Cat fleas

Tried twice spot on treatment and didnt work. No pet shop open today. How do I kill those fucking fleas without killing my cat? What soap do I use for the bath (we dont have Dawn here, whatever that is). Im also gonna spray the fur with vinegar, spray the carpets with lemon, what else?? I cant catch and squash them between my fingernails

Attached: cat-flea-dirts.jpg (400x266, 14K)

Vet here,

Get your cat to the fucking Vet so they can recommend something effective.

Submerge its body in water until the fleas drown. It might take up to 6hrs for that to happen so drug your cat so it stays asleep for that long.

>drug your cat
>keep the cat in water for 6 hrs

Those are great ideas, dumbass. Why don't you try also killing the cat

Poor fluffcat :

That was the point

I took it and they put spot on treatment and didn't work. They said to give him a bath but he's almost 13 yr old, he hates baths and I'm afraid it's gonna give him a semi heart attack if I stress him out like that. It's not is it?! I'm scared and mad with the fleas and dont want something else that is toxic

My dog has the same problem

It wont let me post in /co/ due to a country block but i just have to ask if youve seen infinity war . Are the guardians from another universe or what ? I thought star lords earth got over ran by aliens or some shit like that

It won’t give him a heart attack. We usually use a pillowcase to wash the cats in - keep the cat’s head out, but body in he pillowcase. In the shower, soap, water, washy washy cat. Use a hairdryer on low once you’re done to help dry him off.

Lemon oil can work for getting rid of fleas, but, please note: YOU DON’T NEED A LOT. Literally two drops for an entire bottle of cat shampoo.

Vets usually have more potent chemicals in store than you would get in some store, just ask for that. Also, don't be a mong, also clean and poison your house.

This. Toxofags go and stay go

I can use any soap so long as I dont get it in his eyes, ears and mouth? I have liquid soap that I use for myself, could I squeeze some lemon juice in it?

One word
Diamatacheous earth. Get the big bag as it is great purpose. Cover cat cover carpets/ furniture. Trust user.

Don't stress about right now. Don't get liquids never worked for met petline or anything. Waste of money.

user what country do you live in?

A lot of flea treatments, specifically Front Line and cheaper versions, don't work anymore as fleas have become immune to them.

It may also be due to the fact that your home is absolutely saturated with fleas, so the cycle never stops.

Have you treated your home with a good quality flea spray, prior to treating the cat? If you're in the UK try Indorex as the spray and Advantage as the spot on treatment.

Normal shampoo probably won’t hurt a cat, no. Don’t use any anti-dandruff shampoos or anything “extra strength” or whatever, but standard shampoo would be fine with some lemon juice. Won’t hurt the cat (but if you’re anxious about it, just google the shampoo ingredients + “cat” and see what shows up.)

There’s also all natural flea shampoos and stuff out there if you’re worried, and they usually work pretty well. And like said, that stuff works SUPER well. Kills fleas, roaches, most bugs, really, and it doesn’t hurt the cats at all. Usually pretty chaap, too!

I read that I should be careful not to put it on hands, near face or breathe it in. Wouldn't spreading it everywhere the cat can go and sniff it, be dangerous?

If my home was saturated with fleas, wouldn't I be able to see some here and there or get bitten myself? Because that's not the case. Happens every spring, I live on the ground floor of an apartment building and every time they bomb the basement, the fuckers crawl up and I end up with them.
Anyway, I haven't treated my home yet. I'm vacuuming daily and going to spray lemon juice all over the place, if that helps in any way. I'm scared shitless to use other chemical treatments since I already lost another cat not too long ago...and not plenty pet-friendly labels around here in Eastern Europe to use safely

They must be talking non-food grade WE. Get the food grade diamateous earth and it's good to even eat so it's fine. Great if you have kids cause it's non toxic. Best solution cheapest price. Trust user DE is solution. Been there.

Maybe not saturated, but even having a couple of dormant eggs could cause the problem to start all over again. You might not get bitten but it seems as though the cat is taking the brunt of them. They only really tend to bite humans if there's nothing else available (they can't sit and gorge on us because we'd notice). I think perhaps think about treating the house first, then try the kitty again on a different brand.

Good luck. It can be a pain in the ass getting rid of a flea infestation.

Food grade is the key! It’s semi-dangerous if not foodgrade, but foodgrade stuff is legit totally fine. Your cat could eat the entire bag and be okay - other than some puking from eating a bunch of stuff you shouldn’t really be consuming, but, still.

And on the toxic scale, try seeing if you can find some well-working and nondangerous flea remedy brands. Research into what other places use, and then try finding those. Might have to special order them, but, probably worth.

If it is an infestation, use the DE everyday and don't stop just because you notice fleas are gone, they are not. Keep applying so when the eggs are born they die.

I've two cats. We get occasional flea problems in summer especially and it is basically because my girlfriend is a borderline hoarder who cannot understand that it is almost impossible to properly clean the places the cats access.

Like she reads 'clear and clean the cats bed area, washing all blankets at high temperatures or with a proprietary anti flea formulation' and thinks that applies to her when the cats are climbing over ceiling high piles of blankets, clothes and shoes. 'vacuum all areas to pick up fleas and eggs' does not work if you can only access a small patch of the floor.

Anyway. Good spot on (like the expensive shit from the vets, not the cheap shit) that is designed to break their life cycle every month alongside regular capstar which causes the death if they feed on the cat alongside regular dustings and brushing with diatomaceous earth is still not enough if your house is a shit hole.

Fleas live off of cats and eggs stick around and remain viable for a long time. It is far easier to clean the fleas and eggs alongside treatment then hope treatment will deal with eggs with a three year dormancy.

Go to the vet and get the neckdrip stuff that kills ticks, lice and fleas. It works for a couple of months and then you have to drip again (in the summer season of corse)

It really works, my Granny's cat gets the treatment and it doesn't get ticks anymore at all, where before there would be five ticks everyday to pull off

I think it is called Frontline Combovet

I remember Frontline spot on treatment was what I used to get every time for this but seems to have stopped working. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if local vet has other products

OP here, sprayed the house with lemon juice
Combing the cat a few times a day with a comb dipped in vinegar
Vacuum-ing
And I'm going out right now to search for food grade DE, some nature shop that may have it and I'm going to sprinkle it everywhere and in my cat's fur. I hope it works in the mean time, until I may find something more efficient treatment at the vet.

Thank you pet loving anons for all the suggestions, I'm sure they will be helpful