Why do girls like dadbods? What about hair?

Why do girls like dadbods? What about hair?

I've always been self conscious about my skinny (slightly) fat body and have been going to the gym to get more toned, but I'm hearing girls prefer dadbods and I don't understand why

What about hair on a guys chest/around their nipples, should I shave it? I personally hate it

Attached: 2122444875105296384_n.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQIw40RYUSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Girls like the dad bod because it makes them feel secure both because they feel like less girls are checking you out and also because it makes them less self-conscious about their own bodies.

This, it only really appeals to stupidly insecure girls.

I like the fact that my boyfriend is strong, manly and a lot bigger than me but also the fact that he doesn't spend more time at the gym than he does with me and can eat the food I cook for him. It also feels more natural, more traditionally manly, more like it is... just supposed to be?
I've dated guys who are more Jow Forums and it was a bit of a pain in the ass, like they care about the aesthetic more than anything.
And it's pleasant to look at and to touch.

>inb4 you're fat
I'm not.

Girls generally think that having no hair is immature. They want a man, not a boy. Getting fit is better than not. But for women, fitness is for the benefit of looking more masculine. You don't have to go the extra mile and shave everything. Just put some meat on you bones. You dont have to get a super cut physique. Just look like you have functional strength.

Dadbods fuck for about twice as long on average then skinnier folks.

It's because the dedication required to be proper Jow Forums reeks of absolute insecurity and incompetence in all other walks of life.

Think about it. A lot of guys go Jow Forums because they are really insecure. They seek to attract women on that alone, and you won't get bodies like your pic related unless you spend a retarded amount of time per day working out instead of stuff are actually meaningful. A guy who only attracts women by working out is like a girl that is butt ugly but has great makeup skills.

In the same way natural/subtle makeup is getting more popular on women (because it seems wholesome and less fake), dadbods are getting more popular on men.

There is no scientific data to back this absurd claim up.

Don't get a dadbod

become a DADDY by getting BUILT

Prey upon females daddy issues

Attached: d83557fad6b25e39d717fe9c716ff8f4.jpg (650x975, 108K)

>projecting
You can also get pic related by working out for >1 hour a day 4-5 days a week for a couple of years along with the correct nutrition. LESS THAN AN HOUR A DAY YOU LAZY FUCK.

>"they care about the aesthetic more than anything"

You mean like yourself?

Yeah, and I want to be the girl in the relationship :^)

Nah, seriously speaking, I take care of my body but I'm not obsessive about it and I want someone who is on the same wavelength. Having someone who won't eat anything that wasn't prepped, will spend hours at the gym every single day, won't do anything fun because he is obsessed by his body gets a little annoying.
I don't care about having someone with a six pack, I prefer having someone average (my boyfriend's bf% is about 18-19%) who I can have fun with than someone super ripped that won't eat out with me or skip a day at the gym.

To me, really, the point of working out is keeping myself from getting too fat and dying early. Same for my bf. Couldn't be happier.

I've had a period of being a gymbro too. That 1 hour a day becomes 2 hours thanks to travel time, rest time, etc... , and "correct" nutrition involves eating a LOT which takes even more time. You also get fucking tired and are less able to do other shit. You also tend to talk about those things a lot with friends, which is fucking boring to women. You could've had the energy to do 3 hours of actually interesting or productive things in the time you spent 1 hour going hard at the gym.

For what? For women? Thats sad desu. You stop for a while and it all goes away. Proper working out is light and isn't a drain on resources. Do you get Jow Forums because you are a manlet? If you are short but a ball of muscle you look like a meatball. If you are tall and have decent social skills, you don't need that sort of body to get women. If you are the typical Jow Forums incel then work out enough to give you some baseline confidence and leave.

Because dadbod isnt fat guy with gut but strong and not shredded bodybuilder guy roided to gills

Think lumberjack instead of mr olympia competitor

Im lifting for a while now, gotten pretty strong and thiccer from skeleton physique and i def. Get more attention from women

Attached: IMG_20180427_202036_935.jpg (1836x2293, 798K)

>he lifts for girls

Attached: 1394358592016.jpg (608x800, 53K)

>A guy who only attracts women by working out is like a girl that is butt ugly but has great makeup skills.

THIS so much. When I got Jow Forums, I ironically did much worse with girls than being a dyel with a beer gut. Because I suddenly had countless insecurities about my body despite said body being objectively better than before.
You'll get a few who want to fuck you for just your body, while losing al the girls who are genuinely into you. Being bearmode-ish while chilling out an bee-ing myself is heaps better.

Also theres a shitload of backwards rationalization going on with that "get fi get girls" meme.
>Dude gets Jow Forums
>For the first time has proper posture and the confidence to go after girls without being desperate
>subesequently gets laid because he is no longer shy and thirsty and willing to take a risk and make moves
>"Guise, guise its because of my sixpack"

>he lifts for the male aesthetic
And you wonder why girls think youre gay

>subesequently gets laid because he is no longer shy and thirsty and willing to take a risk and make moves
This is the best reason why robots should work out. Jow Forums has been around for a while, but mostly nobody stayed around to become the next zyzz. It's because people realize the best thing about working out wasn't the six pack and Jow Forums is not a path worth pursuing after a certain point.

>This is the best reason why robots should work out.

It's not. This tyoe of guy only ends up swapping WoW for Gym time while having a good excuse to avoid socializing. Not drink beer or eat out with people becuas of muh macros.
A fat guy getting on his social gains will be 10x more successful than some austist who now believes all his problems will fix themselves if he drops the next 0.5% bodyfat (hint:they won't)
That shit only produces spergs with body dismorphia in the end.

Working out helps because the confidence.
Because nothing gives more confidence than breaking new deadlift PR, seeing your back getting wide and thick, being stronger than literally all gymbros at your gym.

Fact is, 90% of gym goers dont even workout hard, do bullshit bro routines with shit nutrition while praying supplements will make them huge.

>excuses
>also not having a gym set up in your house
>not being a part of the 1,000 lb club
Why even live you skinny fat faggot?

that is a fair analogy

Jow Forums freaks are just as vain as dumb bitch valley girls.

Dad bods at least signal that maybe they aren't so conceited

>Because nothing gives more confidence than breaking new deadlift PR

No. Other things give you the same amount of confidence. Though feeling comfortable in your body goes a long way too. Which you will ironically ruin if you get too deep into Jow Forums memes no matter how much ou work out.

Also, if monogamy is natural, please explain why most human societies have to rigidly enforce it through social control and harsh punishments for any deviants.
Historically, refusing to be monogamous nearly always lead to you being shunned and punished (sometimes capitally) whether you're man or woman.

If it is oh so natural, please explain to me why it only works if other people supervise and enforce it.

sorry, wrong thread.

Yeah, but to be fair the average time for sexual intercourse is 7 minutes. So it isn't like they are slinging dick for hours

>unless you spend a retarded amount of time per day working out instead of stuff are actually meaningful.

Working out for an hour is a retarded amount and not meaningful? lol just admit that you're jealous of fit people

fit people are good

obsessive people are not

>Working out for an hour is a retarded amount and not meaningful

Considering that it is more like 2-3 hours with traveling and all included, yes it is.
Also considering that you probably spend 8 our or more working if gainfully employed, 2-3 hours each day is a huge commitment and doesn't leave much room for anything else.
All for what? Getting the few girls who are autistic enough to only bang guys with sixpacks? Thanks but no thanks

It sounds like you're just making excuses to be fat desu

If you dipsticks focused more on what you like and less on what 'girls like' (READ: THEY'RE HUMANS SO ALL OF THEM LIKE DIFFERENT SHIT) you might end up with girls you actually liked instead of status armpieces who piss you off and have little in common or interest with you

based

The only thing worse than an incel
is a really fit incel

I bet you also count cleans to your total right

Ive come long way, from being a pudgy fat kid in school, to being pretty fit (altough i could cut fat some more and still have plenty of space on my frame to grow, just need time since natural)
And easily strongest deadlifter and squatter at my gym(but not most jacked)
If you think that going from being insecure about taking off shirt in public (even in only male setting) to being comfortable to be shirtless /naked in front of female, just by spending some time in gym, isnt fucking worth it, then you are retarded.

>inb4 you could just flip switch in your head and ignore the issue without lifting
Yeah sure.

Not to mention girls grabbing my butt and complimenting it, grabbing my arms, brushing/bumping against me for no reason or freshly married girls still flirting with me.

When i was absolutely invisible to women as far as 2 years ago.
granted, its not only gym. Also clothes(which fit much better due gym, wider back, shoulders, traps, narrower waist) and haircut.

Looks are insanely important for both sexes, you are delusional if you think its otherwise. Its not be all, end all but being good looking instantly sets you up in almost every aspect of life.

Google halo effect, and that meme okcupid pic about correlation between looks and profile description quality.

When chad tells a shitty joke, everyone laughs, whereas when you say it everyone sees it as cringy.
when chad acts like jerk he is being assertive and dominant, while you are being prick and asshole that everybody hates.

Attached: 1523393796608.png (264x258, 56K)

Not fat. I do work out/run two or three times a week and it shows. I'll never be "ripped" or anything though. Not my goal.
>If you think that going from being insecure about taking off shirt in public (even in only male setting) to being comfortable to be shirtless /naked in front of female

I always was that though, even when I was chubby.

>When i was absolutely invisible to women as far as 2 years ago.

For me that changed when I started to walk with confidence and talk with intent. Like noght and day, from one day to the next. Yes, things might happen to you taht can just flip a switch in your head. And you can slowly teach yourself to think differently about yourself.

What I take issue with isn't the idea that working out will make you more attractive and is good for you, but that it is the be all end all aof attraction. And that's just plain bullshit.
Its a sensible thing to do if you want to change, but theres a lot of people who just expect themselves to automatically be Chad just because they spend all their time in the gym, and that's a waste.

>girls want a guy that doesn't look good, they don't want a fit guy that they can show off to the world

Girls are a joke, they don't want a guy to look better than them because if shit goes south they don't want a guy that can rebound faster than them

Lol, you can have a pretty face and still no need for gym and girls will jump at you, I know because my best friend is very good looking and he has never bothered with being Jow Forums until recently, which only has added much more to his pre-existing success with women, I really envy that guy lol.

You say that wasting all your time in the gym is "a waste," but 2 hours a day at the gym isn't really a waste, considering all the benefits you get back, it's not just about looking good, there's so many health benefits (including mental ones).

Looking good is a plus and a good motivation, but there's so much than just that.

So no matter how much you think working out is a waste, look up there's research on it, your argument is not valid, it's not a waste of time at all.

They will still fuck you and pursue you if you're really Jow Forums, but if they aren't Jow Forums themselves they will always be a bit insecure around you, because they know you are hot stuff.

Lol what? Why have a dadbod when you could have a chadbod?
I don't understand the point of this thread.

Not everybody is an in real life Ralph Lauren model so a regular guys probably going to have a regular body. And because people are horny and want to have sex they will get a boyfriend who doesn't have a perfect body if they took off the other boxes on the list.

If only people with good bodies had sex the world would not have six billion f****** people on it.

We would have like 12 people.

Anyone who says that having a dadbod is better than being Jow Forums is retarded.

Girls don't like dadbods more than Jow Forums guys, thats bullshit.

Agree, there's no point to this thread.

Yeah except there are unironically girls that would avoid a guy with a chadbod even when they're above average in the looks Appartment, as well as the girl being above average in the looks department too.

Girls don't like it when a guy is fit

I could imagine it being comforting. Many people tend to fall in love with people similar to their parents.

maybe theres a growing preference for male healthy weight, whether that weight is mostly muscle or fat.

>Healthy weight
I hate this meme of calling fat people "healthy"

Its not fat you momg, but the body a working man gets. Gym bodies just look artificial and wierd.No body looks like this just by eating right and doing physical work.

Because their partners have dad bods
Its about coping

user isn't talking about fat people, he's talking about men who aren't shredded

>tfw I have a dad bod out there for me
>can only see him once a week
>he's married

I don't get turned on by anything else

Attached: e3f[1].jpg (232x197, 23K)

It's already been said, but yeah, dudes who spend all day doing nothing but working and then working out are an issue to the whole relationship thing. If you're in college, there isn't much of a reason not to be in pretty good shape, but in real life, you're probably committing close to 10 hours on a good day for work including getting ready and commute, and with eight hours of sleep, you have a whopping 6 hours left in the day for anything else. If 2-3 hours of that is gym, and another hour for cooking to your macros, you have maybe an hour or two in your day for someone else.

t. daddy issues
please kill yourself

My natural body is a semi-gym body, so idk what the fuck you're talking about fat ass.

I have never had what one would call an athletic body and I like guys with decent bodies. You don't need six pack abs although it's nice, arms and shoulders are nice. I have the Marilyn Monroe type figure, so I can appreciate people who actually can get muscle tone. (Even when I worked out hard daily and played sports I just look like a Coke bottle with fat)

Most people like when a guy is fit. Some women may not like the implied pressure, but in my vast experience of men and my relationships and my female friends' relationships, men still expect women to have a certain body type or skinny thing going.

The few men who like the 'curvy' figure on women will break and be embarassed as soon as their mom or buddy says something about their girlfriend being fat/plus size.

So again this thread is an exercise in futility.

If I love a guy it doesn't matter if he has a six pack, can men say the same about their expectations in women?

We are in agreement, sir.

A healthy weight isn't 0 percentage body fat.
Humans need some fat in their diets. The problem in the last fifteen or twenty years is more people than ever seem to be overweight because of issues like what's in the food we eat, convenience food, very few pe/ exercise in schools, kids coming home from school and playing with computers all night rather than running around the neighborhood exercising.
My brother and sister played sports and had practice all the time. When they got out of sports they gained weight. Kids need constant activity to counteract the Doritos effect.

There's a balance between that werewolf guy from magic Mike and a dick Cheney body.

Are you seriously implying that different people cannot like different things?

No, we were pointing out that this thread said women don't like fit bodies and only like dadbods...which is cancer

>If I love a guy it doesn't matter if he has a six pack, can men say the same about their expectations in women?
Yeah. I have a body like pic related, so not thin at all, and my boyfriend's sister and mom are extremely thin (both models). When they commented on the fact that "he could do better" and have a much thinner gf, he laughed and said he loved me and loved my body.
Argument closed, still together after 4 years.

Attached: bt.jpg (547x403, 41K)

>don't have the conviction to actually build the body they want
>move the goalpost and say that what you have is as good as anybody needs to get

Of course fit bodies are preferable in a vacuum. Nobody has argued against that. The issue is that if your line of work doesn't involve you getting super fit, then the time and effort required to get ripped means you are neglecting too much in your life, INCLUDING the women you attracted with your god bod.

Really, its not that girls prefer dad bods. Its that most women dislike gym nuts. If you can get a great bod living your life (including work), all the power to you. Otherwise, you shouldn't put so much effort.

If you're really claiming that everyone aesthetically prefers fit bodies without exception then you're retarded. People aren't identical, they have different preferences.

Now you are just nitpicking. A meaningful majority of people would be more attracted to a fit body than to a non fit one, assuming everything else was the same.

>The few men who like the 'curvy' figure on women will break and be embarassed as soon as their mom or buddy says something about their girlfriend being fat/plus size.

That is a contradiction. A curvy woman is certanily not fat, neither is one with a few well dispersed extra pounds. I do get the impression that you are using the typical American euphmisms for "shapeless tub of lard". And yes, that is disgusting in both men and women.
If it is about a woman just having a little bit more (A LITTLE bit. Not 50kg more) , neiter me nor most men I know will take any issue with that as long as she is otherwise attractive (good face/personality). Some even outright and openly prefer women like this.
Though bear in mind that we are still talking about a possibly somewhat chubby normal female body here, not some bloated abomination.

>If I love a guy it doesn't matter if he has a six pack

Dos it matter if you to bang though? I think this is what concerns guys the most, as it is somewhat degrading to be dependend on a woman living you just for sex, and not be percieved as attractive enough for casual fucking.

You missed the point. If other things are missing due to you putting some much energy into being fit, it stops being worth it for your partners.

>he laughed and said he loved me and loved my body.

Yeah, no suprise. That is an *extremely* nice body. They're just being insecure bitches. Pretty much the female equivalent to Jow Forums faggots who lose their shit and try to "Mog" (lol) you when you bone hot girls despite having a dad bod. Only serves to make their insecurities painfully obvious.

It's not extremely nice. I'm a little chubby and curvy, but I'm not very thin or in great shape. I'm okay, definitely fuckable, but not crazy hot.

My boyfriend is very attractive (at least a 8/10 objectively speaking) and could get a model. He did date models. I'm glad he is autistic as fuck and wants to fuck me.

It is. It is an actually curvy body. It's funny to see how weird standards warp the female mind as well.

>I'm not very thin

Being all bones and hardly eating is a complete turnoff for me, both aestatically and in what it says about our persoanlity.
And again, thats not just me but a lot of guys I know. Some women look good when they are very slim, but the ones who need to constantly diet and work out for it just look like hungry skeletons more often than not.

Muscle tone is nice too, but ultimately it's much more important that a woman feels nice and soft to me than having that.

I don't mind my body. I started to work out a little more now, mostly because I'm getting old and I'm more conscious about not being saggy, but I've never been one to starve herself or to worry too much about a couple of extra pounds.

But I'm not very slim. I will never be one of those very slim, lithe, petite women. I find them so beautiful, too.
Again, I don't think the way I look is "bad". I just don't think it's exceptional.

Pic related would be ideal for me, that's how my bf's sister looks like (more or less), and how his mom was when she was younger. Beautiful women.

Attached: 9c681e338e225a906adee60db6a3645a.jpg (637x960, 118K)

Well, I do find that body less appealing than the last pic you posted. Just not as feminine.

That is of course a matter of taste. Even Leaving aside that for me, the face ultimately makes or breaks it (which is something I heard from a lot of other guys too), I just vastly prefer wide hips and a bit of meat on a woman to this "schoolgirl" type of body.

They're great for throwing around in bed and making you feel all big and manly, but frankly I much prefer having something to hold onto.

I've heard that too. Again, coming from someone who doesn't really want to fuck girls, aesthetically speaking to me the petite body type is always a lot more pleasant to look at.

But I am happy that my boyfriend likes my body as it is, I'm not complaining.
I was just implying that not not all guys want super thin 10/10 victoria secret models with thigh gaps and D cups.

She needs bigger tits

youtube.com/watch?v=PQIw40RYUSQ
>not wanting this

Unless I genuinely make Bodybuilding my hobby, why would I?

Might as well post a vid of some model train enthusaist showing off his stuff and ask why you wouldn't want to dump in the hours to get that.
You hobby is a hobby, nothing more. Get over it.

girls dont like dadbod they like skinny/slender build that is slightly fit

they find that body "cute"

they find buff like OP "hot or sexy"

would you rather be cute or sexy

Why not aim for the middle ground and be both?

Nah me and my dad get along fine and he was always there for me.

I just don't get turned on by manchildren.