Not sure if I (f23) can go through with boyfriend’s (m25) Jordan Peterson fantasy

My boyfriend (John…not his real name) and I like a bit of light kink mixed in with role play. Nothing too unusual, some boss/secretary stuff, some teacher/student stuff, that kind of thing. It’s fun, maybe something we do once a week or so? Last night my boyfriend started a professor thing…that was cool with me, although he seemed a little more nervous than usual. Once we got into it, he asked me to call him Professor Peterson. A couple of days before we’d been watching some of Jordan Peterson’s videos. I hadn’t really thought much about him, but my boyfriend was excited to show me…he says Dr. Peterson has been helping him figure some stuff out in his life.

I watched the videos and thought some of the stuff he had to say was okay (yeah, take responsibility for your life, for sure), but some of it was just a bit weird over the top alpha male for me (something about not respecting men who won’t fight or something?). It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

So anyway, when my boyfriend brought up the Dr. Peterso thing I knew where it was coming from. I really like to be accommodating in bed…I totally get off on it actually. So I went through with it but in the end I wasn’t super comfortable. John has brought it up every day since then…he’s got some real dom fantasies that he wants to act out as Jordan Peterson. I don’t know, like, should I look more into these videos and see if I change my mind about him? Should I play along? I can tell John is totally into it…he’s normally a sex two or three times a week kind of guy but he wants it ALL the time now. I’m happy he’s feeling more horny and I don’t want to shut him down (I’m normally the high libido one). What should I do?

Attached: jord.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Jordan_Peterson_Memes/comments/8h6rfv/when_your_love_for_peterson_goes_a_little_too_far/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peterson has a lot of stuff that is really fundamental but a lot of people haven't heard. Your boyfriend was probably along the ranks of those who haven't heard it before and now worships Peterson.
>omething about not respecting men who won’t fight or something?
This one is ok, it's more in the lines of not respecting people who aren't ready to defend their word all the way if needed. But Peterson does also have some really creepy stuff (basically everything about religion). You can't just convince your boyfriend of that right now though. I think you should try to understand Jordan Peterson's points and slowly bring up things to be critical about (like his definition of truth) without being dismissive of the person himself, when your boyfriend's initial awe has somewhat subsided. So long as your boyfriend remembers to be critical and not just accept every word from the professor, it shouldn't be an issue

Peterson ( like Harris ) is a pseudo intellectual whose greatest achievement to date has been the critique of Disney movies and getting the alt right to finally clean their rooms.

Harris is the same: completely incorrect about Theravada ( conservative ) Buddhism.

I know you're meeting OP, but lots of ididots on nuPlebbit here idolize him. He's not that intelligent, he never directly answers questions and commonly muddies the well.

What a waste of time. He's only marginally better than morons like Chomsky.

Honestly just stop reading into it and enjoy getting choked, it's hot.

meant to say meeming but whatever

Peterson is per definition not a psudeo-intellectual. You don't know what that word means.

Taking advice from videos is one thing, but your bf wants to actually pretend to be the guy, which is creepy. If hes so easily swayed, he didn't have much of a personality or spine himself to begin with. I'd dump him, sounds like he doesn't even know who he is

There is only one absolute rule about sex:

NOBODY SHOULD DO ANYTHING THEY DON'T WANT TO DO.

Is he talking like kermit too? Do you have some quotes? “Clean your damn - twat.“ “Now I'll penetrate the anus, which is partly a jungian idea but also piagetian.“ “I gotta slay this pussy and rescue my father out of the belly of this whale!“ “Ms Peterson, your new pronouns are: Lobster, worthless and fuckhole!“

As a moderate fan, I find this both highly disturbing and a little unsurprising.

I've always wondered what it must be like for famous people - with the knowledge of them being so widely broadcast, by probability some mentally atypical people are likely to take it an do some very weird things with it, psychologically. You hear about stalker fans and whatnot. IIRC some nutcase broke into the singer Enya's house years ago.

Funny thing is, given Dr. P's extensive experience with clinical psychology practice, he probably wouldn't be phased by this at all.

>Peterson ( like Harris ) is a pseudo intellectual
I love how given any topic whatsoever relating to Peterson on the internet, this sort of post is posted, without fail
It's like there's a pool of people with a permanent stick up their ass regarding Peterson, just waiting to splay this opinion at a moment's notice

Also,
>Harris
>pseudointellectual
lulz

Attached: Disgust.png (500x500, 267K)

And if you listen to Peterson you really don't understand what being an intellectual means.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not a paid shill on a cantonese basket weaving video tutorial online repository.

>yes my dear I have ascended to the top of the dominance hierachy

Attached: lobster.jpg (247x204, 7K)

aaayyy lmao pls tell me this is a well thought trolling post

yall niggas are sooo easily influenced by YouTube, it's fucking shocking
it really is like radio and tv in the 20th century

Funniest thing I read today, thanks OP

Attached: 1524239288276.jpg (681x849, 85K)

Someone tweet this to JP.

Your fella is gay for this Peterson character. In the fantasy he projects himself in your place and will get more frustrated the more he acts out this role. Maybe try a threesome with a third guy? Having someone else act as Peterson will give him a chance to get in touch with his true emotions and issues.

So, unsurprisingly, it turns out this is pasta:
reddit.com/r/Jordan_Peterson_Memes/comments/8h6rfv/when_your_love_for_peterson_goes_a_little_too_far/

I'm pretty sure the original was a joke to mock JBP fans. Probably by the perpetually butthurt folks that like to brigade JBP threads/forums.

Attached: 1394600074271.gif (245x276, 1.9M)

kek

Peterson says nothing you can't figure out yourself or Google in motivational speeches dating back to the fucking seventies and shit.
No shit, "nothing changes if nothing changes?"

I think people who need this level of self help are delusional and, in three years when he ebbs back into obscurity for the next faggot (it was TED talks when I was in school) everyone will suck his dick for saying that exact same shit. Woo.

I get it, you guys like it. But dude's right, he's neither new nor impressive and if you think so you're all of the above of young, inexperienced and probably a bit stuck in your own head.
Disagree if you like, I'm not the guy who needs self-help to realize that I have to change my life. You mean, there isn't a magical life fairy who swishes a wand and fixes it all?
Make your bed. Clean your room. Eat balanced and healthy. Pursue what fulfills you but do not put practical gain on the backburner. Respect the respectable and defy the disrespectful. Stand by your character and beliefs and don't let others convince you how to live (except me lol! did I mention buy my merch? smash that subscribe button guys)...
If I missed something I'd be happy to hear what it is.

But at hand is not Peterson's legitimacy, at hand is OP's boy and his, uh.
Fetish.
This one's in your court OP. I'd say... Yeah. Try opening up to it a bit. See where it takes you. See where you end up. Maybe you'll figure out how to get into it for him (assuming you want to do such a thing). The alternative is the discussion about why it doesn't work for you and what alternatives might work or if it's okay to just leave it out of funtimes.

KEK

You guys all know this is bait right? I suspect you do and just don't care because you'll take any opportunity you can get to reeee about Jordan Peterson.

1/10

10/10, deserves to be a past if itsn't already

>Peterson says nothing you can't figure out yourself or Google in motivational speeches dating back to the fucking seventies and shit.

Messages do not persist, and often die with generations.
"It is not original" is not a valid criticism. Art and media have exhausted most every motif and concept; it is very rare for there to be something new under the sun. And yet, such media has value. It is completely valid for existing information to be revitalized for a new generation. You still appreciate cliched media, if the quality is sufficiently good.
The fact that his simple message has resonated so massively is indication within itself that there was a hole to be filled.

>If I missed something I'd be happy to hear what it is.
The piece you're missing is a lack of appreciation for seismic shifts in foundational philosophy within our culture, nuclear-impactful practical lifestyle paradigm changes, and maybe a lack of understanding of individual human psychology in this context.

The point I was making in is that I've seen much criticism of JBP, and most of it follows a very predictable set of trivially refutable themes. But most striking is that almost all of it is accompanied with a level of emotiveness disproportionate to the arguments being presented.
I'm an agnostic, but was raised in a religious home. Honestly, what I see within the majority of criticism of Peterson feels a lot like ideological offense - the kind that comes from religious people when you criticize their deeply held beliefs..

>But at hand is not Peterson's legitimacy, at hand is OP's boy and his, uh. Fetish.
See This thread is bait.

>"It is not original" is not a valid criticism.
In this context it most certainly is. Considering the fact that he makes a lot of money off of rehearsing tired old greeting card colloquialisms to disillusioned white kids there is most certainly an argument that his routine is more snake oil sales than a genuine attempt at addressing foundational philosophy. I'm of the mind that he most certainly isn't an MRA, redpill or misogynist type but I don't think the fact that his message resonates so fervently with these groups and that they've become a rabid fan base and source of income for him is a coincidence.

>But most striking is that almost all of it is accompanied with a level of emotiveness disproportionate to the arguments being presented.
You dressed it up with nice words but you said something pretty stupid. You're using the fact that people are emotional about an argument to infer that their qualms with it have no validity. You're criticizing the emotiveness of the person making the argument and not the argument itself. Also, you have no logical basis for deeming that their emotiveness is disproportionate to the arguments because you aren't them. Claiming that someone is disproportionately emotive about an argument that doesn't affect you is pretty ignorant. It really smacks of the same kind of intellectual laziness that you're complaining about.

>Considering the fact that he makes a lot of money off

And there it is. The subtextual disdain for capitalism, right on cue

JBP does not monetize his YouTube channel; never has.
He started writing his latest book before he became famous
His rise to fame was predicated on an act by him that by all rights was supposed to have brought him financial ruin
Almost all of his revenue comes from _unsolicited donations_
Speaking fees are there because of unmanageable demand; logistics

>You dressed it up with nice words but you said something pretty stupid
It seems I was not clear enough. I was implying that this predictable pattern of Peterson criticism is likely primarily from ideologically motivated individuals - either instinctively, or conscious-methodologically.

>You're criticizing the emotiveness of the person making the argument and not the argument itself.
Again, see above.
Regardless, I already established that the arguments in this case are trivially refutable.

You don't seem to have watched enough of his videos or paid enough attention to understand what he is saying, you could try that or you could at least try asking your boyfriend why he feels they are so important
It's not just about taking responsibility even tho that's one of his biggest concerns and not everything he says is right or perfect
One of the things he talks about is the role of violence in society and how it affects people, he studied rats and lobsters and all other kinds of animals and how they organize and live together and their biology and their genetics and claims that herarchy is part of our genetics which is amazing, studying that could change the world

What Peterson means by religion is mostly ideological darwinism and it makes a lot of sense, people with the wrong kind of ideas either get conquered or their ideas lead to their own destruction kind of like Sodom and Gomorrah, even without the religious factor one can understand how a city where people have sex using their own feces and lubricant would end up falling appart

Clean your room

The funny thing is how they hate capitalism and everyone they hate must be lying to get rich since they are getting money for working
And then they still their patreon and ask for PayPal donations

The OP is almost certainly a troll post but I agree with what you're saying unironically. Peterson's advice resonates with people who were have a hard time forming concrete opinions by themselves, MGTOW types and incels, so it's not really a suprise that he has support here and on Reddit.

>here and on Reddit.
..and ~5000:1 support on YouTube.
And sold-out shows months in advance at ~every stop in worldwide tours
Don't forget topping the charts of ~every major bookseller list across the Western World

The dude has mainstream appeal. Everyone loves him. The only people that don't are the ones that are part of the ideologies he hates.

>everyone who disagrees with him is of an opposing belief
said the ideologue

>The dude has mainstream appeal.

Yeah. I'm far from agreeing with everyithing he says, but a lot of his points resoante with me. Especailly those about Univerity being a place of free discussion (as a humanities student myself) as I've been noticing both professors and students becoming increasingly afraid of viocing their opinions over the last years.

Also his argumentation how SJWs are essentially Narcissists - as someone who was raised by narcissist parents, it seems to be really apparent once you look at it that way.

Also explains why most normal people think SJWs are shitheads, even if they agree with some of their points.

Jordan Peterson is quite accurate in the field of clinical psychology. Which is the field he is educated in. He is a laughably poor philosopher. His main tool of philosophical argument is equivocation. He contorts definitions and obfuscates to the point where he simultaneously invokes enlightenment liberal, utilitarian, existentialist, and postmodern arguments in defense of nothing in particular other than his own correctness. There is no coherence to his definitions, which leads to the impossibility of coherence in his ideology.

So all the success the people who listen to him claim to have is imaginary?

What's a normie like you doing on this site?

>and getting the alt right to finally clean their rooms
They disregard his stuff on individualism because it doesn't work.

>marginally better than morons like Chomsky

bait but fuck it. Chomsky's sources are legit.
>military historian who initially was skeptical of Chomsky until I went to school and got learned

I wish I had a girlfriend like you.

Who would you recommend?

You literally have to be braindead to even watch let alone like Jordan Peterson.

Also a huge manchild. Dump this guy - sounds cray as fuck anyways

Attached: 1524489533090.jpg (403x394, 71K)

Can you go shitpost somewhere else?

>This entire thread

Attached: 94f.png (625x626, 86K)

"You've been a bad girl, truly reprehensible!"
"I'm going to pound that pussy, roughly speaking!"
"After this spanking you're going to have all sorts of post-modern neo-marks on you!"
"Swallow tens of millions of my sperm just like communistic societies swallowed tens of millions of lives!"
"CLEAN YOUR POON!"

Attached: 1273795395888.jpg (246x245, 9K)

Is what you said and the image you posted intentionally ironic or are you just retarded?

>Ms Peterson, your new pronouns are: Lobster, worthless and fuckhole!

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>Wow he's good at what he's trained to do (help depressed people) that MUST mean he is a respectable philosopher!

Just shut the fuck up.

That image is unintentionally hilarious, the guy becomes a fucking tyrannical windbag on his shows the moment anyone gives him real resistance.

This, Stefan is fucking terrible at debate. Constantly gish gallops, creates strawmen, appeals to authority, etc etc.

Upboat

It's a reddit copypasta
It's out there if you google reddit jordan peterson boyfriend, should be the first hit

no, I do not know what kind of person uses copypasta on Jow Forums. I do hope I never meet them, though... they sound like they have poor hygiene

>aaayyy lmao pls tell me this is a well thought trolling post

Jesus what autistics.

T-R-O-L-L

It's so easy with you morons.

Uhhmmmnnnn fresh pasta. It has been so long.