My cat drowned because of me. I'll never forgive myself. I am the biggest fucking gay

My cat drowned because of me. I'll never forgive myself. I am the biggest fucking gay.

>found and raise cat since it was a kitten
>sisters name him Stampy
>family loves him
>was originally an inside cat but always wanted outside.
>took him on walks occasionally
>move to a different town, new house
>this house has a pool
>cat is about 4 years old at this point
>less sketchy area, let cat outside
>cat makes other friend cats and even a girlfriend
>still comes back to see me almost every day
>few months pass
>wake up this morning and he's floating in the pool

i tried everything i could, it was too late.
it's my fucking fault I should've put a ladder in the pool for him or something before it happened. I had almost drowned before when I was much younger. no one deserves to drown. I cry when I imagine my cat meowing for help wondering why I'm not coming to save him.

i thought about putting a ladder but never got around to it. i imagined he could get out himself.
please help me forgive myself
rest in peace Stampy, much more than a cat.

Attached: Stampy.jpg (749x557, 49K)

Its your fault user and nothing you do will change the fact you killed your cat ... kill yourself ...... nah jk man stuff like this cant be avoided bro and who knows maybe someone else killed it and threw it in the pool to cover it up ..... and for the record cats are agile as fuck theres no way in hell he should have fell victim to a pool

Is the cat in the pick urs ? Cute cat sorry for your loss user... look at the bright side you can get a new kitten or the superior pupper

I'm sorry for your loss, user. Next time you have a pet, try to make sure that the your backyard is relatively safe; just be more responsible.

Would a pic of my puppie make u feel better?

if it makes you feel any better cats are generally really comfortable with death, partly why they go to hide somewhere before they die
the only thing he probably thought was "so this is how i go"
also, the cat was probably unconscious the third time breathing in water and passed painlessly
these things happen user and wherever your cat is im sure he forgives you

>wake up this morning and he's floating in the pool
Somehow this made me laugh. Sorry for your cat but that was either a dumb cat or your pool was an inescapable maw of despair no living thing could get out of.

Fuck this makes me feel sad

No

Your cat spent his last moments in sheer terror as most animals do. Not knowing what is happening or why; only wishing it to stop. Cats should stay inside, they're a menace.

I'm not OP like you seem to think but if that was true cats wouldn't try hiding anywhere to die, they'd just drop dead in the middle of the living room

I know you're not OP, I was telling you that you're wrong
You're giving the beast more credit than they deserve and it wasn't a natural death. They hide when they're sick to avoid predators, not because they're cool with dying and ascribing any sense of forgiveness to animal that shits in a box full of sand is almost comical.

You can be right, or you can be nice.

Take this as a lesson on not being lazy.

The next time you have to do something, you do it right away.

I'm saying the exact opposite. Animals don't have the same level of death-fear as humans do. For cats, it's just something that happens and the "terror" you talk about lasts a few seconds at most

OP, I'm not going to say the trite stuff about how you shouldn't blame yourself. But an important realization you need to have as you mature is that the lives of other people and creatures are largely out of your hands.

Yes, with hindsight you may come up with some way you could have acted to avert what happened. But what happened wasn't that reasonable to foresee, like you said you imagined he could have got out of that pool on his own.

I own a pet bird and it's moderately likely that one day he'll figure out how to get out of a poorly secured door or window and I'll never see him again. I take reasonable steps but there are always mistakes and I'm at peace with the fact that this risk may play out some day. I will of course still mourn him if it happens.

Don't burn yourself up on coulda shoulda shit, only kids are naive enough to believe the world around them can be under their control to that degree.

Attached: 1475136371457.jpg (500x500, 52K)

>>wake up this morning and he's floating in the pool

Maybe his girlfriend cat broke up with him and he was just devastated, since you raised him to be a pussy by keeping him inside for the first 4 years of his life.

Since 1 cat year = 7 human years your fucking cat didn't go outside until he was 28!

Cats should be kept inside, cunt

You let your cat outside unsupervised to breed with other cats and endanger himself with predators, cars, strangers, and even your pool.

You're a terrible owner and shouldn't get a cat again. I mean it. Zero sympathy for you.

Do everyone a favor and don't talk about things you know nothing about. Animals share just as much fear as humans. Drowning is an incredibly painful death, it's nothing like a cat walking off to perish naturally.

>gets a pet
>"The life of this creature is completely out of my hands, they just died one day, oops!"
That's horribly moronic. You even said yourself that you own a bird and take reasonable steps to ensure he stays in the home. OP did the opposite.
Perhaps you're the one being naive. OP doesn't need to be coddled, he needs to learn a lesson from this in case he does get another pet.

Shoulda made this your op post.

Give hima good burial, dont make this mistake again.

Attached: 1523088894861.jpg (604x516, 126K)

>breed with other cats
Ever heard of something called spay/neutering, retard?

It's okay. To help get over it, buy a new kitten. New pets help owners get over the loss of previous pets. Then after 4 years you can do the same experiment and leave the pool uncovered, maybe this cat will swim!

It happens OP sorry to hear that. We had a cat that lived a few doors down, the owner never gave a shit so we had to feed her and even look after her kittens as the owner would lock the cat outdoors at night (we would hear the meowing when she would be waiting outside trying to get in) so we took her in as we had cats of our own and they were kind of friends.

Long story short she got hit by a car and we found her the next morning dead on the sidewalk, the owner never even gave a shit, she just sold the kittens and kept one to keep breeding them.

I think the cat had a boyfriend because after she died he'd always come to our Backgarden at night and start meowing, probably jealous thinking she's with our cat.

Still makes me sad to this day.