Dealing with a smoking neighbour

Ive been living in a block, I identified a neighbor diagonally below me who (a couple actually) smokes on the balcony and the smoke comes right through my window. Its no big problem in the colder months, but this is the only way i can cool my flat since installing an AC is forbidden.

How should i stop this?

I had a couple of ideas but im not sure:
- Asking them nicely to stop, or leave the building when they are doing it. But im thinking, if you are so weak willed that you have to pop 2 pack every day, you wont change your habits if a stranger asks you nicely. I can even consider paying them to go to therapy or something.
- There are no regulations to prohibit smoking in private, but it is harming every neighbor. I could ask the manager to do something (he wont) or go to court with this.
- They have a kid, so i can call child services.
- Go for the punishment route, putting cigarette buds in their mailbox/ balcony/ keyhole/car exhaust, spilling water soaked in cigarette in their flat under their door etc...

Attached: cw3fyt.jpg (800x600, 29K)

You forgot the answer that would solve all your problems: stop being a little bitch
Close your window if the communal, open air isn't up to your anal retentive standards you passive narcissistic fuckstain

Its not too big a request why are you being so agressive.

if you dont want the effects of second hand smoke id ask tvem to stop but morally i think it may be a good idea to call child services because smoking could have such a negative effect on their childs life

>They have a kid, so i can call child services.

For what? Smoking? They're doing it outside, numbskull.

is similarly retarded.

It might influence their child to smoke in the future, this has countless negative effects. Whats your problem?

t. Smoking drug addict

Throw stinkbombs at their door/balcony/windowsill so that they can't go out there or open a door/window to smoke.

Your lack of real arguments and frequents insults really show your immaturity. You have to be at least 18 to post on this site.

While people who smoke and ruin our air with their shit ass smoke are the scum of the planet, no denying that, OP is also being a little bitch about it.
Just ignore it like you do with every retarded ass faggot that's trying to justify his disgusting habits.

Alright there badass.

Id love to see you guys in the same situation.
I dont give a shit if im walking behind a smoking person or im next to a table with one.
Also other disguising habits doesnt effect me in my flat. I dont care what happens on the street tho.

I sort of want this to work but they might talk themselves out of it with the "doing it outside" argument.

I'm in the same situation at work, which is arguably worse than at home, because at home you can have a literal fistfight with your neighbour because he smokes and nobody would give a shit, but at my job where there's only sassy women, say 1 wrong word and I'm fired for harassment or whatever meme they can conjure up.

Anyway my advice stands, just ignore it like you would ignore any other disgusting ass habit. Or get in a fight with him.

>Id love to see you guys in the same situation.
>"Oh gee, someone is smoking outside and my little faggot lungs and my little faggot nose can't take it"
>shuts window and turns on AC because I live in the 1st world

I agree people who smoke near children are very bad influences, its unfortunate nothing is currently dont to stop them

cant install AC

ape

great advice

I'm calling bait. Call child services because parents are smoking outside? Literally nobody is this retarded. Incredibly obvious bait designed to trigger smoking anons and get a response. And sadly it seems, partially successful

Attached: images.png (283x178, 8K)

Not everyone gets a choice where they live user, you flaunt your priveledge like a spoilt child. I wonder if you would repeat those same words if it were not so easy to remain anonymous.

Deal with it and do nothing because there ain’t shit you can do.

>Not everyone gets a choice where they live
But everyone gets a choice in where they stay. You're free to leave whatever shithole you were born in for any other.
Like who the fuck even chooses to live in a building with no central AC and specific rules against installing smaller units?

Not bait, it is a drastic suggestion but id rather it happen than some kid grow up, start to smoke, develop cancer, die slowly and painfully when it could potentially have been prevented. Thinking about it now maybe calling child services may not be the best action. But i really do hate when people do this to kids who's minds are easily influenced. It just seems like such a irresponsible thing to do.

Good point, maybe a move would be a good idea if possible OP

I thought of getting a fire extinguisher and blasting the guy in the face whenever hes doing it.

Moving is not an option.

I like where i live. Im not keen on spending an extra 5% property purchase tax whenever some idiot picks up smoking next door. Who the fuck moves because the neighbor is smoking? And you guys call me a little bitch.

>- There are no regulations to prohibit smoking in private, but it is harming every neighbor. I could ask the manager to do something (he wont) or go to court with this.
>- They have a kid, so i can call child services.
>- Go for the punishment route, putting cigarette buds in their mailbox/ balcony/ keyhole/car exhaust, spilling water soaked in cigarette in their flat under their door etc...
You're a cunt for even considering these options.

Ask a stupid question...

Check out the fucking D.A.R.E. ad.

Attached: Get_a_load.jpg (776x602, 44K)

I totally agree. But if you consider the first option and put yourself in the smokers place, you wouldnt give a shit about someone asking to stop. Fighting cunts by being a cunt is okay i guess.

>Who the fuck moves because the neighbor is smoking?
Says the guy who's literally considering ruining a guy's life because he is legally smoking outside and minding his own business.

>ruining a guy's life
Its already ruined, hes a chain smoker after all.
Half of the population would live in trailers if moving was the answer to every problem.

>Its already ruined, hes a chain smoker after all.
Do you really not see how this kind of thinking makes you an asshole?

Yep, im an asshole cunt for not smoking and blowing smoke in my neighbors window. What a world we live in.

He's not wrong, it's their property and they can smoke on it
Wait til you're not downwind from the smoke or something. I know AC is a human requirement but consider some alternatives to staying cool.

I'm saying this because full-stop, you won't get anywhere here.
They're not breaking laws or code, they're not being disruptive, it's just unfortunate that you're in the line of smoke
Close your window while they smoke and move on with your life

I only know when they smoke when its too late. Id be fine with them yelling "Eyo close the window we are having a fag" too.

Then ask them to do that
I'm just saying you're better off acting on prevention than anything else.
Consider an electric fan and a different window or something, or exercise to sweat up and cool down au naturale

The less your solution interacts with them the easier and more successful it will be

>the effects of second hand smoke
>negative effect on their childs life
Do you have a list?

Yeah ill ask first for sure. It wont work i know it. I can only hope.

Interestingly i see other smokers in different block buildings go outside smoking. I can appreciate that.

Every smoker is different. I smoke weed and vastly prefer to be seated in comfort because I fucked my knee years ago and prefer to leave my standing to hours during which I get paid. It's best not to fault someone without knowing their story. People always have a reason (though I'll grant it's not always a good one).

The key is that if they want to piss you off they know how so civility will help you

How about fuck you they can do what they want in their house you prick. You have a problem with it, sure ask nicely. But if they don't stop you have no right to do shit about it.