FRACKING=BAD

Who the fuck thought pumping extremely toxic poison into the earth for some ass gas was a good idea? These aren't pussy chemicals either, high grade acids that contaminate ground water supplies for thousands/millions of years.

Anything for a buck eh USA?

youtube.com/watch?v=Uti2niW2BRA

Attached: Graves-riesgos-de-salud-Magazine-Fracking-Website-SGK-PLANET-Sandor-Alejandro-Gerendas-Kiss.jpg (640x640, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ecowatch.com/epa-fracking-water-contamination-2144968213.html
fearandloathingingreatbritain.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/corrupt-bribes-and-depleted-uranium-used-in-fracking/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol, at ass gas. You mad leafy... bagged milk prices getting to you...?

>its another fracking infographic that assumes a disaster/accident occurring at the site is a standard function of the site oeprating normally
Why did every single topic leftists care about become complete misinfo peddled by low iq retards?

Fracking is fine, and takes place well below the drinking water aquifers.WTF are "high grade acids"? You obviously don't have a fucking clue leaf-boy.

>north dakota is the fracking capitol of the US
>cleanest water in the nation
>cleanest air in the nation

Fracking is perfectly safe. They aren't pumping "deadly chemicals" into the ground, its fucking salt water.

t. north dakotan

Attached: 1543169260033.png (724x1000, 752K)

>These aren't pussy chemicals either, high grade acids that contaminate ground water supplies for thousands/millions of years.
Fracking fluid is mostly just water and sand, plus some chemicals that stay in the sand to keep the cracks open.

The real issue with fracking is earthquakes. When the fluid gets into a fault, it acts as a lubricant. Guess what happens when an inactive fault gets enough lubrication to move again?

>STOP ASKING QUESTIONS ANTI-WHITE LIBERAL HIPPIE COMMUNIST! IT'S ALL OK FAGGOT RACE-MIXING FAGGOT! SHUT UPPPPP!

wow.

Attached: How I feel.gif (580x433, 2.09M)

The whole species is dying anyways. Might as well live like degenerates as the ship sinks.

Aquifers are isolated from drilling chemicals by three layers of pipe and cement, you shitstain.

Get David Suzuki’s cock out of your mouth for a second and learn how many layers of casing are involved in drilling a well.

Attached: 4A542341-AAF0-4EA8-88CB-815222F5CA95.jpg (463x431, 82K)

All anti-fracking propaganda is funded by Saudi Arabia

>high grade acids

Attached: scanner-6.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

Holy fuck the shills in this thread...

Explain this shills:

ecowatch.com/epa-fracking-water-contamination-2144968213.html

Attached: it was over befoer it began.jpg (512x512, 54K)

Shitty bait. Typical Canadian nonsense.

>Pump liquid at high pressure with additives/industrial chemicals designed to eat through rock
>leave chemicals in the ground for the foreseeable future
>don’t worry these chemicals won’t get into you water, it’s not like they are designed to penetrate rock or anything

In 10 years maybe no, but you can’t say the same for 50 to 100 years. I feel bad for people who can’t get away from that shit.

Attached: DCFABD69-663D-4BE5-9B4C-520F6B08A08B.jpg (1300x1040, 261K)

you don't know jack shit about chemistry

It's the fucken boomers man..they just don't give a fuck---the world can end as soon as they die.

Seriously, they are that greedy--they had children because they wanted pets, not to perpetuate the human race.

Maybe stop importing shitskins and you wont have to ruin the planet in search of a pretty penny and a fucking cookie.

It's pointless to argue with mutts when it comes to environmental issues.
They like to bitch about boomers, but in reality the boomer mentality is alive and well in the heads of younger mutt generations.

Attached: The Dome.jpg (698x400, 66K)

Yeah, it's my fault, not fucken boomers who are vampiring the world right now.

Attached: fuck boomers.png (968x634, 204K)

what a shit thread

Blow it out your loose ass you brainlet leaf. People who care about the earth are virtue signalling likely because they are shit humans.

>People who care about the earth are virtue signalling likely because they are shit humans.
It doesn't matter what kind of person I am--when I say we should cherish the fucken earth, I mean we should cherish the fucking earth!

Attached: Woods+mgn.jpg (810x455, 128K)

And you think the chemicals will stay put? Do you think the layers of the Earth's crust are perfectly sealed from one another?

checked

Attached: election map.png (1375x696, 416K)

Of course its a foreigner trying to convince us to give up energy independence.

LEAF POST

Attached: canada.jpg (510x448, 46K)

>Jow Forums americans are such paranoid schizophrenics that they think everything that goes against their programming must be a conspiracy against their self-interest

Wow.

Attached: index.jpg (254x199, 6K)

>Any thread about important stuff gets ignored after it is shilled to death by americans
>Threads about niggers fuckin white women over 289 replies

I see what Jow Forums is now...

Attached: why....jpg (1280x720, 49K)

t. Leaf unable to afford meat due to low oil prices tanking his gimmick economy

Attached: A4ECC863-F9CA-4AA7-AB5D-12B1A9968866.png (328x277, 69K)

Russian shills hate that because make Putin poorer, you can see that on RT > Russia Today, daily

Why do you care?
I mean I wouldn't want it in my neighborhood, but the Americans should keep doing it to make gas cheaper.

Psychopaths, that's who.

US is energy independent now. Fracking good

Well, the rest of the world has basically agreed that backwards goatfuckers are allowed to profit from a commodity that the rest of the world needs, so until we (US/RUS/CHI) can go there and take it for cost, we will continue to do whatever we want.

Short term gain for long term pain.
The boomer mantra.

Attached: Iy0l8Bv.jpg (599x520, 26K)

Liberal faggot. Fracing does not use harsh acid, unless it’s a small stimulation to open up limestone, or for cleaning out sulfur deposits. Your a literal faggot who knows nothing about the oil and gas industry.

This guy knows what’s up

First > is not true

I love how everyone ITT ignored my post that contains a study that proves that fracking is literally poisoning water supplies.

Attached: thanks mummy.jpg (300x168, 8K)

I think artificial intelligence takes over in 40 years. Short term means more to me. Nuclear war is what saves humanity unironically. Take the black pill.

It's probably funded by a left wing think tank. Or not who knows.

>Do you think the layers of the Earth's crust are perfectly sealed from one another?
How the fuck do you reckon that that much gas stayed put for so fucking long?

Acid has been used for oil and gas operations since the 1860s. Hydraulic fractures at shallow depths have been induced since the 1880s. The real shock is it's taken us this long to exploit tight resources.

From the EPA report:

>Data gaps and uncertainties limited EPA’s ability to fully assess the potential impacts on drinking water resources locally and nationally. Because of these data gaps and uncertainties, it was not possible to fully characterize the severity of impacts, nor was it possible to calculate or estimate the national frequency of impacts on drinking water resources from activities in the hydraulic fracturing water cycle.

Translation: we're drawing conclusions and making creative guesses from shitty, incomplete data.

Attached: 1479007811867.jpg (634x476, 56K)

Holyfuck....muricans simply don't give a fuck...

Your inherent greed makes you behave like a virus...you'll kill your host thrive past your limits, thus dooming yourselves (and all of us as well as a consequence).

Attached: Goku_serio-0.jpg (250x200, 10K)

Who's drinking tap water?

Watch you mouth syrup nigger

>Who the fuck thought pumping extremely toxic poison into the earth for some ass gas was a good idea?
Wot?
They're pumping highly pressurized water to loosen the gas that's already there. They do it after oil wells dry up.

epic fail troll thread
saged

>Who the fuck thought pumping extremely toxic poison into the earth for some ass gas was a good idea?
(((Those))) who don't have to live in the places they destroy.

I agree, The United States should use our fiat currency to purchase gas from other nations until all reserves are depleted besides ours, Then every US citizen will be issued an F350 and an AR15

Hey user, glad to know another North Dakotan goes on Jow Forums!

>They're pumping highly pressurized water to loosen the gas that's already there.
Do you sincerely believe what you're saying? Have you done even 1 minute of research?

They use some of the most caustic chemicals possible...SOME ARE EVEN USING URANIUM:

fearandloathingingreatbritain.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/corrupt-bribes-and-depleted-uranium-used-in-fracking/

Everyone pay some fucking attention, I'm the only one dropping sources!

Attached: little fucker.jpg (213x237, 7K)

>Source: ecowatch.com

Perforation guns are used for ALL oil and gas casing completions, hydraulic fracturing or not. Curiously depleted uranium is a pretty good idea. I've never seen that in the Texas or Colorado fields I've been on, but looks like the Brits have us beat with that. Kinda ironic since the inspiration for perforation guns came from German Panzerfausts.

What's a better source than ecowatch?

Go ahead, put me in my place.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>Curiously depleted uranium is a pretty good idea.
Are you trying to upset me?

Attached: 1541338599575.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

The chemicals they use are trade secret so that guy can't answer.
Also it's not the tracking per se... it's the way the dispose of those tracking unknown chemicals.
A. Inject it into the Earth causing earth quakes
Or
B. Spraying it on your crops

No I really think it is. There's a reason we use it in guns. A lot of problems with wellbore completions involve incomplete perforation coverage. A denser metal would solve that, and depleted uranium would fit the picture. I actually googled and Halliburton may test it out in PA. It wouldn't matter much either since the Utica's got its fair share of radioactive patches.

if fracking is bad according to the same source that says migrants are good, then i'm all for fracking

In my company our frac fluid is about 99.5% water by volume. The remaining percentage is:
-0.3% guar gum
-0.1% HCl
-0.1% "classified chemicals". I can't list them all but every single one of them is derived product from crude oil. Some are in the BTEX family so a lot of people have problems with that, but considering there's millions of barrels of crude oil containing BTEX already in place I don't see the point of that argument.

>Step 1: possibly contaminate water
>Step 2: if water is contaminated, filter/purify it
>Step 3: ???
>Step 4: checkmate environmentalists

You've fallen for an old trick my friend....

You do realize that you are programmed to a certain political matrix right?

You didn't arrive at your political beliefs by yourself you know?....

Attached: slide_7.jpg (960x720, 75K)

Braaping > Fracking

Attached: 1530472376181.jpg (694x1024, 95K)

>ya Allah! لماذ تريد ان تقليل دخلي؟
>th-think about the water!

Arabs, Russians, Iranians, Venezuelans and probably even the Nigerians and every other oil exporter are the ones funding anti-fracking disinformation.

Our fracking operations are getting more efficient and safer every month and oil dependent countries are terrified that they'll never see $80+ oil again

Attached: oil merchant.jpg (501x585, 76K)

Fracking upsets the unknown fungal ecology at subterranean depths

The fungal strains we're talking about are unknown to science, they eat crude oil presumably.

as result they bloom and clog up the drill equipment. The fungal blooms reach the site surface contaminating equipment and the air. they fill all the surfaces inside shipping containers and foul seals.

We have no idea what the results of this will be to humans working around this fungus.

But we do know that we can pump anti-fungal agents into the fracking liquid to prevent it.

Source: I live in PA and work on fracking equipment.

TCMTB is one of these chemcials, you can find it on wikipedia.

Attached: meats.jpg (1800x1062, 903K)

i have a multi layer filter attached to the sink at worst. better idea?

>Arabs, Russians, Iranians, Venezuelans and probably even the Nigerians and every other oil exporter are the ones funding anti-fracking disinformation.
Do you actually think I'm any of those things?

Maybe I just give a shit about nature?

Attached: shepherd-of-the-pyrenees-rosa-bonheur.jpg (900x669, 120K)

of course they are it's built with the original tetrabrick technology it's called geobrick

so the idea that the water table is not contaminated is bullshit because there is no way to stop 100% of contamination coming to the surface when you're literally drilling a hole in the earth. it's just common sense.

NORTH DAKOTA STRONG
MINNESOTA FUCK OFF
Bobcat and oil are the best

Attached: 1497113771537.jpg (810x1080, 251K)

Gay

>China engages in more fracking operations than any other country on the planet— literally no activists slamming china for their activities.
>Fracking never proven to cause earthquakes
>Burning the results of fracking produces less carbon emissions than natural gasses
>Water poisoning literally never happens because of intense regulation
>Monitoring wells drilled by the EPA were done incorrectly, which is the only reason they detected poisoned water
>Willing to force millions of americans to pay enormous hikes in gas prices so you can virtue signal

Gas yourself, kike.

Acid treatment is just for near wellbore, anything else is about wettability of the kerogenous rock so that it doesn't hold water against the nano-pores of the rock and lets hydrocarbon through.

You nerds can quit fracking, we'll happily take up the slack.

fracking is bad for saudi oil prices.
fuck saudis.

How is water toxic poison?

Anyone who considers themselves a conservative and cares nothing for the conservation of our environment is either one of them or a third worlder who has no concept of ecological responsibility, unfazed by the thought of shitting where they eat.

Howbout let them drill the oil we need off coast undisturbed and they won't need to find new sources?

It's fuckin sad m8...

Attached: 1543647001000.gif (844x475, 2.93M)

lol canadian shilling for more US dependence on athabasca sands. just buy canadian oil, burger!

In our case, it's probably a higher good to STOP dependence on foreign oil any way possible, because that's why we end up sucking Saudi dick and getting in endless wars

>we end up sucking Saudi dick and getting in endless wars
Pretty sure the Saudis are propped up by Murica precisely for CHEAP exploited oil.

Attached: 12507408_f520.jpg (520x392, 41K)

>retards believe fracking is a problem
hippy faggots dont understand that it's a chinese conspiracy to scare us away from fracking profits. The shills want you believe that we need to "not destroy" the "environment". Look at these chinese people who don't have to worry about their carbon footprint or whatever liberal bullshit is being pedalled these days. Do they worry about CO2, or about fracking, or about plastic in the oceans? No! Because they know it's just communist propoganda

Attached: smog.jpg (1250x650, 132K)

By being inside contained pockets, once you burst those pockets, then the chemicals flow everywhere else.

>pumping extremely toxic poison into the earth

It's just water lol, fucking retards

>The chemicals they use are trade secret so that guy can't answer.
So is the actual formula for Coke, faggot.
Every chemical used is known and documented. What isn't listed is the actual blend. And it's mostly water and sand.

Fuck off, you worthless lying jews. It's your fault we're not using far more efficient and CLEAN nuclear power in the first place.

OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC
OP WORKS FOR OPEC
>OP WORKS FOR OPEC

Well before aquifers. Um you’re gonna need to explain because that is just basely flatly false

You do get that the liquid goes out of the end of the pipe into the ground to release the gas right? The whole “the pipe is safe thing” is a strawman

>endless wars
Yes, on behalf of Saudi Arabia, right, Moshe?

Attached: trust me 3.jpg (100x125, 3K)

Oh an benzine, and formaldehyde, and boric acid.

See

fracking is actually good for your health

You forgot biocides and clay stabilizers. Are those found in coke?

The industry needs to do tow things: 1. address surface spills which are a HUGE problem and 2. Have better safeguards in place to ensue casing collapses NEVER happen and well Integrity is maintained forever around the aquifer section of the well and below (fluids under 15ksi will migrate).

Attached: 0F4F0C92-1631-4A4D-A6C7-6ECF0EB4730D.gif (454x430, 13K)

>I know about this fungus that exists in a wide variety of places
>But it's entirely unknown to science
Ok guy

The oil and natural gas that is extracted through fracking is not in “bubbles” that burst like you think of it. Explosives perforate a zone, those perfs are expanded with water pumped at 15k psi, enough to “fracture” shale rock, and sand is added once you have fractured it. The sand acts to prop open those hairline fractures, otherwise weight and pressure would literally just seal it off again. The proppant increases the permeability and porosity of the shale rock, which allows natural gas and oil to flow through it into the wellbore. Once fracturing is done, the well is sealed until it’s ready for production, and wellbore pressure is monitored. Since you now have a single system from surface to the pay zone, you can monitor any changes in that pressure to detect dangerous buildups or drops. If you understand what hydrostatic pressure is, you will know that the oil and natural gas will flow from the high pressure zone, to the low pressure zone, such as production tanks.The pay zone for shale in most of the US is 16k to 26k feet below surface. This is about 11k-21k feet below groundwater aquifers. Contamination is extremely rare, and only really occurs with smaller, mom and pop, oil producers. The kinds who are willing to cheap out on cement, cement bond logs, and their casing. Hydraulic fracturing is pretty well established science and you could train a fucking monkey, or even a nigger, how to do it.

yeah, living in China's cities is a real paradise thanks to ignoring environment conservation

oh wait

I heard it causes small earthquakes