Unsolicited Life Advice

ITT, share the single most important life lesson you had to learn the hard way that you want others to hear.

Best advice gets a Cadillac El Dorado. 2nd best advice gets a set of steak knives.

Attached: always_be_closing.jpg (1200x675, 279K)

It's not about loving yourself or body positivity or any of that feel good shit. It's about accepting what you've done, looking into the mirror and saying you know how you've hurt yourself and those around you, and then, rather than turning to self pity or becoming detached, atone for all you've done, not only to others but to yourself, especially to yourself.
To truly love yourself, you must first truly hate yourself.

It's really hard to describe, but it frees you, it's like unlocking this hidden potential, when you accept who and what you are and then truly set out to change it. Until you've lost your pride you'll never see it clearly.

Attached: reflection.jpg (1000x1333, 275K)

Make the most of being in high school or college whilst you can because those days go by way to quickly.

If you struggled in high school just don't go to college, learn a trade instead.

>Intelligence means absolutely nothing.
I've seen a lot of people, including myself, who are told at an early age that they're smart.
It means nothing, it will do nothing for you, and sometimes it can be harmful.
I can guarantee you the majority of the population has the capacity to become great.

It doesn't take a lot of thought to come up with useful ideas.
Finding them takes work.
Realizing them means you have to work with others.
Some people are born with more resources to do this.
Disorders, disease, poverty, and domestic troubles can all seem like it's impossible to be anything more.
That's life.
It's not something you can control, and it does no good to remind yourself of your shortcomings.

People who do great things almost always care about what they do.
A genius is just a person who can follow through with their plans.
No one gets lucky.
You don't need anything to go to college, or to start a business.
I'd even go as far as saying a homeless person could become a millionaire in less time than you would think.

Intelligence is just motivation.
Don't blame it for your own shortcomings.
That being said, you define your own success.
After a while I came to realize the simpler you can get your life, the better.

>college will make you miserable
>If you like someone, get close to them and ask them out. If they say no, then just move on
>relationships won't cure everything
>work out, you'll feel and look better. Just remember to keep it up. One "fuck it I'll work out tomorrow" will turn out to be "Eh I'll work out over the weekend." Then you're back to old habits
>moisturize your face after washing it
>get along with your co-workers even if you hate them, it's important to not start bad blood in the work place

he can't be trusted

-Don't ever drink to the point of blacking out.
-Learn your limit and obey it like your life depends on it.
-Don't drink more than 3 times a week.
-You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
-A cool way to time travel in life is to just fuck around and do whatever. You'll blink, wake up ten years later, and wonder what happened.

Dont take advice from anonymous strangers on the internet

b..but you're an anonymous stranger user.

If you need a quick judge of character of someone, see how they treat people "below" them (fast food workers, bus drivers, etc.)

Bet advice I ever got was from a girl I was hooking up with. I had a few relationships and had sex with a few others but was still awkward and didn't know what I was doing. I was about 27. I had her in bed and was talking too much and she told me "every girl just wants to be grabbed and kissed". Changed my life

was she into rape? Because that is how you get accused of rape

That's a good way to get pepper sprayed.
Also that's my lesson from experience, can I have the car, yet?

She didn't mean rape you fucking idiot. She meant if you are out with a girl or in fucking bed with a girl kiss her ffs

People are never as happy as they make themselves out to be online. The sooner you delete your social media and start to live life with those you can physically be around, the better.

this is why we're all on Jow Forums.

He doesn't mean on the fucking street with a stranger idiot, he means you're out with a girl and you spend all that time trying to make conversation and keep her from getting bored and overthinking shit, when all you gotta do is just kiss her damn it.

I was just joking my dude.
No need for the mountain of salt.

>"every girl just wants to be grabbed and kissed
This is even more true now when most men are too scared to even look at a girl. Being a man really pays.

Did I win the eldorado?

It's ok to be racist. Never trust black people, they WILL hurt you.

I'll add my thoughts on this one, user.

Avoid comparing yourself to other people, that might seemed to work OK in the past but with the recent decade of boom with social media and how it pushes human interaction you're covertly pressured to outperform mirages of people. It's better and less complex to make effort on being a better person that you were yesterday.

Dont Complain
Dont Explain
Dont Apologize

Stop searching for a god-given or absolute purpose; the task is beyond humanity if it's even a sensible task at all.
Ween yourself off mainstream media if you don't want to be pumped with irrational anxiety; Interpret facts for yourself to fill yourself with rational anxiety.
Don't genuinely listen to people who oblige you.

If you want something, go get it, dont expect chance or luck to come your way.
Just go and take it.

Don't go to college without a stem major and a clear plan for a job after or you will have so much debt and so little income you will want to off yourself.
Can I have those steak knives now?

Attached: 1524172298446.jpg (632x775, 86K)

Get your finances in fucking order

So many avenues close when you indebt yourself on high interest loans to buy petty things and trinkets.
Plan ahead, save up, attain realistic goals with future wealth