Were the 80's as based as the movies?

Zoomer here. I watch a lot of 80s and early 90's films because they are pretty much the last era of unique concepts and ideas in mainstream film. So many of the themes then you just don't see today in fiction or in real life.
>men portrayed as heroes
>traditional gender roles/relationships
>pro-America
>comfy middle class life
>intact families

I know these are movies, but these kind of themes even show up in the inconsequential elements, themes, and extras in the movies. There is literally no woke shit. Was life actually like this? I feel fucking robbed. Now every last fucking thing is political and trying to propagandize some woke narrative. There is literally no escape from it unless you are going read/watch/listen/play things from 20+ years ago.

Attached: hans_gruber.jpg (620x378, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/pop-culture/2012/05/the-50-most-racist-movies/
youtube.com/watch?v=lQPOEWo3RDA
fast-rewind.com/locations_lostboys.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=PdaaGlyu7EQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78&list=PLd9auH4JIHvupoMgW5YfOjqtj6Lih0MKw&index=171
youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

welcome to the nightmare. at least I got to live the 80s/90s. You have to live as a second class citizen to your trans nonwhite overlords, or burn it all down.

My parents owned a video store and I literally grew up in it.
I despise what film has become.
Your observations are correct.
Watch Serpico.

I grew up in these eras and they were as good as they look. Good times will come back but we've got probably another 2 decades of darkness before they do.

>Good times will come back
how?

i really like Hitchcock's movies from the 30s. The 39 steps and The Man who knew too much are my favorites. There are some sort of jewy elements to them but theyre still based

The 80’s through the first term of Clinton were a great time

Apparently a lot of racist movies got made prior to the current year.

complex.com/pop-culture/2012/05/the-50-most-racist-movies/

Yes.

It was awesome.

Everybody had a great time.

Nobody was offended.

Then it ended.

Attached: LkGA-KDjX0sx.jpg (1000x500, 75K)

Yep, the jews did not control the entire media yet at that time.

hello FPBP my old friend

Jews totally owned hollywood in 80's and 90's and made decent films. Unlike the shit we see today that comes out from goyim studios.

Attached: 1542776526393.jpg (1166x1089, 195K)

(((German terrorists))) trying to steal jews gold in Nakashima Plaza in LA. John McClean was the good goy!

Attached: 0E97DA71-7423-4ED1-8280-5C6E0C9E5491.jpg (1314x998, 371K)

The 30’s? Try 50’s goy.

Attached: 9A68C59E-EB2F-4F62-ABD1-865FFA6EE4BD.jpg (800x450, 109K)

lol one classic is "soul man" where a white dude puts on blackface and turns himself into a black man to get into harvard.

>There is literally no woke shit
You're not looking closley enough.

T. Screenwriter

I think it's because private equity entered in the film business. The bean-counting analysts need to be ensured that every aspect of the film can be monetized and create a profit. They simply don't want to run the risk of not getting a 10x return on something unique. This is why we get all of the cape shit.

I was born in 1981. The 1980's were everything you can imagine and more. Absolutely wonderful. But cassettes were awful

Attached: aerosmith.jpg (1500x703, 428K)

The 80s were unironically the GOAT movie period.
>No SJW faggotry
>Practical effects
>Real soundtracks
>Not a minority in sight - if so, they a good boi
>Government funded patriotism against the commies

Attached: 1360901432549.jpg (1920x1080, 534K)

yep. in die hard, lethal weapon, beverly hills cop etc... we always made the villains german.

Attached: 1516285784259.png (713x611, 26K)

The gremlins are meant to
>represent black youths
>are loud, break-dancing little monsters who devour fried chicken at an unprecedented pace, destroy and devalue property, and even kill good white folks.

I saw Gremlins 2 but not the first.

Also the CGI era made the films look cheap. I would much prefer the old school effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQPOEWo3RDA

We get all the Cape shit for the reasons you say, but we also have a lot dumber youth generation. Black people love that shit

The 90's were a much better time. The woke stuff is there, but subtle. For example, if there's a gang the hero has to fight they'll be a mix of white, black, Latino rather than just all black.

i miss the 80's. there was no social media and cocaine was plentiful.

That's a good point. Some of the hundred million dollar CGI budgets look like shit. It's so polished and unrealistic that it immediately reminds me that I am watching a movie and takes me out of state. The raw and more clumsy special effects are just nice.

It was glorious to be honest, I'd trade all of todays technology in for a chance to return to those comfy times.
So sad at how much liberal bullshit has ruined things.

They were awesome. Wish I had kept mine

33 year old boomer here. Grew up in the 80s and 90s and can say it was absolutely awesome. I never heard the phrase “that’s racist,” until 2006ish. No one gave a fuck. Movies were great, wrestling on tv was fun as fuck and people were generally laid back and enjoyed themselves without constantly being barraged by propaganda on their phones 24/7. N64 was top tier. I could go on. Really miss those days.

Fix that

The thing is there was a decent amount of 'diversity' before people were calling for it. Now all it's done is make everyone scrutinize absolutely everything and hate each other. Mission accomplished I guess.

>Was life actually like this?
Yes. Yes it was. Growing up in the 80's was the last 'American" childhood. Before political correctness had overtaken public discourse. The Firehose of Immigration hadn't yet overtaken the country. Traditional gender values were celebrated and America was at the height of success.

Attached: corporate_robot.jpg (852x462, 81K)

32 year old boomer. The world was immeasurably better back then.

I miss'em too boomerbro

Attached: married_with_children.jpg (630x630, 106K)

fpbp and HH.

(((German villains)))

Attached: 7D62CDEC-F003-4CFC-8BE7-34A05D9B9336.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Yes. Nonwhites in 80s movies were simply individuals, characters like any other, friends etc, maybe some occasional harmless spice like slang or cultural nod or jokes that we all do with our friends but all was an easy going vibe and everyone was “above it” like a normal human. Unless there was some stereotyped Angry Black with fingerless gloves and big daddy Kane glasses, who was obviously mocked and dismissed with an eye roll
Jews have degraded us all.

When you saw a brown person in person in the 80s, you did a doubletake.

>checked and right in the feels
I was too young to really enjoy it
>I despise what film has become.
they corrupted the closest thing we had to wagner's total work of art
>checked
I've heard of a few that aren't completely pozzed, but it's more than just a movie, user. the culture, press, celebrities, talk shows, etd - they're all garbage full of insufferable assholes

Attached: prisma feel.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

Nostalgia and blackpill can be a source of energy to fight for those values user. We have to reach comfy times again.

Attached: enlighted.jpg (816x816, 268K)

I sometimes get nostalgic for the 90's, but not because of bullshit like cartoons and music. I just miss how much nicer and happier people seemed to be back then, and how much closer families were.

38 Year Old Boomer here. The 1980's were a great time to grow up. America was strong, safe and successful. As kids we were totally brought up on the idea of the "American Dream" and the inevitability of success. America was the strongest world power, largest economy and demanded the respect of the world. That is why it is so immeasurably frustrating and depressing to see how the last 3 Presidents (before Trump) worked to change America for the worse. IMO current day America is closer to the dystopian future of "Back To The Future II" than the "Shining City On A Hill" that Reagan described.

Attached: biff.jpg (1600x900, 309K)

I was born in 1990 and got to watch America die in about every regard.

I get that feeling too OP. Most of the movies I watch are 10+ years old

Attached: 10-fun-facts-about-the-burbs.jpg (720x960, 119K)

LOL - this is so true.

Attached: pepe_laughing.jpg (363x550, 21K)

Also Zoomer bros, recognize that 80's movie villains were the archetypal ubermensch in many regards.

This. I remember the 80s. Scrappy underdog movies were the norm. No smart phones, but maybe that wasn’t so bad.

as another dude who is 33 i can confirm this.

One thing I'd like to point out is the digitization of media has made old films "obsolete" and thus easier to control.
Great works of art will fall to the wayside as the new centralized distributors suck as (((netflex))) and jewgle brush them aside.

Gott ist tot

I think Europeans experienced a death of good times worse than Americans have based on what I've seen. Not only did you experience the same woke, SJW nonsense as we did, but you watched your unique cultures and heritage get diluted and watered down by American culture. Now we're all living in a McDonaldsized world.

and they were based.

god i wish the Gruber brothers had won

1989's "The Burbs" is still hilarious.
I saw it in the movie theater when it was new.

Attached: the_burbs.jpg (800x534, 148K)

I wanted my child to grow up in a John Hughes movie. Instead she is growing up in a John Carpenter movie.

I found a VHS copy in a box when I was a kid, I've seen it at least 50 times. I love Rumsfeld's character
>I was 18 months in the bush, sonny
>Shut up and paint your god damn house

Attached: De3LAZOV4AUiAqM.jpg (842x458, 70K)

This.

it all changed after the cold war, the world had no need for men like us anymore

Also in general, didn't people seem less fat/disgusting/non-white?

>Zoomer here
Into the options field it goes

You just described the unabomber manifesto

Attached: 2570490_0.jpg (630x630, 96K)

the 80's were so comfy that when I was asked if I wanted to go try out to be an 'extra' in The Lost Boys when filming at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk I said ;" nah.." Lesson learned ; Despise not small beginnings.

fast-rewind.com/locations_lostboys.htm

Attached: SC.jpg (720x499, 45K)

Race/civil wars precipitated by economic collapse

Born early 80s so dont remember much but boy the 90s man. It was seriously the Golden Age. I don't remember seeing every fucking gril with "aniexty" and dudes being depressed.

Although in terms of social life, everyone was naive and indifferent. Which it wasn't all that bad, because it gave an excuse to always looking for something to do. Also less Mexicans and Niggers didn't extend past their neighborhoods.

My sister got her master as an engineer from Purdue that only cost I believe high 20k. Keep in my mind, MBA here. That would cost what in today inflation? 80kl or some shit.

School life wasn't a drug infest or fuck fest either. Drinking was extremely common and was smoking too. I think i saw 4 or 5 teenage moms but they ended up being with their boy friend at least till graduation.

Driving wasn't a MUST DO, we walked everywhere just out of bordeom. Also people were more openly trusting as well. You could stop almost anywhere to bullshit. Getting job was so as a teen doing summer trade jobs, good times man. Going to church meant something as well, if never felt forced or phony.

I could keep talking like a boomer but in reality, if you were a midwestern that lived during the 90s. Today worlds is a nightmare in comparison and it's unbelieveable what has happened.

Arguably the best times in the US ever. Post 9/11 the US has lost it's mind and culturally is like an insane hydra biting it's own heads.

It's like a switch was flipped and people started screaming about feelings, hating whites, importing millions of spics, cutting their own dicks off, spitting on the flag and hating nationalism while at the same time proclaiming exceptionalism, it's as dysfunctional now as there are Americans on anti-psychotics. Likely a connection there.

Thank you for calling out (((private equity))), hardly anyone on this board ever brings attention to those goblins.

If you watch some movies like Fight Club, Reality Bites, and The Matrix you will see exactly what happened. It's literally Rat Utopia. People had paradise but did whatever they could to destroy it.

Too bad digits don’t count when it’s a meme flag
This would have been epic fpbp

Attached: 47C5DF7B-0653-4C76-895C-38AA1A2323A0.png (1125x2436, 2.57M)

The 80s was a garbage dump of conservatism. Corrupt Us-backed military coups abroad, rising poverty, sinking wages, the beginning of the death of unions, the govt began slashing and burning healthcare and education spending sowing the seeds of the student debt crisis that is about to kick off a worse recession than 08, and the regression of social values away from the progress that had been made in the 60s and 70s.

But it looks rosy and nice because the wealthiest classes of the country got nice and rich off of Reagan era tax cuts and financial deregulation (those that would, ironically, financially cripple their children) and they seemed at home with large homes that were still cheap to buy, early tech jobs that were still over-valued, and a white christian family unit that patted them on the back simply for existing. It looks rosy because its something you could never have, but the majority of people in the 80s were hurting. And hurting bad.

Even the music sucked.

>he 80's were so comfy that when I was asked if I wanted to go try out to be an 'extra' in The Lost Boys when filming at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk I said ;" nah.."
breddy comfy user
youtube.com/watch?v=PdaaGlyu7EQ

I agree with much of your economic critique, but why the vitriol against the white christian family unit?

This is just movies in 1988. 1 fucking year of the 80s. You'll never see this quality again.

Attached: 1988 movies.png (800x600, 896K)

Coming to America was a great movie. Definitely in the top 5 comedies.

Yeah people went crazy after 9/11, but in the opposite direction - shutting borders, shunning persians and arabs, worshiping the flag even when the governtment was making retarded military decisions throughout the whole of the aughts.

Anti-Islamism, anti-semitism, and far right terrorism is at an all time high and it started with 9/11

At least in the 80s America had to EARN the patriotism of its citizens. Ever since the towers fell it's as if the country thinks it gets it by default

>Even the music sucked.
I agree with everything but the music, 80's is top tier
the real decline probably started with the stock market crash and FDR

Nothing against the white christian family unit itself - I'm a white christian myself.

But in the 80s? Yeeesh. You couldn't get away from it. Everyone was SO in your face with religion that you couldn't escape it. Everyone was an evangelical, too.

You couldn't talk about listen to punk or metal, about playing Dungeons & Dragons, or making any reference to sex (even as a joke) without getting shunned and being called "corrupted."

>mfw late zoomer

Attached: 1541981984424.jpg (499x499, 43K)

There are people on this board who will never know the pain of your brand-new Rust in Peace tape getting eaten by the mechanical mangler halfway through Friedman's Tornado of Souls solo on your first listen.

Eh, sounds better than the anti-white, anti-religious and hyper-sexualized pop culture we have today.

That was the stuff of a decade and a half ago. These days you’re supposed to feel patriotic because we give people who hate the USA asylum and money, and the only important freedom of expression not openly under assault is chopping off your dick.

You still don’t understand that leftism isn’t a counter culture any more and it’s harming your ability to guide the public.

Based as fuck. Born early 80s. Starting in early 2000s shit seriously got fucked up and then with the smartphone boo, in 2008/09 everything completely turned to complete shit.

We’re replying to a kike handler.

mmm
youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78&list=PLd9auH4JIHvupoMgW5YfOjqtj6Lih0MKw&index=171
wish people learned from this song
youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

Hmm, you must A. Nigger or B. Faggot C. Jew D. West Coast faggot

The 80's weren't based.They' weren't based at all.For some Civil Nationalists they were based but no just no. The 80's is the decade where they started integrating the black man into the daily life of the white man-the sidekick,the colleague.Imagine this;
Al Bundy playing a poker game with his friends where one friend is black and specifically when the conversation was about the perfect woman he envisioned a black celebrity.
-Die Hard the black sidekick(limo driver).He might be loud and obnoxious but he has a good heart.Never outshines the main char so that males don't feel threatened.
The 80's basically started the modern thinking of the American before Social Justice.Money is what defines you and not your race.Gone was family,gone was community it was all about success.
It's because the 80's that so many people think black people are their friends.

Attached: predator-you-son-of-a-bitch-patch-6568.jpg (750x359, 16K)

Eh
There are a few gems like Joy Division, Kraftwerk, and Phillip Glass, but New Wave as a genre is so grating to me.

Oh and U2, they're like less talented, less interesting Radiohead that somehow is even more famous.

the 80s were great but it was largely because Reagan kicked off the infiniprint era giving all boomers endless free money by inflating asset prices. See the big short movie for more info.

uncanny valley.

Don't get me wrong 80's movies are still pretty awesome.But the UN world government indoctrination was still there.

The 80s were fucking amazing, especially the late 80s as tech started to get better too, you could dial-upto the early internet. Also the women looked like this:

Attached: Erin_Gray_sexy.girl.photos.filminspector.com_30.jpg (690x916, 86K)

>Americanized

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

Attached: 1519478678188.gif (600x450, 1001K)

True. Things started to turn in 1998 and Sep 11, 2001 was the hammer that smashed the previous America for good. Only in the last two years have I felt it coming back.

I remember running around going to literally every house in my neighborhood during Halloween. It was extremely rare to see a house that did not give out candy. It wasnt even a fantastic neighborhood. Lower middle class neighborhood in virginia beach va.

>checked
>Joy Division
Joy Division were late 70's user
Kraftwerk started in the 70's too, classic albums
U2 were a less talented Echo and the Bunnymen with dashes of the Cult
you haven't explored the decade enough famalam

Attached: alex p keaton.jpg (470x720, 37K)

30 year old boomer here. The world was fucking beautiful before 9/11. Maybe not the whole planet but at least San Diego and much of the USA. I barely remember the 80's to young. But the 90's was just about perfect. It's almost impossible to state how much the planet changed on that sad sad day.

>Hungary
Strange years. Times were changing and you could feel it. There was a slow and steady growth of cautious optimism.

Attached: freddie mercury in budapest.png (500x353, 173K)

Even though the villains in real life are always Jews and niggers.

Fantastic, oh Jew you guys are so clever. Enjoy it while it lasts before we kill you.

Kids don’t trick or treat anymore, especially in upper middle class neighborhoods. Most kids just stay at home and play fortnite on halloween.

The same was done here! Then”americanized” culture was a way of subjugating real american culture first, then it was exported. People are so ignorant of real American culture they didn’t even realize this happened. The good news is that there is SO MUCH TO DISCOVER.

It really isn't
And you have to have chugged to serious kool-aid if you think increasing diversity is "anti-white"

yea man, it was a nice time to be alive but no one was redpilled on the kikes in the media back then. the general feeling was that we all trusted what we saw on the news. just let that sink in for a minute.