I graduated about 4 or 5 years ago. I've been working in a small town as an engineer this entire time...

I graduated about 4 or 5 years ago. I've been working in a small town as an engineer this entire time. I've moved up the chain and I'm now in a senior position.

I haven't been able to find anyone compatible and I'm ready to move on to greener pastures.

So I ask you Jow Forums, where do all the intelligent women go after college? Where should I consider?

I have two sisters. One moved to Hawai. The other moved to the lower east coast. One makes 25% less and the other 50% less than I do. They both sacrificed pay for something I don't quite understand.

Maybe Jow Forums can help me figure out where and why women move to these places?

Anyone can give advice on this but please have real experience or be out of college. The opinions of 15 year olds isn't very helpful.

Attached: 1523107318859.jpg (516x385, 52K)

Most young women these days who don’t marry out of high school (and that means virtually every college girl) leave their small town life behind for city life these days. I can’t really explain it. Few single city women go out to the country too.

Basically any city, even a small city, ought to have single intelligent women.

>Most young women these days who don’t marry out of high school (and that means virtually every college girl) leave their small town life behind for city life these days. I can’t really explain it. Few single city women go out to the country too.

not to derail the topic, but it just strikes me as odd. They'll move to a city, make $30k to $45k, pay 1000 to 2000 in rent for a one room apartment, then never go out because they don't have any money.

Ofcourse they probably say the same thing about men that move to wherever the best job offer is, get paid $60k to $100k, pay $600 a month in rent or on a house loan, only to have nothing and no one to spend that extra money with.

Life, its bullshit. I tell you what.

Attached: 1522101887300.jpg (1400x1325, 367K)

nothing guys? Why am I surprised that not even the women on Jow Forums no where the girls are at.

Attached: 1494450554792.jpg (353x747, 149K)

Basically this. All my friends moved to big cities.

I've always wanted to live in the country side so I moved to the country side after getting my degree, but it's just me of all the people I went to college with.

Whytheydothis? Are they actually getting what they thought they would from it?

>All my friends moved to big cities.

which ones?

More opprotunities. More people to meet, more work to be had, more shit to do. Small town middle america life is dull as fuck and everyone wants adventure - its a no brainer why people move to cities. Nobody is going to move to some quiet little town after college, theres nothing to do and no future there unless you already have a family. People only do that when theyre settling down and want to put down roots.

>Where do all the INTELLIGENT women go after college?
They marry.

Brussels, Frankfurt, Barcelona, London, Rome.

Yeah. They're enjoying themselves. They're in their mid/late 20s, they are having fun, working on their career in big companies/institutions, they have a lot of new friends and don't get why I didn't want what they have.
I was always one for living in the country side and having a family, was just who I am. I never cared about partying, never wanted a huge career.

You said yourself your sisters moved away to find a level of happiness you're too naive to understand. You should probably talk to them vs. Strangers on Jow Forums. Maybe visiting them would be a good idea, according to your posts you make more than enough to .

I could sit here and try to explain happiness to a complete stranger through a medium that cuts out 90% of meaning behind communication, but you're not paying me and irl experience is a better teacher than anything in text.

Sounds like you have a lack of ambition. Thing is, other people may shoot for the stars, and most of the time they fail. But the end result is pretty much exactly the same as where you are now, except you opted to skip out on all the fun stuff.

I don't lack of ambition, I just want different things.
I wanted to have a family, work as a family doctor, have a house in the country side. I'm working on that kind of life.

I don't see why I skipped "the fun stuff", I have a lot of fun.

>i just want different things
Well... there you go i guess? Im not understanding what your query is. You want to settle down and live a "simple" life while most other people want fun and adventure and to enjoy their last fleeting years of youth.

I simply don't see how wanting to live in the country side rules out having fun.

I travelled 4 continents over the last 10 years, worked abroad, I did tons of roadtrips across Europe, do tons of sports (kayaking, hiking, skiing). We live close enough to a major european capital and we go over every few weeks to see art show, go to the theatre, to go to dinner in nice places and then we go back home and enjoy being at home.
I just don't want the "work 60 hours a week, come back to my small overly expensive flat, get drunk and get fucked by randos over the weekend" lifestyle. It's not for me, I don't care about any of that shit.
I never cared about any of that shit. I have a husband I love, we do fun shit together, we have nice career and we're having fun.

Ok. Then whats the problem then? You asked why people choose the city life and all that entails, you were told. No amount of explaining is going to make you suddenly flip a switch and see the light so to speak. You do what you do and are content with it. Others do what they do and may or may not be content with it. Again im not really understanding what the issue is here..?

If you fancy yourself a genius and interact with people from space, it makes sense you wouldn’t have found someone yet. Of course, you’re right that moving somewhere different could really increase your odds, but so would developing the skills to meet a woman.

I haven't seen this for women. It seems like they all move to big name cities and get a shot job making little. Biology grads slinging coffee in San fran, etc.

The happiness was never found though. They're broke all the time.

And how would we know? They could be anywhere.

To reinforce mypoint - one of my friends who studied marine biology lived in several parts of Africa, Taiwan, and some other places I don't remember. And she travelled through most major European cities as well. she's seen half the world by her mid-twenties.

A lot of single, intelligent women are looking for single, intelligent men who have a good career. A lot more of those guys are in the city, or so they think. There are a lot more single women in NYC then single men. And there are also a lot of women who go to and graduate from medical or law school, meet their husband, and either put their career on hold or never start one to become a homemaker and have kids.

Also, think about your situation. Did you just move to some small town and hope that some company would be there that needed an engineer? If you don't have work lined up its better to live in a place with more opportunities. Better to work at a Starbucks in a city of 100,000 than a city of 10,000.

>doesn't understand why people move to Hawaii
>doesn't understand why people move
Jesus. Autism? Asperger's?

Ever tried, I don't know, asking your sisters why they moved?
>where do intelligent women go?
They're everywhere. If you can't find them, it means you probably have a red flag (your, uh, 'attitude' towards life is a good start)

>Did you just move to some small town and hope that some company would be there that needed an engineer? If you don't have work lined up its better to live in a place with more opportunities.

why would you move anywhere without having a job lined up?

>A lot more of those guys are in the city, or so they think. There are a lot more single women in NYC then single men.

this should tell them something

1. Opportunity. Ex: you graduate from school and can't find work in the area you live. Move to another place with more opportunities.

Demographics show more women to the east.

awesome. East coast is best coast.

Attached: tenor.gif (267x200, 479K)