Why won't Americans embrace it?

Why won't Americans embrace it?

Attached: dollar coins ad.jpg (1000x750, 118K)

Bring back the JFK half dollar

I like them but hardly anyone gives them out

In foreign countries that use the USD you see them.

>hardly anyone gives them out

smart people made tens of thousands of dollars from the dollar coins when they came out

This is now a /coin/ thread. If your Nazi silver isn't in at least MS 62 you cannot post in this thread

Attached: ms65.jpg (800x1200, 601K)

Same reason people don't use bitcoin.

Incel currency.

Attached: gopol.jpg (838x473, 44K)

>jingling coins are a target for thieves and other scum.
Fuck that. Silence is golden.

Because they will go the way of the penny soon enough.

You guys don't use dollar coins even though you have them? That's weird. We have 2 dollar coins. and got rid of our pennies. Oh well. I'm drinking maple syrup and whiskey this morning, what are you having?

As far as I've seen they're literally only used in NYC, the subway ticket machine pops them out in change. They're sort of annoying because they feel similar to quarters, but I think the main reason they're not used is the mint kept pushing them as collector's items so people hoard them like $2 bills.

The mint pushes them as collector coins so they can get money, only half of the banks have them, and I've had the police called on me three times already for spending "counterfeit money."

I buy my groceries with $1 coins. Feels good to walk into Food Lion every week and drop a bag of metal at the register to pay for stuff.

coffee. BLACK

The mint was so desperate to get them into circulation, they were letting people order them on the mint's website and shipped them to people for free.

They allowed payment with a credit card. Some credit cards offered 5% cash back bonuses at the time, so people would order $10,000 in coins then just deposit the coins into their bank account while pocketing $500 in bonus money.

It would cost a lot to manufacture and print

Damn, I wish I'd been old enough for a credit card when they were doing that. It's got to be frustrating trying to get people to use new coinage, I imagine there's a lot of hassle around materials contracts as well.

It would actually save a lot if they stopped printing dollar bills and switched to coins because coins have a much longer lifespan.

the JFK half dollar needs to return.

pennies should be phased out.
everything should be priced in increments of 5.
All rounded down

Why not just go credit only?

in this day and age all money should be coins, paper money is bullshit in the digital age.

digital money + coins = duh modern money system.

lets think back... what was paper money originally created for? as records/receipts of REAL(coin) money stored in banks.

now that we have fucking computers and the internet and shit we can keep track of transactions and money in the bank infinitely more accurately. paper money is as outdated as punch card computing BUT everyone still uses the paper money because of the world's collective FAITH in it.

updating american currency doesnt just effect business in america, it effects all global commerce, american money is accepted readily all over the world and there is always huge confusion/backlash over any drastic changes. remember back to the newly designed bills with the bigger portaits? people hated em and when canada colored their money, it was devalued for vague similarity to monopoly money.

Attached: brain.jpg (645x729, 26K)

I love throwing these things at strippers
First they all D= then they be =D

All of this is untrue.

Just go to your bank and ask for whatever you want, turn in your ugly 20s, 50s,10s for ,
Half dollars , $2 bills etc.
Call them first I had to call In advance when I was searching for silver in half dollars

Susan B Anthony dollars are still floating around all over the place. And they suck because it’s hard to quickly visually or by feel distinguish the Susan B dollar coins from quarters or half dollars when you’re in a rush.
The newer bronze dollars aren’t bad, but most places don’t hand them out other than coin machines at some places.
The other issue having worked retail, is that cash drawers don’t actually have enough spots to separate dollar coins from quarters or half dollars, so they’re just inconvenient to regularly use.

Because paying with credit cards makes it easy to track what a consumer buys.
With cash a person has a reasonable way to retain a certain amount of privacy.
Also, credit card machines and payment systems go down semi regularly, and in many cases can’t be easily used during a blackout.
Credit card strips also get demagnetized.
The newer chip cards have more issues than the magnetic strip cards did. And the chip card machines don’t always work properly.
Cash is a nice backup.