Married anons, how did you meet and court your wife?

Any old married anons here? I’m getting tired of thot culture and I want a life partner. How did you do it? Everything online all pertains to picking up women in bars and on tinder and I honestly hate that. It’s not like I’m an incel I just feel hollow after meaningless sex. It seems to be the only way I can get close to emotionally connecting with a woman. Any time I seem to show any type of interest beyond straight fucking it’s always the same routine of ghosting or saying she just wants to be friends or wants something with no strings. It’s getting tiring and I think I’m gonna give up on the idea of marriage/long term relationships and I’m only 22. How did you married anons do it?

Attached: 9AA52D67-9112-494D-9471-C220AD6B25E0.jpg (750x811, 287K)

High school

Bumping for interest. Currently 20 and not into this hit and move on shit. Would much rather find a life partner.

>move to Nevada during high school
>before moving, join Interpals.net and try to make friends before I live there
>they were all several hours away
>only kept talking to one, she lived four and a half hours away
>Keep in touch all three years of high school, graduate with plans to join the Navy
>Decide to not go, enroll in CC instead
>Since I'm stuck in Nevada, figured I may as well explore and finally go meet this friend
>She had a very strict upbringing, never was allowed to see anyone after school
>Very, very anxious and stressed out around men, could barely handle having a male bus driver or cab driver sort of person (same age as me)
>Extremely socially anxious, couldn't talk on the phone with me or send a picture more than once a year
>Drive to meet her
>She's genuinely the most beautiful person I've ever met
>Voice like an angel
>Body like art
>The entire time I'm there, she cooks for me and is extremely attentive to our friendship
>After our day together, grab and kiss her
>Fast forward
>Now married
and that's the story. She had never dated anyone before me, which is cute.

Attached: 431e37a6328e7774cd43dea7f0ac8cb7--young-justice-marvel-heroes.jpg (736x725, 47K)

For reference, I'm 20 now. She's got a CNA certificate and makes bank, and we combined incomes in order to purchase a townhouse.

INCEL IS NOT A REAL THING BECAUSE WOMEN DO NOT OWE YOU SEX.

Incel doesn't mean women owe you sex retard

>Involuntarily
>Celibate
>Involuntary as to imply the lack of sex is out of your control, as if it is a commodity you deserve
You even describe in the OP post (assuming you're OP) that you're just sick of casual sex and are opting out. So you're just celibate.

Since your reading comprehension is shit. I said I am not an incel. Incels are incapable of getting sex even though they try anything in their power to get it. Yeah I can get laid but I want something more than that. This kind of goes to show that people seem to only make relationships just a physical thing.

I'm not OP, I'm married
And I still don't understand how you're making the jump from "involuntary" to "deserve", you're making a few assumptions in between

That’s a nice story man. Hopefully I can find someone like that. Kind of makes me realize I should probably slow my roll and try and communicate more with a potential partner. You’ve been chatting for what, around 3 years? Everything I’ve been told says to move to close within a month and if she isn’t fucking by then you should move on.

My wife and I have been friends for 5 years, only started seeing each other in person for 2. We just got married.
You shouldn't rush to sex. Communicate with them and find out what their needs are.
For example, since she was a virgin when we met, my wife wasn't and still isn't into sex, and while I've had numerous sexual encounters I still don't really seek it out.

Attached: 3c796f334279c9cd261ba0a03f650bdf--flipagram-captain-marvel.jpg (736x736, 45K)

Do not settle for anything less. Do not sell yourself short and buy into those "no strings attached" relationships. If you are with the wrong girl, you cant be with the right.

Clearing your own life for you to be ready to settle down is first, and telling that good lady you find straight up you aint joking, you are looking for your companion, for your future wife, and you aint settling for anything short. You dont want to waste their time, but do not let them waste your time. Get serious.

I married at 24, the most beautiful girl around, got divorced after 3 years. Dont marry a face, marry a heart. Dont try to wife a thot. Find wife material, they wont settle for anything less than a good husband.

Get proactive

I settled. I failed to find perfect and my 95% of everything I wanted ended up cheating big time despite having agreed terms for open activities, which were ignored.
I realized that no one is perfect. No one is what is advertised. Wife and I had met via a Craigslist fetish ad I had placed. I was complementary, witty and fun and widened her horizons. I made a point of never being too open - she needs mystery to make up romantic stories and think she can change the things she doesn't like. I try to present the stereotype male - quite, emotionally a bit cut off and a bit distant - "I love you" is not every day, but kisses and such are. We had and have some basic compatibility in outlooks on many things. Things were good for the first 2 years and in year 3 came our kid. Since marriage and a kid, her worst qualities have come out in spades. She set about needing to paint the house, get new furniture and remodel things to remove the smell of anyone prior to her. I recently read some good stuff about female mind influence that I need to apply to see if that helps ( I suspect it will).

This is retarded.

I met my wife at work. But don’t assume just because you’re married means you have some big partner. My wife refuses to come to bed which ruins my sleep. She hordes cats which makes our basement intolerable. She relentlessly spoils our brats so they are helpless. We have no plans, goals, etc.

Being happily married is my goal in life.

I met my previous love off facebook, just shot her a message and everything fell into place. We were serious for a long time and then she decided against it completely. Guess better when I'm 25 instead of 35...

>involuntary celibate
>involuntary = not being able to opt out
>celibate = no sex

>How did you married anons do it?
Chat with women anywhere and everywhere you go. It's just a numbers game.
I met my wife when I was called in to do a job in an office right next to hers. I had to keep walking back and forth from in front of her desk and I just smiled and chatted a bit. She flirted back and came out to talk to me when I was on a break.
The point is that I must have chatted with a couple of hundred women, probably 20 really flirted back, 2 I ever dated and 1 I married.

>It's just a numbers game

ban all men who've never gotten trips

I was good looking and white and she was a poor chink.
Literally sucked my cocker during the first lecture of our math class and paid foe my coke habit wth her accounting job when she graduated.

Married me cuz my dad owns a McDonald's and a ford dealership.

Just recently found out she might lose her job so ... yeah ... won't be married for long lol

Knew my wife since we were children. Friends for a long time. She went through an anxiety fit when I left to go to college 30 miles away. Been attached ever since

What horrible person you are

>24
>fat balding khv
>college unaffordable
>no friends/contacts
>shit job
>enjoy improving others' lives
>get coworkers food after my shifts
>stay late to help them pass time
>closest age coworker is 20 female, chubby cheeks
>only one I can't connect with
>only wears sweater and baggy jeans, physically weak
>plays 3ds on break
>never wants food, always 1 word answers
>new years eve comes
>planning to headbutt asshole neighbor's car from 5th floor apartment at 12am
>get text at 11:58pm
>"happy new year!" from chubby
>don't jump
>throw rotten eggs on neighbor's car
>summer arrives
>am coworkers' idol
>chubby had birthday
>invite for after work tacos to celebrate
>she accepts
>wears cargo shorts and sweater
>toned legs
>we eat, go to arcade, get ice cream
>gives me a hug after
>feels fat
>next week we see movie
>same clothes
>coworkers say we're dating
>ask chubby in front of everyone if she has a bf to prove we're just friends
>turns red and says "if it's okay, you"
>accidental 1st gf
>1st date at rooftop pool/bar
>nobody there
>she's in sweater/shorts
>dip feet in the pool and talk
>she's a khv
>no support from family, no friends
>shows texts as proof
>feel bad
>change topic to sweater
>she's uncomfortable with body
>say "I'm fat, I don't care"
>"your fat goes away but mine is genetic"
>red flag, change subject
>end date with light kiss on her doorstep
>next date I pick her up
>same shorts/sweater
>driving to mall
>shares she wanted to an hero last year but I gave her hope
>spaghetti and ask if the sweater is hot
>"...I want you to see the real me"
>removes sweater
>wearing tank top
>flat belly, thin arms, huge boobs
>was referred to as slut/whore daily and false rumors spread from 5th-10th grade
>got bullied so much had to be homeschooled 11-12th grade
>this caused family financial problems so they mistreat her
>interrupt to say she's beautiful and I love her
>she cries
>text her that every day
>married 2 years later
>now tell her every night and morning

tldr- work

That's a good story user. Proud of you =)

>I try to present the stereotype male
How can you stand being someone you're not? This is the most depressing things about relationships to me; almost everyone who I'm close to and talk about their relationship with has a similar story. Their relationship is built upon the give-and-take of pretending to be what their partner wants. Can't any relationships be genuine?

My wife and I met because I had a local friend that moved away and formed a friend group in his new city
occasionally the new and old friend groups would chat online, meet up at events, etc.
Once I realized she liked the same shows as me, and was also a devout christian, I set out to date her.
Talked to her a lot online (she hates talking on the phone, even today) hung out at events, etc. so that I knew she was comfortable around just me. Then I got into silly arguments like "who was that actor in that movie?"
I'd say "If I'm wrong, I owe you a meal"
Of course I was wrong.
Then it was "Well, if I'm wrong, I owe you a movie"
Of course I was wrong.
Then it was "Hey, you know that dinner I owe you? And the movie? Let's do both and call it a date"
And she said yes.
within about 4 months, I knew she was marriage material. Within another 4 months I had saved up enough to move to her city. 6 months later I proposed. 8 months later we married.
That was 9 years ago.

Thats my story, for what it's worth, but I also want to offer you some direct advice for your particular situation

women physically mature faster than men, but their mental state doesn't evolve as fast because that's environmental, and women tend to be shielded from "adulthood" longer than men these days. Where a man is often faced with getting a job and paying their way the moment they turn 18, a woman is more likely to only worry about that at 23-25 (depending on college). However, if the woman has a traditional upbringing (doesn't matter what tradition, religious or not, just any cultural push to follow a path that's worked for generations) then she'll likely be mature.

Why does any of that matter? Because if YOU want to find a woman to marry, you need to look for a woman who is doing the same. Hold your prospective spouse to the same standards you hold yourself to. If that means you need to change your behavior to live up to the expectations of the woman you want, that's fine too.

That's not possible due to the fact that women aren't capable of love.

>I settled. I failed to find perfect and my 95% of everything I wanted
well there's you mistake, mate
you went for what you wanted, not what you needed.
The girl that is most exciting is usually the girl that's not ready to stop living life on her own terms

Most marriages are genuine
Dennis Prager has a great quote
"Men want to be admired by the woman they love and women want to be loved by the man they admire"

When you realize that fact, then it makes a bit more sense.

Do men play up certain traits, trying to make themselves seem stronger than they are? smarter than they are? Are they trying to impress their spouse their whole lives? Yes, of course they are. Because they want to know that the person they devote all their emotional energy into feels like the one giving it to them is worth being loved by.

Conversely, women usually admire men for all those traits that men tend to have more than women. Their strength, analytical side, stern authority roles (fatherhood) etc. That's how they pick mates. What do they want from those men? Love. They want the affection of the best man they know. So they act accordingly, doing things they know triggers that affection. Wear nice clothes, cook a nice dinner, fuck their brains out even when she's got a headache.

This isn't people "pretending to be who they are" because who they are is a person who wants to make another person happy.

Sometimes, of course, people forget the golden rule of spouses being equal. If a man views his wife as more important than himself, that is fine as long as the woman feels he is more important than herself. The result will be both ensuring each other is taken care of.
If both man and woman think the woman is more important, than the man ends up behaving in a way that will stray from who they are, because the woman is "worth" doing that.
If both partners overvalue a single partner, that partner will abuse the other (even if unintentionally)

Jow Forums, not joking

Which board? How old were you when you met online and in person? Were you virgins?

aw yeah, d'm tits son

this isn't what he was talking about

see the last paragraph

we played together during an online game and things went from there, not much courting happened, desu

We met at a university. We disliked each other first, then it somehow turned in friendship and before I realized it, we were in love. Pretty happy with how my life turned out as she's beautiful, intelligent and loves spoiling me with her delicious cooking/baking.

I met my husband at work.

Met my wife at a board game meet up. I had a game she wanted to play and the planets aligned, so I didn't sperg out. She went out for a smoke after the game so I took up smoking, went outside and asked her out. She kind of knocked me back as she had a bf, but I just kept at it and eventually she dropped him for me then we got married.

Engaged not married yet, met on campus. Twenty-one so younger than, old man. No one I know or heard of met the same way. People have met all over the place under all different circumstances with specific intent of trying for long-term or eventual marriage. You've been spending your time whoring around while all this is happening and now acting like its out of your hands. Its not hard to find, they are everywhere. She thinks they're avoiding you which is a interesting observation, sol man.

>ER waiting room
>best friend broke her arm
>sit next to very cute guy
>he's shaking
>starts throwing up everywhere
>including on my boots
>he apologises while he keeps vomiting everywhere
>he looks for me after he gets visited and medicated
>"can I buy you a new pair of boots?"
>"no, doesn't matter"
>"can I take you out for dinner to make up for them?"
>"only when you stop throwing up everywhere"
>go out for dinner following week

Married couple of months ago, pretty happy.

>I just feel hollow after meaningless sex

you are a hypocrite and you deserve nothing but thots.

Nice story mate. I have a question tho. At what time in your relationship did you ask her to be your girl or something like that?

Fuck you asshole

Women actually mature mentally far faster than men do. Perhaps your wife was just a bit lazy.

>Women actually mature mentally far faster than men do

or so women want to believe

I told her to close her eyes and tell me her favorite color.
Before she was finished saying "blue" I grabbed her and kissed her.
That's when we started dating

Gonna use this one, thanks fampai

Dammit user, came here to get some advice as well, NOT TO GET DIABEETUS!

Attached: Sam tries to S-Rank VR004 Mission.gif (339x332, 666K)

When did you ask her? Like 6 months within your friendship or like a year

Married, I'm 45, wife is 44.

We got married just prior to the internet becoming available to the general populace. We met via a network of friends and she is the sister of one girl I had an interest in... when I met her, we clicked and we've been together ever since.

We are the type that doesn't constantly question if we're a perfect couple of if we're right for each other. We just have a rock solid bond that we don't compare to anything or anybody.... we are just us.

Why are we so stable? We don't engage in social media. We don't have any real interest in pop culture. We don't compare our lives or aspire to emulate anyone else. We want to be the best partner for one another and we treat each other with respect, love and find compromise in any disagreement.

I guess we don't look outside our world for validation of our relationship or to measure our partners against some fictional ideal created by people who have vested interests in making everyone question themselves. We take no notice of what influencers and trendsetters want us to believe.

Are we good people? Yes.
Are we happy? Yes.
Could we better? Maybe, but we don't know how because we don't look/need to improve.
Is there someone better for 'me'? No. We have achieved contentment.

We didn't grow up in an environment that forced us to partner because we had to (like small town or religious/cultural pressures forces people to partner without free choice).

We haven't been fed a diet of "look at me" or "you can be better" or exposed to rampant narcissism.

We just live our own lives, content to raise our kinds, seek solace in one another, place the other's needs on equal footing with our own and never stop sharing or talking (communicating). We aren't needy but we aren't aloof.

We have balance. Something modern life seems to lack for many people, I think due to incessant bombardment of messages seeking to destabilise contentment.

My advise. Use the internet as a tool, not a lifestyle.

>Any time I seem to show any type of interest beyond straight fucking it’s always the same routine of ghosting or saying she just wants to be friends or wants something with no strings
God I fucking hate this shit so much