College

Is the University of Washington a good college? How should I prepare.

Attached: UOW.jpg (920x600, 84K)

take your time Jow Forums i don't want them short answers

Attached: fire distinguisher.jpg (640x605, 25K)

UW is fine. Prepare by calming the fuck down. Don't do something stupid like getting your textbooks right now and studying over the summer.

I am calm, I've been taking martial arts to stay calm and stuff. As for the studying part, I'm already doing that...

>Don't do something stupid like getting your textbooks right now and studying over the summer.
explain your logic because you look like a complete dumbass

t. 4.0 student who studies material ahead of time

didn't buy them tho
let's say rent

Nobody does this other than incoming freshmen. "Pre-studying" is stupid because you don't even have the syllabus yet.

By all means, if you're already familiar with the course materials, it's fine to stay sharp, but for the love of fuck don't be a tryhard. You'll burn out twice as fast.

t. guy with two graduate degrees (I know what I'm fucking talking about)

>you don't even have the syllabus yet.
email your professor and ask for it, retard
incredible

>he completely ignores everything else in the post
>insists that pre-studying is a good idea
enjoy higher education lad. you're gonna have no friends and burn the fuck out after a week.

Attached: hundred flags.jpg (850x697, 155K)

you're a fucking idiot

Oh believe me I know about burning out, I'll take my time with studying stuff I'm interested in. I made this thread to ask about the atmosphere and shit. also thanks I'll try that bro.

You need to be at least 18 to post here.

guys i dont wanna bug you but...

Fuck off.

yes
and you don't really need to prepare.

dumbass

just go to all of your lectures, read all of your material, make sure you understand how your final grades are calculated. Do all of your assignments, and when you don't understand fucking ask questions.

Most undergrads don't do any of these things

Attached: shiet.jpg (636x515, 38K)

thank you

should I go to college or trade school what the fuck this is killing me

well how social are you?

not very but I want to be social again. my social ineptitude is actually driving me insane.

college then bro

I'm about the graduate undergrad, so here's my list of advice:
>keep your class schedule realistic, because you'd rather be passing comfortably than studying for 7 midterms before dropping dropping a a couple classes and getting poor grades in all of them
>it's never too early to look for interships and job connections, because in the end a 4.0 is only valuable for getting into a graduate program; you're going to need work experience
>keep a calendar, it will help with planning out studying if you see the due dates all im front of you
>if you live on campus, skip orientation. You don't meet anyone or do anything of value.
Despite what , it's helpful to skim through your course a week before the course starts. It's not that important for intro classes, but it typically does give you a better idea of what's going to happen in the class. However, full on studying is excessive. I've had classes where students have spent days prestudying for stuff that was cut out of the syllabus at the start of the course. For stuff like that, ask the professor what they recommend you study. They will be happy to help most of the time.
>lastly, college isn't going to be the best years of your life. Infact, it's prolly going to be the worst years of your life if you're the kind of person who frequents internet forums, and while it will be a drag, you'll make it through if you put in some effort to study.

>lastly, college isn't going to be the best years of your life. Infact, it's prolly going to be the worst years of your life if you're the kind of person who frequents internet forums
I don't frequent them that much, just needed some advice
Also do you suggest calendars I should buy?
>keep your class schedule realistic
always
>it's never too early to look for internships and job connections
what i'm planning to do.
Thank you based user

I've heard good things about UW, as a local. What's your field?

I use these printable calandars personally. I write down all my exam and paper due dates, so I won't forget when they're coming up. I pin them to the wall in front of my desk, so I see them everyday, and I make a mental note on what to work on or study. You can get a pocket calandar if you want to get more detailed, but over-organization doesn't get the work done when it comes down to studying and writing papers.

Attached: IMG_8110.gif (970x750, 24K)

Bioengineering
Chemical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Materials Science Engineering

These are the ones im interested in. Gonna narrow it down this summer.

Thanks brochacho

if you're still lurking, good luck bro

IIRC they're great with bioengineering. Lots of research going on at UW. Did you get accepted already?

not yet, i'm sending it soon tho, i've been kinda working on it since like the 9th grade lol. but yeah lots of research is going on there, just wanted to be apart of something greater than me.

Good luck, man. Have you met with any of their representatives? Are you applying elsewhere too? Are you from Washington?

I have not, I also am applying in North Carolina, Michigan, and Tennessee, and nah.

Almost forgot to say thank you lol.

That's good that you've got a nice spread there. You're welcome. Maybe I'll see you around IRL.

Haha maybe man.