Which idea do you like most from this guy?

For me its his idea of religion as moral/metaphysical truth and science as factual truth

Attached: Peterson_Lecture_33522701146-554x353.png (554x353, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mikhailapeterson.com/about-me/
archive.li/NNL3Z
youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/193822743/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Considering he has no knowledge of politics or philosophy I consider his only useful knowledge to be be marriage counseling. His advice that you spend 90 minutes a week catching up with your spouse seems pretty good.

Attached: Jordan Peterson Trilateral Commision.jpg (1200x675, 101K)

No knowledge of philosopy/politics?
On philosophy hes an expert on Nietzsche, Jung and Soltzenitsin, among others.
On politics he essentially made known the idea that political orientation is highly correlated with disgust sensitivity and opennes to ideas. Disgust being a primary indicator for conservatism.
I agree hes not knowledgable on current world news politics, but hes very knowledgable on how politics works in general.

>On philosophy hes an expert on Nietzsche, Jung and Soltzenitsin, among others.

I don't know what he has to say on Nietzsche.

On Jung he ignores that Jung's methodology completely invalidated his results. Jung had vivid hallucinations which he believed were profound. He would then engineer a study to "prove" his idea. That's why Jung never published his journal, The Red Book, in his lifetime because it would destroy the validity of his theory.

On Solzhenitsyn he claims to have read all three volumes of the Gulag Archipelago. Considering that Volume 3 of the Gulag Archipelago is a full throated endorsement of collectivism, even along racial and religious lines, as the only way to defeat tyranny I would say that runs totally contrary to Peterson's reading of Solzhenitsyn.

>On politics he essentially made known the idea that political orientation is highly correlated with disgust sensitivity and opennes to ideas. Disgust being a primary indicator for conservatism.

That's what anyone could learn from a Google search. Peterson's political goals are to prevent a right wing backlash and to moderate the left. He is essentially a liberal who is worried that liberalism will be destroyed by the left.

In any case enjoy this old Peterson photo.

Attached: Jordan Peterson Prime Minister Goals.jpg (1200x691, 156K)

washing your dick and cleaning your room to get higher up in the lobster hierarchy and become the archetypycal hero whose only weakness is apple cider

Yea i agree Peterson is slightly autistic on his seperation between individualism and collectivism. I dont know about the red book. I dont think his ignoring of Solzhenitsyns collectivist ideas means he is not knowledgeable. You might disagree with Peterson, but hes not ignorant.
Also you first pic implied hes pro globalism and pro eu. He was actually pro brexit, and gave the most compelling argument ive seen for it.

His goal is indeed partially to stop the leftist demagogery from creating far right resentment. Thats a goal i dont disagree with. But its true that he sometimes overreaches and virtue signals at reasonable ethnonationalist viewpoints

>George Soros co-founded INET think tank with Jim Balsillie. Peter Munk was friends with Jim Balsillie (the guy Peterson worked for at the UN) The Munk Debates were created by the co owner of the largest gold mining company on Earth with our friend Adnan Khashoggi.
>The Munk Foundation also supports the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and the Fraser Institute funded by Charles and David Koch along with the most powerful players in oil and pharmaceuticals
>In 1989 Munk gave $4,000,000 to bail out Adnan Khashoggi from New York after being arrested for unorthodox gold transactions. By this time he had been tied to the Iran-Contra affair as the key facilitator for Israeli arms sent to Ayatollah Khomeini and inbetween the Contra/CIA drugs trade in the US.

Attached: 53424354656352.jpg (680x1768, 301K)

The one where he kills himself

His Jewish daughter and tranny grandson

Attached: Petersons daughter married instragram.jpg (365x625, 123K)

He has claimed that the Gulag Archipelago proves that only the individual can suffer. I think that the individual sacrifice to collective goals cast as heroic in the 3rd volume completely negates that reading. I called him ignorant because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I am glad he supported Brexit.

I feel like that opposing credible opposition to the left is objectively (in the Marxist terminology) pro-left wing. If the individualistic strategy worked I think it would have worked by now. A better strategy would be to consider which collective structures are most amenable to individual freedom.

His analyses of symbolism and mythology are on point.

I think that she is much more important in the Jordan Peterson story than most realize. They both radically changed their diets and personalities in the last couple of years. Jordan Peterson's shift from second rate academic to first rate e-celeb is part of this larger reinvention.

mikhailapeterson.com/about-me/
archive.li/NNL3Z

Peterson has said that God in the old and new testament was in part a symbol for the state, or the nation. An that in order to update the state the individual (christ) is needed. His philosophy does not exclude the importance of the state (IE a collective). He just says that the individual is needed to maintain it.
That said, he has drifted more to radical individualism lately, born out of neocon induced fear of white self protection no doubt.

Peterson was on a munk debate once. This is like 4 layers removed from soros.

For me, it's his utter hypocrisy on morality.
He clearly illustrates why not to put your trust in man.

To be safe for all eternity:
A: Admit that you are a sinner, who violates the Will of God, and that you need a Saviour.
B: Believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God & Messiah, died for you sins and rose again, as prophesied and recorded in the Word of God. Trust in His finished work.
C: Call on His name, ask Him to save you, and confess that He is Lord.

Some resources that may help:
TTB.org has a verse by verse Bible Study for download or daily listening.
Chuck Missler’s Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
Robert Breaker’s Bible Study and Topical Sermons (youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)

The End is nigh. Tomorrow may be too late.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 474K)

I like his room cleaning advice. I cleaned my room and found a bunch of stuff I had lost. Awesome. Changed my life. Hotel maids also love me now.

the fact that him saying "mmmhh solzhenitsyn . ." in his kermit frog voice is a meme, which will hopefully entice people to look into solzhenitsyn and then look into the incorrect library's version of 200 years together.

Gonna need a serious answer from you low iq niggers

The idea that Western culture is valuable and shouldn't be tampered with lightly.

He's red-pilled enough to realise that no amount of education can turn a low-IQ individual into a functional member of a modern society. Education and effort is a meme. The fate of people is pre-determined by their genetic make-up the moment they are born.

The suggestion to wash my penis. And cleaning my room. Pretty deep stuff.

Spiffy suits and well groomed beards.

This. Also i feel like in general he was one of the first legitimate thinkers who gave credibility to the conceptualization of our current struggle as one of cultural marxism vs the West.

Are you suggesting that they are romantically involved?

I like how he is making 6 figures on patreon by telling young men they need to wash their asscrack.

Attached: momo.jpg (1300x866, 154K)

I'll have to give that some thought.

No. Just that both of them have had severe mental issues and are now reinventing themselves. It's an important asterisk.

Only low IQ people find anything compelling about Jordan Peterson's maniacal, garbled, rambling.

Smart people understand that he's a drugged up, mentally ill, psuedo Intellectual.

SO BANE - AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING ABOUT BANE - HE REPRESENTS CHAOS, IN FACT, HE'S AN AGENT OF CHAOS, AND IN CONTRAST, WE HAVE CIA, WHO REPRESENTS ORDER, ROUGHLY SPEAKING. BUT CIA, IN HIS BITTER RESENTMENT, IN HIS-HIS POSTMODERN CULTURAL MARXIST IDEOLOGY, HE TRIES TO TAME THE CHAOS - AND THAT'S A BAD IDEA MAN, IT'S LIKE-IT'S LIKE IF YOU TRIED TAMING FIRE, IT'S JUST GOING TO LEAVE YOU BURNT. BUT CIA, HE TRIES ANYWAY, MOTIVATED BY A LUST FOR POWER - AND IT'S LIKE - GOD ITS SO SAD - ITS LIKE YOU'RE NOT A BIG GUY! YOU'RE NOT A BIG GUY, AND NO POSTMODERN RATIONALIZATION WILL CHANGE THAT. THE EVIDENCE IS CLEAR. THE SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE IS EXPLICIT ON THIS MATTER. AND SPEAKING OF TAMING FIRE - WHAT HAPPENS BY THE END OF CIA'S 'EXPERIMENT'? THE FIRE IS NOT TAMED, QUITE THE OPPOSITE, IT'S ACTUALLY RISING. AND THIS DEMONSTRATES EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN THE 20TH CENTURY. AND IT'S LIKE SOLZHENITSYN WRITES IN THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO - THE BLOODY MARXISTS ATTEMPTED TO QUELL FIRE, BUT IN DOING SO THEY MERELY FUELED IT. AND WELL ACTUALLY, THEY DID QUITE A BIT MORE. YOU CAN'T PRETEND TO BE A BIG GUY IF YOU'RE NOT. WE TRIED THAT EXPERIMENT IN THE 20TH CENTURY, AND IT WAS A BAD IDEA MAN! AND IT. IS. NOT. A. ROUTE. YOU. WANT. TO. GO. DOWN.

Other than his vastly expanded notion of God not as some judgmental wizard in the sky but as a fundamental (unavoidable) construct that we all build our entire lives on (meaning that most people don't know what they ACTUALLY believe, including atheists), I'd say it's his biologically and psychologically grounded antithesis to moral relativism. i.e.
>You can NOT escape your biology.
>You can NOT escape the truth.
>You can NOT avoid the consequences of the shit you do
Psychologically speaking, NOBODY gets away with ANYTHING, ever, period.

This is why a lot of people hate him. The truth hurts when you live a lie.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (768x768, 120K)

I like the idea of never hearing another word from his faggot mouth again.

absolute bucko. hahaha

Attached: 1542916994988.png (785x757, 197K)

I like his overall blowing out of collectivism, feminism, and non-hierarchical equal-outcome social systems which is what prompts most of the attacks against him here from assblasted college lib leftypols masquerading as purity spiraling ultra right wingers.

Batman is the individualist ubermensch.

Attached: CIA The Fire Rises.png (630x1200, 846K)

my normie brothers like him, he said something like men are suffering more than women in the world and it triggered the shit out of the shitlibs? sounds based to me

>fire rises
>the poster looks like it's a children's movie

>These things have become... what would you say. People are afraid to say them. Here's the first one: The fundamental assumptions of western civilization are VALID! How about that?? You think it's an accident? Here's how you find out, okay: Which countries do people want to move away FROM? Hey, not ours! Which countries do people want to move TO? Ours! Guess what, they work better! And it's not because we went around the world STEALING everything we could get our hands on. It's because we got certain fundamental assumptions right, thank god for that.

>After thousands and thousands of years of trying, and because of that we've managed to establish a set of civilizations that are shining lights in the world. You know now, you can be pretty damn filthy and still be a shining light in this world, right, because if you look around the world at the state of governance in most places it's like, the most pathological, corrupt, and vicious thugs rule. And to stand out as an illuminated light against that background isn't that difficult, but nonetheless we're as GOOD as it's GOT, and unless we can come up with something better, we should be very careful about messing around with that. So why don't we start with the assumption that we're doing something right?

>Equality, equity. Equity, that's worse, right. Equity means equality of outcome, it means that every single organization has 50% women and 50% men, doesn't matter whether the men and women differ in their intrinsic preferences, which by the way they do, the scientific literature is COMPLETELY CLEAR, it was established by the early 90s, it was established by the Scandinavian countries, where they've done most to flatten out the socio-economic differentials, say between men and women. Didn't get rid of the differences between men and women, in fact they became EXAGGERATED, the biggest personality differences in the world between men and women are in Scandinavia, just as the biggest differences in interest between men and women are in Scandinavia, because when you get rid of the socio-cultural differences between men and women, the biological differences don't disappear, they maximize. How else could it be, and as I said the literature on that is clear, and the way that the postmodernist radicals react to that is by criticizing the scientific method itself, on their computers, which only work of course because the scientific method actually works.

i like his idea that as a simple carpet salesman he can make a lot of money simply by telling idiots common sense. and now that the truth about him being a fraud has finally come out i have no idea why threads are still made about him here since Jow Forums never liked him to begin with.

That you are responsible for taking care of yourself.

Look how desperately these memeflags quiver and try to shit on him with the most basic bitch non-arguments.
>h-he sold a rug! h-he has a common sense approach!
Just another college liberal feminist terrified that because of people like Peterson they might not be able to pass their law requiring people to use their preferred pronouns.

Well that's just the bloody thing about these Peterdrones!

Well put
>pol never liked him to begin with
False. The vast majority of pol liked him in the beginning

shut the fuck up you deluded little cunt. your cuck messiah is a fraud. now fuck off back to whatever the fuck it is you slanty-eyed fucks do.

The bit about washing your gouche, it's an oft overlooked area in ones hygiene routine.

Attached: zardoz.jpg (1024x821, 88K)

Aww, look at it womanpost. It knows it's been found out and can't do anything but lash out and try to use social attacks and zero effort insults. I've been on Jow Forums since longer than last week sweetie, you aren't having any effect with bad bad meanie words.

wrong. there were mass threads about him almost the same day the videos outside the college came out. reddit plebs shilled hard for him here.

He can hardly be considered an expert on Nietzsche. He is unfamiliar with some of his works, such as Tragic Age of the Greeks, and has as deep an understanding as any philosophy undergrad would. And he can't even pronounce his name right.

Reading Thus spoke Zarathusa and Beyond Good and Evil a couple times does not make one an expert on Nietzsche.

Considering the recent flood of Peter Zeihan threads I think Jow Forums is used by PR firms to shill their clients.

>I've been on Jow Forums since longer than last week sweetie
only newfags say this. and you stink of summer. run along, boy.

i'd believe it

Clean your room

Look how hard it's trying! How does it feel knowing that everyone sees your bullshit for what it is?

I washed my benis today but nothing great happened. What do?

Attached: bucko101.gif (480x262, 2.71M)

>Soltzenitsin
Sure, an expert on everything that isnt him criticizing jewish influence in the balkan revolution and subsequent genocide of ethnic christians during the holomodor

Try not washing your cock and see what happens

apparently it's only 1 gook. you. so literally nothing of importance.

you're in croatia.

more than half moderately educated white middle-classish person in the west under 40 grew up outside the Church with no responsibility whatsoever.

clean your room

>literally nothing but ad hominems from this poster
Love how you just hang yourself with your own rope.

>On Jung he ignores that Jung's methodology completely invalidated his results. Jung had vivid hallucinations which he believed were profound. He would then engineer a study to "prove" his idea. That's why Jung never published his journal, The Red Book, in his lifetime because it would destroy the validity of his theory.
Which study did Jung engineer? Which results do you think are invalidated? Which idea do you think he was claiming to "prove"? If you read Jung he's quite clear about the distinction between science and non-science.
>'It is possible to describe this content in rational, scientific language, but in this way one entirely fails to express its living character. Therefore, in describing the living processes of the psyche, I deliberately and consciously give preference to a dramatic, mythological way of thinking and speaking, because this is not only more expressive but also more exact than an abstract scientific terminology, which is wont to toy with the notion that its theoretic formulations may one fine day be resolved into algebraic equations.'
>'Equally childish is the prejudice against the role which mythological assumptions play in the life of the psyche. Since they are not "true," it is argued, they have no place in a scientific explanation. But mythologems exist, even though their statements do not coincide with our incommensurable idea of "truth." '

Attached: CGJung.jpg (215x297, 10K)

I like to think of Peterson while washing my penis.

thats fucking gay mayn

Attached: absolutely_faggit.jpg (166x199, 16K)

His notion of God as the highest ideal and the Bible is psychologically true is his best stuff.

Attached: Hand of God.jpg (665x665, 30K)

Dominance hierarchies, comparative religion, dumbed down Jungian symbolism, ...

>literally nothing but tears for his fallen messiah father figure...
your obvious infatuation with peterson simply shows how weak you are as a person. you're so very upset that someone is picking on your internet daddy. boo hoo. you're the size of, and sound like, an angry toddler. i could literally fold you up and pop you in my back pocket.

The idea of Truth within/beyond Truth and not being compelled by New Think

Every study Jung did was engineered. Psychoanalysis isn't psychology, but paralogistic scientism. If Peterson with a PhD in psychology, not mythology or theology, doesn't grasp that he really isn't qualified to make most of his judgements. I read The Red Book because every other Jung book is just those ideas restated. Jung thought very highly of himself, but I cannot bring myself to agree with him.

Attached: jordan peterstein.png (1143x692, 347K)

Based and solzhenitsyn-pilled

Literally none. He don't say anything new, and will definitely get btfo if he actually try to debate someone who is not a college libs; guys like jared tayler or even nick fuentes. He used to be useful to get people away from the left, but now? You get mainstream guys like tucker already, you don't need shapiro or him to do this job.

I do get a kick out of the autistic libertarian crowd who preferred Shapiro to Carlson in their debate. They think economic minutiae is preferable to winning votes.

>because people with 10k citations are retarded
Yes, they're the retards, no you.

Tribalist fear the individualist teaming up together in the name of liberty, life, and justice.

Fucking hate the guy kek. Im a big fanboy of Dosto and now many read him because of Peterson.
FUCK YOU DOSTO IS MY LIT WAIFU YOU LIKE HIS BOOKS ONLY BECAUSE OF PETERSON

to wash your room with your penis at all times and only eat lobsters

>second rate academic
> +10K citations
You know it's a shill or a low-iq take when they try to attack his academic credentials.

Attached: 2PCDCbj.jpg (311x317, 8K)

He's always been an attention whore. It turns out laughing at trannies was a better plan than parading his ssri'd daughter in front of the local media. He didn't change much, he just struck gold..

That slaughtering jews would be fun.

An appeal to popularity which conceals the vacuity of his ideas. He's a public intellectual which means that he's an everything expert just don't fuss about the details.

There's a really big market for non-racist anti-SJW content. I'm surprised more people haven't tried to fill this niche.

>Which idea do you like most from this guy?
2%

Read thread

Lol here i was hoping to read something intelligent but it's just another god botherer.

Clean your room.

I like peterson because he is out there arguing and representing pol. He is /ourguy/ but nazi faggots and trans sjw types dislike him because he shits on tribalism and collectivism.

Attached: chris jordan peterson.png (494x564, 45K)

> I don't onow what he has to say ahout Nietzsche.

LMFAO I jus stopped reading right there. Peterson has spent HOURS and ENTIRE LECTURES going over Nietzsche and his work. You're clearly not familiar with Jordan Peterson enough to be commenting. Please kill yourself, you ignorant fool.

Attached: 1542532838642.jpg (125x103, 3K)

Forgive me for cutting my losses. Checking Peterson's other references against his readings of them doesn't reflect well on him. Eventually I learned that Peterson is a paper giant. What's the gist of his take on Nietzsche?

Peterson has held many jobs, he was a bartender, mill worker, waiter, etc. He didn't just fall into his position in academia.

>academic citations are popularity contest
wew lad

Attached: d0b.jpg (462x579, 17K)

Peer review is a crock of shit. Academia is a mutual admiration society.

>t. rick and morty watching lucifarian

>Peterson has said that God in the old and new testament was in part a symbol for the state, or the nation. An that in order to update the state the individual (christ) is needed.
Could this be a more banal and meaningless statement? Peterson is such a brainlet, it's unbelievable. Saying ____ is a symbol for ____ doesn't actually mean anything, it's just psuedo-intellectual rambling, which is really the essence of this genuine retard.

He's not very original and he really just states what our forefathers have taught us but i would say his emphasis on chaos vs. order REALLY summarizes him as a person.

It's the singular reason brainlets on the left are make utter fools of themselves as well as the brainlets who don't actually read on Jow Forums

But it sounds smart to people who don't know the difference.

hahahahaahahahhha fucking kanker dutchman
you are a retard
>he's an expert on solzhen without even having to read any of his work! amazing!

Attached: qz3rjse2iry11.jpg (632x296, 38K)

I like his psychological explanations on religion. Really made me reconsider my views as an atheist. I also like is self improvement philosophy.

Why does everyone always shut on Peterson's emphasis of individualism? Even if you are a collectivist, you have to acknowledge that the collective is made up of individuals and is not as effective without high caliber individuals. Even Adilf Hitler wrote a large section in Mein Kampf about how society needs to foster the environment in which great men are to be born. Hitler himself acknowledged that society seldom progress save for the accomplishments of a few geniuses that drag society kicking and screaming.

Yeah, and all normies eat that shit up hard. Put any kind of representation, symbolism, metaphor, or whatever in anything and they think it's amazingly clever. He's actually wrong to say that religion is symbolic of the state anyway. He's said nothing really, but just enough for you to see that he doesn't understand it.

Most justifications are really post hoc rationalizations. The quasi-mythological rationalization sounds pretty fucking cool.