Richard Dawkins:

Richard Dawkins:
>agrees atheism is only a lack of belief in god
>[on Christians] mock them, ridicule them, in public … with contempt
Pick only one you dolt. Don't understand how this is cognitive dissonance? Supposing that Dawkins' call to childish mockery serves any purpose other than self-assurance, that it serves to convince... someone, of something, like that belief in God is irrational, if two things necessitate each other they are called equivalent. Can there be belief that something is irrational to believe without also the belief that thing doesn't exist? No. Can there be belief that something doesn't exist without also the belief that thing is irrational to believe? No. Therefore, Dawkins' supposed call to convince someone that belief in God is irrational is the same thing as a call to convince someone that God doesn't exist. That, or it remains childish self-alleviation of what can only be mountains of pent up butthurt.

I don't disagree because I must not understand something. I disagree because you're wrong.

So why do atheists promote contempt of Christians and yet claim they actually just lack belief (which is the same as claiming lacking belief is rational, which is the same as claiming that something (God) doesn't exist. See above) so they don't have to defend their position?

because they're cowards

Most people are atheists in the first place because they don't want to be mocked by other atheists -- because they're cowards.

You're too weak to explore honestly anything but what your heroes like Dawkins tell you is true. So, if you just believe what you're told, why are you here? hatred. You're here only because you think hating niggers or jews is cool and edgy, and this is a safe space for you to express your edgy rage. It isn't. Get the fuck out.

Attached: maxresdefault-1[1].jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/richard-dawkins-debunked.shtml
comparativereligion.com/prodigal.html
neurotree.org/beta/publications.php?pid=2141
youtu.be/WDZaUu-st0Y
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities_by_cultural_sphere
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most people don't give a fuck and know the narrative of religion keeps people placid.

Better they go to bed dreaming of heaven than of a better tomorrow.

Dawkins has converted more people to atheism than you can even begin to imagine. Stay mad brainlets.

Wouldn’t it be scary to go to bed as a Christian?

stupid thread - sage
Atheist is the lack of faith, nothing else

So rocks are atheists?
Atheists have faith

Honestly it's probably bliss.

Like going to be when you were 5 and the world was no bigger than your home and maybe the park.

Do you believe atheism, i.e. "lack of faith, nothing else," is rational? If so, that's a claim. If not, why would you take or promote a position you don't believe is rational? Regurgitating your heroes isn't going to save you here, idiot -- they are wrong.

Dawkins should stick to science.

He honestly has some good stuff to say if he could keep himself out of the narrative.

Dawkins is a meme celebrity. His scientific degrees produced nothing of usable value. I actually had trouble choosing which one of the type of sites below, to post as a reference.

>mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/richard-dawkins-debunked.shtml

What about all the scary parts of Christianity
Demons, hell, etc, doubt. I’ve known many born agains who would say the sinners prayer multiple times because they weren’t sure they where really saved.

Paganism is even scarier than that

Atheists idk aliens maybe

Everytime Dawkins speaks and asks for questions, what he gets are invariably "I'm unfufiled" or "I'm depressed" questions. He happily ridicules religious answers as superficial, but sees no problem in his superficial "science!!" view of the world. He's one of those guys who seriously considers atheism as a philosophy that can offer answers to life's questions. Just to remind you all, this is a guy who is proud of his common sense.

>converted
mjust can't get away from religiosity, eh?

Attached: jesus_thumbs_up2.jpg (393x342, 49K)

(You)

Atheism isn't a "lack of faith", it's a "lack of belief in deities". As in, your god is some made-up bullshit conjured by drunk goat fuckers in the middle east 2000 years ago, so why the hell would I believe that? Not only couldn't they get their own story straight but there are all kinds of things which are just obviously bullshit and which are trivial to disprove.

Attached: yaweh.jpg (771x842, 104K)

dawkins recently said that Christianity was a sort of bulwark against Islam, which is a fairly based thing for a boomer to say

Obvious bull shit in your opinion

Well, in my opinion nobody has ever moved a mountain using prayer, in spite of the fact that Jesus claimed this was literally possible and basically guaranteed for people of faith. The old testament was equally stupid, like that one time god's mighty army lost because their opponents had iron weapons. Kinda fucks your whole "all powerful god" meme when he loses to some pieces of metal.

The Bible isn’t to be taken so literally. There’s good stuff in it that can enrich your life.

Lol. Goalpost niggers. God is real until that becomes inconvenient and then "the message is good". If you actually read that shit story you wouldn't be saying that. "Good" behavior in the bible includes things like pimping out your wife, stoning people to death for arbitrary reasons, and collecting mountains of foreskins, and that's hardly scratching the surface.

idk it seems like most Christians just think everyone else is going to hell but not them, despite how much of a degenerate they might actually be

I see old school atheist. Are you ready to take the nihilism pill?

God is also a Democrat or republican based on what ever party they are affiliated with also

I'm way past nihilism. I took a psychology pill instead because the nihilism pill was infected with ebola.

So you committed intellectual suicide via psychology?

>>agrees atheism is only a lack of belief in god
>>[on Christians] mock them, ridicule them, in public … with contempt
>Pick only one you dolt.
That's not how pick one posting works, you fucking faggot. The options are not mutually exclusive.

>Anyone who disagrees with me is automatically an amoral nihilistic materialist retard

Attached: brontojesus.jpg (600x600, 62K)

I’m a nihilist
Fedoras are just intolerable. Especially the ones who pretend everything will remain when God is killed.
Show me your evidence for freewill

>Don't understand how this is cognitive dissonance?
It's not.

Dawkins will say anything that he thinks will get him mainstream attention. He's just like Black Science Man: both are very knowledgable in their respective fields, but too dumb to restrict their comments to that. They insist on shooting their mouths off on topics they know little about and end up looking like fools.

>like that belief in God is irrational,
This is true. All beliefs are irrational, however some beliefs are useful (hypotheses, speculation, forecasting) and some beliefs are toxic cancers to humanity (bow down to my gods!)

>the belief that thing doesn't exist?
If you were a LOT smarter, you'd know that this is called ANTI-theism, not atheism.

>childish self-alleviation of what can only be mountains of pent up butthurt
What is 'religion' for 400, Alex?

Dawkins is a lot smarter than black science man. the Selfish Gene and The Extended Phenotype are actual contributions to evolutionary theory

Do you believe that freewill exists?

Faith is the willingness to believe the ridiculous in the absensce of any proof.

All people of faith, any faith, are mentally ill.

>like pimping out your wife, stoning people to death for arbitrary reasons
If these things seem arbitrary then you just don't understand what its saying

Do you believe in freewill?

God doesn’t exist...never did...never will. Gods are an invention of man. People of religious faith are not rational.

We could use a few more stonings now a days

You would have to define that but if the definition is the same as my definition then yes.

Freewill mother fucker
Do you believe in it

What is your definition?

>There’s good stuff in it that can enrich your life.
Nearly all of it can be found in previous religions, previous secular societies. The Hebrews stole the good stuff, made up the rest.

comparativereligion.com/prodigal.html

>I'm way past nihilism.
You have no clue what it is.

I though he admitted at some point it was because his parents sent him to a religous school and he never got over the 'NO FUCK YOU DAD!' part of life.

The bible was written by man...not God. You say it was inspired by God? Who says? The idiots that wrote the books contained in it? Fine. I’ll write a new bible, say god inspired me and 2,000 years from now prove god didn’t inspire me.

is that supposed to resemble an argument

>Nihilist
Epic I like Rick Sanchez too

>His scientific degrees produced nothing of usable value
Except they did:

neurotree.org/beta/publications.php?pid=2141

My definition is to be able to do as I please when I please for as long as I please within the limits of natural laws that govern the universe which have nothing to do with God. In other words...I can get up now...go get a drink...come back...put in a movie & fall asleep...or not. I can’t hold my breath till tomorrow morning or fly like Superman to Mars.

Don't care about Dawkins, don't care about made up gods, only bother to harbor contempt for religos when they try to shove their fantasy bullshit down my throat in the name of some magic monster with an obvious ulterior motive. Most sensible people feel similarly, this isn't even a discussion worth having.

>Dawkins is a meme celebrity. His scientific degrees produced nothing of usable value.
Obviously you know that Dawkins literally invented memes. Nothing of usable value, indeed!

No you fucking moron, atheism is the lack of it

Faith is a deity with a set ofrules is not rational at all

>Do you believe atheism, i.e. "lack of faith, nothing else," is rational?
The claim that atheism is the least irrational position can be easily proven, because it does not require anyone to believe in talking serpents, talking donkeys, the sun standing still in the sky for 12 hours, the sun backing up in the sky, dragons, flying horses, flying carpets, the dead rising from their graves and walking the streets, etc. All these these irrational beliefs are required elements of insanely irrational Abrahamic faiths.

>Do you believe that freewill exists?
I can prove the concept only exists in our minds.

Weak people who need a crutch in life believe in God. Realists don’t believe in God because God isn’t real. As for JeezASS...not a shred of evidence he ever lived...nothing...nothing he wrote in his own hand, no body (obviously right :), nothing he built, no clothing...nothing except the New Testament to say he was ever real yet we have mummified remains of pharaohs who lived thousands of years before Jeezus to prove they existed. We have their remains, personal artifacts, cities they built, written first person records etc...for the son of God????? Nothing. It’s all bullshit. The Romans invented Jesus to quell a rebellion in Judea...period.

THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!

>don't care about made up gods
That is to say you don't care about your tiny-minded conceptions of God. God is by definition not even possible to make up.

Religion has only existed to control the masses.

youtu.be/WDZaUu-st0Y

That's a convenient interpretation. You could justify anything with that logic. Like hey, did you know that communism has never been tried because they were all just doing it wrong?

Uh, like the belief that life and the universe is ultimately meaningless? I've found that to be a short sighted and false way of viewing things.

Why do people even bother? Trying to talk to Christians is the biggest waste of time. Christian fedoras are worse than flat earthers. At least the earth looks flat

>it's possible therefore it's true
Surely you know another song?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities_by_cultural_sphere

Hilarious! The universe doesn’t give a shit if you find it shortsighted or not. There is NO MEANING TO LIFE WHATSOEVER other than what you personally assign to it. That will be different for everyone. Life happens...it just does. If you’re searching for some magical meaning to it all your wasting your time and it (life) will be over before you know it and you will have missed out on it. You’re born, you live, you die. I knew these things around age 10 I guess...it took E.O. Wilson (evolutionary biologist) a lifetime to agree with me. You’re scared...that’s all. When you die your brain will die and that’s it. No heaven...no hell...eons will go by till time itself exists no more and you’ll never know it. This is the truth...accept it or don’t. Your silly beliefs won’t change the reality.

>At least the earth looks flat

Attached: 14c2af8efbbd446efbb3b10cce595b43[1].jpg (640x633, 41K)

>Uh, like the belief that life and the universe is ultimately meaningless?
Wew lad! Not even close. Nihilism in Nietzsche's writings is better put ex-nihilio (from nothing)

If the universe has any "meaning", it is only the meaning we humans ascribed to it. This succinctly explains why there are thousands of gods hundreds of religions and dozens of creations stories that are completely different. The identification of the cosmos is subjective and relative to the time, place and people who observed it. This is astonishingly easy to prove. When we look up in the night sky, we have been trained to find the 'Big Dipper'. It was named after an object familiar to Bronze age shepherds thousands of years ago. Of course we would have a completely recognition of the pattern and a different name for it if we had no knowledge of their ancient observations.

>I've found that to be a short sighted and false way of viewing things.
You should actually read Nietzsche instead of getting all your high school equivalency miseducation from misleading memes.

Only from the ground. Go up 100,000 feet and take another look.

>There is NO MEANING TO LIFE WHATSOEVER other than what you personally assign to it.
This guy gets it. This is literally the definition of existential nihilism.

This user speaks the truth.

I don't believe in flat earth, therefore I can't mock flat earthers. If I mock flat earthers, it's a proof of me believing in flat earth; or maybe even a hollow earth, or something different.

Ridiculous.

Are you sure bud. THose windows on the air plane are probably curved to fuck with your big head.

“Airplanes” like you or I fly on don’t go up 100,000 feet zero brain. Get a weather balloon...attach a video camera and send it up to the edge of space...put a tracker on it or arrange for the video to be transmitted back to you and watch what it records.

>ridicule them, in public … with contempt
Lies, superstitions, deceptions, disinformation and other dishonesty deserve no respect in the Marketplace of Ideas

I will bow before no gods.

>agrees atheism is only a lack of belief in god
>[on Christians] mock them, ridicule them, in public … with contempt

>Pick only one you dolt. Don't understand how this is cognitive dissonance?

No, it isn't you faggot. Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. This has nothing to do with people who do believe in a god, only that the Atheist lacks a belief in a god. You can simultaneously lack a belief in a god and think that the religious beliefs of dipshits like Christians, Muslims and Jews are completely and utterly incoherent and call them out on it. You can be an atheist and an anti-theist, they're two separate things.

Attached: 1471820388412.png (429x410, 11K)

You won’t have to...there are no gods.

Looks like OP turned out to be the coward.

It isn't my job to save you.

Alright fine. You or someone pick the top 7 replies in this thread you'd like answering and I'll answer them in 10 minutes. Else this thread dies with you.

All atheists should read Pascal. It was what converted me

Attached: A4016A97-62C4-40CB-92DE-E0F9434B4242.jpg (303x475, 31K)

They don't want to be converted. Just slip his book in their stocking or something.