross reference new information. If something is revealed by muhamad while he's getting waterboarded and it matches other unverified intel then you have a new data point with an anticipated degree of authenticity. If he keeps saying nonsense you know is not or cannot be true then you continue. There's psychological tricks too like asking someone to repeat an order of events backwards is incredibly difficult if they made up the order of events. Also gaslighting and asking the same question a week later to see if it matches etc. You can trick people into realizing they should stop lying if they want the interview to stop.

Torture don't not work.

Depends, fot intel i suppose it's pretty good. It should never be used for a confession though. It's cheap and easy but I'd rather use other avenues

Wow. That was a cool read. Any more?

Yes but only when the criminal is mentally scarred for life otherwise he is not sorry enough and he will continue to commiting crimes.
Remember, niggers are animals, not humans. They do not learn or understand, they can only be trained.

Nick Berg was placed in with muslim prisoners.
They, the muslim prisoners, found out he was a jew and killed him.
Then they, US Intel, made a film of beheading him (it was his corpse). They released the tape of the beheading as a distraction of these prison photos.

Yes. You can get people to confess you things they haven't even heard of before.

Work on what? You're so bad at making a thread. Get smarter!

No.

Zimbardo did an interesting talk called The Lucifer Effect regarding abu ghraib

Depends on what you aim to accomplish. Do you know why we use torture? It's not about getting reliable information as much as it's about giving people motivation to not do certain things.
When you hear Ahmed was kept awake for 20 days listening to the Barney song on blast while he was blindfolded and at random intervals was beaten, shocked, hosed down, water boarded or had a feeding tube violently jammed up his ass, you're going to want to find out what Ahmed did and make it a point to not do that.
For this reason, torture works. It's why we don't kill them in the end btw.

Attached: 1540428693955.jpg (480x480, 76K)

100% always has always will

yes and no, you have to have answers to some of the questions you ask or shit will go off the rails

its unreliable because you get too much false information from people that dont know shit, in hopes the torture will stop. in iraq, goat herders were turning their neighbors in because the u.s. was paying them cash for names

>Does torture work?
If done right it can.

Attached: 1500906423612.gif (870x718, 910K)

head of the CIA disagrees

The same agency that has multiple failures and suffers from severe blowback like clockwork.

Yeah, real nice defense you have there, glow nigger shill.

You know why the police don’t torture?
Fuck civil liberties, it’s because after you cut off someone’s finger they’ll tell you anything, even utterly incorrect things.

lulz

Of course not, the Krauts refined it to an art form but if your average allied prisoner knows fuck all what's the point. The British however found that nothing works better than 24 carat gold in getting information.

Of course he would lol

Chick runs it

no

No. They give false information to get it to stop.

I can garuntee it does.
sorry about the missing agents.

Attached: 1542890227267.jpg (700x525, 23K)

Honestly though, I doubt torture will be used much longer, at least in developed nations. I'm sure advances in neurology will allow us to eventually strip away a good portion of a persons resistance to giving away info. Doubt they'll ever be right in the head again assuming the process doesn't outright kill them in the end. I suppose it will be something you use on people who wont be going free after they spill the beans.

Attached: b47.jpg (603x393, 54K)

what are you 12?

Attached: 1494010603940.png (852x944, 70K)

le evangelical jewish bot face.jpg

for what?

Attached: 2154112121.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

at times, yes

Attached: 1212165411.jpg (441x900, 61K)

this.
/thread

Attached: 23546467.jpg (1200x734, 106K)

nope, actually going into bioengineering atm. why, the thought of tinkering with someones brainmeat to strip away their will bother you?

19 witches in Salem say "no".

>You are now aware we are 4th dimensional creatures and not 3D
youtube.com/watch?v=_3jc_3p0YZY

Attached: 1543124433507.jpg (720x469, 71K)

Yes.
The Romans used to torture slaves as a prerequisite to getting a statement out of them which could be permissable in court, even if they weren’t accused or didn’t do anything wrong.

was basically a requirement to be a roman citizen too.. to get out of slavery.

NORMIES OUT

Attached: 1543497228413.png (900x622, 78K)

indeed

Attached: 2154.jpg (518x740, 68K)

I don't see much effect in it but I also see little need to even hold prisoners of war, they burden you economically and are simply a deadweight till the war ceases, then usually resent you and undermine whatever authority you've established over a nation.

The ideal of humanity in war without reward is silly, maybe use higher postition captives to barter your enemies but besides that it's a odd concept that developed.

Iraqi's did way worse things in that prison than we ever could've
muh "leading country in human rights" my ass, Arabs aren't human

the guy with the thing on the head looks shopped

dis dindu is a smart dindu

they're not iraqis, they're american agents.

it worked pretty well

t. special forces

Attached: watt.png (1464x692, 252K)

also : iraqis***
>not mastering your native tongue
>that flag
every time

youtu.be/rPvXe0DB07k

Attached: 246468579.jpg (1148x746, 217K)

Disgusting Zionist filth

What he said.
Torture usually elicits only that which the torturer want to hear.
The only purpose of torture is to terrorise.
Do you wish to belong to a terrorising society?
I don't.
I am against torture.

From what I've read from spooks, the point of torture is to break the person you need information from so they'll cooperate with you during a debriefing. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've heard them say.

implicit suffering works.
it gets the masses out of bed each morning.

Seconded

Attached: 1542278871569.jpg (875x700, 62K)

that depends on how you apply torture.

No, but it's a lot of fun.

torturing for information is a meme its ALWAYS done for sexual gratification.

Attached: 5235243623.jpg (567x449, 37K)

I can confirm, torture works, but only if you promise them release after you accomplish your end.

You lost, in a month

lol ur gay and dumb

Attached: 3576467324453.jpg (707x570, 140K)

You know Alexander Janka brings up a playlist called

New World Order

13 years of bombing and economic sanctions
don't expect you to know that tho, your bad grammar skills shown earlier suggest you're not the shiniest dildo in your mom's drawer

You are a prime example of somebody who has no argumentative skills.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3kUEwKfQWQ

Attached: 1538928843177.jpg (1000x604, 580K)

You are just a resource for me why would you ever imagine I'd speak to insects ?

Attached: 1539388898709.jpg (565x425, 150K)

You are mentally retarded.

Does it work? Yes. Does it produce what the torturer wants to hear? Yes.
It's pretty shit at revealing truth though.

Is it not glorious?

Attached: 2464564534534.jpg (1200x800, 93K)

>laughs in 1%

Attached: 12434643657.jpg (1024x668, 292K)

Attached: us7pX3UTjF24YhzF.jpg (755x921, 271K)

Attached: IMG_2751.jpg (298x330, 41K)

You're implying the interrogator wants the truth.

No it isn't you're not funny, or entertaining, you're just a nuisance to society, and you should consider suicide.

been there done that got teleported into a new body.

Attached: 1536997288583.jpg (1024x959, 120K)

Attached: Matrix Pepe Card.gif (1054x1532, 970K)

>he thinks "you are here forever is comedic"
Get out while you still can im over a thousand years old.

Attached: 1537240285268.png (526x619, 497K)

This is you right now.

Attached: How High Are You2.jpg (740x900, 94K)

I bet that works about as well as chopping off theives hands or throwing debtors in prison.

The detrerence effect is a meme

Halp
youtube.com/watch?v=HFcvk497IiU

Attached: 325356456.jpg (1000x842, 132K)

At torturing ppl yes it works very well.

only people with empathy think torture doesn't work.

Attached: 3547646756565.png (800x445, 450K)

>Does torture work?
Try it on your family and see if it does.

Attached: getouttamyhead.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

Attached: 46457654645.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

What's happening to the person in the back with the black garb over their head