Describe Your Life When 20

>Living Situation
>Savings/Credit Information
>Job/Career Status (position/income per hour)
>Education Status
>Where you thought your life was going compared to right now
>Would you go back?

Attached: Junction_20.png (646x461, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqduy3_ni8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm 26 YO now

but back when I was 20 I was on my first semester of Med School.

My family paid for my education, I have no debts.

I don't earn money yet because I'm going to enter a specialty program next year.

Life is good.

I have a question tho, why do you ask this?

>Lived at home, but it was made clear at this point is was unwelcome/temporary
>Turned 20 with $5,000, turned 21 with $15,000
>Had a credit score of 725
>Wrapped up my 2nd year of college without debt
>Thought I'd leave home on bad terms, change all 3 of my names, and never speak to them again. Turns out we're just having a very strained relationship.
>Fuck no. Currently married with kids and my own house, much better off.

Attached: d2b5e50fda29d529c539156482c0031c.png (800x800, 363K)

>describe your life when 20
debt financed
that is all

I have a crippling desire to compare myself to others at all times.

>Living Situation
Lived with 4 friends in a filthy, roach invested 2 bedroom apartment in one of the nicest crack neighborhoods in Florida. We sold drugs as a means of survival and typically ate most of our profit (we dealt in mdma.)
Zero Savings. Shitty credit. Didn't care.
Unemployed addict/dealer.
>Education Status
Flunked out of 9th grade thrice due to attendance issues. I didn't have any friends there and because of that skipped school a lot.
I thought I'd be dead before age 25, so I didn't plan. I'm gonna be 32 this year and I'm like, "Welp, shit dude, better start a plan."
>Would you go back?
In a heartbeat. Funnest years of my life. Now I work for the man, don't do drugs, have decent credit, and live in a nice neighborhood in a different state. This crusty butt has come a long way.

I suggest you don't ever compare to others, there's always going to be someone better than you in one way or another.

I know people who do much better than me.

This never ends, you'll be fine if you don't ever compare yourself to others.

You will be succesful one day, probably even more than me or anyone else if you really desire it.

Life is not a race after all, the only point of life is having a good time, and you'll have a good time by doing what you love and pursuing your dreams.

Yes I know it sounds cliche, but it's the truth.

>home with family
>forgot but not a lot... just got 1st credit card so low
>college job making a few dollars above min wage
>sophmore at community college
>optimistic with bright future ahead - ready to transfer to a 4 year uni, had okay job at the time, hopeful for a career, had gf/many more friends
>hmmm

To be fair, 20 was probably the best year of my life. Now I'm 26 and am working at a temporary gig in my field making a lot less than I hoped (but more than when I was 20 obv) I'm single and don't see my family/friends as often. Things just didn't work out the way I hoped - partly my fault and partly not.

I can't go back anyways but I was a lot happier then than now. Anyways OP, I hope you cherish your time if you have it good.

>live with my parents
>2k saved up from scholarship
>retailcuck making a couple cents above min wage
>2nd year in uni, barely passing classes
>I'm currently 20, gonna be 21 in a month

>Living Situation
With parents attending a community college
Didn't own a credit card. Had anywhere between 0-2000 in my bank account depending on if I currently had a job
Worked at a clothing store for 10/hr for 2 months
Worked at a movie theater for 12/hr for 3 months, it was comfy but I didn't want to work 30 hrs a week while doing school
Did on and off catering gigs for a friend when I was needed for 16/hr but it was only once every few months
>Education Status
I was in a community college about to transfer to a state college
My life has gone as expected, I graduated and got a generic office job.
>Would you go back?
No, I have more money now and the same amount of responsibilities.

>Apartment with roommate, on great terms
>No debt, $2000+ cash in the bank
>Manufacturing 12.25/Hr Hate the job and planning to jump ship ASAP.
>GED
>Pic related.
>Miss my old job but it had no real advancement opportunities. Part of me wants to go back, but like I said it was sorta dead end but not a McJob.

Attached: dewy expected nothing.png (500x276, 200K)

It just makes me feel better about myself

>Living Situation
This was the year I moved out of my parents' house and rented my own place for the first time. It had just been built so I could get it despite being low on the list. The studio was very small and not in a good part of town, but it was good for me.
I stayed out of debt. My income was low, but my extremely stingy nature kept a positive balance.
I had a full-time summer job that made me about €6 an hour. I had to stack trollies with refreshment and then load them onto trains. I was pretty bad at it and most of the people working there were frustrated pricks.
>Education Status
I was doing alright at a BA that would not get me anywhere.
That strongly depends, when I just turned 20 I was only just learning to take care of myself and the future was very uncertain. When I was staring 21 straight in the face, I already started to work towards being the man I am now.
>Would you go back?
There are some very specific moments I would want to relive, like watching the sunrise and all the birds from my apartment, or those long cycling tours in summer, but that's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hqduy3_ni8Y

I'm trying to get a haircut like the german soldier on that video. Help, hows that called or how do i describe it?

For reference, I'm 25 now
>Living Situation
Living at home while studying
I had a part time job so after I had paid for tuition, I would have some left over for savings. My parents also had some savings in my name since I was a kid (about $10k) plus some investments on my and my brother's behalf.
I was studying and working part time as a cashier in a supermarket. I think I was getting paid around $16 an hour (not that much over minimum wage here)
>Education Status
I was studying law and a BA
Basically the same. I am in a long term relationship now though, which I didn't envisage at the time
>Would you go back?
Assuming you mean if I have any regrets about my life at 20, nope.

>Living Situation
Rented an apartment with my sister, we both had a lot of the same friends and hosted a lot of parties so it was pretty good.

0 savings and 0 debt

Worked a data entry job earning above average for people my age, was also studying.

>Education Status
I was studying an IT degree that I dropped out of, I worked hard and have a good career in IT still.

I was living for the moment back then, lots of drugs and partying, I don't regret it but I could have made better decisions with money, friend choices and relationships.

>Would you go back?
Hmm probably not, there are choices I wish i didn't make, and lots of times I wish i could re-live because they were great fun but overall my life is better at 30.

>Living Situation
Still living with parents
None
None
>Education Status
None
Worse
>Would you go back?
Fuck no

Live at home because I'm retarded.
Minimum wage. Shit job.
ME, 3.0
Less shit.
Yeah.

>Living Situation
Living in the dorms with my friends
Student loans, no savings, no credit since I didnt use my credit card
Student assistant at an office making $13/h
>Education Status
Midway through college (sophomore/junior)
I sure thought things would be better...gosh I really did.
>Would you go back?
Yes. Fuck yes. I would do everything different. EVERYTHING.

>>Living Situation
Moved into own apartment.

>>Savings/Credit Information
Paid cash for apartment and man toys.

>>Job/Career Status (position/income per hour)
Self employed, manufacturing electronics, US$150,000 in the early 1990s

>>Education Status
No degree

>>Where you thought your life was going compared to right now
I achieved my goals and have bought and sold several businesses. Now semi-retired at 45.

>>Would you go back?
Yes, to be 20 again at that time (1990s) when opportunities were plenty and business didn't revolve around mega-corps. But not to be 20 now.

>Living Situation
Had just dropped out of uni and moved back in with parents.

Had some savings, bought myself a little scooter. No credit, no debt.

I had a few, mostly casual retail jobs making area minimum wage. I started working with young children shortly before my 21st birthday and that has become my career.

>Education Status
High school graduate, uni dropout.

Ehh, I had no real plans and it showed. I've only really started making and meeting goals in the last year or two. I'm living independently in a city I chose, working a qualified job I don't hate and in a good relationship which is pretty much all I ever wanted. Now I just want to make more money so I can have more luxuries. So I'm going back to study a new field which is something I didn't see myself doing.

>Would you go back?
If I could go back and start working on some goals earlier that would be great. Would also make a few choices better.

Attached: beautiful ballerina.png (405x734, 738K)

> Small dorm room
> 5000 in debt
> Apprentice proces operator/10 dollars an hour
> High school dropout
> Better over the years as the wage would increase
> No, I am better off now by a very wide margin

I lived with my mom, just started partying

I had a decent amount saved up, no debts besides the car payment (yet)

I worked at Walmart as an overnight stocker, I think I was making 10.40/hr

High school grad, I would be starting college in a few months after I turned 20.

Honestly had no idea what the future was gonna be like during this time, just wanted to keep experimenting in life.

Maybe? There's certain things I'd relive, but I technically have more freedom now, even with the student loan debt.

When I was 20, I wasn't making a lot of money. I was an electrician in training so I made about half the minimum wage, just enough to live by myself. I had to use a scooter to get to work while I saved up for a car (got my first car when I was 21)
Back then I thought I wanted to be an electrician.
Now I have a master degree in engineering and get to invent new robots which is a lot more fun.