Why are millenials broke?

highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/poor-millennials/

Why don't they just take advantage of the advent of the age of information and become successful, rich people? :^)

Attached: mill.png (765x298, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/careers/2017/08/06/study-millennials-are-poor-and-work-obsessed.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the first generation to be raised on internet and, by extension, be heavily influenced by the societal cancer that is social media. Gen z is even more fucked

Attached: internet.gif (122x68, 1K)

Boomers sold everything to foreign entities.

government subsidized student loans got everyone to go to expensive colleges without gaining any more income potential.

if you can't get a BANK to give you a loan without government help, youre probably makinga bad investment.

> waiting for adulthood to kick in
To quote the line from the John Lennon song... life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

WHAT A MYSTERY HIRAM

Attached: purchasing-power-of-the-us-dollar-1913-to-2013_517962b78ea3c_w1500.jpg (1500x966, 251K)

Because they are not taught how to think inductively. They're not taught the process of self-refinement and only how to regurgitate facts and opinions.

>why are millennials broke
dude weed

How is this not going to result in a massive recession/depression? Millennials not buying houses seems like it will crater the economy.

Am I retarded? Can it be made up with (((rent)))?

Probably the fact that wages are stagnating while the cost of living is skyrocketing. This compounded by the fact that once you make more than the average taco bell worker your wage is taxed back into poverty territory

he just needs to just hunker down and actually try and do better. Gotta pull yourself up by your boot straps, I hate this lazy generation

Because wages have been kept artificially low due to the importation of millions of third world shitskins that also receive affirmative action.

>illegal to hold gold
>land of the free

Unironically this, put down the weed pipe. Not many of us will make it out of this hell we’ve inherited but we sure as fuck gotta try.

Attached: A6B6FF78-3757-4981-A209-931CC8B4E724.png (680x680, 103K)

The anti-Flynn effect. At least since the Victorian era we have hard evidence (reaction speed tests) which indicate a general decline in IQ. Sorry, retards, we boomers are just smarter than you.

Haha. Having hundreds of millions of minorities to provide food, housing, economic power too hahaha U.S. immigration policy is retarted over 1 million a year+the illegals from Latin America. Policy has continued, uninterrupted for hundreds of years, blowing up the population, making everyone having to compete for goods more. Truly our governments have been retarted and greedy not ending all immigration to the U.S. they sell us the retard lie “we need them, muh economy” “mug diversity is strength” when it has always been the opposite. Greedy government in the pocket of big business all selling out the common ancestors of those who colonized or came in waves of European immigration. Hilarious really and the lie continues to be perpetuated by most institutions in the U.S. conservative, liberal, educational , media and especially business related. We’ve lost control over our territory and most institutions

>How is this not going to result in a massive recession/depression?
Simple, the government will replace white millennials with shit-holers. Good bye huwhite people, the world will miss your good looks and intelligence.

A disordered society and restrictive economic conditions. You have to jump through a million expensive and unorganized hoops to get a job that doesn't pay shit and even then there's no guarantee of stability. Even if they do all this without dropping out and settling they have to fork over more than half of their paycheck for a place to live and (((interest))) accruing loan payments.

>Be me, a millenial
>finally move out of dad's house at 25
>move in with friend's mom while he moves to California with his new wife
That's life. Unfortunately we don't fug.

Because they are lazy and entitled. They want video games, ping pong tables and cappuccino machines at their places of work.

Utterly worthless, the lot of 'em.

Yep. 1/4 to 1/3 right off the get go and then another 1/4-1/3 in sales taxes on expenses that continually increase. Even making 45k a year my taxes push me back down under the poverty line

As soon as the multicultural acts were signed in North America the living standards dropped. You could probably correlate it in a graph. Higher and more liberal immigration policies inversely related to lower living standards for 2 gen citizens and past. I guess their just betting the goyim state confused and resentful of the politics actors they hire

Sorry directly proportional not inverse

See? Imagine mixing up positive and negative correlation, LMAO (as you young brainlets say.)

Increased population needs somewhere to live, developers and builders are switching from family homes to multi unit dwellings. That is propping up the market for now.

As for original question, there's just no good jobs anymore and everything is too expensive. There's also too many people competing for whatever scarce good jobs are left. If I didn't luck out and buy property 10 years ago I'd be fucked as well. Things are only getting worse despite what Jews on Facebook and Instagram tell you.

rent/bills cost more every year but pay is stagnant

Due to boomers destroy the education system and pping fluoride imto the water supply, but soon enough you will be decrepit and we will lead you into the woods and leave you there.

THEY NEED TO STOP BEING LAZY AND CONTRIBUTE LIKE MY GENERATION DID. PULL YOURSELF UP BY THE BOOTSTRAPS. THE ECONOMY IS GREAT AND JOBS ARE EVERYWHERE THANKS TO OUR PRESIDENT!

>Why are millenials broke?
i could tell you but i don't feel like it

Millennials rightly don't give a shit about anything except video games

fool.com/careers/2017/08/06/study-millennials-are-poor-and-work-obsessed.aspx
So much for "lazy"

Do the math image is from 2015

mostly student debt, combined with how lazy/stupid they are.

> Hedonism
> Instant gratification
> No self control
> No discipline
> Materialism
> Consumerism
> Addiction

They'd all be wealthy like myself if they stopped buying shit they don't actually need like cigarettes, video games, alcohol, etc.

A life of degeneracy comes with a cost. They are broke because they're overgrown children, and these same children then blame boomers.

I'm saving £1,000 per month no problem.

No generation has ever been so "educated" most millennial would have been better off finding a job after high school then going to college. This was the hard red pill to swallow so they opted for the easy choice of living off mom and dad for a few more years and taking on massive debt. There are of course exceptions some excuses such as the state of our society, but buy and large this is what caused millennials to be poor.

Attached: 1542285921980.jpg (500x500, 45K)

Booze, weed, eating out, concerts, "living in the moment, man"
>why does the 1% hoard all their wealth??

Average IQ of Western people started to decline around 1975.
Millenials are just too stupid to become as wealthy as their parents.

>get buried by shitskins
>omg we must have infinity shitskins
/thread

Historically people do what other people tell them to find work. "Go west, young man" "go to america, young man" "join the GIs, young man" "get a college degree, young man".

The problem is we are living in an era in which the wisdom of the older generations is bullshit and there's no real way to truly get ahead like there was 50 years ago. Slow and steady, spend little and save a lot then figure out either investment or starting a business and live thriftily and in 50 years you might make it somewhere

The housing market is based on a 20th century norm where salaries constantly increased to keep up with inflation. The (((market value))) of houses constantly increases with inflation, but salaries are pretty much stagnant. Boomers tell me all the time about how I'll never inherit property because they're gonna sell off their million dollar home in 20 years. To whom? Millennials have 2 kids or fewer on average, no one wants or needs to buy this shit.

Thanks for proving your own retarded theory by being a dumb faggot.

Damn that pic is inspiring

Millennial here, not broke.
Instead of following the herd, I decided to do something better with my life. I learned a skill.
Now all the boomers are retiring and dying off and skilled trades are hurting to get people in. Some companies will even train you.
I made $75 an hour today, gonna do it again tomorrow because Im not a lazy fuck and I realize the work I put in now will pay off when Im older.

>the oldest millenial

the oldest millenial is 18

>$75/hr

My fucking sides. You don't make that much

This is a large factor, but there is plenty of lazy and coddled as well.

You needed to file paperwork to hold gold until 1975. Now it’s just whatever.

what is partner-marrying?

doing what?

fu wendy's managers make that easy

>Bachelor's degree
>2 years experience
>$13/hr

>Not broke.

>Scott
>Getting a BACHELORS in ECONOMICS
The irony is lost on this retard

Attached: 1518807963425.jpg (674x674, 102K)

My dad literally made the same after he graduated college in the 80s as STEM graduates do today

Im a millennial and I make a really good living versus my peers. My experience with Millennials that don’t have any money or stable employment is the same as the losers of the previous generations. They expect good things to just happen to them as opposed to recognizing that everyone is competing for the same resources and if you want access to them you will have to give yourself an advantage over others whether it is education or training, networking, or just working harder than your peers to be noticed

The problem is young people now have to spend ALL of their time either working or studying when they get home from work. I know people like this, they literally don't have a life. All they do is work and study just so they can survive.

You're out of touch with how shitty things have become for people in this country. You should try talking to older people about how easy things were.

At least in the past when you were poor, you also had your people, religion, and community. Now when you are poor, you have neither money nor community. Today's generation has it worse than ever before.

Most people didn't have the choice. This is most people's choices after leaving school in the USA, and probably most of the first world:

>Walmart or other soul destroying retail
>McDonalds or other soul destroying fast good
>Soul destroying hospitality job
>Estate agent
>Call centre insurance scam job
>Apprentice tradesman if you know a qualified tradie, otherwise you're shit out of luck
>Social media blogger/vlogger/whore
or
>go to college and hopefully get a job which isn't shit
>but without knowing what industries are saturated or even hiring because nobody will tell you that
Assuming that a retarded subject was not studied

The first world is fucked man, the good jobs are fucking gone and you have to be elite to get anything good.

>graduated with EE bachelors 5 years ago
>make only $83k in NYC
>live with mom
>real estate prices increase faster than I get my meager raises
>property taxes and mortgage interest on top of that make owning property literally impossible even with how frugal I am

Boomers made this much money 30 years ago with my kind of education

The reason starts with a J and ends with ews

Work harder goy, no enjoyment now just work and rest so you can work harder! No free time, no money, no fun! Fuck you!

Capitalism has failed

Oh wait, I'm on Jow Forums. I mean... we don't actually have REAALLL capitalism. Capitalism is based and the communists are to blame.

How do you do fellow Jow Forums NPCs

Attached: cd6a412aff158709790b3afa73ccc1cee37b7f21c5685cd584e08abd889b6a66.jpg (814x717, 91K)

Your savings are going to be worth fuck all by the time you'll need to rely on them.

Attached: capitalism.png (1606x1036, 127K)

Attached: don't worry about it lol.png (591x657, 59K)

I have a criminal record. Just non-violent misdemeanor convictions to do with drinking , but the cop didn't like me so he made up a ton of felonies to charge me with, all of which are visible when you run a back ground check on me.

I have been to school for IT (four years), have four years of electrician training (state accredited), and am licensed so sell life/health insurance.

Only job I can get is delivering sandwiches cause my friend told the manager to not check me. Fuck this world.

You didn't put down warehouse work which is easy steady employment if you're willing to not be a pansy faggot office liberal

You mean the same amount including inflation?

I don't have a criminal record and I can't get anything that isn't some god awful retail or hospitality gig. Everyone I know who did the same degree as me only got work because they could afford to do low paid internships and also knew somebody at the company they got hired at

The game is rigged, and I'm getting sick of playing

>A dollar on the day I was born is worth nearly 40 cents today

Attached: 1543626303439.jpg (926x764, 267K)

Idiotic to pay half your income on rent. But modern faggots need to be around “cool places” with other degenerates to share their diseased bodies and scarred hearts.

Boomers destroyed generational wealth.

Look for that chart that shows how much money boomers inherited from their parents vs how much millennial are inheriting.

And thats just one type of wealth. Boomers also benefitted from the most powerful economy on earth during the biggest boom in history. They then imported millions of brown faggots to prevent it from ever occurring again

Why didn't you study Comp. Sci.??

At least we're not at war, no famines or depressions, so there's that.

They waste their money on going out vacations and vet bills

wtf in airplane these things had a hood
was i lied to?

Some of us are of our own making

Attached: 20181128_161825.jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

millennials are more pro immigration than boomers

They don't want to work and they spend money on restaurants and new jordans.

The oldest Millennial is at least 38.

housing and healthcare have skyrocketed while wages have barely gone up. Then you have shipping jobs overseas and automation making it more difficult for people with no college education land a blue collar job. Then you have idiotic shit like those visas that bring educated pajeets who work for less making IT wages go to shit.

And to top it all off we import people from Africa-etc who do nothing but strain the social safety net. Then they run around increasing crime which means our taxes go up to pay for more cops.

Millennial's are getting hit with the perfect storm to make life difficult. its not great depression level though.... at least for now

>healthcare have skyrocketed
Why are young healthy men wasting their money on healthcare?

>Capitalism has failed
In a country of 350 million people plus God know how many illegals working under the table for pennys.
Gee it's almost like you're leaving something out.

>every time there's a dip there was previously a war.
No shit, the reason your wages are low is thanks to over saturated workforce.
Start mass bombing people.

fuck are you talking about, you can easily buy gold
go back to sucking off ahmed and surrendering your country to foreigners you fucking pussy frenchy faggot

We're forced to.

penalty is gone

because the oldest of us are in our mide 30's now and health starts to decline. Some worse than others. I remember so many guys who could just eat whatever and not get fat when we were young. Then they hit late 20's and are now fat as a house because their metabolism slowed down.

As for healthcare I really do not want to be stuck with a 40K bill because I was unfortunate enough to need my appendix removed. This is more of an issue once you hit the bottom tier of the middle class. If you are poorer its likely the debt will be forgiven. But with middle class wages you can expect to be forced to pay that debt but you might be able to negotiate it to make it cheaper.

Its not just our healthcare we are paying for though. We are also paying for all the kids and their single mothers of course. Child healthcare is also expensive as fuck starting at birth.

Mass immigration lad.

>Some worse than others. I remember so many guys who could just eat whatever and not get fat when we were young. Then they hit late 20's and are now fat as a house because their metabolism slowed down.
eat less and exercise
>t to be stuck with a 40K bill
unlikely
but even if it happens those bills are always negotiated down and it still probably would have been cheaper than insurance

>talking to oil field worker
>$15 an hour
>16 hour shifts 6 days a week
>no off time because they're half a year behind
At least slaves had a room and food comped for them.

Attached: 1543613168259.jpg (846x960, 88K)

My boomer father cut me out of inheritance and put his faggot boyfriend on the will instead. I hope they both get aids and die.

My boomer mother hasn't had a job in over 5 years despite having a masters degree in education that was paid in full by her own parents and just lives off of the inheritance from my dead grandparents. Last I checked she had around 50k in her bank account so I'm not getting jack shit from her either.

Boomers are truly the worst generation.

>15 an hour

wow.

My adoptive Grandpa and his brother and sister had the extreme luck of having parents buy them the comfiest land plots I'd ever known, 3.5 acres to each plot at 4 plots total, the fourth going to the parents themselves. The whole family had secluded land together in prime northern California. Today, only one of these land plots is in family possession. Boomers sold off the plots, children inherited nothing.

Imagine waiting all your time and health at the prime of your life. Really ruined my day when I heard about it, sounds like the oilfields are just full of people fucking each other over.

The economy is jewed just like literally everything else. The cards are stacked against us. Only the most mainstream-minded "conservatives" fail to accept that. Older adults who established themselves when things were easier have no real basis for comparison, they just think they do.

no, see post above yours
this, make 6 figures random tax bills costing upwards of 4k, fucking ridiculous

go drive a truck and stop being a faggot

>Boomers are truly the worst generation.
Who raised them?

A generation of men and women who gave their children a life of comfort which made them weak.

Attached: cycle of empires.jpg (480x679, 88K)

Faggot retards that we're easily swayed to go murder their own genetic kin, for the 2nd time, with the literal knowledge of the faggot retards that came before them still being in living fucking memory. I can understand the nips but God damnit our yank ancestors were the worst damn bunch out there. No excuses, and I'm a shitskin saying this.

Lol I literally make more than you just putting pop on shelves

That sucks asshole.

>Studied independently
>Took pharmacy tech exam
>$14.35/hr at a small and dying independent pharmacy

Need to go corporate to get a better wage or I can only make rent by the skin of my teeth. Feelsbadman.

Is Worstall a jewish name?